Gods and Crowbars Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I heard about it." Melina said. "Someone kicked the scope into the bastard's face, then killed him."

"Yes." said Laura. "Was that your doing? Killing the perp?"

"No, I didn't even know about it until it was all over." said Melina. "I was at a meeting of the Ladies Club at the time, too."

"I know." said Laura. "I checked up on you on that. So, did you have someone go kill that perp? Did you have anything at all to do with it?"

"No, Laura." Melina said. "I had nothing to do with any of it, neither the perp nor whoever busted him. I had no knowledge the attempt was going to happen. And I thought it was a Mob retaliation for Don running those State Lab samples, and for busting the Pine Valley project."

"That whole business of him getting shot in the back in the City was retaliation for the Pine Valley case." said Laura. "So... you recruited some Agents. One of them was codenamed 'Darkwave'. What happened to her?"

If Melina was shocked, she rolled with it quite well, Laura thought. Melina said "I'm not sure. She was part of my cell, my team, and then right around the time Don busted George Aurus, she disappeared."

"She went rogue." Laura said.

"I don't know." Melina said. "She was 'disavowed' by my cell's leader, but I'm not sure she did anything to deserve it. I'm not exactly trusting of him myself, these days."

"Why would she go rogue, or do anything to get herself disavowed?" Laura asked, looking hard at her younger sister. Love of blood did not necessarily top love of country at this moment.

"All I know," Melina said, "is that she sent me a note saying thanks for all I'd done for her, and that she'd never betray me. That was the last I heard of her. I think she's working with someone on the outside, not in the Company, but I'm not sure who that is."

"You should think more like the Iron Crowbar does." said Laura. "He is very aware of what is going on, and he is getting pissed off. I just have one more question for you, Agent 'Huntress'..."

Laura opened her desk drawer and took out a photo, a copy of the one that was on my whiteboards.

"Who is this man?" Laura asked. Melina sat back, reeling in shock as she recognized him...

To be continued.