Good Neighbors Ch. 125

Story Info
Talks of Christmas presents and late spouses.
1.2k words
4.84
1.8k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 126 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers

(Hello Readers. In June of 2021, I met a woman on the Lit board who was interested in stories. In particular, she was interested in my stories and asked me the question of why I didn't write anymore. Here we are in the middle of January 2022 and she gets to read every chapter of this story based on a character loosely based on her. My Neighbor, as I call her since I have yet not divulged her name, is a character with certain traits I find fascinating about this woman. It is because of her that this series has become the longest series I have written ever. The stories may not all be longer. There may not be hot steamy sex in every chapter. But this series has been so much fun to write not only for the sake of writing, but because it has led to good discussions and explorations between my muse and I. It is to her, as I always do, that I dedicate this chapter and the promise of not stopping until the well of inspiration runs dry. Thank you to the readers without whom I wouldn't be pushed to keep going.)

There's not many things that can shake me when I am in my element. When in a meeting, I am really good at reading a room to determine which way I need to be when presenting. That being said, I rocked that shareholder's meeting. I was totally in the zone the whole time. I felt like I was in the right place. Even when the cameras were turned off, Matt gave me a high five and smiled.

"You aced it, Bro," he said.

I was smiling before I realized which meeting it was. I missed the one the previous year because of Missy's illness. So in essence, I had two years to prepare in a way. I kept the smile up.

"So, what are you getting your Beloved for Christmas?"

I looked at him before he grinned.

"I've heard you call her by that title a few times. I'm sorry bout that."

"No, you're fine. I am just not able to buy her anything."

"Dude, if you need a loan..."

"No, no....I was told not to get her anything."

"She knows how much you're worth, right?"

"It's not that. She doesn't want me to spoil her. She's always been an independent woman. It's kind of hard to explain."

"No it's not. It makes total sense to me."

"You're serious?"

"Bro, how long was she married to her late husband? We don't know much about him except that he had been your neighbor since you bought that house. We don't know anything about his profession or anything. For all we know, he could have been anything."

"True. But still I'm gonna honor her wishes."

"Bro, you need to get her a ring."

"Are you serious?"

"Dude, you are so into her. I'm not saying propose, but a ring would be a good gift. Even if you're not thinking about it, I bet she'd like it."

"You're crazy."

"Aren't you still friends with that jeweler? I bet he has some ideas."

He was being silly, but he had a point. Maybe it was something to think about. I thought about it more as I was driving back to our place. I passed my driveway and saw two cars there. I figured Aubrey had company, so I ignored it. I parked the car and walked to the door before it swung open. There stood my neighbor smiling like she just got lucky. She pulled me into her place by the tie and closed the door before her arms surrounded me and my lips were mashed against hers.

"Please tell me you rocked that meeting."

"I rocked the meeting."

She squealed a bit and kissed me a bit before she let go of the tie. She pulled back and was still smiling ear to ear.

"I have a confession to make."

"You are secretly a spy for Santa?"

"No, silly. I asked Aubrey to let me watch you. And you are right. You rocked it."

"How did Aubrey patch you in?"

"Well, she was home early and before that nerdy guy showed up, she showed me how to log in to the company website and watch."

"Wait, she came home early with a nerdy guy?"

She closed her lips before she started to change the subject.

"So what was Matt talking to you about after the meeting?"

"Christmas ideas. But back to Aubrey."

"Leo, let it go."

"Sweetheart, I didn't know she was leaving early."

"Did you check your phone?"

"Of course I checked my..."

I forgot to check my phone. I looked at it and there were two text messages from Aubrey. The first told me the prototype was set up in my office. The second was her saying she left early to have a late lunch with Wesley. I felt like a fool for getting all worked up over something so silly. I opened my mouth to apologize before my neighbor pushed a spoonful of something in my mouth. It tasted saucy, a bit spicy and really good.

"Wow, what's that?" I asked.

"A distraction," she replied.

Then she smiled when I wrapped my arms around her.

"That's a tasty distraction."

"I thought you'd like it. Now do you want to eat and talk about something else besides Aubrey?"

I took her advice. As we ate dinner, I started asking her different questions regarding Mitchell. She answered some, avoided some and ended with a look on her face like I opened Pandora's box. It was then she took me by the hand and led me into the living room. It was there she pulled a photo album out and started to show me pictures from back when they were younger. There were many pictures of her in different outfits and hair styles. I was enjoying the pictures as she told the different stories about some of them. It was when she closed the book when she looked me in the eye.

"So why the curiosity about Mitchell?"

I started to talk about parts of the conversation with Matt. She listened carefully before she spoke again.

"I think it's sweet that Matt thinks about me that way. I just don't like a bunch of fancy things. The fact is I love you for you, not your net worth or anything else. The fact you know where my buttons are helps also. I just didn't want you to feel like you had to..."

I kissed her deeply. She responded by wrapping her arms around me and letting me hold her close for a while. It was then my phone went off. I looked at it quickly and saw it was Aubrey.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Leo, are you able to come over? Wesley had an accident. I need help."

"I'll be there in a few. Just breathe. Does he need an ambulance?"

"Not yet. I have him lying on the couch."

"Okay, I'll be right there."

I grabbed my shoes and put them on quick while my neighbor wrapped herself in a housecoat. We headed over right away to see what happened.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers