Graduation Summer Ch. 03

Story Info
Bill and Rita begin their summer journey.
6.6k words
4.78
12.8k
5

Part 3 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/12/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
32aa
32aa
450 Followers

There's no sex in this chapter. Bill and Rita take a step back and begin their summer journey from friends to best friends to lovers.

Be patient, there will be plenty of sex in coming chapters. Trust me!!

I woke around 7:45 deeply refreshed as my mom drove out the driveway on her way to work. I laid there as the past twelve hours replayed in my head, a bit of last night's glow still in me.

I got dressed and went downstairs for some cereal. There was a piece of paper on the table with some chores my dad wanted me to take care of. At the bottom of the note was a sentence in my dad's handwriting, "Got in a little late last night?" Fortunately, the list kept my mind off everything and I was done with the chores by noon.

I had just sat down to have my lunch when the phone rang.

"Hello."

"Bill what did you do after you took me home last night?"

Cindy.

Alarms went off in my head. She knew I had gone to the party. Probably knew about the 'game'. Hopefully she didn't know about Bev or Rita. Probably not a good idea to deny anything, as it will only make matters worse. Will have to see where this goes. I guess juicy news travels fast. I wonder who called her.

"I went to the graduation party over here in the woods."

"Even after I told you NOT to?"

"You didn't say 'Not to'. If I remember correctly, your final words were, 'I don't want to hear you went to the party' ".

A slight technicality I thought, but reasonable.

"You KNOW what I meant!!! Was there beer there and did you have some?"

"Yes and yes. But only about one and one half cups."

"Who was there?"

"Bev and Gordon, Dick, CC, Judy, Bonny, Chris, Rita, a bunch of jocks from the football team, and other of my friends."

"So! There were a bunch of girls there? What were THEY doing?"

Hmmm. She knew about the 'game', This is not going to end well.

"They were just kind of standing around. Visiting with everybody. Stuff like that."

"Were they kissing any of the guys?"

"I saw CC kiss Dick."

"Did any of them kiss you?"

Uh Oh. Here it comes.

"Yeah. But it was just part of a game. It was all done in fun. No big deal."

"Fun huh? No big deal? How about when one of them grabbed you?"

Hmmm. Not only knew about the game, but also some of the details. I was in deep shit. This is not going to end well I thought again.

"That got a bit out of hand. They had done the same thing to other guys before I got there."

"But you didn't try to stop her? Who was it?"

"It was CC. And they said 'no touching'. So, there was nothing I could do about it."

"What do you mean THERE WAS NOTHING YOU COULD DONE ABOUT IT? YOU COULD HAVE LEFT!!" she yelled through the phone, "I can't believe you did this to me. I feel like such a fool. How many other times have you messed around behind my back?"

"Cindy Calm down. Like I said, it was just a game. All done in fun. I didn't do anything I wouldn't have done if you had been there." Seemed like a reasonable statement. At least to me.

"How would you like it, if you had heard I was with some of my friends, and guys were kissing girls and one came up and kissed me, and squeezed my boob?"

"Probably wished I would have been there. Sounds like a fun time," the words escaping my mouth before my brain could shut it. I hate it when that happens.

"Bill, I can't believe you did this to me. I thought you loved me. That we were going to be together all the time you are at school," she sobbed into the phone. "Or were you planning on dumping me just before you left, so you could mess around at school? Or were you just going to see other girls at school behind my back?

"I don't think I can trust you anymore!!!

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!! DON'T CALL ME!! GIVE MY RING TO YOUR SISTER AND I WILL GET YOUR'S BACK TO YOU!!"

Click. The phone went dead.

I went over to the table, sat down, took a bite of my sandwich, and stared out the window. I had just been dumped by my girlfriend. Yeah, I had cheated on my steady girlfriend- kind of with Bev and most definitely with Rita. I knew that she would've never done that to me. I had made her cry and broken her heart.

Taking another bite. What was I going to do? I could give it some time for her to cool down? Give her a call? Apologize? Grovel? I hadn't meant to hurt her. Yeah, I did cheat on her. But did I really want to get back together? We told each other that we loved each other. But did we? How much of your first 'teenage love" can be genuine? Was it all just hormones? Was it the excitement and thrill of the stuff she would let me do for the first time?

Taking another bite. I then realized I wasn't all that upset. Deep down, maybe even a bit relieved. Was it because of what Rita had said about going off to college with no strings attached? To be free to see and meet new people and not feeling guilty? Would Rita go out with me now? She said she would have if I didn't have a girlfriend. Could I ask her out now? But more importantly, I would hope she wouldn't think that I was expecting a repeat of last night, which I wasn't. I'd be happy just to hang out together. Not date. Just do things together: movies, bowling, and miniature golf, go out for a pizza. As friends. Stuff like that.

I just hope that ominous note from my dad didn't mean I was getting grounded, or something.

Maybe life wasn't so complicated. I should call her as I finished my sandwich.

.................................

Rita was awaken by the phone ringing down in the kitchen at around 9:00. Jumping up and hurrying down the stairs.

"Hello."

'Well, did you use it?"

"Chris. Do you know what time it is?"

"Well, did you?"

"I can't talk about that over the phone."

"That Good, huh? I'll be there in fifteen minutes. You go take a shower. Probably need one. Oh, and leave the side door unlocked. I'll let myself in and THEN you can give me ALL of the details."

Fifteen minutes later a grinning Chris was standing in the doorway to Rita's bedroom looking at her best friend in her white panties as she pulled her top on over her braless breasts.

"Well. Did you?"

Rita looked at her and smiled.

"YOU DID!! I want all the details. But first, how big was it?"

For the next hour, or so, Chris got ALL of the details.

"So, are going to go out with him?"

"No. He's got a girlfriend, and I don't want to get in the middle of that," sighing, "Besides, I told him that I'm not looking for a boyfriend".

"But you could just be friends and maybe mess around a bit", Chris grinned, "That could make for a fun summer!"

"I don't know. I couldn't do that to him. I'd feel like a slut, and he'd be cheating on his steady girlfriend. And if he would do that to her, that kind of tells me what kind of guy he REALLY is. But...," Rita smiled and giggled at the thought, "it could be fun."

"You'd have to stock up on a lot of rubbers", Chris added with a smile of her own.

"Let's get some lunch."

.........................................

"Hello."

"Rita? Bill."

"Hey there, what's up? How are you doing today?"

"It's Bill," She turned and whispered to Chris.

I could hear a muffled sound in the background. Must have put her hand over the mouthpiece. Chris had to be there. Details being shared.

"I'm doing pretty well. My now ex-girlfriend just called. It seems that juicy news travels fast. She knew about me at the party, the 'game', and being groped. The call ended with 'I don't ever want to see you again. Don't call me."

"And about us?"

"Never mentioned it. So, apparently whoever made the call to her, didn't know we left together.

"Anyway, the reason I called; would you like to go out Saturday night? I don't know what you usually do on Saturday nights, but I thought we could just hang out. Maybe a movie. I know you said that you are not looking for a boyfriend, and that's not my intent. I like you Rita. You made a lot of sense about going off to college with no strings attached. And you know, maybe that is why I'm not too upset about her breaking up with me. Hanging out as friends... Not dating... Just friends. Nothing more."

Muffled sounds in the background again.

.....................................

"He wants to go out with me Saturday. He says just hanging out. A movie, or something. As friends."

"Do it."

"I hope he's not expecting a repeat of last night. Or anything close."

"I doubt it. And if it turns out that way, you will know he's really is a jerk and not worth your time. But... if he IS sincere, why not? It sounds like he really likes you, and has for quite a while.

"Besides, what were you planning on doing Saturday anyway? Hang out with me? As much as I know you enjoy us hanging together. If I were you... go. We can hang out later. Besides, more details!!" Chris grinned.

.........................................

"OK. What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking of either a movie or going up to the lake and play some miniature golf."

"I haven't played miniature golf in years. Sounds like fun. What time?"

"How about 7:30?"

"See you then."

Well, that was easy. Life IS simple, sometimes.

..............................................

I was sitting at the kitchen table reading the paper when my mom and sister got home later that afternoon. My sister went up straight to her room. My mom put her stuff away and then came back to where I was sitting

"Got in a little late last night?" she started out.

"I guess a little later than usual. The last eighteen hours have been something else", I sighed.

"You didn't go to whatever was going on across the way, did you?"

"Well, not right away."

"Oh my. OK. What happened?", as she sat down across from me.

"Well, after Cindy and I left here we got into an argument. I wanted to go over there and she didn't. I had never been to something like that and wanted to see what all the laughter and noise was all about. It sounded like fun. I kind of recognized a couple of the voices. Besides, I figured if it was to wild and out of control, we could just leave. She wanted no part of it and got really mad and told me to take her home. When we got to her place, she just got out of the car, slammed the door and marched into the house not saying a word. On my way back I was still ticked and decided to go over there anyway, probably out of spite."

"So, who was there? Was there drinking? And, what do you mean about what happened? What did happen.? Was it bad?"

"There were about 20 or so. The ones you would know were: Gordon, Bev, Dick, Pat, CC, Chris and Rita. And yes, there was keg and a bon fire. And Yeah, I had a beer. Actually a beer and a half. Cost me five bucks for a cup and a half."

"Chris and Rita? That surprises me."

"Surprised me too. Rita seemed fine, but Chris was swaying a bit. Not much. Just a bit.

"Anyway, short story," taking a deep breath, "there was a drinking and kissing game that had been going on earlier with some of the other guys. That was what was causing all of the noise we heard. Four girls would blindfold a guy sitting on a tree stump then sit on his lap and kiss for a bit, and the guy had to guess who it was. If you got it wrong, you had to take a big gulp. If you got it right, you got a quick make out session without the blindfold. There was a rule that there was no touching by the guy. I was the new guy there so was corralled into participating. Seemed like just fun. Nothing serious. I lost the first round. Anyway, Cindy found out about it, from who I don't know. She called here around noon and told me she didn't want to see me again. I guess that kind of news travels fast.

"But you know, after thinking about it, I'm not all that upset by breaking up", I sighed as we sat there in silence for a few moments more.

"Well, just between us, I never cared that much about Cindy. She just didn't seem that warm and friendly to either your dad or me. But, you were happy so, I stayed out of it, but felt you could have done better. I'm not nuts about the drinking part. But then again, teenagers drinking beer at secret parties, having innocent fun, has been going on for a long time since before you were born. But, you said you only had a cup and a half?"

"Yeah, but there's more."

"Should I turn on the coffee pot?" she smiled.

I just shook my head.

"After they were done with my turn at the game, I was really embarrassed. I looked over and saw that Chris and Rita had watched the whole thing," I sighed. "I just wanted to crawl into a hole. I turned and headed back to the truck, intending on coming home, I got about half way to the truck when I heard Rita call to me. She asked where I was going and I told her I was leaving. She could tell I was embarrassed. She said she wanted to leave too but Chris was having a good time and asked if I would take her home. So, I said yes."

"What time was that?"

"I don't know exactly, maybe around 10:30, or so. On the drive to her house, we just chatted about stuff then I asked her if she was hungry, which she was. So, I mentioned a pizza."

OK, I lied, a bit. But I could sense I had to fill in the two hours, or so, from the time we left until I got home. How would you explain the two hours? What if she put together the timing of the car going up the road about that time and not returning for about two hours and our leaving?

I continued, "When we finished I took her home and we stayed in her driveway for a bit. We kind of messed around a bit. We expressed our feelings for each other over the past few years. Clearing the air on some past issues we had. She said she didn't want a boyfriend especially going off to college. That she wanted to enjoy college life with no strings attached. Plus, she knew I was with Cindy."

"Smart girl. I've always liked her. She was funny and caring, and cute."

"Yeah. Maybe that's why I'm not all that upset with Cindy breaking up with me. Now going off to school now with no strings attached.

"So that's why I was a bit late last night."

"Well, I am glad you helped her home. Can't say much about the driveway thing, but it's past. I think Cindy over reacted. If you give it some time and apologize she might get over it, that is if you wanted to."

"The thing is, I'm not sure I want to. Besides," grinning, "I have a date with Rita Saturday night. I made it very plain that it's not a real date. That we'd be just hanging out, as friends. Going up to the lake to play some miniature golf."

My mom laughed, "You certainly didn't waste any time. But I'm glad for you. Have a fun summer. You know, you're going to have to explain all of this to your dad when he gets home?"

With that she got up and went into the other room and turned on the TV as I finished reading the paper. No mention of the mysterious car that drove past the house last night. Maybe, just maybe, I dodged that one.

