Glow

Story Info
Ben and Lily meet.
4.1k words
3.95
6k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter One

Lily stared outside the window, distracted yet again. A grey bird with a high crest was sitting on a branch in the tree just outside her bedroom window. It looked in her direction for a moment, cocked its head before letting out a long screech then dropping out of her range of vision. "That is one weird bird", she thought to herself, never being able to get used to seeing it.

"Focus", she said out loud to herself, and went back to her laptop, willing herself to finish off the report she was busy with. After 40 minutes, she pressed send on the email and closed her laptop, glad that her work was done. She got up, stretched lazily and went to the kitchen for some coffee, gently humming to herself as the electric kettle boiled and she poured instant coffee into a white mug. She took the coffee to the lounge and sat on the couch, her thoughts wondered again, to him. Always him! For a moment she indulged herself in the fantasy before groaning in frustration and switching on the TV to find something to watch.

She had already cleaned as much of her one bedroom apartment as was necessary for her to look forward to the long Easter weekend. All she had to do was keep herself entertained for the next 3 days, which was not too hard considering she hardly went out, didn't have many friends, was a self-confessed introvert and liked her alone time. Lazily flipping through the channels, she stopped when she saw a sci-fi movie that looked interesting. Halfway through the move however, she found herself thinking about him again. Again! The guy who had done nothing to spark her interest, except pay her one innocent compliment. Before then she had hardly looked at him, despite sitting almost opposite him at work for a month. Now he was all she could think about.

Her thoughts went back to the day they had actually talked. The fated day of that careless compliment that had been the cause of many a stressful day that followed, complete with butterflies, a giddy feeling and unbearable excitement. All this was unnerving to her as she was not one to a) mix work with pleasure, or b) fall into infatuation. She was 25 for goodness sake. And level-headed where it mattered. And single for 3 years, which she did not mind.

As far as she could tell, he had done nothing to even register any sort of attraction on his part. He was just communicating with her and she had completely lost the plot.

Her phone registered an incoming message and on looking at the preview, she was alarmed to see it was him. Ben. Why on earth was he sending her a message when they never communicated outside of the office?

"Hey Lily. How are you doing?" Simple text. WTF! She thought for a moment and sent back "I'm good thanks Ben. Yourself?" Keep it semi formal. Stay calm. "I'm good thanks. Can we meet somewhere for a cup of coffee? We need to talk." Why do we need to talk? , she wondered to herself. Maybe he senses something and it was making him uncomfortable. Worse, maybe it is so obvious to everyone else and someone mentioned it to him. She sighed. Ok, might as well meet him and explain herself. "Sure. Can we meet at The Daily?" she typed, resigned. "Will be there in 30 minutes? 😊" she looked at the smiley face, confused. Maybe it won't be so bad after all, probably work related.

30 minutes later, she strolled into The Daily, trying to carry off a cool façade, yet her stomach was doing back flips. She looked around as a waiter approached her with a big smile. "Hello. Table for one?" "I am meeting someone and he is already here" she said, pointing to where Ben sat at the back of the shop. She walked over to him and smiled, trying to be casual, "Hey Ben." He had stood when he saw her approaching and leaned over to give her a quick hug before opening a chair for her and sitting down himself. He fumbled with the menu a little. A waiter came and took their orders for coffee and after a while he raised his eyes and smiled at her.

"You good Lily?" "Yes I am. Is everything ok Ben? Something happen?" he smiled to himself, knit his fingers together and cleared his throat. "Look Lily, I have something to tell you. Just don't freak out. Please. Hear me out first." She swallowed and looked straight at him. This sounds serious. Work trouble? If it were general, he would have just called me instead. Unless he wanted to be the one to tell me. But I haven't noticed anyth... "From the moment I saw you, I was overwhelmed by your presence. I said before you were powerful, I just didn't clarify what I meant." He paused, running a hand through his hair. Just then, the waiter came with their coffees and after setting them down and checking they were still alright, left.

He took a sip of his coffee. She did not dare touch hers. "I FEEL your presence. I feel most of the emotions you feel. I am kind of tapped into you." Startled, she drew back slightly and looked away from him, thinking of how to make her escape. All this time, you have been crushing on a psycho! Well done. Her mind screamed at her. She tried to keep calm and wait for the right moment to leave. Don't piss him off. Act normal. Don't make him feel weird.

"I know you're a little freaked out, I can sense that too. Believe me, I am not a psycho. I can tap into your emotions. I am...well... kinda psychic Lily. Always have been." He took another sip of his coffee, looked at her pointedly with a small smile. Then he looked down at her coffee and back at her again. "Not drinking it? It will help you feel a bit better Lily. Besides, I am not finished yet," She slowly took a sip of her coffee and held it in her hands as some sort of buffer against her and this new reality. So much for that. She almost laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of her fantasy now. "If this is all amusing to you, wait until you hear the rest." He said mockingly. "I know since we talked that day you have not been able to get me out of your head. We established an emotional connection that day, just by talking. I've been feeling the same way." He paused for effect, then simply said "Don't freak out". She laughed outright at this. She could not stop laughing and set down the coffee cup in case she spilled it. After a while, she looked him straight in the eyes.

"Are you for real?" His expression was unreadable. She searched his eyes then looked away, blushing at the intensity reflected in them. "Look, I have to go. Thanks for the coffee." She pulled out her chair, got up and walked out.

Ben sighed. She had reacted as he had expected. Although he felt deep down that she would come around and accept what was happening, he knew that it would take some time before she calmed down enough for him to progress. She was a little high strung and only when she was a little calmer would he be able to show her what he meant. She was still emotionally closed off to him, or anyone new for that matter. Her past experiences had shattered here ability to trust, save for the people she already did.

He got a little upset thinking about the man she had loved, the man who had hurt her, but knew that it had been necessary to deepen her capacity to handle him. To prepare her for the real deal. He paid the check and left, deciding that he would spend the rest of the day at Lyon's park which was close to his place. He would enjoy the sun and trees, then go home to journal and read. "Sounds like a plan, my man." He muttered to himself as he got onto his motorcycle. Igniting the engine, he revved it a few times before taking off for the park.

By Monday morning, after a roller coaster of emotions, Lily settled on curiosity. As much as she had tried to put the whole thing behind her, she had so many questions to ask Ben. Yes, it is possible for another person to sense and sometimes feel what another is feeling. This was common for those who actually paid attention to others. Maybe this is what he meant. Maybe he has caught me giving him the side eye a few times. That does not make him psychic. It makes him a crazy person who wants to mess with me. At that thought she rolled her eyes, but deep down she knew she had to face the fact that this was a little too familiar for it to not be real.

Resolving to not think about it any longer, she prepared for work tomorrow, setting out her outfit as she usually did, but making sure that it did not give any "come hither" vibes. She planned to tell Ben that she was flattered, that maybe there was something between them, but she would like them to respect the fact that they are co-workers and try to ignore the entire thing. That should put a stop to it. If he were a decent human being, he would agree with her. After finishing her toilet, she crept into bed and switched off her side lamp. Slowly her mind drifted to Ben. This time, she was standing by the office printer, watching him stalking towards her....

Chapter Two

Ben sighed in his sleep. She turned and faced him as he came round the corner. Standing by the printer making copies, she had somehow sensed his approach. As he came closer, she smiled at him shyly. His body startled tingling as he closed the gap between them before wrapping his arms around her waist and drawing her into him. Her hands went up against his chest. He reached for her chin and whispered, "Kiss me Lily." before lowering his head and taking her lips in a rather demanding kiss. She moaned softly into his mouth and he tightened his grip, deepening the kiss, toying with her until she could no longer stand. Just as he felt he was about to lose himself completely, he was jerked awake as she pushed against him with a "No!". Raising himself on his elbow, he ran a hand through his hair, his heartbeat slowly returning to normal. His skin was covered in a sheen of sweat, like the other times this had happened. He wasn't sure he could take any more of this torture. Tomorrow this would end, he resolved. Once and for all.

Chapter Three

By mid-afternoon the next day, Lily felt like she was once again back to square one. Except for a slight feeling of apprehension in the morning, she had felt confident that she would be able to carry the day off as planned. The moment Ben had stepped into the office, her plan went flying out the window. He had greeted everyone as he usually did, then when he sat down in her line of vision, he gave her such an intense look that sent her stomach crashing to the floor and she had avoided looking at him the entire day.

The few times that they had spoken, she had sensed such an intense heat radiating from him that she had to catch her breath at one time when she had unexpectedly stood up just as he was rounding the corner from the printer.

The day was almost over now. All she had to do was get through this staff meeting, last another half hour then head home. When it was time for the meeting to end, her boss gestured for quite made a startling announcement: "Lastly, I'm afraid I have some sad news everyone. Our dear Ben leaves for greener pastures today. Not only will he be missed by everyone here......" Her eyes shot to Ben's face. He was leaving?! I guess that explains why he wanted to meet with me yesterday. She did not hear anything else that was said the rest of the meeting. When it was finally over and everyone started drifting of, with a people going up to him for a quick chat, she slipped out the door and made a beeline for the ladies' room. Shutting herself in one of the cubicles, he put her head into her hands and started crying softly. All the pent-up frustration she had been feeling since he had come in this morning suddenly surfaced and she could not help but release it. I am losing it. Why do I feel so sad? I barely know him. A few minutes later, she splashed cold water on her face and gently dried it with a paper towel. She decided on taking a short walk to calm herself, then speak to her boss, plead a serious headache and go home.

When she finally got back into the office, Ben looked up expectantly at her and gave her a small weary smile. Was that concern or guilt in his eyes? After a brief chat with her boss, she came to her desk and started packing her things. He looked at her suspiciously while she shoved her laptop into its bag then walked over to him. He leaned back in his chair as she approached, not taking his eyes off her "I'm sorry, I must leave. However good luck with everything Ben. I wish you all the best." He nodded and said, "Thank you". She stood there awkwardly for a second, and he used that split second to stand and open his arms slightly for the hug. "This isn't over. You know that", he whispered into her ear. Her knees almost buckled but she looked up at him, gave him a small smile, turned and said goodbye to a few other people before making her way through the door. Watching her, Ben shook his head, suppressing his laughter. Ok, she was quite high strung. "Soon, Lily. Soon." Then he looked down at his laptop and finished the last of his prep.

Chapter Four

Candice stood in front of the mirror in Lily's bedroom studying her reflection. "But surely this means that you are now free to date him chick. I mean, you guys are no longer working together." Lily looked up from her bed and shot Candice a withering look, then groaned and let her head drop. "No, it means that I at least do not have to see him again. He is strange Candy. There is something off about him." Candice took another blouse from her shopping bag and held it against her chest, admiring her reflection once more. "You have been going on about him for 2 weeks. Now, suddenly he is strange?" she quizzed. She turned around and looked at her friend. "Talk to me Lily. Did something happen between you two? Is that why he's leaving?" Lily could not look at her. She buried her head in the covers and Candice instantly came to her and hugged her even as she lay flat on the bed. "Tell me Lily".

After a moment's hesitation, Lily raised herself from the bed and embraced her friend tightly. "Nothing happened. He reminds me of my ex Warren that's all. We had coffee the other day and it just came to me how much he is like him. It kinda freaked me out Candice." She pulled away a little "But there is nothing to worry about. I'm glad he is leaving. Means I don't have to deal with that everyday....... It's just sad that's all". Candice looked at her for a moment, then sighed. "Warren was the devil himself babe. If he is giving off those types of vibes, then I agree, it's best he leaves." She started packing up her new clothes before saying "Wanna grab a drink or something?" "Uh, no way. It's Tuesday and some of us have to work tomorrow. Besides, I want to take a nap." "Ok chick. Just don't think long and hard about Ben. Or Warren for that matter. I know you will but try not to." Said Candice, giving her a peck on the cheek.

After seeing Candice to the door, Lily made herself a sandwich. After playing with it for a few minutes, she resigned and put it in the fridge for later. Just as she was closing the door, the doorbell rang. Checking her wristwatch, she saw it was 7:30pm. Who it could be? She made her way to the door and was about to open it. "Who is it?" she asked. There was silence, and then she heard Ben's voice from the other side of the door. "It's me Lily". Her heart hammering in her chest, she withdrew her hands from the door handle and stepped away from it. "What...what do you want Ben?" He paused before answering. "You know the answer to that." She huddled against the wall next to the door and raised a hand to her brow. He knows where I live! I need to call the cops. This is not good." She turned into the lounge looking for her cell phone, when suddenly, she froze. An instant calm came over her. She stood looking over the room, trying to understand what had just happened. "I won't hurt you. If you need to call someone over, that's fine. However, we need to talk." Ben said. She turned, went to the door and opened it. He stepped into the room and looked straight into her eyes. Without breaking eye contact, he closed the door behind him and walked towards her. Taking her in his arms, he turned her face up to him just as she placed her hands against his chest to push him away and kissed her deeply.

Chapter Five

Her phone was ringing somewhere in the apartment. Groaning, she lifted the bed cover and tried to get out of bed, then felt Ben's arm tighten around her waist. "Don't get it". He murmured against her ear. "It might be someone from work checking up on me." She said as she pried his arm off her. Hurriedly putting on a big t shirt she stumbled into the lounge. As it turned out, it was her boss asking if she was feeling any better and if she would be in today. After promising to go to a doctor, she switched her phone off and went back to the bedroom. Ben was already sitting up when she came in. He smiled at her. "Feeling better today?" She blushed and nodded but could not take her eyes off him.

He held out his arms to her and she hesitated before coming into him. He pulled her into bed and nuzzled her neck, before inhaling deeply and kissing the spot. "We balance each other out Lily" he murmured lazily She giggled at the feeling of him nuzzling her throat. As thoughts of last night came flooding back to her, she felt a little embarrassed and tried sitting up. He instantly held her tighter. "I need to shower Ben." she protested. "Going somewhere?" he asked as his hand started travelling up towards her breast. She put her hand on top of it to halt its progress and he stopped, then released her and she got up.

He smiled up at her, "We have a lot of catching up to do Lily, and today is a good day for that. I have so much to tell you." He opened his arms out to her again. "And show you...." He added suggestively. She blushed deeply as an image from the previous night flashed through her mind, her bent over the couch in the lounge and Ben deep inside her, his hands holding her hips as he relentlessly fucked her.

She stood at the foot of the bed and looked down at him. "Maybe you could have started with that last night." She said accusingly. She suddenly felt angry at the way he had entered her apartment and not given her time to even think before he had started kissing her and had proceeded to make love to her for hours. "What happened last night?" she asked. He stood up, completely naked and started towards her. "No. Stop! Please." He stopped and chuckled "Can I at least make us coffee first?" holding up his arms disarmingly. He slipped into his jeans then went into the kitchen where, after making a small racket, he emerged with 2 cups. "Of course, I know how you like it" he chuckled with a wink before turning away when he saw the dazed look on her face.

"Can we do this in the lounge?" she said as she padded to the couched, then immediately regretted it. Sitting at one end with her back against the armrest facing him, she placed her mug on the table in front of the couch. He tentatively sat on the other end. How on earth did this even happen? she thought to herself. Watching him, she had to admit that he looked quite sexy sitting on her couch, wearing only a pair of jeans, with serious bed hair and one of her mugs in his hand. He looked up as if sensing her thoughts and smiled. "Last night was something I have dreamed about for a while now Lily. I am sorry that I was so forward, and things escalated as fast as they did." He took a sip of coffee. "I came here to talk only." He kept quiet, giving her time to say anything. She looked at him for a long time before asking "How do you know where I live?" He groaned a little, then rubbed his hands together. "Do you want the long version, or the short version?" His eyes had darkened a little and where almost glowing. She shrunk into the couch a little, watching him almost transform, but not really.

12