Green Cay College Ch. 07

Story Info
The Village: Kjem gets what he needs at the video store.
5.5k words
4.81
2.9k
3

Part 7 of the 14 part series

Updated 02/17/2024
Created 01/18/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was almost noon when Beth was up and feeling enough better to head home, so Kjem bundled her and Megan into his moke and they headed into town. Both of them lived in West Village 10, the dorm nearest the harbor, so Kjem drove them there.

All of the student dorms were the same style, one-story buildings arranged as a square. An entrance on each side of the building opened into the central outdoor square, and each of the units opened into this. There were four single units on each side of square, split by the arched entrance way, and four double corner units. This meant that each dorm could accommodate as many as 24 students. Each dorm room had a small porch on the inside of the square, and a screened-in covered porch on the outside.

After parking at one of the entrances to West 10, Megan walked Beth to the porch on the room to the left of the entrance on the water side, and then into the room itself. Once inside, Kjem could see that it was a nicely organized studio flat, with a minimal kitchen area, dining/living area, and bed. One section of the room was separate and had a door, Kjem presumed (correctly) that this was the bathroom. The bed was in the back, next to a door that he could see would open out on the inside porch, in the central square. Pretty nice for a college dorm room, he thought.

His scoping out of the place was interrupted by Beth flopping onto the bed. "OK, I'm here, now get the fuck out," she said, mostly into her pillow.

Megan paid her no mind, filled up a glass with water from the fridge, and brought it to her. "Yeah, sure, after you drink this."

Beth flipped over onto her back and pouted, but sat up unsteadily, took the glass, and drank. She got most of it down, then set the partial glass on the night stand, and once again flopped back onto the bed with a groan. Megan pulled a blanket up from the bottom of the bed, and covered her. Beth curled up on her side, and clearly was headed for sleep.

"Well, that's her sorted, at least for now," Megan said, and then lead Kjem out through the back door into the square. There was a little table there with a couple of chairs, a potted palm, and a bag of snorkeling gear.

Megan headed across the square and unlocked a door that was apparently her room.

"I'd invite you in, but I need to crash too. She put her arm around his neck and drew him into a deep kiss, then asked, "You headed into town to check things out?"

"Yes, that's the plan," replied Kjem. "Any suggestions?"

Megan shrugged. "Just wander around and see where stuff is. It won't take long." She disengaged him, and then continued, "Oh, you should stop in at the video store."

"So I've been told. But seriously, a video store? What year is this?"

"Oh, this is not Blockbuster. You'll be surprized."

Kjem hopped into his moke and headed up the road past the quad, then parked at the library. It seemed to be the only two story building on the island other than the teaching buildings, painted yellow with big windows everywhere. He entered one of the main entrances on the roadside, and was surprised to see the building was vaulted inside, with offices and open rooms on the road side and ends of the building. There were balcony walkways overlooking the open interior of the building and the huge glass walls facing the decks (one on each level) that extended like a dock onto a small lake. The lower-level deck was right on the water, covered by the upper deck to create an indoor/outdoor space for a cafe/bar. The upper deck was festooned with sun sails and tables with shade umbrellas. The lower level, where Kjem entered, was divided into informal study areas, many of which were occupied.

Kjem's stomach rumbled loudly; yeah, time to get something to eat. He wandered over to the cafe on the lower deck, and checked out the menu. Pretty basic stuff, but he could get a burger, some chips, and a beer, so he was happy. He ordered, and was handed a number for the table. He walked up some steps to the upper deck to take in the view; there were flamingos, egrets and ducks on the lake, and beyond the lake was what looked like low trees and scrub.

He took a seat at a wooden bench under a shade sail, and put his number on the table. After enjoying the breeze for a while, his food was delivered by a very attractive student. He ate heartily, he was hungrier than he realized. The burger was great, definitely not prefab, and the beer was on tap rather than bottled or canned. He liked it for sure, appreciating the effort GCC put into good food even at a library cafe.

"If what I just saw is any indication, they're going to have to increase food shipments from the main island!" exclaimed an older woman as she helped herself to the seat across from Kjem.

She pushed a fresh beer across the table to Kjem, and from her other hand put down a glass of white wine.

"Hi, I'm Bernadette. You must be Kjem, the new biologist. What was that, three bites to finish that off, or was it just two?"

