Girls Night Out, My Version

Story Info
What are best friends for if not cover up your affair.
10.4k words
4.06
33.4k
58
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LJA644
LJA644
925 Followers

I know it's been done before and I am sure someone has done it better, but this is my version. It is fiction, like Blotto and Twinks. Thanks to AnAverageGuy61 for his help.

Like a lot of things, it started innocently enough. Heather asked me if she could go out on Friday with a few girls from work. Girls, that was a laugh, they were all about 40, although some, like Heather, didn't look it. My wife was beautiful, long flowing wavy auburn hair, and despite having two children, a figure any 25 year old woman would be pleased to have. The cutest face and a smile that lit up a room. We had a nice house, a little empty now as the kids were at uni. We had considered looking for a smaller place, until we realised the grandchildren, when they came along, we would need a room. We planned to make the two adolescent's bedrooms more babyfied for when that happened. We both had good jobs, I was an engineering manager at a local factory, she was an accountant at an insurance company that had its main office in our town. I had a pension from the military, so we were doing ok financially.

I had no problems with her going out with a few girls from her office. I did complain that Friday night was the night we went to the pub with our non-work friends.

When Friday night came round, she came downstairs looking nice, a nice pair of slacks, white blouse and a little makeup and her hair brushed lovely. She looked nice; I told her so.

"Nice, is that all!"

"Of course, my sweetheart." I said to her, "It's a night out with the girls, you're not picking up men, it's nice."

She smiled at that and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said. "Thank you, sweetheart of mine."

We had already discussed where they were planning to go, and she said she'd probably be home about 11 ish when the pubs closed.

As I normally do when she is out, I settled myself in front of the computer to catch up on watching YouTube History videos and I got myself a cool beer, just the one, you know, just in case something goes wrong. And I was glad I did, because at 11:10 I got a phone call, it was Heather. They'd been standing outside the pub for nearly 20 minutes waiting for a taxi and we're still plenty of people queuing in front of them. Would I be so kind as to go and pick them up if I hadn't had too much to drink. I told her I hadn't, and I'd be there in 10 minutes, that was when she mentioned there were three other girls that needed a lift. I was sort of expecting that. I knew most of her work mates, it was probably Sally and Denise, they lived close to us, it seemed sensible. I did wonder who the third was. It wasn't a problem.

I knew the pub, it was in the nightlife area of our town, such as it was. There's a couple of restaurants, a few pubs, a nightclub and a hotel, which also had an excellent restaurant, if somewhat expensive. One didn't have to walk far from one to the other.

I was disappointed to see her friend Debora there, she was the third. She didn't work in the same company as Heather and the other girls, but it appears she inveigled herself along when she heard about it. Debora and Heather had been friends since Junior School. And I was good friends with her husband Jeff, we used to play Rugby together before we became too slow, and it hurt too much, now it was golf. I wasn't particularly keen on Debora; she was a little too brash and loud for my liking. But she was my wife's friend and my mate's wife. So, I ignored my feelings.

Debora and Jeff had only been married for about 10 years, they were both late to married life, both had enjoyed their time being single. But they seemed to have settled down now, well Jeff had, they had two children, and they took the responsibility seriously, well, mostly.

The girls weren't drunk; they were a bit giggly; they did behave themselves, well except for Debora, which came as no surprise. She went over the top about me being so kind as to pick them up and wanted to give me a thankyou kiss and a hug. I told her it was okay, and I stayed in the car. It was safer there when Debora was around.

I dropped them all off their respective houses. Heather and I chatted on the way home, I asked if they'd had a good night, they did. She thought that I wouldn't drink too much in case something went wrong, she knew me so well, and she was really grateful. She promised me she'd reward me tomorrow evening. And she did, I could barely walk on Sunday morning; she had lots of fun too.

As we were having dinner on Tuesday, she brought up the subject of last Friday's night out, it appears they had so much fun they'd, like to do it every month, make a regular thing of it. But at her insistence because we went out on a Friday night with other friends, she wanted to change it to Thursday night. Friday was usually a slack day in their office anyway. So, the first Thursday night after payday, they would all go out. Sounded alright to me. I asked if it included Debora, it did. Bugger.

Just a little thing about me. I notice things, personalised number plates that mean something to somebody, the BMW I followed down the road with twin exhaust pipes, but one seemed to be blanked off with a silver insert. What was that all about? Or at work a colleague changing their facial hair, new buildings going up in the distance as I was driving, road markings that have been repainted in a different place, the Flag of the Union upside down (the broad white band nearest the flagpole goes to the top.) When she changed her hair, her perfume or her dresses. What bothered me was, if I was noticing all of this, what other stuff was I missing. So, what do I not see?

The next girl's night out was pretty much the same as the first one, but this time when Heather came downstairs, I saw she'd dressed a bit more, how can we say, smartly, but without being sexy. I commented on this, and she told me that the other girls put her to shame because they all looked smart and she only looked, and she turned the word back on me, 'nice'.

Most Thursdays when they went out. I would get the phone call at 10:45, it had become the normal way of things. I would pick them up and run around dropping them off. I was quite enjoying it. A couple of times when I couldn't do it one of the other husbands did. There are not enough taxis in our town for the first weekend after payday revellers. Then after about five months or so she came down the stairs to go out, she looked more than smart, she looked downright sexy. Again, I commented, she told me that the girls had started to dress better as well, especially Debora and Sally, and she was just keeping up. Hadn't I noticed how good they looked. I pointed out I was generally looking at the road and the girls were in the back of the car, and it was dark when I picked them up.

I think it shocked her when I said. "You be careful out there; you're going to get hit on by a randy stallion who's just been paid, and who thinks he can get a few G&T's into you and then into your knickers."

"Don't be silly sweetheart, I would never do anything like that." That was when her taxi honked at the front door.

That night when I picked them up, I did look at the girls and despite their age they all looked bloody fine. Debora was the last to get in the car and I'm sorry to say I saw her giving a young bloke a big, long kiss. I hope that doesn't get back to Jeff, I will have to ask Heather about that.

I did ask her about it after we dropped all the others off, and she told me Debora was just larking around with the lad, they danced a lot and that she was just being friendly, there was nothing going on.

The following month was pretty much the same except they wanted to go to the nightclub after they finished in the pub. Heather talked to me about it and asked if I was okay with it, and would I still be happy to pick them up at 1:00 when she called. It could be as late as two. I did point out that she had work on Friday, she agreed, but they'd worked out they could have a late start on Friday as it was a slack day in their office. She reminded me that most paperwork didn't hit their desks until Monday morning.

I asked whose idea it was and wasn't surprised when Heather told me it was Debora's, but Sally and Denise thought it was a good idea, they could do with a spot of dancing.

I got the phone call just before one, it was quite hard to hear with all the background noise. But I did my duty and Debora was last into the car again by quite a long while this time. I had looked but couldn't see her with anybody.

Heather came in after work on Monday and after dinner she said. "Sweetheart, can I ask a question?"

I didn't like that, but I could hardly say 'No', "Of course darling."

"We've been talking at work. We've had so much fun and it's nice to get together outside of work. We'd like to go out twice a month. The first and third Thursday of every month. Are you okay with that?"

"Not really, but I don't suppose I have a choice, and I suppose you want me to still pick you up."

"Yes, please sweetheart, that would be lovely."

"I'm getting a bit bothered about this. This girl's night out started out a quiet trip to the pub with you wearing normal clothes and now it's twice a month to a nightclub with you looking sexy as hell. So, what am I supposed to think." I could tell she hadn't thought about that. I carried on, "I think twice a month every month is a bit much."

"Sweetheart you're not worried about me cheating on you, are you? I would never do that."

How do I answer that? So, I decided not to, I just frowned. That should worry her and by the look on her face it did.

"So where did this idea for twice a month come from?" I asked, as if I didn't guess.

"Debora phoned us today and we talked about it. Sally and Denise are asking their hubby's tonight as well."

"This is just another ploy for Debora to see her boyfriend, you be careful you don't get sucked into this, I would like to know what Jeff thinks about her kissing other men whilst he's home babysitting?"

"He's not her boyfriend, they just dance a lot, it was just a goodnight kiss. Anyway, Debora says Jeff's happy with it."

What was 'it'?

"I would like to hear that from Jeff, I think I'll give him a call." With that I stood up and walked away. She could tell I was not happy, something wasn't right, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I phoned Jeff straight away and he told me he was happy with how it was going. He giggled and said that when Debora gets home the following Friday night, they have a lot of fun if you know what I mean! He knew she flirted, she always did it, but he trusted her, nothing would come of it. I wasn't so sure, but now I was buggered, I couldn't really say 'no' to Heather.

When I got back to the table, I said to her, "Jeff tells me he's happy with this because he gets more sex when she comes back, lucky him I wish I did. But I still think this is a ploy of somebody to keep seeing their boyfriend." And I didn't say who I was talking about. I think that worried her a bit. It could have been Sally or Denise, but I suspect it was Debora as she was the one who started it. And she was one who I had seen kissing men other than her husband. I was not happy.

So, I told her, I did mind, but it was her choice. She agreed that twice a month every month was probably too much, and she wouldn't go every time. Then she came across and thanked me in the most pleasant of ways, she sank down onto her knees as she took hold of the zip on my jeans saying, "If Jeff's getting more because he's letting her go out then you should as well."

The next time they went out on a Thursday it was pretty much a rerun of the first month going to the nightclub, although Heather didn't look as sexy as she had done, she still looked flipping good. I decided to save a little time, so I drove to the nightclub early and parked just down the road, so when I got the phone call I would be there in a few minutes. I sat there quietly on my own and it gave me time to think, which is something I rarely had the chance to do over the last month or so. I started to place things together, from once a month being dressed dowdy, to once every two weeks looking hot. Now she was back to smart, was she hiding something? I might have to check this night club out. Our sex life hadn't changed. she had a shower when she came in, but she always did that, there was nothing new there. Nightclubs and pubs are hot places and getting into a bed with crisp clean cotton sheets with a sticky and sweaty body is not nice. From coming home at 11:00 now coming home at 1:00. Was there something off or was it just a natural progression for a group of middle-aged women. As I pulled up only a few minutes after the phone call I saw Debora kissing some chap. It may or may not have been the one I saw her kissing earlier, it certainly looked similar. Same height, same build, same hair colouring.

Heather had had a few to drink that night and she was a bit giggly, this would be a good time to get information out of her. After I dropped the others off, I asked her how her evening went. She told me they'd had a good time; they danced a lot and she admitted she did get hit on, but she turned them all down. I then asked who Debora was kissing. She went quiet for a little bit and said, "oh the chap she was dancing with most of the time. Gerald's his name."

She didn't know I'd seen Debora kissing him before.

"I hope she's not having an affair, that would destroy Jeff and her marriage."

"No, she's just flirting, you know what she's like, nothing would happen."

For effect I reached across and turned the radio off using the dashboard button instead of using the steering wheel controls. Heather noticed. It had been just playing in the background, I always have some sort of music on when I'm driving.

Then I hit her with it. "If it did happen, and she had an affair, would you tell Jeff?"

I glanced across at her face, she was in a quandary, she hadn't thought of that.

I pushed it a little more. "Well, would you?"

"I, I don't know, I'd have to think about that."

"I can't see what there is to think about. She cheats on her husband and if you keep it from him, you're as guilty as her. And if you don't tell him, I'll think you've got something to hide."

I think she became quite sober in those few seconds.

"It's sticking my nose into somebody else's business, I'm not sure I have the right to do that. I'd have to think about it."

"Well, when you think about it, think about Jeff and their kids, if she does it just once, she might get away with it, but then again, she might not. If it's a long-term thing Jeff will ditch her as sure as shit smells. Do you want to see them ruined? I thought she was your best friend."

The rest of the drive home was very quiet, it was a good job it wasn't far.

The next Thursday they went out. I started to get a bit worried, it was nearly 2:00 when I got the phone call. And it has become my norm of waiting just a few spaces down the road. I could see the entrance to the nightclub and there wasn't any loud background music and that was strange; these were big changes.

I saw Sally and Denise standing there, but no sign of either Heather or Debora. Sally and Denise were in a huddle, a few men approached them and left quite sharply. After a few minutes I sounded my horn and got out of the car so they could see me. I saw Sally turn and shout. That was when I saw Debora disentangle herself. Heather reappeared from the taxi queue, where had she been? I had taken more notice of Debora this time and it was the same chap that she had been kissing before, and I could see a lot of wandering hands as well.

After everyone was dropped off Heather apologised for being so late, but they were waiting for Debora. I asked her where she was when I got there. She told me she was looking for Debora. I found that a little hard to believe as I had seen her at the front of the night club, and she was wrapped around young Gerald.

I again mentioned these antics with Gerald and asked Heather if she'd come up with a decision about what she would do if she found Debora cheating on Jeff, she told me she was still thinking about it. That she had the start of a plan and would tell me when she had it fully worked out. I wondered what she was planning. Well, I had already made a decision.

This called for lists and planning and maybe a disguise. I was going to play private investigator and if I found Debora having an affair, I would tell Jeff. But I will give her a chance to stop it before I tell him.

I was hoping she hadn't started already and would call it off before it went too far. I wasn't sure that was the right thing to do, but I was thinking of Jeff and the kids. That was a moral dilemma I would have to sort out for myself, but I put that decision off until I had to make it, and hopefully it would be one I wouldn't have to make.

I do plans and lists. At work I plan scheduled maintenance, overtime for the lads to fit in the maintenance schedule, payment schedules for spare parts, it becomes second nature. But the disguise will be new.

I spent the next week working out how to get to the club on time in disguise, and back out, out of the disguise and into the car after the phone call. I thought it strange that nobody had noticed it didn't take long for me to get to the nightclub after the phone call, they were probably too wrapped up in their own little world. And Debora to hers and maybe Heather in hers.

The disguise was the hardest thing. Because I had no idea how to achieve it, how to dress. I normally wear jeans, a rugby shirt and trainers except when I want to go out looking smart and then I have a couple of suits with very little in between, oh there's a pair of light coloured chinos and a pair of shoes with a couple of casual open neck shirts, that was it. I didn't need to dress up very often, and when I did, a suit was perfect.

How do I change my looks but not stand out? I didn't want Heather, Sally or Denise and especially Debora to recognise me. The following Thursday I thought I'd do a recce to the club. I told Heather I was going out for a few beers with the boys which I did till ten o'clock. I wore my chinos and a shirt, the boys took the piss out of me, wondering if I was chatting some bird up. I told them to go fuck themselves, or better still each other. Then I went and got the round in. They knew my feelings on fidelity, and I wouldn't cheat on Heather.

Then I wandered into the nightclub, paid the extortionately priced entry fee plus the extortionate price for a beer and studied the place, which wasn't very full. That was good, it was quite dark as you would expect, with some flashing lights. Strangely enough the music wasn't too loud that you couldn't talk over it with a raised voice. I found the toilets and a dark corner or two. The one that grabbed my attention was the one closest to the toilets. Because when Heather did phone me, I couldn't have the same music playing in the background that she was listening to. So, I would have to rush to the toilet to answer it. It may sound a bit echoey to her if she notices, but I could explain that away. Just before I left at eleven o'clock I had a look round to see what all the other men were wearing and most of them were wearing chinos, open neck shirts, some had sports jackets on; there was even somebody wearing a cravat, it was almost a uniform. The women all looked good too, most very smart, some just downright sexy.

So, I fitted myself out with a new pair of chinos, a nice new pair of loafers and an open neck shirt all of a darker shade to everything than I had in my wardrobe and would be more discreet in the dark of the night club. I went to my barbers a little bit earlier than I would usually do; I asked him to make it a little bit shorter than he normally would. Next stop was the wig shop. I explained that I wanted something that would change my hair colour but without standing out as I wanted to play a joke on a mate, I also didn't want to spend too much money as it was only a joke. I declined the offer of a second-hand wig that I was offered. But I settled on a blonde one instead of my usual dark hair. It wasn't bright blonde, it wasn't shiny it was just blonde, again it shouldn't stand out too much, just subtle and inconspicuous. Next was a pair of the weakest glasses I could find.

LJA644
LJA644
925 Followers