Gliese Chronicles: Thin Margin Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I placed Captain Duris and Commander Caprinol in command of their ship, while Commander Stanford and myself would be fleet commanders so a clear division of labor and responsibility was laid out and understood by those we commanded. Our first order of business was to inspect and ready the sick bay and cryo-compartment for operation in a safe and effective manner. This we accomplished in quick order by having the medical team select their leader and assign duties as their expertise dictated.

Captain Duris maneuvered New Frontiers into position within the fleet to be ready for whatever we may elect to do in the near future. I sent orders detailing the command structure to all of the robot commanders of the other vessels and ordered the fleet to remain at station with New Frontiers acting as the command center. It was time to establish a routine schedule so operations would run smoothly according to Earth standard. I ordered all ships clocks synchronized to our standard time on a signal at 2400 hours.

I looked at Commander Caprinol and Captain Duris—they looked fatigued after a long day of meetings and making the ship ready by giving orders to the droids to assist our crew members in performing their duties.

"Captain Duris, shall we have the droids take the second watch as we get twelve hours of rest? It has been almost fifteen hours since any of us have been off-duty."

"That sounds reasonable Captain. I know you haven't had time to become fully familiar with New Frontiers so Commander Caprinol and I can show you and Commander Stanford the bridge officer's quarters."

We followed Captain Duris down a corridor aft of the bridge and found ourselves in a small cul de sac with four doors, each with a label—captain, commander, first officer, and second officer.

"Captain Casperson, I suggest you and Commander Stanford use the quarters labeled first and second officers, as Commander Caprinol and I have our personal gear in the other two. We can move later if that is your wish."

"Thank you, but you should keep your quarters. We can sleep here even though we have our own quarters on Avenger. These quarters are more convenient for now, I'm extremely tired as I'm sure you both are."

I watched as Duris and Caprinol looked at one another, then to us with smiles, then they turned away as they entered the Captain's quarters together, the door closing behind them. I smiled to myself, I had guessed right.

"Commander Stanford, let's see what the first officer's quarters looks like."

Morton looked at me puzzled.

"Morgan, it's time to get some rest. I think I'll sleep better if you're with me."

"Neenah, do you really think this is a good idea?"

"Morgan, none of our crew are here and won't be. I'm too tired to do much more than sleep, but I'm tired of not having time alone with you. All I want right now to have you hold me as I go to sleep."

I looked at Morgan through tired eyes, feeling my body starting to wind down. I needed the rest, some respite from the stress, having Morgan next to me as I slept was the best way of getting it. Our time together alone had been put off for over three weeks. Now, I wanted whatever I could get.

He took my hand, pressed the button to open the door, and led me inside. I heard the door close behind us and I turned to see his smile. "Get undressed. I'll contact Avenger and alert them to the fact we're off duty and to contact me if needed. I'll inform them you're off-duty as well."

I quickly took care of my personal needs, flushing my mouth, and washing my face. I was happy we had managed to consume several high nutrition bars while on duty to keep going. I walked out as Morgan walked in touching hands as we passed—the contact felt good.

I took my shoes, socks, pants, dress blouse, bra, off and slipped into a bed that felt as comfortable as any I had ever experienced—I closed my eyes. I heard Morgan's voice in the background—it sounded distant and blurred. Then minutes later, I felt his hand come to my side. I lifted my arm as his hand come under it to cover my breast. It was the last thing I remembered as it went dark—his voice ordering lights out.

I woke a little more than eight hours later feeling refreshed and something more—a strong feeling of arousal. A warm feeling that was pleasurable, reminiscent of early sexual arousal. Morgan and I had only spent a few hours at a time in bed kissing, hugging, and caressing on three previous occasions getting to know one another. The last time we were ready for full engagement, Morgan having gotten as far as pulling my underwear off, we were summoned from our bed to report for duty immediately.

I had gotten my hand around his cock and the sensation of its warm firmness had filled me with desire. Since then, we had only been able to kiss and hold each other for a few minutes at a time. Our desire was there, the time to act upon it hadn't been. The memories of that time together had not faded away.

Each time we had laid together I had felt a strange kind of sensation greater than normal sexual arousal. I had been with enough men to know it was different. I had heard from female friends that some Etteran men, the blue men, had special abilities to please a woman sexually. I had put this down to the kinds of rumors women spread among themselves for entertainment—embellishments of the truth. This morning, however, the feeling was much stronger than ever before and I was sure I wasn't imagining it—I really wanted him in the worst way.

I felt Morgan beside me as I opened my eyes. The room lit only by a red communications console light panel and a small red light in the bathroom unit—I could make out his form as my eyes adjusted to the light level. I rolled over slowly and studied him—the warm hum of my body telling me I wanted him to the fullest possible extent. I felt a moist sensation between my legs—there was no doubt I was more than a little aroused now.

I slowly got out of bed, walked silently to the bath unit and closed the door behind me. I finished my morning toilet and proceeded to wash my genitals wanting to be fresh for him. It was comforting to know my internal birth control measures were in place. I opened the door and returned to bed, slipping in next to Morgan as quietly and softly as possible.

I snuggled in close to him and after a few minutes felt myself start to warm again in that strange way—as if my body had received a special signal to prepare. I knew I was at the peak of my cycle and thought that was why I was so sensitive to his presence. I closed my eyes and enjoyed what I was feeling and after a few minutes reached over to find his cock fully erect. I gently caressed him until I felt him rouse and turn towards me.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?'

I smiled and whispered, "Good enough to want some attention this morning before we have to face our day."

He rolled over onto his back and I climbed up to kiss him as he wrapped his arms around me. After a minute he started to move and I lay down knowing it was his turn in the bath unit. I got protection for the bed as he finished washing up. I wanted to make sure we would have a clean bed before taking a shower afterward—just in case someone showed up unexpectedly. I had visions of Morgan's almost naked body dancing in my head as my body continued to inform me I was more than ready.

I decided to remove my underwear as I sent my hand down to rub a few times and found myself slick. I removed them and pulled the thin sheet up to cover myself from the waist down, fluffing my short hair a little to make it appear I was ready for some intense action. I watched as Morgan opened the door and walked towards me in the dim light of the room.

I thought there was a difference in color below his waist and above his legs as he approached. I was sure it must have been his dark, hairy pubic area, but it appeared the coloration continued around to his buttocks as he turned slightly to get into bed with me. I was sure it was simply the red lighting in the room playing visual tricks on me.

We started to kiss and caress one another and after a few minutes I felt my pussy almost throb and grow tight with need as my body went hot. It had been a long time since I last had intercourse and I knew how much I was looking forward to this—but the pleasurable sensations of arousal seemed intense this time. Our passion grew, our lips locking and unlocking as our bodies writhed against each other. I had reached the point where I simply needed to feel him where I needed him most.

"I'm ready, I want to be on the bottom."

I felt his entrance as soon as my hand left his cock after guiding him into place. I felt the warm full feeling as he pushed in several times. Usually, a penis felt best just after insertion and then faded as my vagina became well-lubricated with a few more deep thrusts. This time, however, it was different—when the thrusting stopped the sensation by movement remained strong. It was then he asked if I was okay.

"It feels different, really good, so I'm fine," I whispered as I placed my hands on his hips and applied pressure for him to start moving again knowing about 15 centimeters of him was in me. I could hardly believe how good it felt as he moved over me after I adjusted the angle of my pelvis to increase the friction between us.

A few minutes later he stopped moving again. "You're tight. I have to rest a minute," he whispered softly.

I expected the stimulation I felt to fade while he rested, instead, it felt as if he were still moving inside me. The pleasure was steady and it seemed as if my vaginal muscles had tightened just a little more. I was getting closer to my peak already. He started again and after another few minutes I was pushing myself hard against him. I feared he would change his pace as I grew close and ruin my orgasm by bringing me to the edge, and then have to stop to rest. I was so damn close and I wanted this so badly.

I grasped his hips again and applied pressure. "I'm getting close, a little faster, bear down just a little more," I hissed.

He picked up his pace and seconds later I felt myself tighten around him, "Go, don't stop, I'm there if you keep going. Oh, oh go, GO!" I gasped.

My entire body shook as the pleasure exploded in my pelvis—I closed my eyes and felt my toes curl as my legs went stiff. I heard Morgan moan as I gasped a few times before my body went limp. I removed my hands from his shoulders and waited for him to pull out.

I really hadn't great expectations for our first time together—I was wrong, it had been so much better. My contractions had been intense and I put it down to the lack of sex for months. Of course, it didn't hurt we had worked so well together either. We lay together quietly after he pulled the sheet over us. I closed my eyes as I lay my head on his shoulder, and whispered, "I wish we had enough time to do it again as it felt so incredible."

"I know. But we need to get up and get something to eat before someone comes looking for us. Now we have a place to come to where no one on our crew knows. But there's something we need to discuss later."

"Yes, we do," I murmured breathlessly, "Yes, we do." It was then another intense wave of arousal hit me. I wanted him again, right now. I pushed back against the urge wondering why my still slick pussy was growing hot again. What was it we needed to talk about?

"Okay, I'm going to get into the shower and get dressed first. Then I'll check in while you get showered and dressed. Then we can go back to Avenger to eat and check on the crew."

I smiled, "Good plan," as I tried to ignore the heat between my legs.

He was such a good man and I had just found another way he was good. Now, we would go back to work and no one would be the wiser to our time together. I was already looking forward to our next night together and more to come afterward. I had to admit I had missed having sex a lot—I hoped he had too. But this first time was exceptional beyond belief.

Half an hour later we stepped to the door and stepped out into the hallway. We had just taken a few steps when we heard a door open behind us. We turned to see Commander Caprinol step out with a smile.

"Good morning. I hope you are as well rested and pleased with the night was I am."

I smiled and replied, "The quarters are more than a step up from what we have on Avenger. I slept very well last night. Shall we go to breakfast together?"

"Thank you. If you wait on the bridge for a moment I'll get the Captain to move a little faster. I'm afraid I may have kept him a little busy this morning."

I smiled to myself as I thought about how long they had been in cryosleep. That was one hell of a long time to go without sex—I guess I had nothing to complain about. I looked at her with a smile, "I understand. We'll meet you and Captain Duris on the bridge whenever you're ready."

We walked to the bridge and Morgan lost no time in sending a message to the crew of Avenger we would be arriving shortly with the New Frontiers officers for breakfast.

Then he turned to me with a smile, "I've already had a great morning thanks to you. I never expected you to be so cuddly and sweet."

"Commander, you didn't expect me to be so horny and I didn't expect you to be so incredibly good at pleasing me."

I glanced around and found only humanoid robots present, I stepped to Morgan and planted a firm kiss on his lips, "There's more where that came from Commander."

Captain Duris and Commander Caprinol joined us a few seconds later. We entered the transport tube and were quickly in the hangar bay airlock. Stepping out into the hangar bay we found members of our crew inspecting the lower hull of Avenger. Parsons was present and I wondered if he ever slept.

"Good morning Captain, Commander. We found a piece of debris embedded in the hull. I think it was what caused the stealth system to go down as it hit a node of the imaging system. We already have it repaired and the area reinforced.

"Very good. Make sure a description gets into the ship's engineering log."

"Already done, Captain."

We had breakfast and talked about the action items that needed to be undertaken during the day. The good news was the medical team were now assigned quarters and work spaces on New Frontiers. It had allowed the team to start their work in earnest. They reviewed the existing data and expected to have a draft summary of their findings ready for review by mid-day. This summary using data collected fleet wide would provide an overview of the numbers of potential patients, those who were healthy, and those who had succumbed to what was now most certainly a viral agent—in essence, a plague had been brought into the fleet by the pirates. The numbers were grim, there were precious few survivors.