Little did I know, but my sister was sitting at the top of the stairs and heard the whole thing. She was two years younger and we were never close. Kind of tolerated each other. The thing was, she was a friend of Cindy and I knew Cindy would be getting all of the details. OH WELL! Not my problem, anymore.

When my dad came home, he went out to the barn to feed the cows. I joined him and got the same question, which I knew I would base on his note, "Got in a little late last night?"

I went through the same series of events as I had with my mom. He kind of asked the same questions. Except, he mentioned the mysterious car driving past the house and asked if knew anything about it. All I said, was I hadn't noticed anybody leaving before us. Which was true. He chuckled and said he was tempted to walk up there and bang on the hood of the car. My heart skipped a beat, or two.

He basically had the same comments as my mom regarding the drinking. But said that if I'd been stopped by the cops I could have been in real trouble, but added I'd done the right thing in getting Rita home safely.

He didn't say anything about the time in Rita's driveway. But I sensed that he felt it was my decision, to let it go and not lecture about the fact, that at the time, I had a steady girlfriend.

My parents knew Chris and Rita pretty well and liked them both, as we all went to the same church. My parents were advisors to our youth group. I think the fact that they were both at the party kind of surprised them, but refrained from making any judgmental comments.

He chuckled when I told him about the five dollars for a cup and a half of beer, but left out the part where at the time I didn't care as I was still feeling the effects of my make out session with Bev.

He had the same reaction as my mom when I told him about my date with Rita, and was glad to see that Cindy was history. He also agreed that Rita was right about going to school without any commitments. "Smart girl" was all he said.

Life was good. I wondered if they were going to compare notes. Probably.

We all sat around the dinner table that night like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. My mom talking about her work. My dad his. A passing mention about the rumor they had each heard at work about a senior beer party in some nearby woods. I said nothing. My sister just glared at me. Oh well.

The next few days passed slowly. I had a job part time at a local grocery store along with a couple of the guys that were at the party, including Gordon. These were the same guys that educated me on the clitoris when I was going out with Cindy: what it was, where it was, and what to do with it. A lesson that I made use of on many occasions and hoped some future occasions would be there too. I don't think he knew how much Cindy and I had messed around. I didn't really care. I knew that he and Bev had messed around a bit, but not to the point of sex. Her parting comment to me that night,"We could have had fun" crept into my brain. I smiled.

While we were stocking shelves one night, Gordon asked me if Cindy had found out that I was there without her and why I had left so early. I filled him in on the fact that she was an ex-girlfriend and made up an excuse that I left because I wasn't feeling too good. I did mention Rita and I were going out the coming Saturday.

"Way to go!" as he gave me a 'high five'. He knew Rita, as he was also part of our church group. I noticed the two of them had gotten along pretty well.

I came home Friday night and found my class ring on my desk on top of a one word note, "JERK!" Oh well, as I put it on my finger.

Saturday night finally rolls around and I am excited! My first 'date' with Rita which really wasn't a 'date'. As I drove to her house, I made a promise to myself to not push the boundaries. I didn't know if our passionate time together was a one-time thing or if there was the possibility that it might happen again. I didn't want to assume anything and would just let things play out as low key as she wanted. I understood the 'boyfriend' thing, and was ok with it. I was also ok with just a good night kiss. Heck, I would've even accepted a handshake if it meant future times out together. The goal for tonight was to have fun together.

Rita's mom met me at the door and let me in. I didn't see Rita, but heard sounds upstairs.

"Thanks for bringing her home the other night. It sounded like you were in the best shape to safely drive," she quietly said.

"I was glad to have been able to do that for her, and, that we had a chance to talk. Should have done it years ago."

"Yeah, she told me. I'm glad you two worked things out. She also told me about your girlfriend, I guess 'ex-girlfriend'. I think she over-reacted. But her loss is my daughter's gain," she said smiling at me. Suddenly, her face got a bit 'serious', "Even though she's eighteen and will soon be going off to college, she's still my baby. Please don't hurt her. I also know she doesn't want a 'boyfriend. What about you? Are you looking for a 'girlfriend'? Or is just a 're-bound' thing for you," staring right at me, trying to read my thoughts.

32aa
32aa
450 Followers
12