Gotta Pay the Piper Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Derek agreed. "Now you know what it means to be part of a group. I was a simple critical care nurse looking at retirement. Living out here in the peace and quiet. I gave up some peace and there is definitely no quiet, especially around the house but I can tell you it has been totally worth it. I'm just an ole Cajun boy having fun. I got a family plus a lot more than I would have ever imagined. I advise you to go along with the flow. See where it takes you. Have fun and live the good life. Now let's get us a couple more deer."

I grinned and took him at his word. I drove home happy that evening. Once again Robin did not grace my bed. I was a little relieved even if I was a little horny. The part that bothered me most about all my interaction the past few days was Lenore. I thought about her constantly. I felt guilty because she was one of Derek's women. It was just not right to do that to a friend.

Thursday Derek and I skinned and processed the deer we had shot and let age. A friend of Derek's, John Dubois, was there to help us this time. He had shot a deer that morning and had the carcass hanging to age. Derek told me he met John through his wife who ran the parish slave induction center. John was a nice, down to earth guy. He accepted me with a grin and a handshake. "No, he does not know about your syndrome. He probably does not even know who you are." Derek told me off to one side. "John is just a good guy you can trust. A friend."

It was Lenore who bothered me but in a good way. She had been to the house every day saying she had a few more 'touches' to do. Once I had agreed to let my name be used with the turbines, it seemed like I was constantly asked to pose for a photo or sign something. Lenore acted as Lou's liaison for all those details. Once there she stayed around to visit. Of course I did not mind. I loved having her near.

Early that morning, Lenore had a request. She pulled up a site online and told me she wanted me to study the material. It was about slave ownership. I asked her why. She smiled and said, "I have a plan." That was good enough for me. I read over the material. A half hour later I told her I was finished. "Seriously? Do you think you could pass a test on what you read?" I nodded. Of course I could. She drove me downtown where I actually took an exam. The examiner said they rarely had someone get a perfect score. I asked Lenore why I was taking the slave handler's exam. I had no slaves nor did I intend to own any. "Part of the plan." she said cryptically. She refused to explain."Later" she said.

I was photographed, fingerprinted, had my DNA sampled, and my retinas scanned. At the end I was handed a plastic card similar to my driver's license and concealed carry permit. "Put that into your wallet." Lenore said. I told Derek what Lenore had me do while we worked that afternoon.

"Yeah, the women think it will give you more validation of your competence. If the state says you can own a slave you can't be so inept you can't take care of yourself." Derek said, grinning. "I am curious though. You and your wife had money. Why did you not buy a slave or two? Like for housekeeping or maintaining the lawn?"

I told him Christine thought we should be capable and willing to take care of ourselves. We should do our own laundry, cooking and whatever else we needed instead of relying on others. That philosophy went right along with us working and not being rich entitled assholes. I told him I did not even hire a helper in Christine's last days. We did have a private nurse who administered the necessary pain medications but Christine's personal care, bathing and all, fell to me.

Derek nodded his head for a few seconds as he thought about what I said. "Damn! I know that was tough. I have taken care of many patients. I mean their total care. But it would be extra hard if it was a loved one. And you were doing it 24/7." He mentioned how he could go home when his shift ended and have a break. I shook my head and told him it was never a burden. It was a duty I was happy to do. Never a burden. He clapped me on the shoulder and stepped over to check some meat we had stacked in a tub. I saw him lift his shirt sleeve and dab his eyes. We dropped the subject.

Friday morning, Lenore showed up like usual. Robin had already left to go to school. "You have more investigating to do into my finances?" I asked. "Or are you just trying to get out of your real job?" I was joking, but Lenore's facial expression changed.

"I wanted to spend time with you, Bas." Lenore said, quietly. "I'd ask you out on a date, but I seriously don't know where we might go. You cook better than most of the restaurants in town. We could go dancing, but I'm not sure you know how. I'm not that good at it either. I just like being with you."

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Derek had joked she was interested in me. I knew I was interested in her. I was seriously at a loss here. Christine and I had just sort of clicked when we met. I had never had any experience with dating as such before her. Even when we went out and did all the the things people do when they date, it was effortless. Totally natural.

I looked at Lenore, wanting grab and embrace her. A flashing thought that she was one of Derek's women stopped me. "I love being with you, Lenore." I said, sincerely. "I think I know what you are saying. But you belong to Derek. If it were anybody else in the world, I would go after you in a heartbeat but I can't do that to him. I like and respect him too much." I was not prepared for her laughter. I was dismayed. Had I misread her? Was she laughing at my misinterpretation of what she said? I turned beet red with embarrassment.

"You dumbass!" she said, laughing. "Don't you know Derek is fully supportive of us getting together?" She grabbed me in a tight embrace. "I am NOT his. I'll tell you everything he and I ever did if you really want. I will say I am part of the Hacienda establishment but a free agent. I make my own decisions. Derek said he told you that."

That lead to some serious discussion. She assured me she had wanted to get to know me from the minute she met me. She was not at all happy about how Robin and Joanne were trying to railroad me. "I'll admit, though. I have worked to manipulate you myself. Not towards me but to independence. I wanted you to decide to take control of your own life. If you want me in it, great. I hoped I read you correctly and you were interested in me." I assured her she had.

We did not immediately go to bed. Part of me wanted to exactly that. The rest of me just wanted to let this beauty who I had only known a week know how utterly smitten I was. "I've been as impulsive as you Bas." Lenore stated. "Not jumping into bed with a guy, but making a quick decision. I made one to join the Hacienda. That turned out to be one that worked out well for me. I hope my wanting to be with you is as good. I think it is. But having stated my desires, I don't want to fuck it up. Pardon my language. I promise to be with you whenever I can so we can let a real relationship develop. Is that okay?" I told her of course it was.

"Have you really been thinking about me?" Lenore asked. We were sitting on the sofa in my living room almost embracing as we talked. My stupid ass blurted I even envisioned her while having sex with Robin. I immediately cringed. To my relief, she laughed. "Bas, I love the thought you were picturing me. I am not upset you were screwing another woman. We had barely known each other at that point. But I will say this. I will not touch another woman from this point on without your explicit approval and consent. Oh, I misspoke. That makes it sound like sex with men is still on the table. I have not touched a man for well over a year, almost two. I have got myself off and have played with a couple girls. That has been my sex life." I told her I want to hear some of that story when we finally do have sex.

"So you like girl/girl sex, huh? " she giggled, coyly. "I am going to ask you to take a leap of faith." she said. "I want you up and dressed by nine in the morning. Derek and I will be here to pick you up. I'm not sure if Wanda will be with us as well." I asked her what it was about. She said it was a secret. I shrugged and accepted her answer. I assumed I would find it beneficial.

Robin arrived home after her classes, obviously happy and excited about something. Her spirits dampened when she saw Lenore emerge from the kitchen carrying a couple beers. "Oh, I saw her car and figured she was just going over your paperwork. I'm happy because I'm pretty sure I aced my exam this morning." Robin said. I congratulated her. When Lenore excused herself to go to the bathroom. Robin leaned close and whispered. "I'm in the mood to celebrate. I thought we could go to bed and play a little before Joanne gets here. You think Lenore might want to join us? She's hot! I know the girls out there at the Hacienda are all either lesbian or bi. They were candid about that last weekend." I told her I did not think that was a good idea. Part of me thought it was a VERY good idea. My jeans got very tight in front. Robin noticed and gave me a rub and a big smile. "Oh well, maybe some other time." she suggested coyly. She went to her room.

When she returned, I told Lenore what Robin had said. "Yeah, we make no secret we get it on with each other. Derek has a strict rule of no sex with other men. And my role as an unofficial slave while there meant I followed all his rules and obeyed the free women. Actually Caroline was, well is over me too. Caroline is head girl. She gives orders and can spank any of the slaves' butts if they do not do what they are told or just mess up somehow." My hard-on returned. Lenore grinned. "I'm a little submissive when in slave girl mode. Robin knows that. I'm sure it came out last weekend with all the talk. I really do not want to let her to think she can dominate me at a whim. The first time we go to bed, I intend it to be just us." She rubbed my cock through my pants and kissed me passionately. I almost came right then. Lenore accepted my invitation to stay for supper. I was glad. Joanne arrived and I anticipated she and Robin would try to convince me to sign the contracts. I did not want a confrontation tonight. I whispered that to Lenore. "If I had not told Derek I'd be home tonight, I'd stay over and protect you." Lenore whispered back. "From them, anyway." she added with a leer.

After supper both Robin and Joanne disappeared into Robin's room. I did not see either of them the rest of the night. I was ready on time the following morning. I walked out to meet Derek as he and Wanda got out of his vehicle. Lenore drove her own car and parked to one side.

"Okay. When do you guys let me in on this big secret?" I asked. Derek said in about a half hour. He wanted to talk a bit where my daughter and Robin could not possibly overhear, so I drove my car with Lenore as my passenger and followed Derek to a local coffee shop.

"We are going to a slave sale this morning." Derek announced. "It is the general consensus you need at least one and preferably two or three slave girls to help you around the house." He grinned at my astonishment. "You can put them to work at home or at regular jobs and of course you'll collect their paychecks. That is the other reason you got the slave owner permit other than just prove the state considers you competent."

I looked to Lenore and she nodded and smiled in agreement. I capitulated, admitting it might help but for one little issue. I was broke. I barely had enough money on hand to put gas in my car let alone buy a slave. Derek's smile grew wilder. "Well, Lenore just happens to have some money in her purse. It is a portion of your sign on bonus for your part in the wind turbine project. The rest will go to pay bills and much of your debt next week. Lenore will take charge of that and will help. That keeps your daughter and that other girl out of the picture. You will have access to your money like you should."

"But I only finished the one program." I said. "When Clarice finishes that testing I will change the parameters. I'm almost finished with another but have to run it for flaws." Lenore told me this was just the sign on bonus. They had already began to advertise I was on board and part of the company, so I would be paid accordingly. "Well, I guess we can go to a sale and see what they have. I'm surprised I'd have enough to buy a single slave at the auction. I went once just to watch and the prices were a lot more than I wanted to spend. Christine wanted to see an auction. She had only heard about them. We were glad we left Joanne at home when they trotted out all the naked people."

"Well, this is a private company that organizes the sale, not the parish auction." Derek reported. "It is to sell slaves the owners do not want, not like the state auction. The prices are much less."

"Why would I want a reject? A possible problem child her owner wants to get rid of?" I asked. "Wouldn't that be asking for trouble? Like buying an old second hand car that might be more trouble than it is worth."

"Nope. I know you read the slave rules. The introduction states how people become judicial slaves. They are all convicted of a crime of course, and one severe enough to warrant enslavement rather than a fine. Many become property of the state but about half or better are given to the person they wronged as restitution for damages. That is how I got my first couple slaves. Rhonda and her daughter, Caroline. Wanda here was awarded to Sarah because of a financial loss from an investment scam. We got Wanda set free when we proved she was innocent. Her lawyer who more or less railroaded her to take a bad plea deal was awarded to her." I sat, awed by the story.

"Just for full disclosure, that lawyer is my ex-husband. I'll tell you the details sometime." Lenore reported.

"Let me explain how the sale goes. You will primarily find men and women who were awarded to their victims. Many of those people really did not plan nor want to be slave owners but they took the slave anyway because that is all they would get as compensation for their loss. They'd rather have the money than the slave. Some of the slaves we'll see are indeed problems for their owners. The key is to distinguish the difference. I bought a few of my girls there. One time, I even bought my first wife when she got convicted of drunk driving and involuntary homicide. By pure coincidence she was there when I went to the sale. Her owner understandably did not want the woman who had injured her and killed her sister around her home and family. So the woman's husband sold her to me. " Derek began chuckling as he recounted the memory of how his ex about shit herself when she saw who bought her. Wanda was laughing as well.

"I want to explain the process before we get there. First we pay an entrance fee and you register as a buyer. We'll look around. There are men in one room and women in the other. They will be standing naked with their necks shackled by their collars to poles. Their hands are tied behind their backs. They are not allowed to cover up and you can bet they would like to be able to. Being new slaves, most are pretty humiliated being nude in public as you might imagine. Last time I was there, they used zip ties which are cheap and easy. Some of the big slave centers use manacles, but that is as much for show as anything else. Each slave for sale will have a little placard telling their crime and length of enslavement. It might have other details as well. Like former occupation. Or you can just ask them. That knowledge is useful if you plan to put the slave to work and not just use him or her as a toy. I assume you will want to only consider females." I nodded.

"That is all I would really consider myself. I would not want some of those men anywhere around me or my family. I have helped a friend of mine buy male slaves for work crews for his landscaping business. The women get a lot more attention and go for higher prices but sometimes you find some great deals. I lucked out but I was very selective as well. Now don't be put off if you see what looks like a lot of competition for a woman. Particularly if she is cute. Many of the guys are just there to look and fondle a woman who can't say no. It is cheap entertainment to pay the cover charge to enter and then spend a few hours checking out the merchandise. Just remember that most of the owners would much rather not go home with their slave. They have to pay a stiff fee just to submit the slave for sale. If the slave is sold, they also pay a ten percent commission to the company hosting the sale. You will pay the standard thousand dollar fee to transfer ownership to you. At the state auction, the fee is included in the bid. So we will consider that in our offer. Any questions?"

"Only about a hundred." I said. "but I can ask you there." Derek agreed but said not to say anything in front of the slave owner unless it is to negotiate a lower price. He told me we will look around and meet to discuss prospects. I was to play along with what he says. " I may talk some bullshit to get a better price." Derek said with a smile. He was looking at this like a game.

As we drove to the sale, I asked, "Lenore are you sure you don't mind me buying a slave? I mean a female slave? I know it is early in our relationship and we are just getting to know each other but I don't want anything in the way. We can stop this if it might be an obstacle."

"Bas, no slave girl is going to get between us." Lenore said. "I am sure I can compete with any of them. And this could be profitable. Hopefully it will even help your cash flow." I was relieved. "I'm thinking we need to take our relationship to the next level anyway." Surprised, I glanced sideways. She was watching for my reaction and smiling brightly. I smiled back. "I know only yesterday I said we should go slow and let things develop. Well twenty four hours is long enough for me." she said with a chuckle.

I was glad Derek had oriented me to the sale before we got there. We paid our entrance fee and Derek took me to the office to register as a buyer. While I was looking over the 'inventory' they would confirm my status since I was a first time buyer. The agent handed me a paper with a set of rules for the sale. All transactions had to be cash or a previously approved line of credit with a bank. Checks and credit cards were not accepted. "The seller goes home with cash in hand." Derek explained.

We paused to look over the men available. "What are those things hanging from some of the men's collars?" I asked.

"Cock cages, male chastity devices. They are usually fastened onto rings locked around the slaves whole package. But with it removed you can see his junk. Once locked up in one of those things, the slave cannot even masturbate. It not only prevents the slave from sexually assaulting someone, letting the slave out of it can be used as a reward for good behavior. Pretty good incentive as you might imagine. Many of these guys are destined for work crews. They are in for a rough time. Sometimes a poor worker is used for sexual relief by a good worker. You can bet some of them are going to find out what it is like to be used orally and anally before this next week is up. All they have to do is step out of line a tiny bit. The slaves are as cruel to each other as the owners. I have a friend who owns a pansexual bar downtown. One of his slaves used to work on an oil rig crew. He told some stories that will make anybody cringe, slave or free. Violence like fighting is stopped by the shock collar. Then the slaves are whipped. And like I said, good workers often get to use a poor worker as a reward.

I shook my head at the image. I was not even interested in reading some of the placards in front of the nude males. Several of the slaves glared at buyers walking around. Some looked terrified. A few had erections. I counted twenty five males for sale from where I stood. Each pole had a slave attached. Despite the ventilation I could smell the stench of sweat and fear.