All Comments on 'Goofy & My Wife'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 347 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
it's about time

it's about time we get to stories where men have some balls with a wife that is cheating. and I know of no man that will share his wife with other men and stay while she's doing it. I thought that your story was more true to life than most I have been reading lately KEEP WRITING, Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
I loved it!

There are many things in this story that I just truly loved. I loved the way the man handled the situation. He could have gotten bitter and hurt everyone involved. He didn't. He simply accepted things and worked on improving his own life. I loved the way he made her suffer, and made her realize what she was missing out on. I would have loved seeing some of the women make more physical advances towards him, and he spurn them when Becky didn't think he knew she was watching. Just as a way to drive it home that he was faithful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Great story

Terrific story. One of the best I have ever read. I loved the way Ted handled the entire situation!!

I'm so glad this did not turn into another wimp hubby piece of garbage. At the same time the way he waited until the right time to deal with her adultery was inspirational. Very well done!!!!!!

ryu77ryu77about 20 years ago
Your best work so far

He sure used his head to make a great decision. If I was him, I would have reacted furious and kicked my friend's ass and hurt his wife in the process.

Too bad Linda has to live with an adulterous bastard of a husband and not knowing it.... Oh Well...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
What about Linda?

As ryu77 pointed out, she still has to live with the asshole. Becky gets back her husband. Ted pretty gets what he wanted. Jack gets to find another victim. Linda gets to be lied to by her husband and best friend. Becky's rationalization that not telling her does not keep her from being treated the way Becky treated her but leaves her open to more betrayal. Even though it would mean the end of the friendship, it would be better for Linda to find out the truth now and get rid of her husband. Eventually, she will find out and learning it later and from another person would be worse.

For that reason, I felt compelled to knock the rating down a notch.

sherlock40sherlock40about 20 years ago
Loved it

Great story. It's refreshing to see a strong loving husband who loves his wife, but will not put up with her cheating. It would be good to get Linda out of the crappy marriage though.

Keep on writing!

GoodWifeyGoodWifeyabout 20 years ago
GREAT story

I gave it full points on both scoring systems,

BUT I do have severe misgivings about Ted saying he didn't give her the attention she needed.

Seems to me just a bit of PC crap to shift part of the blame from Becky, who was in fact the one who started the whole thing. That painted him a bit of a wimp for not fully asserting himself.

That said it was a good story otherwise, and a fantastic advance on the usual wimp rubbish we normally find in this category.

Far better than your other offerings, though the "Kryptonite" story was great in parts, and I found a wierd sense of humour sneaking out - but still the wimp husband. I will never figure why the fixation with these wimp men - no woman would really like to have one.

abtaylorabtaylorabout 20 years ago
I second that!

THAT'S THE BEST NON-SEX SEX STORY I'VE EVER READ!!

I thought I was reading a chapter out of my life for a minute there! I didn't go out and get all buff like the lead character, I just left her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Not erotica

Good story but I wouldn't call it erotica. This belongs on some other site dedicated marrital disputes. I come to this site for porn. If I wanted this type of material, I would watch the soap channel on cable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Maybe if I'd taken this approach

Maybe my exfiancee and I would still be together. But it didn't come to mind when I found her in bed with another guy. I simply left.

I like the cool and thoughtful way Ted went about doing things his own way. A very good alternative to getting mad and blowing the place apart either at the Halloween party or at home later. That he admits that perhaps he hadn't paid enough attention to Becky is possibly true, most relationships eventually reach the lived in stage and the compliments come further and further apart, still it's no excuse for her having an affair.

To answer Goodwifey's comment about Ted being a wimp husband, I beg to differ. It appears to me that he's simply a type B personality, basically laid back and easygoing, not desiring to be a dominant person unless or until he needs to be. Please note that once he realized the situation he quickly took action to correct the problem, though Goodwifey might have enjoyed a more forceful and decisive ending. However Ted's personality made the approach tempting but uncharacteristic for him.

He went with the mature outlook that says never hurt other people needlessly. Look at how many people could have had their lives turned inside out he Ted gone into a rightous rage. Linda, a apparently faithful and happy wife and a friend to both Ted and Becky; Jack, a cad, though he seems to be keeping Linda happy and innocent of his cheating ways; and Ted himself, a man who could have thrown away his marriage to a woman he still loved. No, his passive, silent, disciplinary action was probably the best for his situation.

That said, something has to be done about Jack before he tears his own marriage apart. I wonder if Linda knew about Jack's affair with Becky, and possibly other women? If she did, could their marriage be an open one, allowing both paartners to take lovers? If not, how best to either break Jack of his straying ways, or how best to break the news to Linda? This looks like a good start for a sequel or three.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Spectacular story about a gentleman being a man!

This story should be required reading for EVERY male in that it shows how women use the "weakness" of love to dominate a man. Every man can not count on finding an adult lady to share their life with and has to be prepared to be like the gentleman in the story.

It was perfect in the self control the character had in not loosing his cool, but protecting his self esteem by fulfilling himself by bettering himself...and allowing his wife to exist in her own torment.

No this story was not erotica, but it was some of the best factual writing ever done.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 20 years ago
I am not safisfied...

real solution: tell Linda. Yes, she will be in pain for a while, but better off in the long term. Then, have Ted and Linda become a couple, leaving Becky and Jack to suffer the consequences of their betrayal. Linda and Ted both deserve better- each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Cutting off too much

Interesting, enjoyable take on the old Halloween costume joke.

There is one thing (isn't there always). The affair between Jack and Becky involved two completely different levels of betrayal.

There's the sex. That might have been merely two people attracted to each other, with opportunity and lack of morals. Many men could understand that and with time and effort get past it.

But the other... An entirely different matter. What was behind Jack telling Becky to cut her husband off? This is not just doing something they shouldn't. That she was willing to willfully punish him for no reason that we can see shows a level of contempt that would be so much harder to understand and forgive. She could be having sex with Jack and still "love" her husband and be concerned with his happiness but no definition of love I know of includes this behaviour.

"Ted doesn't get any of this pussy, so he will never know. I am saving it just for you, Goofy," she smirked.

"It was a control thing that just tickled him no end."

She was doing something to intentionally hurt him. It just seems to this reader that the reaction he had and the solution he came up with was appropriate for simple infidelity but not this situation.

(Harddaysknight: If you remove this review will you let me know why?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Too soon

I think you tried to get to the end too soon. I liked the way things lingered and the "secret" was stretched to its limit.

However, Jack is a bonified asshole, not the kind to stop affairs because Becky broke it off. And if they were truly Linda's friends wouldn't they try to let her know what kind of jerk she was married to. Eventually he's going to get caught and wouldn't that inevitibility lead to the truth.

Great story...keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Triumph of the mature man

Thanks for a good story with a husband who makes me proud to be a man. I understand that Jack doesn't get his just reward, but that aspect of life has nothing to do with our husband and wife team. they've chosen a better road and Jack...well, let's leave that for another story.

ScribblerosScribblerosabout 20 years ago
Good Story

This is a well written story. The person's thoughts are well depicted. I was able to relate to the husband. I think Becky has had her cake wants to keep it too. Good for her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Your best!

"Harddaysknight:"

Your best offering yet! I very much enjoyed how 'Ted' handled the situation. It was an intelligent and effective method of both reinforcing his own self esteem and confidence and resolving the uncertainty of his relationship with his wife.

I must agree with "missouri", however, in his concern over 'Becky's' behavior. Her betrayal does seem to go beyond 'simple' infidelity. She's not only cheating on 'Ted', but she's withholding sex from him as well. Why would 'Jack' want his best friend not to bed his own wife, and why would 'Becky' actually agree to it? In the line "missouri" quoted, 'Becky' seems to be getting glee from it. Were I 'Ted', I would keep this woman no closer than arm's length.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
GOOD JOB

ABOUT TIME SOME ONE WROTE A STORY THATS DOWN TO EARTH.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Unrealistic at best!

For Ted to live like this for months he must have been on drugs, gay, ugly and desperate, or broke and couldn't afford to make it on his own. No real man is going to tolerate such behavior and play along as long as this loser did. He not only dressed like Goofy he is goofy.

Any reasonable man would have left and found another woman to love him. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Send this to Reader's Digest and let all the bleeding heart sensitive liberal males in the world enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Obviously thought provoking...

I'll give this story a 100 because it has generated so much discussion. But why? After reading all the comments (save a few) I wondered if I had read a different story. Let?s explore.

So Jack and Becky purposefully perpetrate a hideous "practical joke" on Ted for their own sexual amusement. Wow! Compared to mere infidelity... okay, I can't compare it. They might as well have tied his naked body behind their car and dragged him over gravel, all the while squealing in delight. And Becky has no excuse whatsoever; she could have simply lied to Jack if she needed his sex so badly. But no. She obviously enjoyed the "added" stimulation in her affair of humiliating her husband. Her redemption??? She didn't even come clean with Ted until she got busted. There is no redemption. So I hate her. Which is good. She is a great evil character (another reason for the 100). That?s not the problem.

The huge problem is Ted. I was loving him, man. Really. For a while there, he was one of my favorite literary characters (yet another reason for the 100). But then the fatal flaw -- his total inability to grasp the magnitude of Becky?s revelation: she was withholding sex on purpose, because it was a "control thing for Jack? (cough/bullshit). And Ted forgives her??? Or wait; maybe Ted has a different plan. Maybe he is going to become a freaking sadist and dom her around for the rest of her life. In either case, he becomes an even less likable character than his evil bitch wife.

The good story ends when through a saint-like exercise of self-restraint Ted does NOT kill Becky or Jack. The great story goes on to figure out how Becky can redeem herself. King Arthur?s Guenever had to lock herself away in a convent till she was an old women. Pretty good, but I don?t think even the great Sir Thomas Mallory could come up an appropriate redemption for Becky.

Thought provoking, though. Good stuff.

C.C. Rider

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Real men and collateral damage

This story has rattled around in my mind for days. I was taken with two issues: 1) that compassionate people are always concerned with collateral damage and 2) that feminists might not agree with the resolution.

I applaud Ted for being concerned with Linda's feelings, for thinking before he acted. This is in keeping with the actions of an older man. A younger man is much more likely to have just responded at the first awareness of the affair and damn the consequences. And given the length of this marriage forgivenes becomes much more of a viable option.

However, the way this story ended is certainly not going to endear any feminist reader. Letting a man be a man and a woman be his subordinate? Wow, for an author that took courage!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Bad ending

Come on!!!!!! Becky stops haveing sex with her husband because some married guy said to and than she says she loves Ted and to trust her?? She screwed Jack in his car, motel and hotel. She screwed him in his bedroom once, thought she was screwing him again and expected to do it again before the night was over.

Even though it took months for her to confess,Ted should have been ready to tape her confession. he should have been documenting as much as he could during that timw such as nights they screwed or went to the restaurant. Once he had documentation and her confession, get a divorce and let Linda know why and what was going on.

The ending was real bad. but story was good. As an aside, when Ted ran into the ladies from the library, he should have said somrthing like "you might have gotten Jack to help you rearrange the shelves if he was not busy helping Becky"

How about a followup dealing with Ted and Becky dealing with Jack and Linda as "friends"

Chuck.....

doormousedoormousealmost 20 years ago
Wow!!!!!

What they said... this is an awesome story!!

Loved it :-)

KY XtianKY Xtianalmost 20 years ago
What a truly great and optimistic story!

Far too often there are two trends in the "Loving Wives" category: wives who cheat or cuckhold their husband and their men love it; and wives who cheat, get busted and their man tosses them on their ass, case closed.

Both of these types of story center on two central themes: power and who controls it. In the first type of stories, it's usually the husband who think he has it but the wife who shows that she weilds it, and in the second type of story it is just the opposite.

Wouldn't it be nice if more of the stories posted here could realistically reflect how relationships between married couples really work most of the time? While it may be true that in some marriages you have a void of power by one party and that sometimes there is struggle of control, in most of them it is a struggle to try to figure out how to equally share the power and demands.

Several years ago I found out my wife was having a relationship which I didn't approve of, and was also witholding sex from me as part of this game for her. Like Ted, instead reacting harshly and letting my temper get out of control, I stood back and evaluated the situation, and decided that I still loved my wife, but our relationship had now changed and was going to have to change more. Eventually all was revealed, my wife came to realize that she valued our marriage more than this other relationship, and we made amends. We're now much more loving, open and honest with each other, our marriage couldn't be any better.

So, to suggest that the end to this story was unrealistic? Hogwash! It is a reflection of two mature adults who have a deep investment in each other and their family, as opposed to two young and hotheaded kids who would rather mentally and verbally beat the shit out of each other and pursue revenge or perpetual punishment.

KY XtianKY Xtianalmost 20 years ago
And my follow-up comment to some commentary here

After reading over the rest of the comments, two big issues have come up, and I'd like to see the author address them.

DID LINDA KNOW JACK WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH BECKY? After Becky revealed that this had only gone on for a few weeks, it would most likely be no.

BUT - there is an inconsistancy in this story. I'm guessing that this is a complete oversight by the author, but if you ignore that, it makes it look like Becky still was not telling the whole truth. She mentions that the affair only started a week before the Halloween party and she ended it a week afterwards, so this supposedly lasted about three weeks. But she had cut off her husband long before that. Further, the owner of the restaurant immediately recognized Becky and openly asked where Jack was. Having worked in the restaurant industry for nearly a decade, that doesn't happen within a three week period. This had been going on for a long time.

So, if you work off of THAT theory, I would say that Linda did know about this affair, and she was just biting her tongue as well. I don't think her comment to Tom (thinking it was really Jack under the costume) was purely innocent, I think she knew that they were up to no good and was trying to exert some pressure on him to behave.

WILL JACK HAVE AN AFFAIR WITH ANOTHER WOMAN? Probably not. I think that both Jack and Becky just got really close, found a spark and hit it off. Probably something that will not be repeated, especially after the disasterous end to this one. Jack probably figured out that Ted knew what was going on, and didn't want to risk his comfortable position with his wife again, especially if Ted didn't tell Linda.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
KY Xtian - how long?

"It started last fall, a week before the Halloween Party."

Before the PREVIOUS year's party.

Nightowl21Nightowl21almost 20 years ago
Good Story

This is a good, interesting story. The one time slot was wrong, or at least, not explained well. The affair went on for WEEKS. She said so. So, was it for a full year and the last few months she cut Ted off?

As she described the situation, while with Goofy, the only thing thing she left out was how she enjoyed his big cock compared to Ted's little one. But I guess that's out since she couldn't tell the difference. The fact she denied Ted to have sex with her proves she didn't love him.

Somehow the reconciliation is too easy. I doubt that the time spent not sleeping with Ted would faze her too much since she didn't seem to want to sleep with him, anyway! I felt her advances were to assure herself she still had control and, also, that Ted did not really "know" anything. I would even venture that if Ted had jumped into bed with her she would have been doing the joyrides in the backseat again. I wind up thinking that leaving her would be the real answer, though.

I think Jack is let off much too easily. Personally, were it my wife, and I couldn't kick his ass, he could depend on a baseball bat to the knee and his nuts!! This type of male listens to no other stimulus to change.

All in all, the story is good, the writing is good.

jimd51jimd51almost 20 years ago
Interesting

I really like how he made her stew in her own self doubt and anxiety over what she had done. Yes, it took determination on his part, but if he truely wanted her back, which I think he did, that was a small price to pay. Especially since the sex thing had not been happening very much prior to the party anyways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent!

This is an excellent story. I really have no gripe or bone to pick with the author. I do wish perhaps for a part two where Jack is exposed and in the course of the story Becky gets to make up for her betrayal to Linda with her former best friend knowing why it's so important to Becky. I think Becky's actions were like so many people a power trip and that inspite of the cruelty not based on lack of love, but twisted reality and values. Ted worked this out the best way for him, I would have had serious trust issues. How anyone could be willing to destroy a marriage, wreck sacred wedding vows; and throw the love there spouse has for them back in there face yet still love them is a hard thought for me to grasp. I lean more to Charley_ Ace's "Its my party and I'll cry if I want to" and the solution provided. Still you have to be one of the best writers out there. Thank you very much.

studyingstudyingover 19 years ago
novel

Great story. Real man. Wise action. Write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
A CORAL SNAKE IS PRETTY,BUT DON'T TRUST IT

WIFE WAS A SLUT,SHE WILL BE YOUR SLUT NOW.TRUST ME

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good Story

This is one of my favorite stories on literotica. At least you dont try something stupid like 'I love you so much I will forgive you'.

You go for the more realistic approach of a wife who doesnt care much for her husband and a husband who's feelings for his wife have been destroyed. In the end they stay together because the husband is willing to give up having a wife in order to have a convient cum depository and the wife is willing give up control for financial stability (or something, its not really made clear).

Perhaps not the romantic 'true love' type ending I would put in my fantasy stories if I could write :) but a good deal more believable than most of the twisted shit on this site. Facts of the matter are that most marriages arent based on love anyway so this type of ending is probably closer to the truth (except the husband being able to turn the wife into a sex slave after being dominated for 25 years) than when they end up as a loving couple with no side-effects.

sexmatesexmateover 19 years ago
Great Read!

I Loved your story! I would have liked to hear how they consumated their new relationship!!! I would like to see a sequel to this to see how things are going. I would also like to see Ted get some kind of revenge on Jack. (No he doesn't have to fuck Jacks wife to get it!) Some kind of twist that punches or kicks him in the balls with the full awareness of Linda, As well as a front row seat of Ted and Becky!

Thanks for Writing

John don't worry I do vote!

Keep up the great work!

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Why suffer

Your husband--certainly no friend of mine--should have given her the boot! She could have cared less, until the tables were turned. I would have left, gotten my body in shape, let her see me with a younger and better looking woman then herself. This woman, like so many women, didn't care for anyone but herself. Don't get me wrong, I love women, but most of the time "I don't like them" & believe most men fell the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Nice Story But Didnt Like The Ending

Good story up until the end. I find it hard to believe that he would get over his hurt so quickly & everything would go back to normal. Also odd that the wife who was used to being dominant would become submissive so fast.

Husband said his whole life was shit when his wife was in it & later discovered his wife had cut him off just for kicks (as if cheating wasnt bad enough). Most guys wouldnt be able to get over that & probably wouldnt even try if their marriage was a shitty as he made out to begin with. When you start out with a bitchy wife & a crappy marriage, cheating would more likley be the impetus for him to leave rather than the solution to all their problems. It is a fiction site but this ending is more fictional than most.

I suppose you couldnt write the ending I would have prefered because it would end up being a ripoff of "Her Indescretion, My Salvation". Sometimes you gotta grasp at straws if you want to be original I guess.

p.s. I really like your writing even if I did have a bit of a problem with a part of this story. In the last couple months, you've written some of the best stuff Ive read on this site (how I ended up finding the rest of your stories). I keep reading them over and over & keep laughing my ass off each time I do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Sweet Modern Tale

Well, at first I thiought she was a little crazy, but now I know she was fuckin' goofy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Well Done

Well written, well plotted with well drawn characters. Finally stories without weak, spineless husbands. I give this top marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Thanks again

What can I say I have never been disappointed in any of your stories. Keep on keepin on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
SO SO STORY

I myself like stories where the husband gets some sort of revenge, or atleast divorces his slut of a wife. although i don't mind a happy ending from time to time, i thaught the husband forgave her to easily at the end. like others have said is there going to be a sequal.maybe he was fucking the other guys wife on his suppose bowling night which if u remember fell on the same night as the library thing the wife had.maybe they were fucking each other to get even.that would be a damn good twist.great story.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
Excellent story

I still think Jack got off much too easy. And maybe the wife, too.

But it is a very good story and in the long run he may actually be happier with her by not kowtowing to her.

But can he trust her again?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
why let goofy get away with fucking with wife

great story ,what with goofy not paying or having words with him about fucking your wife.as muck damage he cause you,why not confront him without his wife around.you punish your wife why not goofy.

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
Uhhmm, say what?

...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Guess it's time

I got around to commenting on this story.

It's fun to read the comments (as you know I like to do!). What most readers seem to be missing is this is a fun story to read! This isn't a story with "a moral for the masses" it's a story to bring a smile to my face.

I grin a little every time I "see" him pushing her out of the car on her ass. Her making love to Goofy was innovative and made me think a little. As Josephus would say "The Best Revenge is a Life Lived Well". And he did that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
some times we're to clever

when he found out she was cheating,he should have stop it then. they protected jack the cheater not linda the good wife.he will cheat again.you try to be so clever and senitive that you blow the plot.you're a good writer that a fact.i could read your stories all day.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
HDK does the super wimp Hubby thing? film at 11

this was a one super fabulous story.... and was going to be the my favorite story from one of my favorite authors...

then the ending hit. What a fucking TURD of an ending.

he recognizes and they openly talk about Her total rejection of him at the of the story. She wnet out of her way to LAUGH at her hubby and cut hiim off b/c Jack wanted that...

His solution is what? ...say you wont dont it again and lets fuck? come on

How can any guys handle months and months of rejection and humiliation by his wife like that?

ohioohioover 17 years ago
this is a great story

I've read it several times, and enjoy it each time. One of the things I like most about it is the nature of Ted's response to his wife's betrayal:

He looks at himself and his own life, and decides to make some changes. The implicit message is that we can never really change other people or control what they do--we can ask, but there is no guarantee we'll get what we want. But we CAN change ourselves, and decide what sort of person we will be.

Ted withdraws from the humiliating aspects of his relationship with his wife, he gets himself in fantastic physical shape, he takes up activities that please him, and in general takes control of his own life.

The ending may not be perfect in various ways. I for one think he was far too generous with Becky--who had not only screwed around on him, but cut him off sexually for her own and her lover's amusement. I also wish he had gotten even with Jack, though I applaud the decision not to tell Linda and cause her needless pain.

But the message that all of us need to accept responsibility for what our lives will be is a terrific one.

Plus, as always, there is HDK's excellent writing and wonderful sense of humor.

ohio

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
WIMP!

Fun to read, but watta WIMP!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The last commenter...

says he was a wimp. Wrong! the guy was totally in control - nice one

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A wimp? maybe not.

But I would never have kept it inside me. Most of all I would have let Jack know in terms that he could understand about the dangers of fucking another man, especially a friend;s wife.

louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
Have you ever noticed...?

Have you noticed that in virtually all Lit.com Loving Wives stories, as the ending of the story approaches, the husband always confesses to some transgression that makes the whole episode of the wife's cheating his fault? It could be he once thought about another woman. Or possibly that he failed to protect her. Maybe it was that he wore a white dinner jacket before Memorial Day...or used the wrong after shave...or forgot to put the toilet seat down. Whatever it was it very clearly justified his forgiving the adultress wife and accepting the blame for her being a piece of slut meat.

Oh yes...have you also noticed that when the auhtor(s) want the story to turn around in the middle part of the tale, it always is the result of an accident, sickness, winning the lottery, etc. It never develops as a part of character development or of long hard work at trying to address the problem, or anything like that. It always seems to be serendipity. It surely must make writing the story much easier.

Just an observation!!

Cheers!

acs_1acs_1about 17 years ago
Have you ever noticed?

What the last commenter said. - I agree!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great Story

I appreciated the fact that Ted didn't freak out and launch into some pity party about how wronged he was. He took it like a man and came out on top. He showed his wife and friend that he wasn't some patsy and that they would have to play by his rules. About fucking time!

tedbeartedbearalmost 17 years ago
awesome

Have to be one of the best stories I have read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
what a fuckin' goofy little twerp of a husband

why the idiot kept asking "do you want to stay married to me?" <p>

wtf is that? of course she did; she already told you that 10,000 times; i mean, where the hell was she gonna go? to live with jack and linda? <p>

stupid little wimpy twerp!

"now, then, you MUST do waht I want from now on... i will love you as no one has ever loved you; worship you, but you must not every fail me again, okay?"<p>

"okay. oh, thank you so much for not divorcing me." <p>

"you're welcome....i'm glad you came to your senses and told me the truth..." <p>

no, she did not, you little dent headed twerp; you FORCED her to, by taking her to a place where some guys kept asking for Jack and her other lovers... She did NOT voluntarily tell you about Jack, did she? <p>

why authors create such little dick-holding wimpy twerp as heroes and real men, we have no idea. <p>

"okay, dear honey, now that you come to your senses and promised not to cheat again AND HIDE it from me, making me going without sex again,,, let's go back to the restaurant and celebrae for real!!!" <p>

fuckin' moron! lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Who wrote this?

You write well. I've read a few of your stories. This pussy ending is the cuck asking for more, which he should get for not letting Jack know he knows. Too much start of a good story, just to have no ending is just that, a story with no ending. Oh, well, back to the Lit.search engine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
it got childest at the end

he wanted a slave and not a whore wife,but kids would be better rather then a whore wife.hubby didn't have it in him to be a strong man,because he would've kicked jack ass or punish him some kind of way.jack got a free pass to fuck somebody else wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
restoration

his response in the situation was noteable. he did not go off and leave himself vulnerable to her counters. there were the decisions he made and [he] was ok with them, and did not care what she did/thought. she would do what she would do, based on past behavior.

the ability to believe her about her fidelity, and any others is problematic. if his control of her was the answer, i would think it was an imperfect answer. not sure its a solution in the long run, but may work for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A real Wimp!!!!

He took back. Ok so be it. But why??? The wife who cheats on her husband is bad. A wife who denies her husband sex only to add kicks to her lover's benefit, is worse. A wife who cheats, denies her husband and cheats with her best friend's husband.... well... she doesn't worth a shit. And trusting her??? guess what... only a worst kind of fool would do that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
he does what ?

i found the story to be someone coming out of the fog, when he changed the rules and asserted himself. why he would not end it, was curious. fine, he made something of it. there was the deceit on her part, and her took her back? those ladies told him he had little need to be concerned for lack of attention from those ladies. in the end, wouldn't trust be tenuous? i think so, so why not build on what he did, w/o her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
goofy ending

good up to the end, then? he accepts her back, and he says he was at fault for not being assertive, what about her own action ? she couldn't even apologize to linda, whatever the fallout? she now wants to be his ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Huh?

I have read this story a few times and each time I am struck by the fact that the time frame does not work. The wife and her lover went from spending time at the library together, to sex, to breaking up all in a few weeks. However, that gave them enough time to deny the husband sex, which does not work with the timeframe you talked about with regards to their lack of sex early in your story, to becomming regulars at a restaurant to the point of being recognized, etc, etc. Sorry the story was good, I did not mind the way you had the husband handle it, not my way but it worked, but the timeframes are like a sore thumb and just stick out.

snikolemsnikolemabout 16 years ago
liked it

I enjoyed your story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Always enjoy a Harddaysknight story but....

The slut wife got away with "again". Wimpy husband does not have enough brains to go out and even the score - wimpy & utterly stupid; a bad combination. Not only does the slut wife get away with it, but she suffers no consequences. That is what makes this one so "unrealistic". In any case, this author usually does a great plot line with believable characters, but is entitled to at least one screwed up story [per the professional commentator].

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Ya didn't get it did ya.

Most of you didnt get it I mean really didnt get it .He did what in the lifestyle is called a mind fuck he took her out of her comfort zone turned everything upside down and made her wallow in it for 8 months.It is a slow break down process .Tension and nerves and quilt will do most of your work for you if you use it right.Loved it as a Dom it was beautiful phsyc warfare piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
what i did get was,he was a drama queen

i give you a divorce and no contest.she had an affair and fucked another man.she was his whore and stop fucking the hubby.why go over the bullshit and just drop the bitch and move on.how can you trust the slut anymore.she treated the hubby like a wimpout sissyboy.what did hubby do to her lover,nothing.weak ass writer and bullshit mind games is all about ego.broke lover legs or something more manly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
wimp...wimP...wiMP...wIMP...WIMP

crap...craP...crAP...cRAP...CRAP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
re-read

the ending is wrong. he may love her but that is not reciprocated. if there are any such words, they would be hollow. she had no qualms in doing what she did, so he should for her? no, if there would be, apologize to linda to start, with no pre condition for a 'normal' w/e with them. me, there were those ladies that showed he was not w/o options.

KY XtianKY Xtianover 15 years ago
A great re-read

I remember reading this story several years ago, thought it was good then. For some reason going back through my favorite authoris, i found this story again. This time everything is much more vivid, more real. Perhaps it is because I've found myself recently nearly giving into the same temptation that Becky did, except I was able to pull myself together before that happened. Funny how you can feel so close to a story. Back to give this another 5-star rating.

KY XtianKY Xtianover 15 years ago
And a second follow-up

A) This will make comment #69. HAHA.

B) I just re-read my original comments... I had completely forgotten about mentioning my wife entering into a relationship that I would not have approved of, and just four years later, I was about to do the same, completely absent-minded. Funny how some things really do just happen. I confessed my near-adulterous affair, she forgave me. I wondered why she forgave me so easily, and now I know why, it was because I showed her such tenderness in return. Things come full circle.

WoodButcher57WoodButcher57over 15 years ago
It was Good, until

the last, screw that sub crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
is Ted an IDIOT or a MAN?

One of the great all time LW stories here at Lit. TED has a LOT of great qualities. As the author OHIO notes its wonderful that TED realizes he cant force Becky to love him or change or give up Jack.

<br></br>

TED can only control and be responsible for Ted. His Plan works... he re-exerts himself his Masculinity and wears Becky the cheater down.

<br></br>

BUT what TED fails to see is that he also has to THINK for himself as well as take contril of his own life. <b>There are SERIOUS implications of Becky's decision to cut Ted off sexually at the behest of Jack.</b>

<br></br>

At the end of the story Ted never even brings this KEY point up.

<br></br>

The story opens at Halloween where we learn Ted has been cutoff from his wife sexually for MONTHS. At the end of the story Ted learns that Jack suggested to Becky to cut him -- Ted- off sexually.

<br></br>

You see the problem?? IF Becky is telling the truth then why did she cut Ted off sexually BEFORE she staeted the affair with Jack?

<br></br>

And as some other readers pOinted out the fact that the resturant Guy Knew her and Jack STRONGLY indicated they were there more than 3 times

<br></br>

<b> Isn't it OBVIOUS that a woman who engages in this sort of Planned and enjoyable humiliation Might be lying once the truth came out??? </b>

<br></br>

Ted never considers this idea. Instead he acts as if this was a simple 3 week afair. Even IF you accept the time line issues/ problems that is NOT what this story was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
wimps

Can't understand the failure of many authors and commentators to want to get revenge on the other guy in these cheat stories. I'm sure the same people, if someone scratched their car or broke their windows or stole their wallet, would want to string the bastards up. But screw their spouse, that seems to be acceptable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
boo for the ending

the rating is for that. that preffered ending: she gave her explanation, and there should have been '...frankly becky i don't care, yes we are through and i will be completely happy, without you...', from him, end, fini, i don't care how beautiful she may be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wimp husbands and slut wife - bad combination!

As many have said, the male figure is a complete idiot and the slut wife got away with it "again". It was really hard to feel empathy with either of the main characters. The bad news is that the gene pool is going to be polluted until these two idiots are eliminated from the source. Not one of this author's better stories, unfortunately!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
found a way

You found a way to make a fool out of the man again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The Worst

99% of your stories are well written ... this one was NOT!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
That NEVER happens

I just read it again and I have to mention something, just because it is a major part of the plot.

There is NO WAY, an Italian restaurant owner could discuss with a lady, in front of her male company, about her previous male company.

That does not happen . EVER.

You can call it business ethics, heritage, discretion whatever you can think of, but it NEVER happens.

Now that I think of it, that cannot happen also in ANY European country. Of course I don't know about good old USA

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
How about a new version: GOOFY.02?

I founf quite a few problems with the story. Without further ado I'll list them.<P>

1. I found the husband’s character and behavior very annoying. His modus operndi is manipulating his wife and others –even himself by being passive aggressive. Yes, he is improving his personal appearance in the gym and by going through a self inflicted boot camp, but he does not allow himself to experience a moment of true feelings, never mind express them to anyone. He sex –starves himself, even as it is clear that the mutuality of the exclusive marriage and its intimacy has been a fiction for quite some time. And if you argue from the perspective of a purist approach of one sided loyalty –well, he does not even bring his knowledge of her betrayal to the table; why do it if you can extend the suffering, the games and the lying for few more weeks… <P>

If it was just a matter of one unsympathetic character (even if it is the main one), while other elements in the story like the plot or compelling insights were compensating the reader, I would not have considered this even as a flaw.

The problem is that the meeting points between the character of the husband and his choice of ways for dealing with the problems the plot sets him with - never match. It seems like he lost an essential internal guiding mechanism, so off he sails in no connection to what needs to be done in order to actually face problems in reality - not in one’s mind… <P>

a screw driver (fascinating as the invention of these spiraling lines on a screw may be) may not solve all mechanical problems you encounter. Some jobs call for a heavy hammer, or a saw. <P>

The wife has been lying to him (by omission), and so has the husband. She manipulates sex as a power and control tool against him - so does he. She has been keeping him on a near starvation diet (of sex) – he escalates it – to no sex at all <P>

The question is: does the rational of slow corrective measures fits here to begin with?

If you saw another person being ready or in the middle of committing an act which is so dangerous, either by its immediate impact or by the very high likelihood of its potential consequences, would you choose the slow and indirect approach? I doubt it. <P>

2. That is to my opinion the main fault of the story – namely, the mismatch of the means to the end; allowing a major offense to any marriage to continue festering, with all the cumulative damages of lying, secrets, anger and betrayal to keep piling up, just so that the wife will find on her own the error of her ways…And what if by the time she learns the lesson there is no more marriage to save? It seems that the implied author through the husband’s character would say: so be it! It reminds me of the sardonic adage: the operation was a success, albeit the patient died…<P>

3. When the wife is finally asking for the reasons for his avoidance the husband mixes in one breath two different reasons which are unrelated to each other. Which one was it? The first reason he mentions is that he won’t be manipulated and rationed – sex wise, anymore, His request is that she should be available to him pretty much when he needs her. The second reason he mentions is that he would not share her with anyone else, which amounts to clear and pretty direct allegation of cheating said to her face, in the context of the first reason (rationing the sex), I doubt that it was really his reason for action. If not for him exposing her cheating, I doubt that we would have seen any action of any sort on his part. With regard to the second reason (no sharing with others), it makes sense that she would have reacted in SOME WAY, at least so that he would not come back with:: ‘wait a minute –did I just NOT hear you denying that you shared sexual favors with other men?’…And yet, even when she does not react to his allegation of sharing her favors – he still chooses not to confront her = at least in following HER thunderous silence and thereby ending the whole charade. Here is the point where the credibility of the plot itself sunk to the bottom for me. <P>

4. Another “small” plot problem to which some have already alluded. When the wife describes the activities including in the cheating, it could not be fitted into one week of sexual relations…<P>

5. At the end, the husband gives the wife an undeserved compliment. He confirms that now she speaks the truth and ties it to the possibility of new and better relations. Now where did this one come from? At no point did the wife confess to anything as long as she thought she had reasonable deniability at her side. It was only when the secret came to the open IN PUBLIC by the restaurant owner who “named the name” (Jack), and neither of the spouses could pretend anymore, that she was COMPELLED to confess. Note – compelled – not evolved to the point of voluntarily confessing. <P>

6. And what with the patronizing posture the husband takes towards Linda – Jack’s wife. He justifies keeping the secret from Linda by framing it as ‘protecting her from pain’, namely he won’t tell her that both of them had been cheated by their respective spouses. Now that’s what I call a good friend. He gets to decide what’s good for her future marriage… not the wife, based on being fully informed…. Now that one really got to me. If only for this vain arrogance he deserves to be cheated on… <P>

Cumulatively, I am afraid that this story lacked the usual coherence and elegance of plot we usually see with HDK. I am CONVINCED though that now days HDK could improve on the original with ease. So how about version no. 2? A story goes into the repair shop and comes out shining and improved –like they say today Goofy.02

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
No love, no love

Ok story. That 'arrangement' the couple reach at the end has nothing to do with love or trust. At best, it is a contract based on fear and insecurity. That is all fine since it is people's freedom to choose their living arrangements. As usual, there is no loving wife in this 'loving wives' tale (with perhaps the exception of Linda). The husband is willing to settle with an unloving wife for the illusion of love, and the wife is willing to settle with an unloving husband for the illusion of security. Very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You write well, but...

This story is reasonably well written, but is far below most of your other stories.<p>

Both parties are nimrods, dumber than a box of rocks. But the really dumb aspect of the story is that everything will be alright because he LUUUVES her.<p>

It is hard not to be frustrated when, after reading a story,

the reader encounters such a genuinely wimpish ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Pure BS!!

The title says it all! Not a man but a ... puss!

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 14 years ago
Kick Becky's ass out!!!

I kinda of liked the story. BUT, I don't think she payed the price for a cheating wife. ((this should of been in the story)-Ted should have demanded that Becky tell Linda that she had sex with her husband Jack). If not for the restaurant Becky would not have confessed (kick hes ass out). She is a cheater!! Ted is now good looking and can find another woman. Ted is way to good for Becky. I don't think Jack should be going around having sex with another woman with out paying the price. (Put it in the story)

netviper21netviper21almost 14 years ago
Noooo

Get Jack by the f***ing balls!!! Wish you would of done something to him though i guess not...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
trite crap

decent beginning that went into the crapper midway through, predictable and formulaic, poor effort, too bad

norcal62norcal62over 13 years ago
There has been a full range of comments on this tale.

Many have been thoughtful about the theme and its treatment so I won't ad my "me too." My comment is that the writing is somewhat stiff because contractions weren't used. This is too common in LW stories and hurts the read. Didn't,couldn't wouldn't, shouldn't have useful places and give the story more conversational style

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Stupid story

FUCK YOU!!!!.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Biggest pile of bullshit possible.

Fucking stupid husband, fucking stupid author. How about taking a short walk on a long pier, asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Becky got off too lightly

Cutting off sex with the husband on her lover's whim is a major betrayal. Becky did suffer greatly for 6 months, but further humiliation was required - a retaking of her vows at least. And Linda should certainly have been told - she had a right to know. Also there seems to be a mistake in the timeline. She started cheating one week before Halloween but broke it off just after the Halloween party - after several weeks of Friday sex! But I sort of liked the story overall.

cyrilliccyrillicover 13 years ago
Foursomes

Yes, Linda should have been told, but the cheaters should have been given an opportunity to save the marriages by having a series of foursomes. These would consist of Linda spanking Becky, Ted spanking or caning Jack, followed by sex between Linda and Ted. The number of seesions should be equal to the number of the cheaters' trysts. And of course they should all retake their vows afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I usually like a happy ending

but I woulda tossed this one....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Really good story...

Actually I somewhat agree with your critics that Becky kind of got off a little too easy. However, you develop a really great theme that no one else does: a man has to be a man...and lots of us aren't. Which is why I'm going to click off of this site and go to the gym. Besides...if Ted wants to take her back that's his call. No one else's. Actually I did read a story that had some similarities. They made a play out of it. But it was a long time ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Your a Pussy Wimp

My wife fucks off, I am okay with it and life goes on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This Sucks!

How does any man ( I'm assuming you are a man and not some man hating bitch writer ) write this crap. Maybe in your sequel you can have Jack fuck Ted in his "pussy" ( that would be the place where a real man has a penis - something Ted clearly does not have based on his wimp personality ). You could then have Becky the "cheating whore" put on a strap on and finish the "cuck" Ted in the ass ... Now wouldn't that be a far more accurate finish to your "piss poor" story? You get a 1!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Fascinating intolerance

I am still overwhelmed by the feeling that every man thinks every woman he has been with must have been a virgin every time she was with him ROFL.

This was fun, funny and well thought out - he managed to disconnect from the simple act of sex and worked out a solution to get what he wanted -= a devoted compliant wife - the same thing most of us want.

He got some simple easy revenge and improved his health and life expectancy in the bargain. Not the most common response but it has some merit when he gets what he wanted for his effort.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Always liked this story! But Jack goes free and clear....?

The only troubling thing that is left open for me is that Jack gets the "free pass" and maybe it is not so much that Jack is not held accountable. Linda, his wife, is the most innocent of anyone in the story and yet everyone knows a dirty little secret and she is left in the dark. We know that Jack isn't much a husband. But Ted and Becky are pretty awful friends as well.

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
harddaysknight, i can say one thing about you

you either love or hate your stories, there isn't middle ground. their either a major cuckold or a man.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
I like self redemption stories a lot

When a man who is shit upon goes forward and improves his life. That aspect of this story I found the most compelling.

Your skill as a writer shows through with good grammar and spelling. The conversation seemed a bit stilted, but I've written worse.

I didn't like the ending.

Thank you for writing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 13 years ago
I Love The' Passive Assertiveness' Aspect of this story!

This is a fable for modern man- the moral of the story being that when you like those dead sexy , oft prone to being a bitch , high maintenance women ( as I do) you have to make like a duck going upstream /

Calm on top , paddling like hell underneath ! In addition you have to be excellent in order that you merit demanding in turn that your " alpha bitch" treat you like a man in full. Its not achieved thru brute force and raised voices. The narrator lost his way from this code then found it and didn't stop till he had what he wanted on his terms. He put himself in a position to be a cuckold (did he deseve it per se ?Hmmm... debateable) in the beginning but by the end he deserved her full fidelity ,love and perhaps of most import....her respect!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 13 years ago
I wonder

I really have to wonder about the commenters who gave this story glowing reviews. The husband was a wimp who I couldn't like. His wife was a bitch who deserved to experience some real consequences. She deserved to be divorced and then treated like the slut she is. I think most of the people who commented on this story have no dick and no brains.

KenjinnKenjinnover 12 years ago
meh...

it was okay but I think he should of broken Jacks jaw, divorced the whore. basically blow the lid off that crock of shit.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...