All Comments on 'Girl Friends'

by Xarth

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
quitewronglyquitewronglyalmost 2 years ago

Don't you hate it when people get all "As a [whatever], I feel..." Me too. Anyway, as a demisexual, I feel...

Seriously, though, I'm male and so glad I got a handle on that, because you wrote my experience. And this was sweet and hot and lovely and I will wish the characters many happy returns.

XarthXarthalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Some thoughts related to the story available at my blog

https://xarthwritesthings.wordpress.com

Thanks for reading!

-X

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallalmost 2 years ago

I like your stories... That's why I keep reading them, but... I kinda didn't expect this one... and I really liked it!

It was warm and sweet and all round good vibes.

All thumbs and several toes up!

redbow_kimeeredbow_kimeealmost 2 years ago

Cute story, I liked it. It had me thinking of a few things. At first, a close friend of mine from back in uni. I'm bi/she's straight, and I had a huge crush on her. I never acted on it, but every now and again it felt like she might be questioning. Eventually she moved away, and that was that.

I must also admit to fantasizing about falling for an ace person. Not that I have any illusions that I'm special enough to turn them allo or anything crazy. But in coming to terms that I'm probably demi-something, I've come to realize that I can love someone and perhaps have a relationship based on non-sexual attractions. During pandemic lockdowns my best friend and then flat mate tried having a romantic relationship, in spite of neither of us being particularly attracted to the other. He's gay, but said that I was his exception. For me, he made me feel safe when we were together, he'd been my closest confidant for so long, and he cooked really well. I didn't feel any particular sexual attraction, but it was nice having a sexual outlet that wasn't my hand. Of course, we reverted to being best friends only as it looked like the lockdowns were winding down, but I did learn that my relationships didn't need to be entirely romantic and sexual in nature.

Most recently, I dated someone who, when we met, we sort of clicked so well that it felt like we could've been friends for ages. For sure I was romantically and sexually attracted to her, but as much as anything else I wanted to be her friend. When she decided she wanted me as a girlfriend, but wasn't yet ready for sex, I was okay with that and it's probably what got me curious about ace and demi sexualities.

As you wrote in your accompanying blog post, yes, I think the story could have been nice with more reactions from friends and family about the two friends turning to lovers, but the story does feel complete without it. In the first person narration it would have been difficult to capture those opinions. If you're set on first person, it could be the subject of a voyeurism story, say a third flat mate when the first two get together.

Anyways. All this to say, I've been enjoying the queer and ace related stories you've been writing.

undesiredopinionsundesiredopinionsalmost 2 years ago

this is so cute and fun. it's nice to read stories about ace queer girls as an ace lesbian, it makes me feel a little less weird about browsing an erotica site lol

FandeborisFandeborisalmost 2 years ago

At first a sweet, loving story about two girls that fell in love after knowing each other before. On the other, the blossoming emotional growth of Rayla is really what this story is about, although she isn't the only protagonist. Rayla is the one reduced to having a "problem". But problem really doesn't define the issue Rayla has with sexual emotions. Rayla appears to be very submissive, and want to shed some for that feeling by flirting around, but isn't satisfied because it doesn't fill an emotional void. Only when her best friend 'comes out' does she see a direction in her life and that means connecting to her best friend.

The story is quite well written, Rayla is not made to feel inferior and Amy is an excellent mentor. Even both are virgins, it seems they instinctively know what goes where and why.

You got Five out of me and it was willingly given. Take care

dwoelfledwoelflealmost 2 years ago

Beautiful and see. One of your best yet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story. Being ace myself and only really coming to realize it in the past few years this story helped affirm that my feelings are valid. Please keep sneaking ace characters and traits into your stories, subtle or explicit. Also appreciated the acknowledgement of homophobia without it being an impact or holding any importance in the story as both a nod to how things are and for not letting it take over the entire narrative. I don't find you usually do that, but I see it a lot reading gay/lesbian romance and it's refreshing to get away from both the over-emphasis and the complete avoidance of the subject.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

If you take out the narcotics abuse, it's a great story. But the drug use ruined it for me.

XarthXarthalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Oh my goodness, these comments are actually so touching. It's a good reminder that I never am quite sure exactly what reaction a story will get until it's posted. I think it's really fun to know that ace content actually can do ok in erotic story land, and that it can strike a chord with some of my fellow ace-specs.

Thank you all again :)

gametime279gametime279almost 2 years ago

Loved this story. Not a super intense roller coaster type ride, but sweet and steady the whole way.

VanquishedVanquishedalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful story. I really enjoyed the slow build-up and how the friendship served as the basis to build trust into the more difficult, sexual stuff. Not to mention all the romantic gooey moments. Just want to point out I loved your use of GSRM. Thanks for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was incredibly sweet! Loved it. Thank you for writing, editing, and posting it for us :) We know all of that takes a bunch of time, and we really appreciate it!

CranefluffCranefluffalmost 2 years ago

I just realized this is a new story. In a good way, I had thought I already read it before. Like a familiar and timeless love story. And told in 4 pages. Very impressive.

ElectricBadgerElectricBadgeralmost 2 years ago

Very lovely story!!! *****

GiovanniBruscatoGiovanniBruscatoalmost 2 years ago

You never fail me, Xarth. Its not a storyline that I would typically look for but the depth of your characters and their struggles is always fantastic. Whenever I see a new Xarth story has been published, its Christmas in July! You've been one of my favorites for probably close to a decade. Yikes!

zooliciouszooliciousalmost 2 years ago

Maybe on of the most well-written stories I've ever found here.

lexstrokerlexstrokeralmost 2 years ago

What an incredibly sweet story! The build-up, the way the emotions were conveyed, the dialog…it was all so wonderful and really brought your characters to life in a big way. Girl friends eventually becoming lovers is a popular topic in this category, but you found such a lovely way of exploring that relationship. Bravo.

Heybuddy65Heybuddy65almost 2 years ago

This was an amazing story. So tender and I am a sucker for a happy ending. Thank you so very much for sharing it.

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixalmost 2 years ago

Holy shit. Xarth's classic finely-tuned banter-driven romance, used this time as a vehicle for wlw demi exploration? Count my graysexual lesbian ass extremely, extremely pleased to be seen in this way. If I hadn't grown up the wrong gender, and if I hadn't been pressured into the things I was pressured into, I would just _be_ Rayla. And in a sense, I always was, and still am. Sorry if this is rambly; I'm feeling a lot of emotions as I finish this story. Xaaarth! Ugh. Anyway, just, thanks. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A beautifully-constructed tale of two young lovers and their journey of discovery, written with tenderness and love. Thank you, Xarth.

DevilbobyDevilbobyalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story, soft and tender.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

so sweet and sexy at the same time. please write more wlw pieces, Xarth!

AbikinkymindAbikinkymindalmost 2 years ago

Such a great story. But then again everything I’ve read by you so far is. Five stars. You quickly became my favorite author.

RDantonRDantonalmost 2 years ago

An incredibly sweet story. Thank you.

phfinaphfinaover 1 year ago

Xarth, friend. Are you okay? Your story was lovely and sweet and sad and sexy, as always, and I love Ames and Ray, but I feel your heart breaking, a little bit? Know that you are loved.

kisses, `phfina

TheNightCrowTheNightCrowover 1 year ago

YES! You pulled off ace spec rep in an erotic story wonderfully. Thank you for writing and sharing this!

Bleeds_DaylightBleeds_Daylightover 1 year ago

As a demi trans girl married to an ace girl, this was a delight. Thank you.

Bleeds_DaylightBleeds_Daylightover 1 year ago

@ScottishTexan Um, what narcotics abuse? Xarth’s a Canadian author and usually writes with Canadian cultural norms being quietly in the background. In other stories, Xarth’s characters discussed distinctly Canadian holidays and such. Xarth’s more low key about it than Biscuit but still. And who still clutches their pearls about a joint in 2022?

Cannabis is as legal as alcohol in Xarth’s (and my) home country and totally socially acceptable. It’s viewed as comparable or less dangerous than alcohol (e.g. both in terms of health and increased violence). It’s absolutely normal for people in a group to moderately consume their preferred buzz. It would be more typical to see a person vape, have an edible or a beverage at a party rather than smoke if indoors, because of the second hand smoke and odour (still less social stigma than a cigarette though). Weed’s a popular option with people who hate hangovers or just prefer the mild euphoria to the potential depressive effects of alcohol.

Legalizing cannabis mostly just resulted in non-smoked THC options becoming common and safely available so it’s pretty easy to avoid smoke, and the cops focus on actually dangerous narcotics. The only thing that changed was that the cops stopped busting black and native folks for possessing a plant that most of the cops themselves were smoking after work. Anyway, while I know American laws on cannabis are a patchwork mess depending on state, those scenes could easily be in much of the US too. You guys are maybe a decade behind us in the shift on social views regarding cannabis and we legalized fully several years ago.

If you mean Rayla’s tendency to rely on alcohol to loosen her own inhibitions, I would describe that as unwise but "narcotics abuse" seems extreme.

GoldenredDragonGoldenredDragonover 1 year ago

This was such a nicely written piece of romance for people on the ace spectrum. Well having said that, I can only guess, as I’m not myself... But it felt right! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

and in my head they later got a place together, Ray proposed to Ames wheb they were around 27 years old. adopted a handsome little boy and a beautiful little girl and got a puppy and a kitten to play with them. and lived the reat of their lives together happy. Xarth… I love your stories SOO much! I just love the romance you write! it makes me all smiley while reading and so sad and glad when they end!

EroticAvocadoEroticAvocadoover 1 year ago

Loved this sm. I've always been sorta confused about my sexuality, I know I'm not demi because I feel things for people, but it's so confusing sometimes and this helped a bit <3 Xarth always delivers - Avocado

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah. Just a straight guy with nary a sexual question for even a second in my life. (Aside from why God put vaginas and boobs- basically, a never ending fountain of bliss- on such a miserable and capricious creature.) So, I'm eagerly awaiting your next male-female relationship.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was an incredibly real story for me. Masterfully done.

NoTanLines2NoTanLines2over 1 year ago

Another beautiful, perceptive story by Xarth, master of dialogue that's so natural you forget it's a story. The relationship between Ames and Ray evolves organically, at a perfect pace, steadily building sexual tension between them (and in readers). It's one of those stories you want to revisit at a future date and enjoy again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another vintage Xarth story. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So indescribably sweet and innocent.

NewEroticaWriterNewEroticaWriter29 days ago

A beautiful love story with a happy ending! You fill my heart with joy! Five stars of course! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Rose Monroe 🌹

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

That was very sweet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userXarth@Xarth
Apr 8, 2024: Two new chapters of Gaming vs Femboy are complete and on their way. **** https://xarthwritesthings.wordpress.com/ Check out my blog for thoughts on some of my stories, as well as occasional other ramblings. Mostly every new story gets an entry, and at one time...