All Comments on 'Gonna Sell The Bitch's Car Ch. 03'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
DrPlutonDrPlutonalmost 12 years ago
Amazing!

I wasn't too enamored of the first two installments, but this one actually worked well. I felt like I wanted to care about the characters, and the section with Kara was pretty depressing. Keep writing!

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlalmost 12 years ago
Great story but

it feels more like a Loving Wives story. Can't wait for the rest.

cali

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
loving wives

cant relly agree with cali's comment about it being loving wives sammi isnt his wife and a person like that cannot really love her partner Moira isnt his wife [yet] hint hint there would never be a dull moment with a colleen with red hair never the less I am enjoying the story very much will be looking forward to more soon regards

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
BABY YOU CAN DRIVE MY CAR

but take heed about changing partners. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
This Story Should be a Disaster - It Does Not Respect " The Rules " of Storytelling !

Yet this is a captivating read, but don't ask me exactly why. Qhml1 starts outs out in present tense, then reverts to past & repeatedly switches time frames back & forth like a kid who can't decide what flavor of sundae to get on a 89 degree day.

The saving grace is the narrator is muy' simpatico . Good thing too because he is such a sap for any & all pretty birds with a sprained wing. Hope he learns his lesson by end of this very engaging serial.

As a novice guitarist , I cop to loving the muscianspeak as well. Not even a little drug dabbling post gigs, really ? Surrrrre.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this from the get/go & must say it was very inconsiderate of your nearest & dearest to hold this up. Glad to hear , things have calmed down. My gratitude goes out for this story but try to pick a tense & stIck with it for a couple hundred words. Geeze, this was hopping back & forth in time , like that old show ' Quantum Leap' !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I absolutely love the story and your writing please keep wrting. Its Duane who played guitar, Greg played keyboard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
your story was in deep shit

until i read that the dog ate your homework. will read it now and get back with a rating. i can understand the dog doing that shit.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
Damn it sucks to be him

can you get anymore people people to shit on this dude? when are you going to turn him into a complete wimp or give him a set of balls?

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
forgot to mention

still gave u a 4.5 - ok that is a 5 on the 1-5 scale. a little slow in the begining.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
This felt a little flat.

Firstly good to have you back and I hope everything's ok at home. The problem ive got with this story at the moment is that Wiley doesn't appear to actual love Sammi at all therefore who cares if she's cheating on him. It pretty obvious that he'd rather be with Moria he spends most of his spare time with her, he goes on trips with her and is able to share the many parts of his life with her.

This chapter seemed to be a "this is your life" edition with a little bit of Wiley/Sammi put in as an afterthought, the scene with Wiley finding the voice recording of Sammi's cheating and explanation of her dastardly plan to get half his money seemed forced to say the least.

Again I do like your writting and as always this was very well written but the fact that Wiley only really moved Sammi into his flat so he'd have a willing partner whenever he wants sex.

TechRaiderTechRaideralmost 12 years ago
good start...

you said there will be another three chapters, i hope they are as good or better than these. sounds like your on the right track so far. nice and kind but a real SOB (and he is) if you cross him. with your mom having an affair and being dumb enough to get pregnant by this dillhole. she is definately a first class bitch. i hope he doesnt get screwed over anymore than already lets just get some back pay and maybe some payback. lol. from the recording sounds like sammi has been using his money to buy gary some stuff every now and then.

anyway, i thought it was a nice story. please get the rest finished soon but dont rush, it shows up in the writing. thanks for sharing and keep them coming!

KirkelKirkelalmost 12 years ago
1st two chapters had nothing on this one

This chapter is the story! Well the beginning of the story, as the 1st two chapters could be called a bit of background and this chapter is where the meat of it all begins.

Your telling of the wedding at 12 and 14 had me in tears. Naming his mom, working up to his talent and knowledge in the music world and culminating, in this chapter, into 1/2 Irish...it's all gold! There's the cheating Sammi. That nails it in the LV category for me.

This one should have had its own title because the whole story starts anew.

I got to this chapter late and am really glad I saw it as, in my opinion, it stacks up there with the best of what writers bring here.

Can't wait for the next one, bring it on!

Rob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
WHEN WILL CHAPTER 4 BE WRITTEN

WHEN CAN WE EXPECT CHAPTER 4 BE WRITTEN. LOOKING FORWARD TO READING IT.

qhml1qhml1almost 12 years agoAuthor
Gonna Sell The Bitch's Car 4

Chapter four has been submitted, and barring any difficulties should post Saturday or Sunday. Thanks for reading.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Ouch, somehow I knew that Sammi was going to be a heart breaker in this story, so it will be fun to read about her downfall. With that said, looking forward to the next chapter with anticipation. The segment with Kara was a real tear jerker and not ashamed to say that you got my eyes leaking, well written to say the least.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
great story

you got me going i cant wait for the next chapter.. it started slow but whow you really got this story going. great writing ,definetly different than most stories on liter.

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Thanks***

For the long well written story, but very confusing story where was the romance??????

mallahmallahalmost 12 years ago
he man

Here I thought as I tried to read this chapter again for the third time. I will not cry, I will not weep, I will not sob... I can do this...because I am a Man! LOL...I did not make it, the story still packs an emotional jab even now. I am not ashamed and anyone who rags about is someone who has never loved. Never lost someone they loved this much. Has no idea and will never find a love so pure. Some say it will never happen or that it is a fairy tale well to those I say... Fuck You! Here's to qmhl1, may all of your future stories be as well written and emotionally powerful...Thank YOU!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Well,sell the fucking car and go away !

This bores me to tears already.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Very good but way too long and too much getting side tracked! Stick to the point of the story as I almost quit reading a couple of times.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 11 years ago
Nice

Excellent writing I really felt like I was there and lived it. I first got a little annoyed when you side tracked but I found myself really getting in to it. I've been to a lot of those types of festivals (who hasn't ) so it wasn't much of a stretch to find myself right back there. And Dude, what you did with Moira's character had me falling in love with her. You can pretty much tell where this is going but you know what? Who cares, it doesn't matter, I'm really looking forward to reading the next chapter when I can find the time. Nice work! Thank you

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Yep - you do good work -

We feel the emotions - playing, talking or fucking people over - it all feels real.

He is not the right guy to fuck over - he is simple in the head (so far anyway) and sees justice as a simple concept. He also has a streak that few were shown that will wreak havoc - let's see what happens next.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
A Little Misty

I know it's just a story, but the bit with Kara almost wiped me out.

Funny, I thought Sammi was going to see the paper and go ape shit - I had wondered about the recorders earlier, wondered if it would catch some dirt, guess I was on the right track!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fuckin' 'Ell!

That was one of the most powerful chapters of anything I've ever read on Lit. Wow. Just Wow. Thank you for your efforts "Q".

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
HE WAS WARNED AND THEN RE-HEATED

and still the leftovers fail to make sense. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
your intro was a forshadowing of a shift in the characters

I may be reading more into it than intended, but it seems, since the emotional feel of the story shifted so much from the earlier chapters, that your time with family members in hospital influenced your writing. for the better. I am sorry you had to experience so many health and other family issues, but hopefully that phase is over for you and yours. and maybe, writing these stories can provide a cathartic experience from which you, and we readers, can benefit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You bastard!

I've wept in places on various stories here and there, but that little story about Kara had me crying like a baby. You know you've done it right when you can get a reader to react like that. Well fucking done!

VisualPerv

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The Kara segment kicked my ass

But all the Woodstock guitar technology was a waste of space. Are you used to being paid by the word? Great series, time to move it along.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Disagree With the Majority

Looks like I'm in the minority. I have no use for this story. The author takes too long to give the background for the present situation. I thought this story would come together by now, but no such luck. So far it's about some super stud's fuckathon. Time to end the misery. I'm finished with this series.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
I cried and I tapped my foot...

Kara's story is, shocker, the source of my sniffles - just something in my eye mind you.

Government Mule? who the... *google is my friend* huh... looks interesting... *youtube is my friend too!* Oh... Cool! Thank You Very Much for the intro!

My toe tapping was half due to the music and half due to the songs you ran through at the festival - all tunes I know well ;)

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Inability of Some Readers to Finish a Great Story

I don't understand how some people can't read 10 or 20 pages of a great story. I can only assume that those readers are on the lower side of the IQ bell curve (i.e., less than 100 IQ). They are unable to follow the story.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 8 years ago
Dang it man, warn a fella

Ok look. I know you are a really good writer and you tell interesting and complex stories. Heck, that's why I read your stuff. But if you are going to write about kids dying you have to warn me in advance.

I'm a big tough lad and crying like a baby ruins my reputation. I'm going to let it slide just this once and still give you a five out of five. But you've been warned, buddy.

Cheers Steve

shadowjack17shadowjack17about 8 years ago
Only a "5"

Because that is as far as the scale goes up to. Best. Story. Ever. Just saying. And I comment a LOT on stories here, usually defending writers who are feeling their way through things and vehemently defending anyone from the South against the evil Yankee Menace (okay, willing to give Stang a bit of pass because of AlleyKat and he's really good, but...)

Not for the Moira bit, although that's my aunt's name and she still lives in Galway. All and every last bit of it for Kara's song. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Gregg Allman on slide guitar??

Pretty sure Duane was the master of slide!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
I've read this story before...

And when I saw the name Kara, it was like hitting ice as you approach a stop sign, know you can't stop, and see the pain coming...

I cried through the whole portion about his marriage...

