Good Neighbors Ch. 037

Story Info
Helping her observe an anniversary.
897 words
4.81
2k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 38 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

(Hello all. This will be a non-erotic one. Ironically, I am submitting this the day after I observed the tenth anniversary of the passing of my father. It was unintentional I assure you. The grieving process is something I have written about a couple times and it's not the same for everyone. I hope you enjoy this one even if it's just a glimpse inside the life of the characters.)

Sometimes, you have a day with your sexy neighbor that most other men wish they could have. Then there's the days where it takes just one thing to collapse it for a bit. The one thing people do not realize about my neighbor is that she has those days where she misses her late husband more. I would love to say that a good fucking would cure it, but to be honest she's too classy to be like that. It is days like that which make me appreciate the fact she looks at me as more than just what's between my legs.

When she texted me to come over with her emoji that told me it was one of those days, I was over in a heartbeat. I walked in for once which surprised her before she pressed her head into my shoulder as I held her. There was crying for a bit. She then pulled back so she could breathe. She started to put her hair up before I smiled at her. She gave me a questioning look before she allowed her hair to fall. I never mentioned her hair was long mostly because she always did a clip or something to keep it out of her face. She then guided me towards her fireplace.

There I saw a picture I did not recognize. It was a picture of her and Mitchell at their wedding. It was when I looked down at the bottom of the frame that I saw the reason for her tears. It was her anniversary. I decided to bite the bullet and offered to drive her to the cemetery.

"Are you sure, Leo? It's been a while and..."

"And I can't allow you to be hurt because of my stubbornness. We need to go. Did you want me to dress a different way?"

She looked over the athletic shorts and t-shirt and smiled.

"I think maybe a polo and khakis?"

I kissed her on the forehead and ran back to my house to change clothes. It took a bit because I wanted to be the good neighbor and make sure I was decent for what we were doing. I walked back over just as she locked her door. She was wearing a sundress and had her hair up in a clip. She turned, looked at my clothes and smiled.

"You look like a true gentleman, Leo."

We went to my car, and I escorted her to the back seat. She looked at me troubled until she realized what I was doing. As she sat in my back seat, I started to drive to the cemetery where both of our departed spouses were resting. I parked nearby and walked around to open the door for her. As she stood, I grabbed the umbrella I had stashed in the back window so I could keep her dry as a slight rain began to fall.

We stepped carefully to her husband's headstone. I started to remember the first time I stood in front of it six months prior while my neighbor cried. The moment was reliving itself as she knelt by it and started crying before she started to talk as if he were there. It was a good ten-minute conversation between the two before I felt a presence hug me. I smiled because I smelled a familiar perfume in the air. As my neighbor kissed her hand and ran it over the stone, I could feel the rain begin to die down.

She stood up and straightened out her dress before she leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. I smiled before I looked in her face and saw her smile also. There was a short embrace before she walked with me to Missy's stone. I started to tell her about the smell of her perfume. My neighbor seemed to smile at that one. As we edged closer, we saw the turquoise stone of her necklace still wrapped around the flower stand. This made me smile as my neighbor again knelt beside the stone and started to talk to it as well. I stood there smiling. Here was the woman in my life now talking to my departed wife like the friends they were prior to her passing. As she stood, she patted me on the butt towards the stone. I kissed my hand, ran it over the stone and looked to the heavens as I smelled the perfume again.

We walked back to the car and drove to a local coffee shop where we sat for a while and started to share stories. About an hour later, I drove her home and walked her to the door. She leaned in for another kiss and I was surprised when it was one of the passionate ones. When I looked in her eyes, the fire was there as she started to speak.

"You want to come inside and help me with an anniversary dinner?"

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers