Gifted Bk. 02 Ch. 02 - The GF Problem

Story Info
The Trio take a day off for a Game of Paintball.
2.9k words
4.71
2.7k
1
0

Part 14 of the 21 part series

Updated 10/17/2022
Created 11/11/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You know all the usual stuff, don't read if it's illegal or you don't like sex or if bisexual sex offends you. All characters are purely fictional, and any likeness is coincidence. Joshua Glynn reserves all rights to this story, the characters, and the world they live in.

This story is about a young man, the brother-sister twins he is in love with, struggling with the gifts they all possess, and trying to find out where they all fit in the world.

Casey has realized that he is missing out on Female companionship, and decided to find himself a Girlfriend... and he is finding it rather difficult after striking out with a girl he really liked...

This is the second book in a series, so you may want to go back and check out the first book.

The Girlfriend Problem: Gifted Book Two

Chapter 2:

Paintball

Joshua

Casey had tried once more the next Friday night, but hadn't felt any connection at all with that girl. I could tell he was getting frustrated, but we reassured him to give it time, a relationship was not something that happened overnight... well baring our relationship... that was something completely different. Most people spend years trying to find the right one, and it was not something that he should be rushing. Especially in our delicate situation.

What he really needed was something to take his mind off the dating conundrum. Thank goodness that Sunday was paintball day! Grandpa was meeting us at our usual field. He rented out the whole field for us once a month for these training sessions.

We arrived at seven AM. There were a few guys there, that were getting the bad news that the field was rented for a private party and they did not look happy.

"Hey, what gives... you the guys renting out the whole field? The Fuck Man... You guys too chicken to play against other teams?"

"No, it is more for your protection. We run extreme speedball, at speeds of close to four hundred plus mph. It really hurts when you get hit and can injure easily."

Their eyes lit up, "Oh man, come on... you got to let us play with you. I've always wanted to play at faster speeds."

"Why not!" Grandpa said as he walked up with a grin.

Are you sure about this Grandpa? I thought.

Yes, it will be good practice for you, and break up the routine a bit. Let's just all agree to hold back a bit, nothing flashy, just standard dodging.

Yea but what about them? We could hurt them. Carrie pipped in.

We will lower our markers down to three-twenty. They will not know the difference. It will still be moving faster than they are used to. This field typically runs at two-eighty. We will mitigate potential injury on their end, and you will still get a workout. "So what do guys say, My grandkids, versus you three. I'll ref."

"Sure." All three nodding vigorously.

"Ok, before we start, I will have to get you boys to fill out one of the field's standard waivers, but we will add a stipulation for the conditions we are going to play at. Agreed?"

They looked at each other and nodded back. Grandpa got three waivers from the attendant, who was not too happy about it, but Grandad paid a lot for the use of this field and he could invite whomever he wanted to while it was his. He added a stipulation at the bottom that the usual safety precautions would not be in play and that they were playing at their own risk. It was all very official sounding language. His son was a lawyer after all.

They signed and Grandpa said, "Ok, let's get started. You guys have to pay for your own gear rental. But I have all the paintballs you will need." They smiled at that. The rental is general cheap, the paint is what cost so much in this sport. "My name is John, and these are my grandkids Josh, Casey, and Carrie."

"I'm Max, this is Jeff, and he's Camron." They were about our age, maybe one of them, Jeff, looked as young as sixteen. They were all cute though. It still amazes me that I consider how cute a guy is now the first time I meet them. "So, is she going to play too?" Max asked.

"Oh, you should not have said that..." Casey said, as his sister's grin had become decidedly wicked.

"Why not? This is paintball, girls tend to just whine and complain when they get hit."

"My sister is just as aggressive as me and Josh here, and we are college football players. You just painted a big old target on your chest for her." Her grin turned even more evil looking.

"Bring it!" he smirked.

"Oh, it is about to be brought..." Carrie quipped back.

__________

Match one: We gave them the choice of field ball or speed ball for the first game. They chose speedball.

We were on the north side of the field, with all of our hands on the pin. The pin is one of the ways to win. If anyone on the opposing team can touch the pin without getting hit, they win. The other way to win was to eliminate all members of the other team.

Grandpa whistled and the match began. It was a furious forty-five seconds. We ran to cover, balls flying and whizzing by our heads as we ran. Camron got out first "Hit!" raising his marker in the air and moving to the side.

Jeff was their best player, he was fast and agile, and accurate. He got Casey with a luck shot as Casey stumbled over a rock underfoot. "Hit!" A few seconds later Max yelped "Hit, hit, hit..." as three shots took him chest, arm, and leg from Carrie.

Carrie, you take the left and draw his fire, I'll flank and take him from behind his cover.

Roger.

She sprinted out to a new cover on the left of the field. She was swerving back and forth, dodging each of his well-placed shots. I began my rush as Carrie opened up on his barrier. She just hit it with as much paint as possible. This kept his head down as I dashed to the right, keeping low. Jeff suddenly realized that I was coming behind his cover on his left, my right, and started to turn his marker my direction. It was too late.

Pop, pop, pop... "Hit!" he raised his marker in the air from his prone position on the ground. Carrie ran over to me and slapped a high-five.

Max walked over to help Jeff up. "Man, you guys weren't kidding these balls hurt." He had one hand on his chest where the ball had hit. Camron walked over as well. Everyone plugged their barrels, and we walked off the field for a quick drink of water. Max took his shirt off to check out his 'wound.' A good size bruise had formed on his right rib where he had gotten hit. His arm, right on the bicep, was not as bad.

The other two checked themselves out as well, they just lifted their shirts to look. All three of these guys were very cut and trim. They must have lived very active lifestyles. I found myself staring, and quickly glanced away. Casey had a knowing smile. "So, guys, you still up for more?" I asked.

"Fuck yea man, we can take it." Jeff piped in, there was a hunger in his eyes. The other two agreed.

We played through four more games of speedball. We won all four games, but they got better and better with each game. The third game was a shutout, but the fourth was very close, Jeff got me and Carrie with early hits as we were running to cover. And Max was taken out on their side, leaving Casey against Camron and Jeff.

But Casey was able to just edge out a victory taking out Jeff with a luck hit to the ankle as he was changing cover. Then he took out Camron by running him down. It is a desperate, dangerous tactic, but works more times than you might imagine. Having someone running right at you, firing as fast as he can at you can be intimidating, and a lot of players freeze up. Camron froze up, "Hit, Hit..." as he took two shots to the chest.

Jeff was limping a bit but had a big smile on his face. We stoppered our barrels and headed back to cover for a drink. "Best Birthday ever! Thanks for letting us play with you guys today. I'm not sure what we would have done otherwise today," Jeff said with a big grin.

I said, "Well happy birthday, how old are you?"

"Eighteen today."

"I'm glad we could help you have a good birthday." Carrie pipped in. "You are very good by the way.

"Thanks."

"Yea, he tends to be our ace in the hole. Seriously though, thanks a lot guys this has been very fun. What's next?" Max asked.

"Field ball." Grandpa said.

For the next two hours we played field ball. We played capture the flag, a classic, where the idea is to capture the opponent's flag and bring it back to your base. In our version there are two hospitals in mid-field off to either side. One for them, one for us. If you get hit, you go to the hospital for a mandatory one-minute wait.

In the end, we won five to three. Jeff was very good at field ball too. He was the instrument of two of their flag captures. The third was due to me and Casey being in the hospital, and Carrie was being pinned down by Camron, while Max ran the flag back.

"Thanks for this guys, this was more fun than I think I have had at paintball in a long time." Max said back in the safe zone.

"I agree this was fun." Casey agreed. We all nodded.

"We have to head out if we are going to make it to Jeff's party on time and still have time to get a shower first." Max said.

"Yea guys we should do this again sometime. Can we get your numbers? We will let know the next time we are coming up if you might want to join us for a bit." I said.

Jeff just smiled, "Thanks guys we would love that."

Numbers were exchanged, and we said goodbye to the boys. "Sorry, for being such a jerk earlier. You were awesome, and a great shot." Max said to Carrie, while rubbing his chest. They were all three bruised from head to toe. Luckily, no one caught a nut shot. In paintball, those are the worst.

Carrie gave him a peck on the cheek, "Don't worry about it. You guys were great sports." His face turned a bight shade of pink. His friends just jeered at him as they walked away.

That was nice of you, I thought.

Yea they seem like good kids. I am actually looking forward to kicking their asses again. But... Was I the only one that thought of giving Jeff a birthday blowjob? Carrie thought wickedly.