Bernadette looked to be about 60 years old, with long grey hair pulled into a loose, fuzzy ponytail. She was quite petite and wearing black capri leggings, a sleeveless t-shirt, a big floppy grass hat and big round sunglasses, which she took off an set on the table next to her wine. She then put out her hand to Kjem from across the table.

Kjem shook her hand, saying, "Yeah, sorry about that, I'm still unsettled from travel, and didn't realize how much I needed something in me."

"Well, you look like the calories won't do you any harm," she replied as she sat down. "New guy, hmm, I'll bet the eager young ladies have been helping you burn off whatever you eat, too."

Kjem blushed, and Bernadette laughed and took a sip of her wine.

"Things never change here, there's always a line to take the new guy for a test drive. I hope they're treating you right, wouldn't want anything broken!" She laughed again at his discomfort. "Take a drink, it'll give you time to think before you have to say anything."

Kjem did take a drink; it was the same beer as his previous one, so he knew she'd been watching him.

"So," he said after setting his beer back down. "You have me at a disadvantage. You seem to know all about me, so tell me about yourself."

"Ah, a good start, ask a lady to talk about herself rather than try to make the conversation about you. I approve. Me, I'm sort of a fixture here, been here pretty much forever. I teach fitness and health, so we should talk later about you getting more of the ladies in the water. But I also saw in your info that you used to be a cyclist. Again, I approve, although I have to admit that cycling has always been my weakest leg in triathlons. Maybe you can help an old lady get up to speed. Better yet, get some of the youngsters on the road."

"Hmm, interesting idea," mused Kjem, "I haven't had a chance to check out the roads here much, what I've seen looks good, but not much of it. I do have my bikes coming, but mostly for sentimental value, I hadn't really thought about riding much here. Let's chat more about it once I get settled in. I don't know how much time I'll have for all the stuff folks expect me to be doing."

"Sure," Bernadette replied. "I understand, but we will have that chat. Besides, some miles on the road might help you get trimmed up and ready for some of those extracurricular activities the young ladies will be expecting of you."

"Yes, well, we'll see," said Kjem. "In the meantime, who might be able to help me with info about the snorkeling and diving here? The shop next to my place seems to be set up as a workshop and boat house, but I haven't seen any dive gear, tanks or a compressor, and there must be some markers, or at least a map of sites? I'd like to get things sorted once I get settled in, before fall semester starts."

Bernadette took a drink from her wine, and replied, "Well, the tanks are in one of the sheds at the harbor, last I knew. You'd have to ask Hope or Beth where the rest of Eve's dive gear is now. I'm sure it's in good shape, she was anal about that stuff."

"I hope so, it'll make my life a lot easier if everything's in working order."

"So, you said you have your bikes coming. Your personal stuff isn't here yet?" Bernadette asked.

"Not yet, I just arrived a couple of days ago, my stuff isn't due for a week."

"Well, when you get your bikes here, maybe we can go for a ride together. Maybe we don't have to wait for the bikes for that ride?" she asked, and after a pause broke out laughing at Kjem's embarrassment.

"Seriously, did you just proposition me?" Kjem asked, figuring if she could dish out the straight talk, he should give it back.

"Yes, I did. But seriously, I'm not going to cut in line, I have the patience that comes with experience, or at least age. Just drop me a message when you have an evening free and you're well rested."

"OK, I will," replied Kjem, and meant it. With that, Bernadette turned to face the lake, and the two of them sipped their drinks in silence while watching the water, the birds, and the swaying palms. After about 10 minutes, they both finished their drinks, and Bernadette picked up her purse and stood.

"Kjem, I must say I've very much enjoyed your company. So many young men aren't able to sit, relax, and enjoy the quiet without filling to space with words and bustle. You're going to do well here. I have been pleasantly surprized."

"Surprized? Were your expectations that low?"

"Yes they were, actually. You were not on my list of good candidates for this job. Despite Lisas words on your behalf, I voted against inviting you for an interview. I am pleased to be proven wrong."

Kjem was taken aback. "Really? What made you think that way? Was there something wrong with my record?"

"Not your record. But this seems like a long discussion for another day. In any case, you have changed my mind, between your time here in your interview and our time together today, so maybe when we've had a chance to 'exercise' together we can chat about it? Maybe over some exceptionally good rum I've been saving for an occasion?"

