All Comments on 'Grace and Mrs. Miller'

by Briterotic

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 2 years ago
The feel of the fifties

My late wife was a journalist, always working on local newspapers, and she commented on the smoky atmosphere in the newsrooms. But then, this was standard fare in almost any workplace in the 1950s (an oxygen mask was necessary when entering my first boss's office). As someone who was there, I think you've captured the feel of the fifties very nicely in this enjoyable story. There's one minor quibble which is probably the result of your perhaps typing too quickly: in your penultimate paragraph, "Grace... becomes an award-winning investigative journalist on a national newspaper" while "Beatles-loving Grace... becomes a magazine's fashions and features editor". Apart from that, a five-stars tale.

BriteroticBriteroticabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks Moanaigh, I’ll rectify the error. And thanks for your kind comments.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 2 years ago

Generally a good story. Nice period feel. Perhaps a bit stilted convo once or twice but the entirety of the story more than made up for them. Very nicely done!

Lancashireman63Lancashireman63about 2 years ago

Brilliantly well written, very true to the era depicted.

Heybuddy65Heybuddy65about 2 years ago

This was very entertaining. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 2 years ago

Indeed, five stars. The story evokes both the elatedness of finding new love, and the almost suffocating atmosphere of the fifties where women (and men) needed to be so careful to love who they loved.

Only_connectOnly_connectabout 2 years ago

Style a little bit clunky... If we are in 1950's Britain, you wouldn't make a point of saying so, would you, as if the narrator is in the present day? Not sure I've expressed that very well. Anyway, a creative and engaging story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dr beulahthemick; Brilliant, great story, typical of the time, certainly how women dressed. My mum told me that my nan, (her mum) insisted that she wore a `panty-girdle' for a job interview so her bum didn't wobble to much and give men the `wrong idea' about the sort of girl she was .

AliceGeeAliceGeeabout 2 years ago

An enjoyable story with a positive outcome. I liked your attention to detail on the ladies apparel and the wearing of stockings. My only slight criticism would be that you seemed to get the ladies names mixed up occasionally but it did not detract from my enjoyment of the tale.

BriteroticBriteroticabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your feedback Alice. You’re quite right, I did refer to Carol as Grace a couple of times. I submitted an edit yesterday but it can take a few days for it to be republished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for an enjoyable story, yes the odd mistake but for me no distraction from the enjoyment.

FandeborisFandeborisabout 2 years ago

A wonderful romantic tale set in a time most of us only read about, God I wish I could say that!

This was a great story, good character build up, the usual disdain for women loving women, and an ending more than few could emulate. The characters were believable, only one surprised me, Patrick. I didn't get all the clues about state of their marriage. Apparently they did have feelings for each other. Still, he handled it like a gentleman.

I wasn't looking and therefore found no flaws. ;) I read for the entertainment value. I'll let the other commenters raise their disdain for your writing prowess.

You got the full monte, 5 stars. looking forward to read more.

ArkingArkingabout 2 years ago

First of all 5 stars. I loved the story, loved the detail in the way you described their attire. Although the 50's were a half generation before me, I can remember watching my mum dress to go out on occasions, and you just about got it right. Well done.

For a 'straight male' you have captured the love scenes rather well and the sex scenes between to novice's even better.

I must admit I got a chuckle when you you described one climatic scene as 'and came like a loose shutter clattering in a gale force wind.' I remember those days.

I did enjoy your writing skills, and encourage you to explore more adventuresome storylines between two women. Looking back to the 1950's from 2022 they seemed to be so civilized when it came to divorce.

ArkingArkingabout 2 years ago

First of all 5 stars. Loved the feel of the 1950's although I was a generation later I can remember my mum getting dressed to go out and you did that wonderfully well.

As for a straight male describing two novice women making out for the first time, you did that rather well too. I'm sure your wife is well sated from all of your attention.

I will be reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! thank you for writing that, it was wonderful! Dont worry about any of the nit picking from some of the commenters, it was so authentic and immersive. I have always wondered what i was like to be a lesbian in the 40's and 50's and feel like this was a really good approximation of how it really was. All that hiding must have been terrible, depending on where you live and what kind of parents you have it can be bad now, but back then it must have been like a minefield back then, however your way of making us feel there love for each other and their sexual awakening to who they really were was nothing short of wonderful, thank you!

TrilloTrilloabout 2 years ago

A beautiful story With exciting Interludes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh for the days when the highlight of any six month span was the lingerie section in the newest Sears catalog (especially the girdles and stockings, and/or the models posed in pairs or groups.) And yes, it's a wonder all we last-born boomers haven't died of lung cancer from the omnipresent cloud of tobacco smoke.

Very ertotic, well told story. Five stars.

naomi_cnaomi_cover 1 year ago

I love this - combining beautiful eroticism with the strains and constraints of lesbian love in the inhibited world of post-war Britain. It makes one thankful to be living in the age we do, for all its darknesses...

Tjhank you

Naomi

roveroneroveroneabout 1 year ago

Loved the characters and how their relationship progressed, very hot, love the fact so far removed from today's bald smoothness.

Easy 5,fave,follow, and promising Similar Stories/tags

roveroneroveroneabout 1 year ago

Just re-read this...loved Grace's first ever wanking, and their first fingering of each other to big O's...really really hot...and you being British can use word cunt freely and liberally...American writers never use it...

This needs to go into my Best Ever folder

BriteroticBriteroticabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks for your feedback Roverone, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fantastic.Love reading stories set in the past.The 50s must be one of my favourite eras(even though I was born in the 60s) and reading about sexuality in that decade is very arousing.Loved your description of the lingerie of the time.Again very arousing. Keep up the good work.

Twowayman62

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Such a lovely and beautiful story full of love and pleasure. It was so ice to see how their relationship progressed, I really would like to read a second part of the permanent lesbian relationship between Grace and Mrs Miller. One older and one younger geaply in love.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It´s very beautiful written and the best I have ever read about lesbians deeply in love. Please write a second part of Carol and Grace and their life together. as a couple. They still together after 20 years?

Beejay3Beejay39 months ago

What a glorious coming together of 2 lost in the woods women looking for love which spectacularly

unfolded for them in. a Mutual sexually, fashion.

Such love!

TThanks for this

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBriterotic@Briterotic
Hello to anyone that might read my stories, Update 19/3/24: Hi, the follow up to ‘Real Lives, Imaginary Lovers’ should be published tomorrow morning (20th). It’s called ‘Real Lives, Incestuous Lovers’ and it follows a developing sexual relationship between a mother and her ...