All Comments on 'Golden Years Pt. 01'

by R410a

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
DrizdartDrizdartalmost 5 years ago
Delightful, real people.

I enjoyed reading this a great deal ...

funny they still haven't gotten around to using the trick with the string and getting the ring off.

Looking forward to more of the story, hoping it goes on for several more chapters.

Paxo1944Paxo1944almost 5 years ago
Brilliant Story

I really enjoyed reading this episode, I am looking forward to reading more about Patrice and Brian. Would it be possible for Patrice to have prosthetic legs?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This is a great story, it has feeling for our honored heroes. They give their all for our freedom and country. Please keep writing this wonderful story.

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyed the story..l

As an old guy, I want to relate...

Richie4110Richie4110almost 5 years ago
Wonderful and inspirational

Well developed and entertaining read.

Thank you.

jtukeejtukeealmost 5 years ago
Well done

I thoroughly enjoyed the story and can't wait for the next episode

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A lovely beginning to this story

Well done! The beginning of a very lovely love story! Thank you!

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 4 years ago
5☆☆☆☆☆

This story touched on all levels for me. As a matter I came back just to leave my message.

Kitist02Kitist02almost 4 years ago

I wrote this once and managed to drop it before I saved and posted it so I'll start over. As the I Ching says, "Perseverance furthers", and without it we would get nothing done of any value. So, as I initially wrote:

Writing from the vantage point of being older than some dirt and being an "otherly abled" veteran, I can appreciate the work you put in to create her survivor's attitude and willingness to let him into her life. Building his persona as a gentleman by using his backstory to establish how he approached his life was well done.

I'm sure in the future we will see writing that will include wounded warriors (of both genders) as we seem to be unable to stay out of situations where angry people tend to take their anger out on the US service personnel who are really there to try to help. (For the most part, anyway. The military has its' share of self-serving idiots.)

I especially admire the way you wrote in the pizza place's owner's attempt to assuage Brian's pique at Jacki's cavalier treatment of his feelings thereby setting up the transition to a new relationship.

I felt that having Patrice move herself in on Brian so abruptly was rushing things a bit. (I know, it's your story and if I don't care for the pace I should just write my own story.)

I'm looking forward to reading the next two installments. I enjoy how you develop your stories. They are clear enough that I, as a reader, don't feel like I have to analyze everything to decide what's going on. Another point about your writing I enjoy is that you rarely "telegraph" what's going to happen. You do good work.

BravoZero44BravoZero44about 3 years ago

Very good read, interesting background and entertaining build up, many thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Engaging, for sure. Good writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userR410a@R410a
Thanks to all who follow and read my stories.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES