All Comments on 'Gone Fishin'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago
Holy Crap

I love it when a plan comes together!

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 4 years ago

I for one enjoyed the Renaissance Faire.

My questions revolve around this.

Poor Samantha. I'll bet she wishes you were with him. Dell’s wife.

Also, that was a great idea Samantha had to fake the CT scan and make Rosie think I had cancer. Again Dell’s wife.

Maybe I'll send you and Liz to Cancun for your anniversary as a thank you for your help. I'm surprised, she's so interested in the beach with her fair skin. So who is Liz?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

Fun piece of cat and mouse. Rosie is a comically heartless caricature. I always enjoy stories in which a sophisticate underestimates a yokel. Thanks *****

Buck1974Buck1974about 4 years ago
Nice

Really good read well worth reading again.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 4 years ago

that should have lost it all.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
That was fun.

It's always good to begin the day with a laugh!

moreandmoremoreandmoreabout 4 years ago
Short and sweet 5*

Thank you for posting, and a tip of my cap for the shout out.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"He didn't know it, but he was already too late for that." - How could he not know that? They just told him his wife "should be receiving her own envelope with pictures and video of your performance last night any minute now."

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Now

Now that was funny, I don't care who you are. Great little story.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Minnesota

Snow, Minnesota, husband lost while ice fishing starts us out. Nasty cheating wife, tube cops, and a little mystery, and I'm thinking Season 3 of tv Fargo. Ended up that way too and funny as anything I've read recently. You done good with this one.

kJF8I7khKkJF8I7khKabout 4 years ago
cheating is cheating

the fact she was "deceived" doesn't change a damn thing regarding the postnup.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Wonderful yarn!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this short, sweet story!!! I love BTB stories. Not just physical, but monetarily burning her cheating ass!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Fun! 5*****

Too bad they aren't always as easy as that. Well done and lots of fun.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Nice indeed.

She got what she deserved. The author wrote one of those stories that you want more of. Thanks for sharing.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 4 years ago

Loved it,Thank you!

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredover 3 years ago
Sweet!

Quick and to the point!! And she got exactly what she deserved, especially when her narcissistic self image was trashed. Loved it.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Love

Loved it,nice to see her get some pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. Karma worked overtime in her case. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

fun!...

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

made me laugh with no blood loss 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well done. laughed my ass off.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 2 years ago
Thanks

...for a fun fishing story. Good basic plot that should have fit the 750 word target.

"Brevity isn't my strength (obviously)." I agree.

A quote attributed to Ben Franklin as the opening sentence in a letter: "My apologies for a long letter. I did not have time to write a short one." ---- Think on that for a minute or two.

Keep 'em comin'.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 1 year ago

Well at least for Rosie's sake she still has half of her assets, no husband and her wage as a doctor. Also, it may be that when she had to leave town to find work she picked somewhere that it doesn't snow.

Karma could've kicked her harder.

0ldfart0ldfartover 1 year ago

This is a good read, simply an enjoyable yarn. Refreshing in its brevity, while saying all that needs to be said. For me, the only thing keeping it from 5 stars is that I reckon it would be better if it were longer, with more opportunities to flesh out the characters. That is, of course, on me though.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nope!

mariverzmariverz11 months ago

te quedo muy demasiado corto

fuera de eso, divertido de leer

gracias autor!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hahaha Yes Loved It

TommywinklesTommywinkles3 months ago

Made me smile, Thank you.

Helen1899Helen18993 months ago

Good, fun story 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

SIMILAR Stories