Got To Get You Into My Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Could you take the time to introduce your family and employees sitting at your tables, Mr. Reynolds? It always good to know the people who helped make an enterprise successful."

Mark hadn't heard anyone else asked that question but thought it was a decent idea. His guys deserved some recognition. He had each person stand as they were introduced. When he had Brittany stand, he introduced her as Brittany Roberts before he looked to his mother who was next in line.

"Just a moment, Mr. Reynolds, Sandy interrupted. "You failed to mention what connection Miss Roberts had with your family or business. Can you tell us more about why such an attractive woman is at your table if she isn't an employee or family? She must be something special to you."

"She was at the restaurant!" Brittany loudly whispered as she recalled the woman who left in an obviously upset condition. Brittany tried to determine what it was that had bothered the woman so much. What was the conversation about that day?"

"That woman's in love with you!" blurted Brittany quite loudly to Mark. "It's as obvious as the nose on her face, if you'll pardon the expression."

Sandy easily heard Brittany's comment and felt challenged by the beautiful woman. "We can't all be supermodel material with perfect faces and bodies. Some of us have to work for what we get."

By this time Brittany had put the puzzle together. This was the woman Mark had been pining over all spring. She had dumped him because she thought Brittany was sleeping with Mark and hoped to marry him. Mark was clueless.

"Miss Phillips, you've already succeeded in your major goal," Brittany announced to the room. "Mark walks around like a zombie, a zombie in an unrequited love affair. Mark's brother, however, thinks I'm absolutely gorgeous and that makes me very happy. He's asked me to marry him and will be home next week with a ring.

"You want to know something? I'm going to reward his love for me every way I can possibly think of. He's worth it. I'll be proud to be Mrs. Brittany Reynolds, the wife of Jeff Reynolds. He's a United States Marine on active duty.

"Mark thinks you're the most beautiful thing on the planet. What do you do about it? You broke his heart. I heard how he went way above and beyond to help out you and your sister during that big blizzard last winter. If your goal is to embarrass or hurt him in some way, I'll be all over you. Mark and Jeff are as tight as two brothers could possibly be. Anyone coming after Mark is coming after Jeff and me."

Sandy was stunned by the blonde woman's revelations. She had gone to Hawaii to see Mark's brother. Mark wasn't sleeping with her. She told the room that Mark thought Sandy was beautiful. The idea of making Mark admit that he was a two-timing cad had blown up in her face.

"Mr. Reynolds, I apologize for my behavior this evening. I was way out of line. Congratulations on your much deserved award," Sandy managed before taking a step toward her seat.

"Just a minute!" Mark's words made Sandy stop and turn to face him. "You asked me a few questions. Wouldn't it only be fair if I asked you one or two?"

Sandy nodded and stepped back to the microphone. "Yes, again I apologize. What are your questions?"

"Miss Phillips, are you in love with me or not?" Mark demanded. The entire audience let out a collective gasp at Mark's question. Mark's mother had a smile begin to creep across her face while Sarah and her mother appeared ecstatic.

"That really isn't the sort of question one is asked at an event like this," Sandy began.

"Miss Phillips, do you love me?" Mark once again demanded.

"So this is your revenge for me playing the fool? You want to humiliate me in public? I'll play along," Sandy declared. "I deserve it, don't I?"

Mark fixed his stare on Sandy as she worked toward her response. She stared back at him.

"To answer your question, you bastard, I'm hopelessly in love with you. I've never felt anything like this before. I behaved like a foolish schoolgirl and drove you away. Does that answer make you happy?"

"Actually, it does. I have just one more question. Then I'll stop tormenting you," Mark stated nervously.

"This has got to be good," Sandy practically sobbed. "How much more do you want from me? One more question and then I'm leaving. I didn't come here tonight to expose my weaknesses in front of hundreds of business associates. I'll answer one more question and then we'll be done with each other."

"Okay then," Mark agreed. "Sandy Phillips, I love you like I never thought possible. Will you consent to be my wife?"

Sandy actually staggered when she heard Mark's comment and question. She suddenly felt dizzy. Sarah saw her difficulty and rushed to her side to steady her

"Sis," Sarah spoke into the microphone. "Mark and a hundred other people are waiting for your answer. Do you need time to think about it?"

"I'll marry you. I'd love to be your wife. That should be as clear to you as those big knockers on your future sister-in-law's chest," Sandy declared as laughter and applause echoed around the room.