All Comments on 'Glory of the Fall'

by shakna

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sort of wish you would create two accounts, one to post all this furry stuff in, and one for your more normal writing.

mharrisonmharrisonabout 2 years ago

Great story and love the way this continues to tie all the related stories together and give possible alternatives to how they progress.

As to the desired winning champion - Since Toofy isn't one of the champions (at least so far....) as I really want her back then of the characters you've presented here I think it needs to be Meirakeillian.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think the most interesting would be a curveball return, someone who wins through wits rather than brute force, orli far surpasses any of the other candidates in magical power save for maybe meirakeillian. But the more interesting route would be someone like xivian, she has the backing of the green goddess and her power is basically unknown, though that does mean killing Liz which is an unkind fate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hmm, I'd say Efina needs to be gone. Kaden would probably take her down assuming he still has all the dark magic of Menes. No real point in him returning without it. He wouldn't be much of a 'champion' then. >Daen will go for it of course. His first chosen opponent of the group will probably be Meirakeillian and she will destroy him for good this time. >If Liz and Xivian choose battle they will probably have to face each other first. Xivian likely the winner but it doesn't matter because they are both just cannon fodder in this winner takes all battle. They were only ever just pawns. >Trician and Orli are more cannon fodder I think. It appears that Trician would sacrifice for Orli. Maybe their powers merge to be the combo Orli needs for all her power? A dangerous combo but still would likely fall in this match. >Khild would be a toughy. Sai could certainly use her blessing of victory for him. I don't know or remember the god wanting her as a champion so she seems a wildcard in that respect but figuring all of the gods want to cause mayhem like Mischief, she likely needs to lose in the match. Plus her return, or even Kaden's probably would mean that the ring had been put back together. The surviving pure orcs would likely be cursed with the magic as well. Restarting that whole mess again. They would end up an army to either her or Kaden if either return. Maybe she would see it coming and help to battle Kaden and sacrifice herself in the battles as well? >Kaden being chosen by the Neko goddess? Hmm, seeing as how under another's control he might just exterminate all nekos maybe it's a backup plan? He would be kept from doing that should he win the match. Not exactly the ally people would expect or want. >Meirakeillian being Mischief's champion means devastating battles could happen. Just keep her mislead and ever promising an egg. Meirakeillian is probably the only one who could outright defy the control placed on her should she choose too. You've already begun with two examples that could save salamander/dragon kind. At first I was only thinking of one, Bubbles' child with the doc. But didn't Salmon and Reenhalla produce something? Or was that a different Catgirl and a succubus? A touch of neko could fix their constant loss reproductive standard. Might also change their shifting sexes and keep them on one side or another. The current salamanders still holding their egg should choose nekos and break the one egg curse for their children. Their kind would be different but it would survive. >Funny that tai wants in on all this. I thought he was supposed to be one of the neutral parties up there since time was his thing he could foresee outcomes. That would be like cheating. But if he's in it, why isn't the Arachne goddess? It was Trician that visited her on the web(s) wasn't it? I thought even the Arachne goddess was a bit surprised by it. Maybe in a way, she is above all the other gods? Since, as I remember, she can look back as well as forward and see all the possibles and well as what paths are chosen. I get the feeling she could, if she wanted, pull the strings together or apart to make lives cross, join or separate. Quite the ultimate power that may be why she stays out. It could cause her to be the target of all the other gods. Then Drachne might have to elevate like her mother foresaw her own path doing and let herself be taken. Ok, I'm getting confused and going way off on a tangent to the singular question shaken asked. The best hope is probably Meirakeillian. Learning of Toofy's death will enrage her and allow Mischief easier control but loyalty extended to Toofy's daughters may give her the strength to set the world right even against a goddess's wishes. Might cost her her life again but if she had knocked up one of the girls at that point she still gets her egg and has the satisfaction.

shaknashaknaabout 2 years agoAuthor

@anon - Reenhalla is pregnant with Salmon's kid. Well remembered. Though we won't really be seeing the kids in the current arc (gotta let them grow up, before they become a character), we can see with grown mongrels like Ink/Exilia that mixing species does sometimes come with issues. Though... Tauli is what you get with a neko ancestor and a salamander, so it might not be all bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’m really rooting for Kaden to win. The man has risen from nothing, fought against emmisaries of gods and almost came out on top, with little other than his sheer ambition. The exotics are running around the world, seeking their own goals, using their undeserved powers they got by their birthright, while humanity has to stand back and suffer. Frankly, I think it is time for god emperor to come back and return the blow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My preference would be Khalid or Efina. I feel like they've got character growth and potential in them while all the others mostly feel like their stories are complete.

tempestseatempestseaabout 2 years ago

Meirakeillian definitely she deserves an egg...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usershakna@shakna
My favourite writings are my fantasy-world settings, my followers adore my forbidden romances. There's a few things to find here. It's always fun to hear from a fan, and who knows... You might inspire me to write something. I try and respond to every email, but you may have t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES