Good Neighbors Ch. 169

Story Info
June the Mood Killer.
782 words
4.95
1.3k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 170 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers

We woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm. That would not have been surprising except it was Saturday. It took a moment to remember why I set it until I remembered the conversation regarding the mattress. That part was the forefront of my mind before I remembered that I also told her I'd move the punching bag over as well. As I was wondering what to do, I felt a soft set of arms wrapping around me. I looked over and saw a gorgeous woman smiling at me.

"Penny for your thoughts, Leo,"

"I was thinking about mattress shopping."

"I think that's part of it."

She hugged me tighter.

"I think you were thinking about your punching bag."

"You read my mind again, didn't you?"

"Actually, I read it in your face. Was it the thought of bringing it over?"

I paused for a moment. It should not be an issue. After all, I used it as a device to help me manage my anger to keep from hurting the people I cared about. In that sense, it was a useful tool. And yet, it felt like something more. It felt like a reminder of the beast inside. It felt like sort of a lamp in a way. Hitting it released the beast. The real question was whether I needed to keep that lamp around. I looked at my fiancée.

"I am wondering if I need it."

She looked at me before smiling.

"That's a big question. When was the last time you used it?"

"Honestly, before we started spending more time together after Mitchell's death. I was on that bag daily after Missy died. Then you lost Mitchell and I stayed away from it because we spent time together before the pool."

She smiled a bit more before she kissed me on the lips.

"How many times did you use the one at the office?"

"I can only remember once since I went back. I did have that explosion at the employees requesting raises, but it was due to a customer who angered me."

She held me tighter. She then whispered to me.

"Let's keep it where it is for a bit. Maybe we can move it when you feel like you need it."

I kissed her forehead.

"It seems silly though. It's just a punching bag."

"I don't think so."

The last voice was not hers. We both looked at the door and June was standing there. I made sure I was covered. My fiancée was not as easy to cover. Her sister laughed.

"I'm sorry. I figured since you two were talking that you were not trying anything. Should I give you time to dress?"

"No, you're fine," my fiancée said before pulling the blanket over herself more.

"To be honest, my asshole of a husband kept a punching bag around. He had a similar problem except his was fueled by alcohol. It was an enabler. I'm not going to say it's the same for you, Leo. The thing is we all have demons. Maybe they're not as drastic as yours could be, but we all have skeletons. We all need different methods to quell them."

"That makes sense. Good thing I have therapy next week."

Both girls laughed a little.

"Have you two thought about where the honeymoon is going to be when you two get married?"

We both looked at each other.

'Honeymoon?" she asked.

I shook my head.

"I didn't think we were going to do one."

"You must, though. Leo, did you and your late wife have one?"

"We couldn't afford it."

"Sis, I know you and Mitchell didn't either."

"Same reason."

"So, maybe you two should think about it. I bet there are some places you'd like to explore."

"We did Costa Rica already."

I looked at my fiancée before I looked at June.

"We should probably think about it. We can talk about it when we go mattress shopping."

June looked at the two of us.

"Wore out this one already, huh?"

I was mortified while my fiancée laughed out loud with June. It was a few moments when June retreated out of the room, and I lay on the bed a little wore out for the wrong reasons. My fiancée laid her arm over me before laying a huge kiss on my cheek.

"You okay, handsome?"

"I always thought you told me Mon was the mood killer."

She started laughing with me before we slipped out of bed and started to get dressed. We may have not had sexy time that morning, but we had a good laugh. Sometimes, a good morning like that can be effective also.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
408 Followers