Good Neighbors Ch. 119

Story Info
Leo sees his therapist.
1.2k words
4.9
2.3k
00

Part 120 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

(Hello, Reader. This chapter has no sexual things in it. This one deals with Leo talking to his therapist regarding his anger and depression issues. If you need a stroke story, I recommend skipping this one. I wrote this one as exposition so you can see more inside of Leo, especially as the relationship builds between him and his neighbor. I am not an expert on this stuff. If you are still reading this, thank you.)

"So tell me, how long have you had these anger issues?"

"It has been since childhood. My dad set up a punching bag in our garage and told me whenever I felt angry, I should hit that instead of destroying things. That was around the age of seven if I remember correctly."

"You still use that as a tool to help curb your aggression it seems. How many folks know about it?"

"My business partner who has been my friend since then. My assistant who was my wife's roommate in college. My neighbor who I currently live with. I want to say that's it."

"Why the secrecy?"

"I am afraid of what my temper would do in front of other employees at the office. I rarely socialize outside of work, so there hasn't been an issue there."

The therapist started to write down a few things before he continued.

"Leo, I am wondering. Why seek Anger Management help now? It seems like you have handled it pretty well in the last forty-two years on your own."

"Because I haven't handled it. There have been times I let my anger take control and I have hurt people."

"Deliberately?"

"In defense of people I care about. Or self-defense in certain cases."

"Tell me about the last time you let your temper get the best of you."

I swallowed hard before talking.

"Last weekend, my assistant was moving out of her apartment. I had one of the security guards from the office help his brother move her stuff to her new place. I was driving up to help when I saw some thugs approaching the open door. I quickly pulled up and squealed my wheels as I parked. They ran. I didn't see them again after."

"That's not what I meant. I mean, tell me about the last time you were so angry that you had to hit the bag."

I took another breath.

"About three weeks ago. A client was getting really bitchy. I handled it, then went to where I hide the bag for a workout."

"Was it worth it?"

"I'd rather hit the bag than explode on someone. No one deserves to be yelled at for someone else's stupidity."

"What happened to the client?"

"Pardon?"

"What happened to the client?"

"Matt referred them to a competitor who was more inline with their financial requirements."

"Matt seems to be a voice of reason."

"He's always been an understanding partner."

"So are you afraid of hurting everyone when you get angry?"

I paused.

"Yes."

"Tell me about the last time you hurt someone to protect someone else."

"College. One of Aubrey's exes was trying to grab her at a nearby bar when I was with Missy."

"What did you do?"

"I stepped up to him, grabbed him around the throat and told him to let go. When he tried to swing, I ducked and slammed him against the wall. Missy called the cops while I took him outside. It took three guys to calm me down after I beat his ass. When the cops came, everyone told them that he was assaulting Aubrey and I defended her. He went to jail after the hospital. I never saw him again."

"Is that when Aubrey learned your secret?"

"Yes. She then tried to talk Missy out of dating me because of it."

"Missy kept dating you anyway."

"I was very fortunate. Aubrey soon learned that I was just a protective personality and that I never raised a hand to her or Missy."

"That's what I mean. You have excellent control over it enough to protect people."

"I'm afraid of it though."

"Why?"

"My neighbor."

"You're afraid you will lose her because of it."

"Yes."

"I'm going to be honest with you, Leo. I would love to have your technique to control your anger to give to other patients if it wasn't for the fact that many of them hit their wives and girlfriends. You at least have control. Tell me why you are afraid."

"She saw me go into a depression scenario at the office."

"I was wondering when you were going to get to that."

"You knew?"

"I was Matt's first call. Your neighbor was the second."

"I didn't know."

"You gave Matt that number if you ever had an episode. He used it. I don't know why he called your neighbor though."

"Me neither. I was so angry at Matt for doing that."

"Because you didn't want her to see you like that."

"Exactly."

"So when was the last time you let someone see you in that position before your neighbor?"

"Missy...before the cancer."

"She was the one who came up with that code you use, right?"

"She learned about those episodes from my parents."

"So I need to ask again. Your neighbor seems to know all about you already. Why try to treat it now?"

"Because I'm afraid to lose her. She has become too important to me not to try to curb these emotional issues."

"I have to be honest with you Leo. You said the same thing about Missy."

"I did?"

"Leo, I have been your therapist for fifteen years. I know more about everything than you think I do. Especially because I talked to Missy a bunch about these things. You know what Missy told me?"

"I am curious."

"Missy said you always wanted to be her hero. You always wanted to protect her. That's one reason she didn't tell you about the cancer initially. I told her she had to. She did and you reacted differently than she was expecting. "

"That's because I was praying the chemo would work. It didn't."

"And you lost Missy. Yet you were able to grieve normally with it."

"My neighbor was a big help. Even when her husband passed, we would make time with each other during the initial grief process."

"Didn't she help you visit Missy's grave a few times since as well?"

"Even on my birthday."

"She's a special lady, Leo. I appreciate the fact you are trying to protect her as well."

"So what do I do about this anger thing and the depression thing?"

"You keep doing your exercises. And you tell her the truth if you are planning on staying with her."

"And keep seeing you once a month?"

"Well, that is part of your exercises. Unless you'd rather not."

"No, sir. I do appreciate you and plan on seeing you on our usual schedule."

"I'll see you next month then, Leo. By the way, Leo?"

"Yes sir?"

"Merry Christmas."

"Happy Hanukah to you as well."

"You are one of the only patients that I have that remembers."

'That's because I am one of your longest patients."

As I walked out of the office, I saw my phone display show my neighbor's picture. I hit the button to answer.

"Hello, Beautiful."

"Hi Romeo. How did it go?"

"It went alright. Did you want me to bring home dinner?"

"No, I already have something whipped up. How long until your home?"

"About twenty minutes. See you then."

"Can't wait, Romeo."

I got into my car and took a deep breath. Then I turned on the ignition and started the drive home.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers