All Comments on 'Good Guys Don't Date Bad Boys Ch. 02'

by laurasfox

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story keeps on getting more tantalizing! I'm hoping its more of a slow burn so it has more of an effect when they finally get together, but either way, great chapter 👍

BlowPopJBlowPopJover 2 years ago

Aww Maddox found his one exception. I'm excited about where this is going.

readerfeederreaderfeederover 2 years ago

one thing that bothers me - it doesn't make sense that the entire student population would care enough about a minor altercation between Maddox & Jonathan enough to ostracize him ... why would it warrant any attention? they exchanged a few heated words while waiting in a line, hardly gossip fodder! especially considering how most college campuses have 5-10,000+ students, I have trouble believing such a non-event would register enough actually to affect Jonathan's social life.

Aside from that, intrigued by the story so far ... very curious about Jonathan's past and what made him leave his old college.

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 2 years ago

Am totally loving this exchange, slow burn, frustration , damn as usual your storytelling and skill is awesome.

Would love to hear more about Jonathan’s past please.

carmelcookeecarmelcookeeover 2 years ago

i need more. hooked.com.... PERIOD!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Looking forward to Maddox and Jonathan getting together -- maybe even stripping each other of their clothes -- and Jonathan seeing Maddox's hairy chest and abs. That would be exciting! I easily imagine Maddox as one very sexy young man!

bienclarbienclarover 2 years ago

Despite your protestations, Jonathan's robotic inner monologue has been dialled back significantly — thank you. Presumably the twist will be that Jonathan's past makes him the real "bad boy", so this change should make that a lot more believable. I want to preface the rest of my feedback by saying I really respect your responsiveness to comments. I also really enjoyed Box-shaped Heart so I know you're a good writer. This new series just seems a bit shaky.

Other people have commented on the 'ocstracisation' subplot, so I don't need to. Even if I suspend my disbelief over that, I don't think there's been a proper explanation for how Maddox became popular other than just being attractive, so the BMOC status you've given him feels unearned — particularly when he goes around bothering random people in public and demanding they compliment him.

This chapter was also uncharacteristically sloppy in terms of proofreading – not typos, but missing words, or repeated words. E.g. "Yet, the more he looked at Jonathan Hamilton from up close, the less sense the images in his head made any sense." I'll repeat that this is unusual from you — I hope you don't feel pressured to rush your process. Take the time you need to write something you're proud of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Totally agree with BlowPopJ

Please keep writing, I’m really intrigued. This is easily one of the most promising stories I’ve read on here in a while, and I enjoy your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

weird ass fantasies or weird, ASS fantasies?

sm1982sm1982over 2 years ago

I chuckle @ bienclar’s mention of BMOC. While the author uses the acronym in the one line summary of the story arc and sprinkles it here and there, we mainly see the term used by Ray because of their college gossip paper. I don’t believe he is truly a bad boy but genuinely a good guy (I’ve dated enough to know this is possible). And while we don’t know why he’s nicknamed Mad Dawg yet, I wouldn’t be surprised if that isn’t for fighting cuz he was confused when Jonathan called him one.

I love the protagonist/antagonist so far and can’t wait to read what happened to make Jonathan leave his last college and if Maddox will heal his broken heart.

bpr6205bpr620511 months ago

At this point it is clear, these two smart guys are so into each other but have yet to realize on a conscious level. This is why rereading a great story which I have often done is better on the second read. You see a good story stands on its writing and knowing what is going to happen adds to it it does not detract. By the way I am not giving anything away. It's their reaction to each other that tells us readers they are attracted to each other.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlaurasfox@laurasfox
I have a Patreon account where I publish all my new stories and chapters first: https://www.patreon.com/laurasfox