All Comments on 'Going with the Gut'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An interesting twist

i definitely didn't see it coming. the story was definitely well written.

maybe i'm over-thinking it or seeing something that isn't there but given your foreword on this and the sheer volume of your writing, maybe you need a break?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I enjoyed the story, but there was one problem with it.

As a retired transport refrigeration/auto a/c mechanic, I can state unequivocally that flammablility is one of the first tests that are done on any refrigerant, and if it will burn, it is illegal to use it as a refrigerant in any vehicle a/c or refrigeration system.

In fact, my favorite leak detector is a halide torch. A halide torch uses a propane flame that is passed through a copper element. With no refrigerant present, the flame is blue in color, a little freon changes the color to green, but a lot of freon present changes it to purple before the freon extinguishes the flame.

In fact, propane behaves exactly like R-12. Some unscrupulous mechanics would charge a/c systems in cars with propane instead of R-12 when taxes on R-12 sent the price from $2.00 per # to $30.00 per #. The problem is that a car with an a/c system charged with propane is a bomb in the event of an accident!

In short the freon in an a/c system in a car may put out poisonous gases in the event of an accident that causes a freon leak and fire, but the freon will tend to put the fire out, not start a fire.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well it's fiction I suppose.

So we will have to take the flammable aircon gas as just that.

Air (hot) .... con.

Unless you could show that the evil sister had re gassed the cars aircon with LPG.

Now there's a a good who dunnit plot for you.

Anyways a good yarn yet again.

Keep dreaming/writing about being a young buck,

It's good for the soul.

Bleatings from WA.

Cheers

KidCreoleKidCreoleover 3 years ago
Some missing time

It seems as I reached the conclusion of the story, that a lot of time had passed between the “assault” and the arrest. However, the story progression did not give that impression. It seemed like it was just 2-3 days. However, the investigation into her past, the finding and interviewing of the new lover, and the accident investigation clearly would have taken more time. That explains the deep feelings he developed in what I thought was such a short period of time.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

So the husband was partially correct. She jumped into bed with a bloke before her body had a chance to cool.

Her actions were totally unrealistic after finding her husband tried to kill.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

story TAGS