Grandpa and Sugar

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That night in bed, as he ate me out, Norman said, "I don't want to know our child's gender before it is born. I like the way it way it was when you had to wait to find out."

I told him I could live with that. Then, as he slid into me he added, "When should we think about a name for if we have a boy or if we have a girl?"

As I could feel my orgasm approaching I said, "Not just now." Then I groaned out loud as my orgasm hit, which in turn drew Norman's cum out of his body and filled me up.

When we had subsided from our peaks I said to him, "You know, Grandpa, it is a good thing you can only get pregnant once at a time, or you might have just given me a second baby." Then I turned on my side, pulled him around me, and drifted off to sleep.

When Sophia and Jenna came with me to my first examination by Dr. Asbell, the obstetrician, they were as delighted as I was. But when I took them next door to Doctor Willfong's office they became quite nervous. But the nurse who took them back to the examination rooms made them relax. And when they met Doctor Willfong, they were put at ease by her easy-going manner.

Sophia wanted me with her for the exam part, so I stood behind her with my hands on her shoulders until it was over. I then stepped out until she was once again dressed. Jenna did not want me or her sister there for the exam, but was glad we were there for her when she came out.

I led them to Dr. Willfong's office, and told them I would meet them out in the waiting room when they had learned what Dr. Willfong would discuss with them about birth control methods. They sat as I left. Twenty minutes later two pensive young women found me and we went to my vehicle. I took them to a Panera Bread Company store for lunch. We bantered lightly but did not talk about anything related to their visit to their new doctor.

That night, after dinner, Sophia wanted to talk to me privately. So Jenna cuddled up with her father in the family room while I made cold drinks and we went to her bedroom to talk. "Mom, I really was scared about the exam part, because the doctor was going to see a part of me that no one else ever has. But she made it so easy."

"I'm glad to hear you say that, Sophia. Do you have any questions for me about any part of your visit to the doctor?"

"No, Mom, but I think you should talk to Jenna. She was tense during the whole birth control discussion. I didn't know what to do for her, so I held her hand. I don't know if that helped her or not."

I led her back to the family room where she traded places with Jenna. I led Jenna to her room and just held her. I could feel how tense she was, but she eventually relaxed in my arms. Then I kissed her on the lips, to let her know that this was a celebration of sorts.

She said, "You know, Mom, Dad held me just like you did. He also kissed me like you did. But I couldn't relax until you held me. And I'm glad Sophia held my hand while Dr. Willfong talked about birth control methods, because I was about to freak out."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"Sure, as long as it's with you, I can do that," my younger daughter said.

"What bothered me most was having the doctor examining parts of me that I have never seen. Of course, she was sweet and gentle, but if felt so strange. And then to have that talk just made it worse. I'm glad I have you, Dad and Sophia, because you all give me the love and support I need."

"I understand, honey, and I'll love you like always. So will Dad. And your sister should be the rock you rely on when you can't talk to us. Let's go back out. I want to talk to all of you, now," I said.

We all were gathered in the family room. I sat on the sofa and gestured for our daughters to sit on either side of me. When we were all settled I addressed my husband, "Our daughters have been upset by their first gynecological exam. I know you love them and want to comfort them. For now, though, we need to have a women only discussion. Do you want to go out or anything?"

Ever quick to catch my meaning, Norman said. "I think I'll go get us all some chocolate ice cream. I'll be gone for about an hour. Will that work?"

Three yes votes later he left the house, drove off, and left us there. Jenna giggled, "Elvis has left the building."

Sophia and I burst out laughing, and Jenna just joined in. After a few minutes I said to them, "If you think that exam was hard wait until you want your boyfriend to eat your pussy for the first time. Letting a man look at you down there is much harder. But if you want oral sex, and eventually you will, you'll endure it. And it is not really embarrassing; it is just something you've never done before. You'll have several gynecological exams in your lives, my daughters, so just let them happen."

"Mom," Sophia asked, "Did you freak out at your first exam?"

"No, honey, because I had an older friend with me who had already been through it herself. Just think: if this baby is a girl, one day one of you might have to go with her for her first exam, especially if I'm busy on the maternity ward. Or maybe both of you might go with her."

Jenna asked, "Do boys have to go through anything like this?"

I told her, "No, they don't. Their exam is most likely a check for hernias. They should be tested for STD's before they have sex with any female; but they don't. It's unfair, I know. But life isn't fair."

"Can we talk about the choices of birth control methods? I was confused by it all," Sophia said.

Jenna said, "Me too."

I will answer any questions you have that will tell you about the methods. I won't influence your choice of one method over another. And I would prefer that you not talk with each other about which method you intend to choose. This should be your own choice, freely arrived at, without outside influence. However, despite what you may hear politicians say, abstinence is not a choice, because it leaves you vulnerable to what some guy thinks, and guys are not reliable."

"We hear you, Mom," both girls said.

I said, "If either or both of you choose birth control pills, then you will have to tell me, or Dad, when you need a refill. Otherwise, it is your private business. Oh, you are scheduled to meet with Dr. Willfong, separately, next week to make your selection. You can ask her anything you want about your choice and she'll tell you what you need to know. Listen, ask questions, and choose what works for you."