Kjem was quite sure he hadn't met Bernadette during his interview, so he didn't know what to make of her comment about it. But it was clear she was putting him off for now, so he stood and said, "Well, I do look forward to seeing you soon, it seems we have a lot of talk about."

"Yes, and I look forward to this 'talk'. Very soon I hope," she replied. Kjem put out his hand, but Bernadette ignored it and pulled him in for a quick hug.

Bernadette then walked across the deck and down the stairs without looking back. Kjem stared after her. "Wow, even the old ladies here are hot!" he thought to himself. Then he gathered his glasses and Bernadette's wine glass, and dirty dishes, and walked them the drop off near the stairs.

It was just a hundred meters down the road to the "shopping center", a collection of shops in four buildings at the corner of the main road and the "bypass". Kjem stopped first at the liquor store and picked up a couple of bottles of rum and a case of the local beer. At the till, the young lady there asked for his ID card, which he retrieved from his wallet. When she tapped it to the machine, it rang it up and she did a double-take at the screen, and looked at Kjem for the first time.

"Oh, hey, you're new," she said as she handed his card back to him.

"Yes, I'm Kjem, the new Biology prof."

"Kjem, Kjem, Kjem, so now I know how to say it. You just get here, then?"

"Yes, just the other day. So how exactly does this card work for buying things? I've used it to buy lunch, but.... And, er, what's your name?"

"I'm Bobbie. The card is like a debit card, it just scans what you spent and it comes from your Uni account. I don't know exactly how faculty accounts work, but Deb at the video store can tell you all about it - she's the system guru."

"Yeah, I've been told I have to visit there. I guess that's why? Nice to meet you Bobbie!" Kjem said as he gathered his loot, and then dropped it off at the car.

The grocery store was in the building next door. It was fairly small, but it had a good selection of staples, fresh foods, and special items; nice cheeses, meat, seafood, chocolate, and even some very nice looking fresh bread. Kjem didn't really have a list, but he was able to fill a couple of bags of stuff that looked good. While the cashier scanned each item, Kjem surreptitiously checked her out. She looked familiar, and it didn't take him long to remember. He was pretty sure she was one of the girls at the barbecue, Kjem remembered her dancing. Naked. And worth remembering for sure.

"Oh, hey, nice to see you Kjem!" she said, after the finished scanning and looked up. Kjem literally shook his head to clear it of the memory of her hips gyrating as she danced, legs spayed and arms above her head.

"Hi! Nice to see you! But I have to admit, I don't remember your name," he replied.

"I'm Anne, I had a great time at your party! Maybe some time we can meet up for a chat, we didn't get much chance to talk yesterday. I'm a Bio major, I'll be in your class this Fall."

Anne was a thin petite woman, almost boyish, probably a sophomore or junior by the look of it, with short black hair. Her breasts were not at all boyish, large for her small frame, and clearly enjoying their bra-less freedom under her standard-issue green GCC T-shirt.

Kjem was still struggling with the vision of her at the party. "Yeah, sure, we should definitely chat. Maybe in a few days, after I settle in?" he stuttered. "What kind of biology?" he stalled.

"Oh, nothing specific yet, but more ecology/evolution than molecular/cellular at this point. That's something I'd really like to talk with you about, consider my options. Can I give you a ring after the weekend, then?"

"Oh, er, yeah, sure. Come to think of it, I need to sort out a phone number, my US phone doesn't have local service, and I didn't see a phone in my place."

"Oh, Deb will sort you out, you need a local phone. And a college internet account, email, and access to the local network. They should've set you up already, but Hope's got a lot going on just now."

"Oh, if Deb can get me set up, it's no problem. Sounds complicated!" Kjem replied. "Thanks for the info!"

"I'll drop you a line about meeting up when I see your number in the system! Oh, and remember to come shopping here at the end of the week, the barge usually comes in on Wednesdays, after that's when all the good stuff is here. By the beginning of the week the shelves can be pretty bare."

Kjem thanked her again for the info and walked out with his food, which he stowed in the boot of the moke. The door next to the grocery had a gaudy "VIDEO STORE" sign, under which was appended a smaller "Super-Offical GCC IT and Shit" sign. Both signs were faded and peeling. Kjem walked in.

Inside, the shop looked nothing like an old-fashioned video store. In fact, almost immediately upon entering, Kjem was confronted by a barrier in the form of a store counter; there was nowhere to go except right there. The small entry area walls were stocked with a variety of phone cases and accessories on one side and flat-screen TVs on the other. The counter was a glass display case, half filled with an astonishing array of dildos and vibrators. The rest of the displays contents were a mystery to Kjem, but he was pretty sure he got the idea. On the other side of the counter was a desk covered in electronic bits and post-it notes, at which sat a young black woman in dreadlocks, maybe 30 years old. She was slim but looked quite tall, Kjem thought perhaps she looked Jamaican. She was, after all, wearing a red, black green and yellow skirt and nothing else; she was topless, and her very nice tits hung and swayed as she hunched over a laptop and typed furiously.

"I be right with you, gimme a sec!" she said without looking up. Her accent confirmed Kjem assessment that she was Jamaican. A couple of minutes went by while she continued to work on her laptop. Half of her screen looked like code, the other half looked like a video call, there was a young woman at the other end, it looked like she was also working as she faced the camera.

"Ok, Ok, I think this'll do it," the woman in the shop said as she stopped typing and the code half of her screen flicked over to a spreadsheet.

The woman on the screen sat back and looked up. "Yeah that looks good, thanks Deb."

"No problem. Next time just ask me in the first place, don't try to fix it yourself. I'll do a scan and make sure all the other settings are back where they should be, too."

The woman on the other end of the video replied, "You're a lifesaver, Deb. So, yeah, next time I'll keep my mutton-hands off. I owe you a bottle of rum for sure! Thanks again!"

"You owe me ANOTHER bottle of rum is what you mean," Deb countered. "I'm off, someone's at the counter. Bye!"

The other woman disappeared from the screen, to be replaced by an array of little pictures and text that looked like an online store. Deb clicked on something, and the screen went back to a desktop covered in scattered icons. She turned to Kjem, and seeing him for the first time her eyes got big and an "Oh, jeez," escaped her lips and she turned her back and scrambled to cover her bare breasts with her hands and arms.

"Who the fuck are you? What the hell!"

"Oh, hey, I'm Kjem, the new Biology prof. Uhm, everyone's been telling me to come see you, I didn't mean to surprise you," he said, while she awkwardly pulled a bikini top on with one hand while trying to cover herself with the other.

"Oh, yeah, I guess I should've been expecting you, but you caught me by surprise," she said while continuing to struggle with her top. She got it mostly right, but realized as she tried to straighten it that it was inside out and still twisted.

"Ow, bugger it!" she exclaimed, and tore the wayward top off and threw it back behind the chair.

She stood and turned back to the counter with one hand covering her breasts and extended her other hand. "I'm Deb. Glad to meet you Kjem."

He took her hand briefly, then she pulled back with an askance look and then hoisting her breasts with both hands, she continued, "You've met my tits, I guess." She wobbled them up and down in a kind of wave to Kjem and laughed.

"Uh, yes I guess I have. Pleased to meet the three of you!" he replied, while studiously looking her in the eye instead of lower. She re-covered her breasts with one hand and arm, but only haphazardly; her left nipple pooched up in the crook of her elbow.

"I've got your kit in the back, it's all loaded up and ready to go. Give me a sec," she said, then turned around and walked into a hallway into the back area of the shop.

She re-emerged a minute later carrying a cardboard beer box. She set it down on the counter, making no further effort to cover herself.

"Here's your Uni work computer," she said, pulling out a Mac laptop. "It's got all of the standard stuff GCC licenses for faculty already loaded. These are centrally admined, so you won't have to worry about updates or new stuff, it's all automatic. It'll connect directly to the college network. Your username is "Kjem" and your starting password is your passport number; you'll have to change this to something you like the first time you log on. This is a local-only net, you have to log off and connect to the public network on a public account to access anything off-island. They take security very seriously here - that's my job. Nothing from the campus system can go off-campus, don't even try. The computer is for work only, it's a college machine."

"The same username and password will connect your island phone," she continued as she held up a phone, "which only works locally. You can log in to the public net from your personal phone for off-campus calls, but only the island phone will connect to the college net or make local calls. Here's a pad as well," which she pulled from the box and held up. "This is yours, you can put your porn or games on here, but like the other stuff it never leaves the island. The GPS will know, and brick it as soon as it leaves. If you need something for trips off-island, let me know, we'll sort you out. All the cords, chargers, and some other classroom electronic gizmos are in here, too."

12