Me and Casey both thought, No, in stereo and laughed.

Grandpa cleared his throat, "Ok, we have played around long enough. That was a good diversion, but we only have a few hours of light left. Let's eat a quick lunch and get to training." We all nodded.

The next three hours had us running full training drills. First, Grandad set up on the far side of the speed ball court. We would take turns trying to run past him on the other side. He was slinging paint as fast as he could pull the trigger. For this we would have to use our full abilities. When where playing against the boys, we had all been playing with just our natural raw physical talents. Now, we were using our full power, and we needed it.

Casey went up first, he got all the way up to last barriers before he was hit. He was moving like a blur. When we pour all of our power into running, we can move fast, in short bursts. Grandad reloaded.

Carrie was up next, she liked to be acrobatic, so she was back flipping over barriers, rolling to the next one, sprinting to the next, cartwheel to the last, she leaped for the pin, diving. She got hit mid-air.

Next it was my turn. I ran to first barricade, heard the pat, pat, pat, of the paint hitting the other side of the wall. I juked to the right side, showing my profile, then spun to the left. Balls traced my way. They were too fast at this range to truly dodge, but you could try to anticipate. But that window gets smaller and smaller the closer you get.

The balls were coming so fast, I got near the pin and I did something, I'm not sure what I did, but I had one those moments where it seemed like time stopped. I was dashing for the pin, the balls were tracking on me, and one was just about to hit me, when I felt it impact, but it was not me that the ball hit. I can't explain it. The paintball hit me... but it didn't. It veered and flew off at a different angel, just as my hand tapped the pin, as I rolled to a stop, facing Grandpa.

He smiled, the twins were looking at me with a wonder in their eyes.

"How... how did you do that?" Casey asked.

"I, I don't know."

"Well, Josh, you just took one small step toward what I have been trying to teach you guys." The twins looked at each other, then at me, then grandpa, "Your strength can do some amazing things. You already know it makes you stronger, and protects you to an extent, but this is something that it can do as well. Josh do you think you could do that again? Can you remember how you did it?"

"I'll try..."

Grandpa raised the marker to me and shot. He had aimed to my right side. I instinctively moved to the left, and it happened again. This time though, I was willing it, the deflection. The paintball flew at me, and again, things slowed down for just an instant, and I felt it again. My 'strength' pulled from body, through my right hand and extended just in front of my hand. If buffeted the paintball and deflected off to the side.

Grandad's smile widened. "Ok, once more. This time, Casey, Carrie, ride in Josh's perceptions. See if you can feel it."

He popped another shot at me. This time, I already had my hand up, and didn't even flinch. I practically batted the ball away. I could feel the twins shock as they felt it.

Wow, that's cool, Casey thought.

Grandpa shot at me again, this time firing a three-shot burst. I reacted, deflecting all three shots. Then without warring, he shot at Casey and Carrie on the other side of the field. Both of them deflected the shots. They were looking at their hands in wonder. Hell, so was I.

"So, what is this? Some kind of shield?" I asked.

"That is exactly what it is. This is what has been protecting you from harm. But it can do more than just react to danger. Now that you recognize it, you can command it. Use it to block and parry blows. Deflect missiles of all kinds."

"Wait, what kinds of missiles? Bullets?" Casey asked.

"When you are ready, when you have sufficiently mastered it. Yes. I have been waiting for each of you to realize this for months now. All three of you were so close. I could feel each of you instinctively reaching for the power multiple times the last few sessions, but it never manifested."

"So why didn't you just show us we could do this before?" I asked.

"Because you didn't want to know you could do it until you were ready. Let me explain it like this. Your mind has a set of beliefs. It holds to these beliefs and is unshakable in its firm hold of those beliefs as though they were natural laws. So, if I had shown you that you could block paintballs with a shield of thought... your mind would have rejected it as unnatural. And it would have taken even longer for your mind to relinquish and break those beliefs. It is much better for your mind to decide that this is something you should be able to do, and let you do it, then to force it."

"So, my mind believes that it is impossible for me to be able to block paintballs, so it would not let me do it, even though I can?" Carrie asked.

"Exactly, your mind is very powerful and has a lot of control over you, but like most things, you can train your mind to believe the impossible is possible. That is what I have been trying to teach you, to let go. Free your mind... And this... this is only the tip of the ice burg."