Good Neighbors Ch. 185

Story Info
My proposal to my assistant.
1.1k words
4.8
1.3k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 186 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

I like naptime with my fiancée. For starters, she's pretty cuddly. She also gets pretty warm too when it's a bit chilly. And did I mention we sleep the same way we do at night as well? I guess that should go without saying to be honest. So, we were napping about two days before our engagement party/wedding. As I felt her stir next to me, I opened my eyes before I looked over and noticed the time.

Six O'clock.

I paused for a moment before I looked at the clock again. I misread it.

It was six thirty. Luckily for me, my fiancée was already stirring. Or at least I thought she was. I looked to her side of the bed and heard the tell-tale sounds of a loud, adorable snore. I slipped out of bed and slipped into some sweatpants and a t-shirt before I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly and quietly went to the door and saw the delivery guy left the stuff for dinner on the doorstep. There's something about no contact delivery sometimes. I quickly brought everything in and started to place it on the table before there was another ring.

I went to the door again and was met by Aubrey and Wesley. Aubrey was dressed in sweats like me while Wesley looked like he didn't change out of his work clothes. I escorted them in before we started to unpack the rest of the food. It was during that commotion that my fiancée walked in rubbing her eyes, luckily wearing a robe and some pajamas.

That's how our night started. As we went to town on the food, we were talking about everything and anything it seemed. Then came the moment I was scared about. I cleared my throat and looked at Aubrey.

"So, I have a serious question to ask you."

She paused and looked at me.

"I do not want to become a sister wife, Leo."

The girls laughed at that while Wes and I looked stunned. Then both of us smiled and allowed the laughter to die down before I continued.

"So, how long would you like to be my neighbor?"

She gave me a weird look.

"I have been looking for a new place. I mean I love the house, but I just don't want to inconvenience you by staying there. I was going to ask about when you'd like to start collecting rent. Is that why you invited us over?"

"Not exactly."

I had to pause before saying the next thing. Not that I like being dramatic, but I was making sure I said it right. That was before I heard Marcie speak.

"He wants to sell you the house."

I paused. It actually was quiet for a moment, like all the oxygen left the room before Aubrey looked at me.

"Wait, what?"

"I want to sell my house to you."

"I can't afford..."

"I'm not gonna charge much."

She paused again.

"Are you kidding me?"

"I'm not."

"But that house probably costs a ton."

"And you are going to come out of this better than that."

"I don't understand."

I looked at Aubrey before I smiled.

"I'm actually giving you my house," I said before I sat down.

She looked at me in shock before Wes spoke up.

"Can you do that?"

"It's my house. I own it. Why not? I'm moved in with Marcie and we're getting married the day after tomorrow. The only part I'll miss about it is the pool. But that's a small thing. Aubrey has been my right hand for a long time and without her I'd be a flop. It was just an idea I had. It makes no sense for me to own a house if I'm staying here."

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room before Marcie broke it.

"Anyone want dessert?"

We were all mesmerized with the chocolate cake she brought out. As she started slicing, Aubrey looked at me to try to read my face. Then she spoke.

"Are you being serious with me, Leo?"

"Have I ever lied to you?"

"Does the night you and Missy fought count?"

"No, because I didn't lie that night either."

She looked at me. Then the light came on and she smiled for the first time that night after we started the serious conversation. It was then the mood of the room lifted.

"What was Leo talking about that night?" Marcie asked.

"Can I tell?" Aubrey asked me.

"I have a hard time telling you no."

It was then Aubrey started to tell the story of how Missy and I broke up the one time before we hooked back up a few days later. It was the first time Missy saw my anger and she made her decision that she didn't want to deal with it. It turned out for years that Aubrey thought I touched her in the wrong way even though both Missy and I told her we didn't. It was the reason she smiled when she realized how after so long that we were both right. Marcie looked at me a little differently at that point.

"So how much are we talking about for the house?" Aubrey asked.

I looked at her and smiled.

"I wasn't kidding about giving it to you. We just need to check the laws stuff to determine how to do it legally."

She started to tear up. So did Marcie. Both Wes and I held our girls before we all calmed down. As they left to go back next door, Marcie held me closer. She then reached up to kiss me on the cheek.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"For you being you. For allowing Aubrey to tell me that story. For showing me how serious you are to want to be with me for the rest of my life."

I kissed her back before wrapping her in my arms.

"I have always been serious, Beloved."

"I know. It's just that you built that house. You designed it and was here as they built it before you two moved in. I know it means so much to you. At the same time, it shows me how much you want to be with me that you're willing to part with it."

I looked her in the eyes before I spoke.

"I always told you how much you mean to me. You're worth everything to me, Marcie. And the day after tomorrow, you'll be my bride."

We kissed right there in the doorway. One more day before the party. I couldn't wait.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers