All Comments on 'Got To Get You Into My Life'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 101 Comments
InkentInkentabout 2 months ago

As always, an enjoyable stylish read, thanks. INKENT

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 2 months ago

Well done! I’m a huge fan of your stories. Please keep writing.

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGabout 2 months ago

HDK, you’ve been one of my favorite authors on Lit for a long time now. This story, though - just might be your best so far. Not what I was expecting, for sure. Thank you for continuing to write! Five stars

K.K.K.K.about 2 months ago

Another enjoyable read from one of the site's best authors.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 2 months ago

HDK's usual dopeness. Five stars, of course. Randi.

stev2244stev2244about 2 months ago

Wow, that was charming, sweet, entertaining, very good and still quite HDK-ish. Great read.

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsabout 2 months ago

Wonderful story. There's always a twist in your stories, and I love it. Five stars, obviously. ~~JB

amyyumamyyumabout 2 months ago

Totally improbable but original and cute story; 5* from me. I have several questions, though; Why have you deserted the Loving Wives Category? Why is there no Beatles song title? Why are you so impressed with big knockers? Isn't a nice shapely ass better than big knockers? JBOL

Pinto931Pinto931about 2 months ago

Good story unfortunately with a ridiculous ending.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 2 months ago
Fun Story!

BTW Amy the title is a Beatle song (and a good one). Plot fits the title nicely as well. Great to have a new HDK story today!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Really great story!

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 months ago

I'm on page 4 and I just KNOW you are going to do it again. Your going to end right at the moment the conflict is resolved. There will be no falling action and resolution. I'm commenting now because you made me like you and I don't want to bitch you out anymore.

Still doesn't mean I won't be pissy about it. (Wink)

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 months ago

It is so good to see new story from you. Excellent in all ways, as usual. 10 out of 5.

DruisiuilDruisiuilabout 2 months ago

Not going to rate it. You usually do much better

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftabout 2 months ago

Reading a new HDK story — what a great way to kick off my Sunday morning. Loved the two MCs. However, you have made them so likable and interesting that your story is practically a promissory note to write a sequel about them. Please tell us what happens next! :) Cinque Étoiles from me.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 months ago

Great story, HDK, and a very nice twist to bring things back the needed question (and her answer) at the end. Thanks for such an enjoyable story and for participating in Randi’s event. 5*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Great story, as usual! I'm glad you used a Beatles song title.

5

HDVictory1HDVictory1about 2 months ago

I for one love the quirky ending, it so fits with this genre of HDK stories. The beauty of them is even when you know how they are going to end, you still wait for the punchline. Kind of like watching Rodney Dangerfield perform comedy. By the way, for Amyyum, this is the title of a Beatles song........

nestorb30nestorb30about 2 months ago

story was good until the last page, not a fan of public "oops" to restore a romance

linnearlinnearabout 2 months ago

It's always a pleasure reading one of your stories.

froggytreefroggytreeabout 2 months ago

Good story, but I found it hard to like the Sandy character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Took you long enough to tell the most predictable story possible. You should be embarassed considering how long you've been writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good Story. Pity about the classic car error. (Alfa Romeo not Alpha Romeo - the Alfa stands for "Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili")

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 months ago

5 stars!! Thank you.

The ending seemed a bit rushed and a bit off, especially with his response to her ghosting him for so long. But overall great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What a terrific way to close the story: "That should be as clear to you as those big knockers on your future sister-in-law's chest". Simply hilarious. Sure would be nice if all award ceremonies were as uproarious! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This felt like a platform game, with the author skillfully jumping from cliché to cliché.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good till the end. Marry me? They haven't hardly dated and seemed to have not even slept together? Way to rushed at the end..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You ruined it at the end. Great story till then.

Pete_from_aus01Pete_from_aus01about 2 months ago

Sandy got off a bit easily for mine. If she jumped at shadows before marriage, what was she going to be like afterwards? Otherwise nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wie immer eine sehr lesenswerte Geschichte. Die Art des Heiratsantrags ist schon sehr spektakulär und sicher nicht jedermanns Geschmack.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 months ago

So very much misery in the news these days. It’s best to avoid the media and stick your head in The sand for a while to escape this madness. OR you could read any of Harddaysnights stories. Thank you for the escape hatch on our daily grind.

jsh1138jsh1138about 2 months ago

The constant information dumping is kind of clumsy

AlluredAlluredabout 2 months ago

Thats one way to do it!!! Such a treat to read a story of one of the people who I believe is one of the legends on this site, thanks again for the entertaining story. Hope to see some other works from you this year.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 months ago

A great story set in the world of sales a romance. 5*

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 months ago

I was going to comment in another language, but then I realized I don't speak another language. Your loss. In English then, I'll just say that it was an enjoyable tale well told.

Hooked

TeslerTeslerabout 2 months ago

I don’t know how you do it but once again your corny tales brought tears to my eyes at the end. Thank you for a great story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 2 months ago

This was so well thought out and plotted, it wouldn't have needed HDK's excellent writing skills to be good but added to such a fine plot made it an exemplary story. 5 big stars.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 months ago

Fun read, thanks for sharing.

stewartbstewartbabout 2 months ago

Knock Knock on heavens door - here's a "5" !

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

Beautiful love story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 2 months ago

Wonderful story. Even though the likely ending was telegraphed, I enjoyed every twist and turn of this love tale as I rode along on their romantic journey.

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 months ago

Well done, they have some stories to share in their old age.5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A good attempt from a LW legend. Where it goes south for me is the "act first, think later (if at all)" approach of Sandy to Mark (and, apparently, others) shows no change throughout the tale. Indeed, her intended purpose in the final scene is to heap public humiliation upon him for crimes only her over-wrought imagination can contrive. Meanwhile, Mark shows the patience of Job while repeatedly coming to the rescue, figuratively and literally, of this basket case.

Yep, why settle for crazy when you can go for full-bore, bat-shit crazy? Who wouldn't want to wife that up?

Omart57Omart57about 2 months ago

Thank you, HDK!!! Great story!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 months ago

A well written tale for our enjoyment. Obviously our lady MC is jumping to conclusions without checking things out. After all you was informed by he would be getting together with is brother in Hawaii so why would she jump to conclusion when he was cheating when she heard his surname from the young lady?

You would have thought she knew Mark better than that after working with him over a month. But that's the way our author wrote and he sure wrote it well describing the business attitudes and all. Well done and good read. 5 stars

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 months ago

Well done, sir!

Very well done.

ohioohioabout 2 months ago

Another great HDK story, though it's disappointingly lacking in fag cuck shit. Perhaps that's because it's in Romance, rather than Loving Wives. In any event, it's not hard to see why HDK is such a cheerful fellow: everyone he know, and everyone in his imagination, is unbelievably attractive, charming, witty, competent and decisive! (They do tend to jump to the wrong conclusions at times, though.)

Thank Goodness there are still some Beatles song titles left--all of us HDK fans can hardly wait for the next story!

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It was interesting until the trash ending. Over the top and oversimplified. How can you have a relationship with a woman that refuses to communicate? Like that wouldn't create resentment. Also, it was almost painfully obvious who Brittany was. Overall, it had potential but ended disappointing. At least for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A home run! Well played.

OldHistoryGuyOldHistoryGuyabout 2 months ago

I’ve read most of your stories here and enjoyed every one. This one is no exception. Well done and thanks.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

Five stars, but gotta hit you with a big continuity error. The driver's door was wedged against a tree, so he ran around to the DRIVER'S side? And why is the shifter being in Park a problem? In our car, shifting into Park releases the door locks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The elements are there but it never quite outruns the cliches. Most of the adult characters act and speak like fifteen-year-old edgelords trying hard to be funny, and the main players are pretty hard to like. Coherent plot but that's about it.

ThebiffThebiffabout 2 months ago

Enjoyed the story but loathed the ending I’m afraid.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Been a while since you wrote this long of a story. As a regular troll of the romance genre, this tale hit all the major high points for a romantic story. True, there were uncharacteristically a couple editing misses but not enough to slow the momentum toward excellence. 4.9*

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 months ago

A well written yarn ( I can confess I didn't pick up on who Brittany was dating) . Well written but the ending had its problems. If the family knew the truth about why Sandy was upset , it would be cruel to set up public humiliation like this for her. Also why would Mark bring Brittany to this event, she is his brother's girlfriend, not wife.

While Sandy behaved poorly, especially since she and Mark were not even beyond first dates, it wouldn't end like this. She would feel humiliated and would run out and leave, having been embarrassed in public and I don't think Mark would be happy either, especially given he had saved Sarah's life and Sandy continued to ghost him;.

Great writing overall but the ending left me flat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good start, dumb ending. Miscommunication or lack of communication is a lazy plot device. Oh, Gee, if I had just said this, asked that, didn't delete that message, let him/her explain, etc. What a weak minded way to Try to create drama and suspense. The drama and suspense is: How stupid does the author think we are? You can write better, and your readers deserve better.

34dein34deinabout 2 months ago

Good beginning but the story got away from you from middle to the end. You really dropped the ball, just a bunch of nonsense and gibberish

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 months ago

Excellent story, thank you! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 months ago

Great start but ending a little disjointed and not convinced the final sentence was called for. Still a solid 5 ⛤

looking4itlooking4itabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed it and mistakes can happen but to confuse a character as a neice and granddaughter in the same paragraph is shameful.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 2 months ago

Very entertaining, odd error but the best story you have written for a while. Thank you

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 2 months ago

Entertaining but a bit flat. It's hard to imagine how a woman of obvious intelligence and two college degrees can make a conclusion on the basis of a combination of a state (Hawaii), which is not the biggest, but which attracts more approx. 6 million visitors a year, and a name (Reynolds), which is not very rare, without even checking if she got her assumptions right. But even a stupid mistake can lead to a nice story ...

DwarfLord50DwarfLord50about 2 months ago

I don’t really have anything to add that others haven’t already said. I enjoyed the story, but the ending was too abrupt. Personally, I enjoyed the mix-up with Brittany. The last few paragraphs didn’t do your story justice.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 months ago
I

Think it was a good story. I'm not an English teacher so I'm here to read and see if it works and it does for me. Good job. Thank you

Eske999Eske999about 2 months ago

I always like your work (well almost always), and this one reads like a forties rom com

JensensloverJensensloverabout 2 months ago

Boring, longwinded sales training manual. Didn't get past page 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Run! Don’t just walk away from Sandy. Sarah would be a better choice!

Arinderk75Arinderk75about 2 months ago

I agree with Anonymous. Sarah should have been the one Mark fell in love with. Sandy's lack of being able to think rationaly, make poor, spur of the moment decisions,; and be just plain stupid makes her a prime candidate for being a cheater in a future marital relationship. Does Sandy really have the maturity and common sense to take over her grandmothers' company?? Look out Mark!!!

DoctimeDoctimeabout 2 months ago

Alll talk and no action. This is Literotica not Better Homes and Gardens.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

Liked the story, but I honestly think you rushed the ending, keeping it at 4 rather than your usual 5 stars from here.

It wasn't easy to make the decision, but I thought you had a GREAT tale going until the last couple of paragraphs, and for me, it just kind of tailed off weakly, in comparison to the great writing up to that point.

That being said, I still look forward to new stories from you !

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

Should have picked Sarah. Sandy has mental health issues.

Covert43Covert43about 2 months ago

Picked the wrong sister and that ending was just abrupt, it was an alright read despite those 2 (in my opinion) failings

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

3*

UGH. The ending. I need insulin stat.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamabout 1 month ago

Yes, loved it, worth a Five and Fave. Excellent characters, well written, so I suppose I could reluctantly accept another few chapters of these two and their families.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 month ago

I love this story . Excellent work, HDK! 5 STARS.

olddave51olddave51about 1 month ago

Great story

Sandy has shown she can change with help from Grandma and I see grandma doing it again

She always felt like an ugly duckling That's a hard self concept to shake. Mark has shown he is a good man he will help her improve her self image. Mark will never be interested in Sarah

Think about a continuation of the Mark and Sandy story

I give it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Dude, you have written over 200 stories, you have no excuse to write an ending that bad.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

good general plot but very sophomoric dialogue and situations.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindabout 1 month ago

Loved it, until that set up on the last page. The idea that Sandy would torpedo Grandma's event rather than just refusing to take part was one step too far for me. While I'm commenting anyway, there seems to be some confusion in the early chapters regarding Sandy's relationship with the boss. Did I mis-remember or is she apparently her grandma's neice?

PepperMW1965PepperMW1965about 1 month ago

Well written, humorous, and great read. Thank you for again sharing a wonderful story.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 1 month ago

Great story and very well developed. Five stars and thanks.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy29 days ago

A little over the top but it was well written with enjoyable characters and storyline and humor. Most importantly I was entertained throughout the reading! Well done!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Good thing for you that your reputation precedes your story because it really is mundane at best. Your sentence structure is poor. Even on the last page you write: the woman who left in an upset condition. Did you mean the woman who left upset? Because 'upset' is a condition. I would have thought that by now you would have found yourself better editors.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Clichéd and badly edited with poor grammar throughout but the isual suspects came charging out to kiss your senile ass. You need to stop. Please. You're no longer relevant. I've commented anonymously because we all know what a vindictive little shit you are

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

What a cheap finish... could have been writen by any 16 year old girl.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight26 days agoAuthor

Holy shit, Batman! Someone pissed Iin anonymous' cornflakes. He is a good writer begging me to just stop this shit so that he may flourish without being forced to read my stories. He remains anonymous because he fears my vindictivenes, even though I'm a little shit. I am not vindictive. The last prick who stated that has been banned from Lit as well as my fan club. No one will believe this, but I didn't have this story edited. It was totally created by my rather brilliant mind. That same gifted mind is working on an incredible LW story even as we speak and hurl insults. I welcome comments by anonymous readers, but when they say that they fear me, I worry for their sanity. Paranoia is a serious condition unless someone really is out to get you. Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoy this shit... a lot.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Wow, could this have been any worse? Tired, trite, telegraphed from page 1 despite a poor attempt to create some doubt and tension. It seems that you've run out of ideas and that's ok. Everyone gets to an age where it's easier to rehash than to innovate.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight25 days agoAuthor

Anon, Thanks for making four comments in such a short time. One of my pleasures of writing is receiving comments. Thanks also for making allowances for my advanced age and reduced cognitive abilities. You'll miss me when I'm gone!

newford9bnewford9b23 days ago

Despite what "Anonymous" keeps typing (I'm surprised he/she has the ability to type), the story is just that. A story, nothing more nothing less. A piece of fiction, a tale, something from the mind of one who gifts things for lesser mortals to enjoy (or not, in the case of "anonymous"). To those people who don't matter, I enjoyed it, so there. Suck it up if you didn't like my response

tnaFTWtnaFTW22 days ago

Thanks for the stories boss! To the toxic cowards who flame you under the Anonymous name, get a life!

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Definitely one of the better stories, popped in all the right places except at the end. Just didn't feel that the characters would have done that OK public.

KY XtianKY Xtian14 days ago

I'll lay out my criticism up-front. The ending was a little rushed and forced, and it felt slightly anticlimactic. With that said, the rest of this story was lovely, romantic and enticing. The end lead right to where I expected it to. Harddaysknight is a consistently solid writer in this community and among my favorite authors. I'm glad to see him make an appearance again.

Morty2003Morty200310 days ago

Brilliant story thankyou for the read will you be making a book 4 of the lady in red in the near future it had me hooked from the start and loved every second of it

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
786
Ask Me Why 
4.59
998
661
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
620
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
841
More Stories