Suddenly the hour was up and Norman was back with a half-gallon of chocolate ice cream. We all met up in the kitchen where the ice cream was served and we enjoyed the rest of the evening.

The next day I had an extra long shift at the hospital because of two moms who came in during the early afternoon, each six hours into labor and almost fully dilated.

When I finally got home those wonderful daughters of ours had made us homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Norman had been asked to bring home loaves of bread from an Italian bakery, and he had turned one loaf into homemade garlic bread.

It was a meal too high in carbohydrates for the adults, but our daughters, who were very active in sports at school, just burned right through the carbs. After the leftovers had been put away and the kitchen cleaned the girls made a special request.

"Mom, we would like to volunteer in the maternity ward at the hospital. We want to see what it is that you do there, and we want to help the women patients."

Norman spoke up, saying, "That is just the sort of thing young ladies your age could do to make a difference. You'll be sixteen, soon, and will be able to drive yourselves to and from the hospital. As long as your grades don't suffer, I'm all for it. I'll even pay for cabs to take you there and bring you home, when necessary."

I said, trying to hold back tears of pride, "I'm sure the hospital would be happy to have you two volunteer anywhere. We don't ever have enough volunteers. Come to work with me tomorrow and we'll see if it can be arranged."

In bed that night I told Norman that we were extra blessed to have these wonderful daughters. He said that he hoped the new baby would be a girl, too, because girls were fun to raise.

As the months passed into late spring and early summer, our daughters turned sixteen. We had taught them how to drive cars with a standard transmission, and when they obtained their driver's licenses we bought them a good used Land Rover of their own. They now could drive themselves to school, to the hospital, and anywhere else that we gave them permission to go.

After three months volunteering on the maternity ward, Sophia elected to work on the surgery ward, while Jenna worked on the intensive care ward. Wherever they went, Nurse Woodson's daughters were made welcome and they quickly learned their duties and carried them out to the satisfaction of the doctors and nurses. I constantly received glowing reports on their rapport with patients and hospital staff.

One day the head of the nursing school called the three of us into her office. She addressed me first. "Nurse Woodson, your daughters are exemplary volunteers, and everyone they work with appreciates their work."

Then she turned to my daughters, saying, "Sophia, Jenna, if you would like to become nurses like your mother, I am prepared to hold two places for you for the fall after you graduate high school. And I am prepared to offer you full-tuition scholarships should you choose to study with us, as your mother did. You have two years to think about this, and it will not reflect negatively on your mother if you decide not to accept this offer.

"But you are those rare people with great empathy for the patients combined with great dedication to the work, and we would be honored to have you. Just let me know your decision within one week of your high school graduation. If either or both of you decline, that will allow me to offer your place and scholarship to someone else. I'll look forward to hearing from you."

Did we walk out of her office? Did we float out? None of us could say. We just suddenly found ourselves at home, grinning from ear to ear when Norman arrived. I let the girls tell him the news as I just beamed with pride.

"Well," Norman said, "I just always knew my daughters were special, and I am so proud that the people at the hospital know that as well. This calls for a celebratory dinner. Where shall we go?" he asked, knowing full well what the answer would be. "Outback," the girls replied in unison. I said, "Let's go."

As we ate the girls talked about the idea of taking up nursing careers like mine. "Don't get us wrong, Dad," Sophia said, "We would gladly consider working in your business. But as long as we've known Mom, she has been the person we most wanted to be like. This would be a chance to live that ideal."

Jenna said, "Besides, we haven't worked in your business. We know nothing about it. And helping other people seems like a worthwhile career path."

"Well, my beautiful and amazing daughters, I can't fault your reasoning. If you want to learn about my business, I'd be happy to show you. But you are your mother's daughters: caring, compassionate, and wanting to make this community a better place. My business is not about that. So if you both want to become nurses, and you want to take the hospital up on its offer, I say that they had better watch out. The two of you could set standards so high few other students would be able to match you." With that he hugged each twin and, when no one was watching, kissed her on the lips.

Our daughters each wrote a letter of acceptance to the head of the nursing school. Then they applied themselves to their studies as late Summer turned into Fall and I waddled through my work, preparing for my own stay in the maternity ward. On November 5th of that year our daughter Angelina was born. Two loving parents brought her home to two eager, older sisters. I was sore, but proud of my newest daughter.

The day after Angie was born, I had the twins join me as I nursed the baby. As I did so I spoke to them. "Sophia, Jenna, this baby, born of my body, is not more important to me than you are. I love you all equally. Should I become so involved in Angie's life that I seem to forget you, just remind me of this conversation.'

"Gee, Mom," Jenna said, "You never had to nurse us or change our diapers, so how could we be jealous of you doing that for our sister. And for the record, the idea of having a baby sister is as exciting to me as anything could be."

Sophia added, "Mom, you loved us long before Angie became possible. And since we are too old to be jealous of her, we only want to do whatever we can to help take care of her. Having a baby sister, after sixteen years of just having Jenna, is like a bonus. I love both of my sisters."

I thanked them both. Then Angie chose that precise moment to burp her agreement with her twin sisters. Everyone giggled except Angie, who elected to fall asleep.

The time flew by. The twins graduated high school and we had a big party for them. Little Angie cheered her older sisters at the party. Then, before we knew it, it was time for them to start nursing school.

One day they came home with strange expressions on their faces. It was my day off so I watched them walk in and knew that something had happened. I hugged them and asked if they wanted to tell me what the problem was.

Finally Jenna spoke, "There is this one guy in our class who is an absolute asshole. He just decided to grope us without even asking if we were interested. Sophia broke his nose, and I kicked him in the balls. He threatened to have us arrested."

I said, "Tell your father when he comes home."

"Tell me what?" Norman asked, having come in just behind the twins. So Jenna repeated what she had told me. He hugged the twins and told them that they had done well to show the asshole that such behavior is not acceptable.

"Meanwhile, if he does try to have you two arrested, call me immediately, and don't fuss with the police. I'll take care of that. There is no way that any charges will ever stick. I love you and I'll be there for you."

Fortunately, the other guys in class with them made protecting our twins their mission. And word eventually filtered up to the head of the nursing school, who summoned the student and security to her office.

To the student she said, "Because of your behavior towards the Groves twins, I am rescinding your enrollment in this school, and canceling your financial aid. You have five minutes to gather your personal effects.

Officer Pendley will escort you to your locker. You may leave your textbooks there. Then he will escort you from the building. Any attempt to resist and charges will be filed against you with the District Attorney, both by the school and by the Groves twins. If I were you I would leave this community and never return. Officer Pendley, remove this trash from my office."

Pendley replied, "With great pleasure, Madam Chairwoman." Then the office was once again hers, alone.

Little Angelina Groves was a delightful addition to the household. She rarely fussed. She loved her Momma and Poppa, and adored her older sisters. Even when she hit what was supposed to be the "Terrible two's," she was just too sweet.

She especially loved the fact that Momma or one her sisters would give her a bath, just before bedtime; and then Poppa would carry her to her bed, tuck her in, and read her a story, just as he had done with her Momma at that age.

At two and half she was enrolled in a Montessori day care center that had replace Kinder Kastle as the preschool/day care center of choice. Angie made friends easily, and always was first to help a classmate who was struggling. And if a child got hurt, Angie stayed with that child until adults came to take care of the injured student.

These traits stayed with her throughout her elementary, middle school and high school years. Gifted academically, a natural athlete running track and swimming, she was the natural choice to be valedictorian of her high school graduating class. Her older sisters and her mother took the day off from their respective nursing careers to be there for Angie.

Now 90, her Dad was brought in by wheel chair, pushed by his devoted sons-in-law. He knew that he might not live to see her graduate nursing school as her mother and sisters had done before her, yet he knew that she wanted that as a career. So her graduation present from him was a fully paid tuition voucher to any nursing school in the state. Along with that there was a present of a voucher for all of her textbooks from her mother and sisters.

Her Mom, at 48, had retired from active nursing 10 years earlier and accepted the chairwoman's position at the nursing school. In seventeen more years she would retire completely. She knew that Norman would probably not live that long, but she would treasure every day that she had with him. Pleased that her twins had loving husbands and solid careers, she could devote herself to Angelina without hesitation.

When Angie stood before her fellow graduates, she smiled and asked, "Why do they call this commencement, which means beginning, when we are ending our high school careers? Is it because we are about to begin the next phase of our lives? Is it because we are now free to do what we wish, instead of what others have told us to do?

"No! It is because the world is now in our hands. WE will determine, over the next 50 years, what is important, what is unimportant, and who will be the leaders of business, industry, entertainment and politics. If we like something, others will too. WE will set the rules. WE will even change the game, if we wish. WE will control the world's economy for decades to come.

"So that is why they call it commencement. To paraphrase Al Pacino in 'The Devil's Advocate,' it's our time now. If there is any inspiration to be had from my words, let it be to make the most of our time, not just now, but as long as we live. Thank you."

The ovation from her classmates and their families was deafening. All of us appreciated Angie's words. And she didn't stop smiling until we all went out to dinner and she had to use her mouth to eat.

As our meal concluded, Norman indicated that he wished to speak to all of us. He said, "I have had two daughters of my body, and four daughters of my soul. And there is not one that I have loved more, or less, than any of the others.

"But, Angie, you have lived up to your heritage beautifully. Now I don't know how many more years I will have with you sweetheart, but even after I'm gone I'll be only as far as your memories. Meanwhile I just want you to know that your old Dad loves you and I always will."

I said, "My darling daughter, you have made your brothers-in-law proud. You have made your sisters proud. As you just heard, you have made your father proud. And I don't have enough words to tell you how proud of you I am. Just know that you are always loved, and you are never alone."

Grandpa left us two years later. He did get to see Angie join me, and her sisters, as a nurse, before passing in his sleep.