Going Dancing

Story Info
A very naïve husband and his wife go dancing.
10.2k words
3.01
102k
176
22
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was William Peterson's turn to make dinner and he meticulously measured and laid out the ingredients on the kitchen counter. He was making meatloaf; he always made meatloaf. It was the only recipe he knew. Why learn another recipe when this one worked? And so twice a week, when it was his turn to cook, he made meatloaf; and there was always enough for him to have for lunch the next day too. William liked that; he liked predictability and routine. Some ventured so far as to call him boring, but he didn't mind, he believed in sticking with what worked.

He had just finished laying everything out, when the door opened and his wife Lilly walked in carrying a shopping bag from a store that William did not recognize. Well, she didn't so much walk in as bounced in. She was clearly excited and dropped her bag on the floor before running to him and giving him a big hug.

"Honey, I did it!" she said excitedly, "I got the promotion!"

William was surprised. Lilly had been up for a promotion at her office and though she had been working exceptionally hard for it, it hadn't looked like she was going to get it. It clearly meant a lot to her and also came with a sizeable increase in salary. They weren't exactly rich, though William's meticulous account keeping had ensured that they weren't short of the basic necessities. Lilly however had a taste for the finer things in life so the extra money coming in was very welcome.

"That's wonderful honey," he said smiling as he released himself from the hug, "Why don't you go upstairs and clean up, I'm making the meatloaf."

Lilly looked at him in surprise.

"Meatloaf?" It was more a statement than a question, "But you promised me we would go out dancing if I got the promotion."

She looked at him disappointedly. He hated to see her disappointed, and he had promised to take her dancing, but he had already started on dinner. He was about to start explaining this to her when she reached for the shopping bag she had bought in with her.

"I bought a new dress and everything," she said holding up the bag.

"A new dress?" William replied, "Honey you just got the job, you shouldn't be spending all your money already."

Lily's disappointment increased.

"I wanted to celebrate" she said, her face turning into a forlorn pout, "I thought you'd be more excited for me."

William looked at her and sighed. It was hard to argue with her when she was like this. She was an absolutely gorgeous creature with soft blonde curls, blue eyes like shining pools that made men want to throw their lives into it, and plump red lips now turned into a pout. It was hard for any man to deny her.

"OK," said William reluctantly, "go get changed, I'll put everything in the kitchen away."

"Thanks sweetheart," she graced him with a warm smile, gave him a quick peck on the cheek and scuttled off to their room before he had a chance to respond.

William went into the kitchen unhappily and began cleaning up and putting everything back. He wasn't excited about how this evening was turning out for a number of reasons:

It meant his preparation for dinner was wasted

It was a Thursday which meant he had to work tomorrow morning, and he liked to get a good eight hours of sleep before a workday.

He really hated dancing. He had never liked it, and, after injuring his back a few years ago carrying some boxes of files, he had a tendency to aggravate it with too much physical exertion.

Still he had promised her and he couldn't exactly back out now. He continued his work putting everything away and then went to the smaller bathroom to wash his face. He didn't bother getting changed, all his clothes were largely the same: plain button down shirts and plain slacks. He didn't differentiate between work clothing and casual clothing, there wasn't much point to him. He sat in the living room and checked his emails.

He was in the middle of sending an email when he heard the door to the bedroom open and turned to look as Lilly came out. His jaw dropped, the outfit she was wearing was scandalous. Her new dress was a small black number with thin straps and a plunging neckline that showed off a large amount of her quite ample cleavage and the hemline of the dress barely extended to mid thigh. Lilly was facing him, but William suspected if she turned around the dress would only barely cover her ass.

"What do you think?" Lilly asked smiling.

She did a little twirl to show him the dress from the back. It did cover her ass, though just barely, but when she twirled it lifted up giving him a glance at the white panties she wore underneath.

"Baby!.." William sputtered, "You- you ca- I can see your panties!"

Lilly turned to him, then looked down and frowned. She lifted up the front of her dress exposing her panties to him again.

"Yeah I know, but all my black ones are in the wash, but-" and she pressed the dress back against her panties, "I think the material of the dress is thick enough that you wouldn't be able to see the white through them."

"That's not what I meant," said William aghast, "I meant your dress is riding up when your twirl and you can see them then."

"Oh.." Lilly said, "I suppose I could take them off and go commando?"

"No!" it came out as a strangled squeal, "no, don't do that. Just wear a different dress. This one is too short."

"Oh but I bought these specially for tonight. I don't want to get changed again. I'm sure it will be fine, we'll just have to be careful."

William opened his mouth to argue but she was already walking to the door. He knew a lost argument when he saw one. He followed her out barely able to keep his eyes of her dress, which with every step almost tempted to expose her pert panty clad behind.

***

It was an almost hour long drive through traffic, into the city, to reach the club; one of the drawbacks of living in a less affluent and remote suburb. William and Lilly chatted through the drive and William began to calm down about the dress. It probably wouldn't be so bad. It was a crowded club, no body would really be paying much attention and most clubs were generally pretty dark so it wouldn't be too easy to see anyway. By the time they had reached the club, William had stopped worrying about the dress, though he was still not looking forward to dancing, he yearned to be back home alone getting all his work done and then going to bed. Alas, it was not to be. He pulled into the parking lot of the club and parked his car. Getting out he noticed that the club had a line of people waiting outside it. His heart sank further, it looked like it was going to be a long night.

Lilly too noticed the line with dismay, she however was not giving up just yet. She took William by the hand and led him to the front of the line. William noticed the men who they passed ogling her as she walked by, a lot of them stared at her ass. William moved to stand directly behind her to help shield his wife's bottom from their prying eyes. The entrance to the club was controlled by two large bouncers, men who looked like they could pick William up and throw him to the end of the parking lot just for a laugh. They positively towered over Lilly. She however seemed undaunted and walked up to them.

"Can I go in?" she asked.

The bouncer didn't even have the courtesy to pretend he wasn't staring at her cleavage.

"You on the list sweetheart?" he said to her breasts.

"Um.. no, but maybe you can let me in anyway?" Lilly replied sweetly.

William wondered if it was his imagination or if Lilly was leaning forward ever so slightly. The bouncer's eyes grew larger and he smirked to himself, still staring intently at her cleavage. William suddenly noticed that the hem of her dress was rising slightly, she was leaning forward! William was in a dilemma, he didn't know how to point out that she was leaning forward without drawing attention to it, and he didn't want to embarrass her, he was sure she would be mortified to know, that she was probably giving the pervert bouncer a perfect look down her dress while also simultaneously risking exposing her panties to the lined up crowd. He had to do something, and so he decided that it was better he just stood closer behind her and blocked her ass, the bouncer would still get an eyeful but at least it was just one person, and Lilly wouldn't be embarrassed because she didn't know.

The bouncer meanwhile nodded and unclasped the stanchion blocking the entrance.

"In you go," he said, still staring at Lily's cleavage.

"Aw thanks!" said Lilly smiling broadly, she grabbed William's hand and turned to the bouncer again, "he's with me."

The bouncer managed to tear his eyes away from Lilly and looked William up and down.

"No, he'll have to go in the line. One only, we're nearly full" he said firmly.

Lilly turned to William with a look of dismay.

"Oh dear," she said, and then holding her arms around herself said "honey would you mind if I went in by myself? Only it's really quite cold out here and I didn't think to bring a jacket."

William did mind being left outside, but it really was quite cold, and his wife was barely covered up. He also didn't want the men in the line to continue ogling her so he smiled and said "No of course honey, you go ahead, I'll be in before you know it."

She smiled broadly at him.

"Thanks sweetheart!" she said, and twirled around her panties appearing for a split second before heading into the club. William watched her disappear into the club and then turned around and trudged to the back of the line.

He had to wait half an hour to even make it to the front of the line and then another 15 minutes before the bouncer let him in. When he finally got in he looked around and saw that the club was pretty much what he had been expecting; loud music and very dim lighting. It wasn't as crowded as he thought it would be, he noted annoyed, the bouncer could have definitely let him in earlier. Still there was no use getting upset at what was in the past.

He looked around trying to spot his wife, she wasn't on the dance floor where he thought she'd be, so he decided to head over to the bar to look for her there. Sure enough she was there, talking to man. The man was tall and athletic, wearing a well fitting button down shirt with two buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up exposing his well-muscled forearms. They seemed to be making talking and laughing slightly, but suddenly William noticed with alarm that the man had moved his hand and was now resting it rather familiarly on his wife's hip.

William hurried over, Lilly noticed him and drew him into a hug.

"Honey, you made it!" she happily exclaimed.

William hugged her back, and then noticed the man she was talking to smiling at him. He suddenly felt very self-conscious, as if the man was weighing him up. William had to admit somewhat grudgingly that he would come out second in a contest of attractiveness between the two. The man looked very toned with an almost perfectly chiselled jawline, covered in a smattering of stubble that gave him a rugged look, and brown eyes that seemed to shine even in the light of the club. Lilly noticed William looking at the man and introduced him.

"Sweetheart this is Ian, we met a little while ago, he offered to dance with me because I told him you don't like dancing. Isn't that sweet?" she said, smiling warmly at Ian.

Ian reached out his hand grinning, "You must be William, pleasure to meet you there bud."

William reached out his hand and shook Ian's. Ian had a firm grip. So firm it began to hurt William's hand slightly. He withdrew his hand from the handshake weakly trying to look unaffected.

"It's OK honey, I don't mind dancing with you," he said valiantly.

Lilly laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You're so sweet babe, but that's OK, I know you don't like dancing, and it always aggravates your back. Besides weren't you telling me in the car about those emails you needed to send?"

All of this was true but William wasn't comfortable sending off his wife to dance with this handsome stranger. He wasn't sure how to say that without appearing churlish.

"That's true honey, but it feels strange to come out together and then not spend any time together," he finally said.

Before his wife could respond, Ian cut in.

"William is right, he can't just send his wife off with some strange man! I'll tell you what, why don't go to one of the tables in the corner," he said pointing to a less crowded part of the club, "That way, William can sit and look over his emails and there's enough space for us to dance near the table so William can be nearby too."

William blinked in surprise, he hadn't expected support from Ian. Perhaps he had misjudged him. Lilly too seemed amiable to this solution so Ian led the husband and wife to the table in the corner and William had a seat. He watched Ian and his wife dancing for a while, there seemed to be nothing untoward occurring and he allowed himself to relax slightly. He took out his phone and began to look over his emails.

This continued for a while when suddenly a more up-tempo song came on.

"Oh I love this song!" his wife exclaimed, starting to dance more vigorously. William looked up and was alarmed to see his wife's dress lifting up and down slightly with her movements occasionally showing off the bottom of her panties. He looked at Ian and sure enough, Ian seemed to be sneaking peeks too. William had to say something, but he didn't want to interrupt her favourite song. His wife now turned, with her back Ian and kept dancing. Her skirt rose again keeping her panty-clad ass almost permanently exposed. Ian was openly staring, William supposed he couldn't really blame him.

Finally the song ended and so William decided to speak to his wife. He felt a bit awkward doing it in front of Ian, so he tried to gesture to his wife to come closer so he could whisper it to her. She didn't seem to nice however and kept dancing, her panties peeking in and out of view. Finally William could bear it no longer and called out to her.

"Honey? Can I have a word for a moment?"

His wife looked at him, but didn't stop dancing, "What is it sweetie? Can't it wait?"

William was exasperated, and when he noticed Ian looking at him doubly so. Suddenly however Ian stopped her dancing.

"I think your husband is trying to point out that your dress is lifting when you dance, and exposing your panties," he said simply, "While I don't mind, you probably don't want some strange men seeing you like that."

Lilly looked thoughtful, while William blushed on her behalf.

"I don't suppose you could hold your dress down while you dance?" William asked his wife.

"Don't be silly, William," Ian answered for her, "She can't very well dance with her hands stuck by her sides can she?

"No I can't," Lilly agreed.

"Then I guess you'll have to stop dancing," said William.

Lilly looked disappointed before Ian cut in again.

"Now, now, let's not get drastic. What a shame to come all this way and then stop dancing so soon. I think you were on to something earlier William, she can't hold her dress down, but I can. And that way we can keep dancing." Saying this he moved up to Lilly and held her by the hips holding the dress secured to her.

"It's working," Lilly said happily, and then looking at William added, "good idea honey!"

To William this didn't feel like his idea at all, and he couldn't say he wanted someone holding his wife like that, but it seemed to at least be keeping her panties hidden so that was something. They danced like this for a while with Ian's hands on her hips, they seemed to be getting closer and closer with each dance, William was uncomfortable but didn't fell like he could say anything. It eventually became clear however that this wasn't a workable solution either. Ian's hands were moving slightly up her body with each dance and with them Lily's dress rose also, gradually once more exposing her panties tot he club. William watched for a while, hoping Lilly would say something, but she seemed ignorant of the problem. Luckily, Ian did notice and after the next dance he pointed it out.

"Well," he said, "it looks like this isn't quite working the way we thought it would. The problem is the curve of Lily's hips, though lovely, naturally drive my hands up."

"Yes," William nodded quickly in agreement, "this isn't working."

"Luckily," Ian continued, "I have a solution. If I hold onto Lily's butt, that should keep things in place, and her bum is so lovely and plump I don't think my hand will slide off easily."

"Oh, great idea Ian!" Lilly said and stepped closer to him. Ian reached out and put one hand on each of her ass cheeks, squeezing them gently.

William was aghast.

"Look.." he said shakily, "I'm not sure this is appropriate"

"Oh don't worry William," Ian said placatingly, "There's nothing to worry about, this isn't sexual in the slightest, I'm just keeping your wife's dress in place. We don't want her panties exposed to the whole club do we?"

William shook his head glumly. Ian was right, this was the most sensible way forward.

They resumed dancing, much slower now, with Lily's hands around Ian's neck and his hands, groping her ass. Eventually Ian's hands began roaming slightly, moving around Lily's ass he stepped up his groping. William tried to justify it in his mind as Ian just trying to get a comfortable grip. This movement however eventually caused her dress to rise up once more.

"Ian," William said plaintively, "Ian, the dress!"

Ian leaned forward to look over Lily's shoulder.

"Oh dear, you're right, this doesn't seem to be working either does it? I think it's the material of the dress, I can't seem to get a good grip," Ian said, shaking his head.

"I have a better solution," he said at last, before slipping his hand under her dress, grabbing her ass with just her panties in the way.

"Ian, what are you doing?!" William asked in horror.

"Relax Billy, can I call you Billy? How is this any different to what I was doing before, there's still a layer of fabric between me and your wife's butt, can you really tell me there's a difference between it being dress fabric or the fabric of her panties? Of course not. And this way if her dress rides up, no one will see her panties because my hands are in the way."

William felt there was a big difference between holding his wife's ass through her dress and holding his wife's ass in her panties but was unable to articulate it. He also didn't like being called Billy, it made him feel like a child, but under the circumstances that wasn't his most pressing concern. He struggled to think of what to say but unable to come up with anything, just stared in silent dissatisfaction. Lilly for her part didn't seem to mind at all. She had her head pressed against Ian's chest, with her eyes closed and a slight smile on her face, gently swaying to the music.

William could do nothing but watch as they kept dancing locked in a an embrace. Their dancing was less energetic now, but even still, Lily's dress rose occasionally, William saw that Ian was right, his hands blocked most of her panties from view, still the sight of another man's hands on his wife's ass wasn't the most pleasant so William decided to go back to his emails. This distracted him for a while, but curiosity got the better of him and he looked up again in time to see Lily's dress rise up once more. This time however, William was shocked to see that his wife's panties had been pushed into her ass crack and Ian was now kneading her bare ass! William wanted to get up and object, but he felt Ian was sure to have a reasonable explanation. Technically there was less of her panties on display, and his hands still covered her ass from display. William said nothing, he didn't want to interrupt their dancing again and seem like a spoilsport complaining about everything.