I was a little concerned that Morgan had volunteered to lead an away team to the other large vessel named New Beginning to gather their medical samples for analysis. This ship was of the same design as New Frontiers and records showed its senior officers had perished along with most of the crew and passengers. It was a terrible blow as shown by the expressions on the faces of Duris and Caprinol as we reviewed the draft summary. Obviously that had lost friends and shipmates.

Three hours later, I watched as Avenger's shuttle craft leave the port hangar bay door headed for New Beginning with a medical team composed of a doctor, a nurse, a humanoid robot from New Frontiers, and Morgan. They would gather samples of tissue and fluids for study to insure a wider sample of the genetic diversity of the virus. Once the genetic code was known formulating a vaccine would be possible in relatively short order. The mission was low-risk, but I couldn't find a reason to prevent Morgan from going as he was the best qualified of the non-medical people available.

Commander Caprinol and I found ourselves inspecting a section of the ship I was interested in from an engineering point of view a few hours after the away team had left. Being at station didn't demand my attention on the bridge and it was nice to have the freedom to satisfy my curiosity. Not only about the ship but about the people on board, including Duris and Caprinol.

"Captain Casperson, I was wondering what will happen to us now. I know we haven't gotten that far yet, but I know decisions will have to be made and forwarded to the civilian authorities."

I turned to Caprinol with a smile, "Please, when we're alone call me Neenah. There's no need to be so formal at this juncture, it serves no purpose."

"Thank you, I would like that. Please call me by my first name, Ada."

"Neenah, you know James and I are a couple and plan to marry, I suspect you and Commander Stanford are too, though perhaps not as far along we are. James and I planned to settle down and start a family after our arrival at a new world. Now, it seems as if we don't know what will happen. Your admiral did not seem very supportive, and I'm not sure how much of an advocate he will be on our behalf."

I didn't feel comfortable telling her I wasn't sure either, but that was the truth. Admiral Prescott had a reputation as someone who was opportunistic—taking advantage of a situation to improve his standing among the political leadership. What was I going to tell her?

"Ada, I don't know how this is going to play out. Morgan and I have talked about if briefly and feel that up until we know how many people will survive cryosleep and medical treatment for what appears to be a viral infection what will happen. The situation requires a nuanced approach so as to not alarm our people and at the same time encourage them to think about our shared humanity."

"I see," she responded, "that makes sense. We don't know a thing about your culture while you at least know something of ours having left Earth before us."

"That's true. Our society is tightly controlled in terms of population size and the amount of land that is allowed to be developed on each of our three inhabited planets. We have tried not to commit the same ecological mistakes as our ancestors on Earth had done. The orbiting space colonies offer some additional room for growth, but it's limited. It's possible support for a new orbiting colony could be established using New Frontiers and New Beginning as an ad hoc colony."

I watched as she nodded her head in understanding. "Do you think your leadership might simply provide us medical aid and send us on our way?"

I pursed my lips, Morgan and I had considered that option. So much depended upon the number of people involved as it determined how many resources would be required to accommodate them. There were political factions who wanted more development and those who wanted the status quo maintained as it had worked for hundreds of years with a prosperous economy and good relations between the planets as one people despite some cultural differences.

We found ourselves back in the bridge about an hour later having discussed a number of other issues. I found Ada to be intelligent and mild mannered. She had asked if two children were permitted for each married couple and I had responded one child was permitted for each male and female regardless of whether they were married, or not—in other words, you were allowed to replace yourself in the population. There were exceptions made, but they were relatively rare—natural births of twins being the most common.

Half an hour later I received a message from New Beginning and was reading it when I went cold. Morgan had happened upon a leaking vial in one of the labs and been exposed to its contents. The medical team had quickly cleansed the area and had decided to isolate Morgan in place. They had been apart at the time and had sealed off the room he was in immediately. The shuttle was on its way back to New Frontiers with the samples and would return with food supplies and water. An adjacent room would act as a clean room to prevent spread. Based upon what the logs had thus far revealed symptoms would manifest themselves within a standard day—24 hours.