I should hate you for that but I definitely love your writing...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Back Story

While I enjoyed the back story, especially the Dotty/Mom and Kara bits, they had nothing to do with the Wiley/Sammi story.

DrizdartDrizdartabout 7 years ago
Back story is the best

The family dynamic and Kara's story are wonderful, moving, touching moments. I wonder if you could expand the Kara relationship into a full-blown romance ... seems like it would hit on a number of levels and draw an audience.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
So many fragments in a single chapter

Kara's Song could (should?) be a standalone of its own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
segmentation fault

The first part of the story was emotional and well done... The last half I had to skip a lot because of boredom.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
I love it...

Always a 5 for the Q. I love the way you write and the stories you think up. Pay no mind to all the "professional" writers who list everything you're doing wrong. LOL

Stephen King said something, I disremember exactly where, but maybe in that book "Danse Macabre". Anyway, he talked about a bad grade he received in a college writing class. The professor had scribbled a note on it about how it read like a commercial piece, the type of story the masses might enjoy. He meant it as an insult, but King did a lot of thinking on it and decided he was fine with writing stories that appealed to the "common man"... and the rest is history.

Your stories are enjoyable, fun to read, surprisingly emotional, and have believable characters. If people enjoy and look forward to your stories - you're doing it right. Well done. Thanks for posting.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Part

about when they were fourteen and twelve ripped my heart out.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 5 years ago
Had me in tears. 5 Stars

The 'wedding' reduced me to tears I found it gut wrenching. I lost my eldest sister to breast cancer I still miss her every single day. I was impressed with the dignity that you expressed as you wrote that scene. It's something that is difficult to encapsulate but in my opinion you succeeded in that. The story itself is a slow burner not something I usually have a lot of patience with. Well not exactly true I have the patience just not the time but again thank you for an enjoyable story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Duane, not Greg

Allman played slide/co-lead guitar for the Allman Brothers Band (also was prominently featured with Eric Clapton on the Derek and the Dominoes collaboration album). Greg played the B3 and provided most of the lead vocals. I

First part of this chapter was especially moving.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
One of my favorite stories on Lit

Young Wiley and the hospital parts are both heartbreaking and awesome. You have to love his character in this whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Perfect story

This is my all time favorite story on the whole site. What a great writer!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I am bawling. I am alone in my hotel room on a business trip

I know laugh. I am reading literotica.com, specifically loving wives as a loving wife on a business trip. The irony is not lost on me. Anyway, I have found that I love your works. This one is nice but jesus christ what you had him do for that girl. I can't stop crying. My cousin had leukemia when he was 8. He is about 8 years younger than me and I was so scared he would die. I was a 16 year old girl with teenage bullshit and my family is all so close. He beat it and is now a dad but I look back and am ashamed I didnt do more to be there. We are all so very close in my family.

Ugh, you fucking slayed me Q. I am all alone in my hotel room and all I want to do is hold my family. You are something.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Dang!!!

I would play the recording for Moira and let her know I was available. I love fiery HOT Red Heads!!!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 3 years ago

Well, that's a bit of a nasty end to this beautiful chapter. But of course, I saw it coming and taking to story's title into account, you don't have to be a genius to see it coming. What a narrative, you're a born storyteller. Five stars.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

great story continues and time to pay the piper and mess with a cheater/gold digger, I can't wait! keep writin'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

incredible! some of your writing is in a class all by itself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Some of the most beautiful writing I've ever read

I'm mostly disabled and sit on a couch all day. I've discovered the Romance section and have read hundreds of them, sorting by how many comments.

The 23 day marriage story is heartbreaking and beautiful, so beautiful. I had to walk away from it 4 times because if I didn't I would have been sobbing. I'm a 58 year old man, a fairly stoic one. That story just got to me.

I don't know what history you have had that lets you write something like that, I suspect you've seen people like Kara personally. I'm sorry for your pain, but holy moly, you have channeled that into some incredible writing.

MiciaGurlMiciaGurlabout 3 years ago

You can see where the romance is heading but the back story of Wiley's younger years, his experience of those close to him dying, and yet he still has the bravery and emotional heartbreak of his wedding... wow!

Can't wait to read the next chapter.

Thank you so, so much for sharing your talent with words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow, gave this a 5, if there had been a choice of 10 or 100 it still would not be enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good up through ch 7, but where's the rest of the story hidden? Not listed under the same title. I hate writers that don't - won't - can't finish the story, nor explain why?

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Holy hammers! This is fantastic and I stupidly overlooked it until now.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

The sheer DISRESPECT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love your writing Q, especially when it reminds me of the "good old days". It has been a long time since I thought about Buster Poindexter, I gave my New York Dolls LP to my daughter! Thank you not only for your tales but also for the memories! Pretty sure this is my third time down this path!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, I can't believe how good this story is. In tears, and then enraged in turn. One of the strongest stories I've ever read. A tour-de-force. So real, so believable. I'm just in awe. Thank you so much for this gift Q.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Besides very well constructed tales many of your 'extras' add to the attraction. Reading has been a life long passion for me but a very close second is music. This story of course has both, other tales are placed in areas where I have lived and enjoyed (Alabama/ the south) so added with an amazing writing - your story catalog is where I seem to spend a lot of my time. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This MC is a stupid wimp, the fiance a slut and he was too stupid to see it!!

And Moira is a pathetic spoilt whore, another version of Sandy and Sammi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Still a great story, and I think this makes three times I’ve read it. I had to laugh at the Buster Poindexter reference. I happened to see a short clip from the video he did for his “Hot Hot Hot” song recently, and I was amazed. Hard to believe the guy in that video really fronted the New York Dolls. But the song is kinda catchy. Anyway, thanks again for the story Q. I look forward to the next chapter.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

entertaining as all your stories are. 7 pages of B.S. just setting the stage for another BTB and possible Moria hook up. Too long for my taste but I have to finish this.

Fgreen79029Fgreen79029almost 2 years ago

First off, I hate the Loving Wives category. But this is the third time I've read this. I get teared up reading the part about Kara, and I play guitar so enjoyment of most of this background stuff goes without saying. I've read others by you, but even when you craft a story as well as you do, it's still cringe inducing for me to spend that time dwelling on the subject. Yeah, I learned the hard way, and don't even enjoy the most vague recollection of the pain. Gotta hand it to you though, you sneak enough insight and humor into it to make me keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In my review of the previous chapter, I mentioned the need for some steam to spice up the story, real steam. Well, I think you did it, especially with Zara. Now I am looking forward to the revenge portion against Sammi.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mr so bloody goody 2 shoes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He has so much bad luck poor fella

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You made her a cheating bitch too. I really don’t see any reason for her to cheat, but it happened.

Now I’ll wait to read how he handles it & if he & Moria hook up.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

BURN THE BITCH AND HER BOSS

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

BURN SAMMI AND GARY

GreWulfGreWulf9 months ago

If a guy is going to be up with the play with vintage guitars.

!957 Fender Esquire

1982 on. Squier by Fender. Fender's budget brand.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Seriously??? This episode should have come with a health warning. I snotted myself stupid over the Kara backstop. And yes I'm a big bloke as well 😉Wileys story is emotional enough. This is developing to be absolutely superb and enjoying this hugely. So looking forward to the next parts. I must admit I'm hoping Gary and Sammi both have a ton of crap drop on them they are slimier then a slimy thing, I'm so angry with her especially. Thank you for a stellar series so far. BardnotBard.

Helen1899Helen18996 months ago

For goodness sake stop nit. picking over guitars, who gives a f***. I really am enjoying the story.

5 *

Old_LionOld_Lion5 months ago

I don't know if it still counts as a Ford, but Iny my younger days I had a couple of those really well made Shelby Cobra Sportsters - Dark ford blue with white stripes. heavily reinforced roll bars, wide wheelbase, and a streetlegal 351 Windsor tarted up for performance and perfection!!! Almost as good as riding a bike ripping it at close to 200 mph on country roads. ..OFMG!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

[She was buried in her wedding dress with a picture of our wedding kiss in her hands, wearing her ring. I slipped a cassette of Kara's Song into the casket. I still visit her, on our anniversary when possible.]

====> Damn. Got something in my eye. Wow sos sad but an amazing vignette in this story. Really helped build out Wiley's character in this chapter. Honestly he lacked depth in the first two. So both Sandy and Sammi are cheating sluts. Suspect Sandy just hooked up.again with an old flame when she went back home. Wtf was up with Sammi? Meh. No point. Her own words to Gary convicted her summarily.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You 'cranked' the story up with this chapter! Enjoy the music references also Q. While I like 'She Talks to Angels' I'm thinking 'Could I have Been So Blind' fits Wiley better! My last five days have been spent rereading your tales - thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really loved this chapter, and yes, I did get something in my eyes too during Kara's back story. I had a feeling "slick Gary" was tapping Sammie, I guess we'll find out what sort of payback they'll get in the next chapter or 2. I'm loving this story, and following it. Thanks for sharing it with us. And yes, being stuck in the hospital is boring as hell. BTDT as a patient. Didn't care for it either.

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

This chapter was lots of fun. Really good writing. The ending was good too.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 months ago

Great instalment, loved the gentle build up then the last few paras.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Really enjoyed this part, but please Moira or Moria, pick one and stick with it!!

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

I got to the part where the woman slapped him, and quit the story. Would you write a story where a man walked up, and hit a woman without cause, and walked away without consequence? Why not? Right and wrong are absolutes. Whether it’s okay to attack someone isn’t determined by sex, or size.

/

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8989 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS