Green Rose of the Underground Ch. 03

Story Info
Thix learns a lot of new, and intriguing, things.
10.9k words
4.71
2.9k
4
0

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/27/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you everyone who is sticking around for this little (hah!) erotic jaunt. I know it's been a slow burn, but I just can't resist a bit of character building. This chapter contains the true beginning of lewd. I do promise, the rest is coming, and soon.

My publish goal is to get a chapter out at least every two weeks, faster if I have the free time and inspiration. Eventually more stories of different kinds will come.

For now though, it's all Gobbo, all the way.

--

Life felt different now. It was almost more real than real. As if the last two years had been lived in a gray fog.

The 'carriage' trundled along the road, bumpy but steady. Occasionally Thix would shade her eyes and peek out between the curtains at the countryside as it passed. For the first time since she had set out on her journey so long ago, she was able to marvel at the greenery of unfamiliar trees and the lush grassy hills.

The days traveling had been full of new experiences. Even that first morning after her rescue. She had awoken in a strange but comfortable bed at her own hour. Gerard had been nowhere to be seen but returned shortly after with his usual bright smile and breakfast consisting of eggs, more cheese, and delicious cured meats. Neither of them had brought up the conversation the night before, though it had remained on Thix's mind. Before their leaving he had returned with the red cloak and watched with ill-concealed amusement as she wrapped the excess length around her waist and legs before knotting the bottom.

The hood was a blessing, allowing her to hide her face and providing some comfortable shadow. She was still wrapped in it now. Caressing the unbelievably soft fabric between her fingers, examining the way the light and pattern of the cloth changed depending on the way her fingers ran along it. A pair of Gerard's oversized shoes lay on the floor of the carriage, he'd allowed her to borrow them to keep her feet clean.

Then there had been the lessons. Thix had asked to learn his tongue, Galtes. To Thix's happy surprise, despite the difference in sounds and pronunciation, Ruvic and Galtes were very much alike. Gerard did a good job of demonstrating the parallels. Trying to teach her the proper 'gramaire', the way the words were used, was something else. It quickly became clear that Thix had years of bad habits to break. Gerard was perhaps being polite in saying that she could make herself understood, but would simply make a better impression if she could speak both languages properly. Tenses were something that she had known existed, but between her father and the passing human traders she had picked it up from, her education in the Ruvic language was made of incomplete pieces.

Essentially, she was learning two languages at the same time. The only mercy was that they were pronounced rather differently, and so far she wasn't mixing up her words. It was exhausting, but not at all a bad way to pass the time. In-between hard to translate explanations of the languages themselves, he took breaks and taught her words for things in Galtes. The day before Gerard had knelt on the floor of the carriage in front of her, still at her eye level, and pointed down at the cloak she wore.

"Rouge. Like your eyes, yeux."

Thix pointed with her fingers to show she understood. She tried to copy the unbelievably smooth way he spoke, but it sounded so harsh and raspy coming from her throat. "Rouge. Yeux."

"This is a manteau. The cloth, fabrique, it is called velours."

She stumbled on the last word, Gerard applied a very slight rolling sound at the end that she just couldn't get and it started him laughing. She hadn't been able to stay mad for long. Today Gerard was riding outside with the driver. She felt bad about that. He had protested that it was no trouble to sit in the darkened space with her, but kept yawning and eventually excused himself. Humans needed light. They were people of the day. She knew that much, but he'd absolutely refused to let in the sunlight.

They were traveling to the city of Lumis, in the country of Galta. Gerard's home. They weren't from the border, but it would be further still to Lumis. The slavers had taken her further south than she'd even realized, to the very edge of Saksarland. Thix wished she could look a map to get her bearings, maybe she would ask Gerard about that. She did found herself a little excited, as she knew only a little about Galta. A kingdom that had weathered war after war but despite that had fared well in the aftermath. It was a fertile country, famed for wine and the richness of their crops. That was about it. She would also see a human city for the first time.

Thix remembered the first time she had journeyed along the mountain paths, and then down, deep down, to the city of Alark-Gho'Urkum. How the luminescent fungi and uncountable candles had made the halls beneath the earth look like the starlit sky. How there were so many of her people, all busy. Plying their trades, living their lives, sharing news among each-other with such intensity and swiftness that it had boggled her mind. It had been so different from the comfortable pace of home and it's hidden caverns.

A sudden knocking interrupted her thoughts. It was enough warning for Thix to shut her eyes and hide her face beneath the deep hood of her cloak. Even so, the brightness lit up the wooden floor of the carriage and she watched as Gerard's polished brown boots settled into place and the door was once again shut.

"We are making good time. We may stop, if you'd like to use your legs."

She pulled back her hood so she could look at him properly. Gerard seemed a bit more lively for having sat up and absorbed some daylight. It must have been comfortable out for him, he'd left the coat in the carriage and was wearing a yellow-brown shirt. Unlaced to show off his chest and the fine light hairs. Thix considered and shook her head.

"No. Thank you." A thought occurred and after deliberating she added. "Tonight, when it is dark, will you walk with me? I know I should not be alone."

"Of course, but you may not need me with you. No inn tonight. We will make camp."

That was both disappointing and a bit of a relief. No need to be stared at or treated with suspicion, but nothing could replace a small room and a soft bed. Even if the stuffing had been hay and a couple layers of wool. Was she getting so spoiled already? Maybe it had just felt so luxurious that she wanted more of it. It also meant they wouldn't be alone together.

It wasn't that Thix disliked their driver. Theo was courteous, and quiet. He clearly took his work of caring for the horses and tending the carriage seriously. Once, he had even offered her an apple from a tree they had passed. A very nice thing to do indeed! It was just...

Yes. She had become spoiled. Worse... she thought she may be experiencing a feeling she'd only heard about, and been warned of. Heart-hunger. It was a dangerous, bad thing. Thix didn't want to share Gerard. Even if it was only the three of them. She had come to treasure that time, at the end of the day when Gerard found them a room. When they could be alone. Just the two of them in that close, safe, space. Eating wonderful food. Talking. Laughing.

The other day it had stormed. The lightning had stung her ears, and as the cracks grew closer and louder Thix had clamped her hands over her sensitive ears and trembled with each rumble. The horrible stories of the Svallander's ancient god of vengeance came to mind.

When they finally had reached a town, Gerard lifted her in his arms against her protests and carried her down the cobbled street and up into the inn. The reaction from the patrons and host was a noisy one, and the two of them were rushed out and directed around to the back. It was the third time so far she'd wound up naked in front of him. This time he didn't wash her. Which she supposed was respectful. It certainly seemed to be in the spirit of respect. Thix knew she was unreasonably disappointed when he handed her the soap and went to fetch dry clothes.

He returned with an old and plain gown that was much too long for her. Then he'd started to undress. The shirt went first. Leaving his bare chest still damp from the rain. Thix had been far more interested than she suspected was normal. He was just so... big. Humans were. Of course. It was a wonder to watch him in motion. Then he began removing the upper layer of his bottoms. The rain had soaked right down to them too.

Thix's eyes had almost strained with the effort of taking all of him in, knowing the whole time that she should stop. That it was rude, especially after what he had done for her. The generosity and compassion. Yet, here she was. Ogling the shape of those long strong legs, the outline of his buttocks and where it curved into his spine. Watching him struggle out of the wet fabric while keeping a hold of the underclothes. The thinner fabric stuck to his thighs and...the...the shape of... oh... blessed Vorkah. That wasn't fair.

"Thix?"

Lost in her daydream. Thix was yanked firmly back to the present. "Mhmm?"

Her response was almost a squeak behind her closed lips. Nope. Nope. Please no. The momentary split-second memory of Gerard's manhood, tortuously obscured beneath his damp underclothes was still burned across her mind. She prayed silently to herself that he couldn't read her face, or tell what the flush of darkness on her ears and cheeks meant.

"You were far away." Damned metaphor. It took a moment. Thix tried to think of anything to say that would be appropriate. That conversation surfaced, making her heart beat more swiftly in her chest again. She wondered if maybe she should feel offended at what he had suggested. She didn't. Though, there was still too much she didn't understand. Thix had been avoiding thinking about it, but there was nowhere to hide from those words in this small space between them. Less so, with what was on her mind. At least now would be the time to talk of it, if they were going to make camp. While they had some privacy.

"Gerard. Why do, no... why did you... What we spoke of, that first night, teach me more. I want to understand."

It seemed to take him a moment before he grasped what she was asking. Gerard combed his fingers idly through that golden-spun hair of his and nodded.

"What do you want to know?"

Thix frowned, having to think about it. "Why humans pay for... I do not know the word."

"There are many, many words. That is another lesson. Let us be well-mannered and say, make love."

Thix stopped to think about the term. It wasn't entirely inaccurate, but it didn't fit with the way that humans seemed to treat mating either. At least calling it that made it sound more poetic than the physical act itself, but then again... what did she know? Nothing. That was what she knew.

"Alright. Make love. Why humans pay?"

Gerard returned to his habit of staring somewhere far beyond the walls of the carriage and ran his knuckles under his chin in thought. He had a good strong chin for rubbing, Thix thought.

"Do... your people, do they not?"

"No. We - just say goblin, I will not be angry - we all one... family? We make love when we are old enough to be taught the ways. We make love with who we want. Do not have 'wives' or 'husbands', like humans do. Sometimes, two goblin have special love, they make oath. Not always."

He nodded, surprisingly intent on her words as she explained. His hand continuing to work upon his jaw as he looked in thought at her.

"The men do not want to make love more than women?"

Thix felt her brain grind to a halt. That couldn't be right. Though it would explain much about humans if it were. From what she'd seen of human culture, something strange was certainly going on between men and women. She had just assumed it was something wrong with their gods. That wouldn't have been a surprise. For perhaps the first time, she felt like the sensible and knowledgeable one between them.

"No. Sometimes want to make love different. This is why elders teach the ways, so all know how make each other happy. It is sacred teaching. The... want of Vorkah. Much making love, make love well, everyone happy. Many babies."

Gerard seemed... she didn't know the Ruvic word for it, but he seemed almost happily confused.

"What if a woman says no to a man? That must happen sometimes."

There was that odd male focused tilt to his mindset. Not Gerard specifically, Thix reminded herself.

"They do not make love. Man can say 'no' too. All must accept. If try... if try make love after 'no', is very bad. Evil. Cursed by Vorkah. It is punished."

After a moment Thix conceded with a bit of sadness. "It does happen. Not much, but it does."

She thought back to her final hours in the cell, fearing what the guards would do to her. Not knowing her people's ways, and knowing they would not have cared even if they had. Gerard nodded very decisively after hearing. She noticed he'd become very serious and was frowning to himself, the lines deepened in his face.

"We call it 'rape'. Humans too think it is evil, but it happens too much anyway. Men forget the will of their gods."

"Why?"

Gerard shrugged wearily, the bitterness slackening into sorrow. "I do not know."

Thix thought about it and after a great amount of hesitation decided she might as well try and offer a possibility. Hoping that she didn't somehow offend.

"Maybe, humans not make love right? Between human men and women, it is very strange. Very not friendly. I do not understand why. But, there is much I do not know. I was not..."

He already knew. She just had to say it. She was old enough. There was no reason to be embarrassed. So why did she feel this way? Thix took a deep breath and said it plainly for him to hear. Not rambled in a childish panic.

"I was not home, for elders to teach, when I become old enough. I do not know how make love right. I do not know at all."

There was a silence after, and Thix couldn't bear to look at him. Perhaps because she felt like a child still. She had not crossed that boundary into adulthood, despite that the years had gone by. Despite that her body cried out for the pleasure of it. She knew nothing, except that she wanted to be touched, and to be filled.

The quiet became stifling, almost unbearable. Thankfully Gerard broke it.

"You are right. Many humans make love wrong. Many of us start knowing nothing, and learning very little. We are not taught how, like you are. There are many who think it should only be for making children, not for feeling good. Men and women are told differently how to behave. It is difficult."

After a moment he added with that familiar tone. "It is alright, not to know. Better to not know how to make love, than how to make love badly. Perhaps it is a human problem, but men often make love badly. Maybe why women not want it so much."

Thix still felt shy but found herself smiling at his joke, and the reassurance. She forced herself to look up at him again, not quite meeting his eyes.

"So, why pay coin?"

Gerard waggled his hand in an odd side to side manner.

"More than one why. To make it simple, they pay for someone who knows how to make love well. Someone who can make them feel good, the word is 'pleasure'."

"Because it is rare. So it must be bought. I see."

"Not the best answer. Best I can do now. Even if we better undestood each other, it would be difficult to tell. Sometimes they want things... not... not seen well by human culture, but they still want. Not always bad things. I do not know if goblins have ways of making love that are not seen well."

Thix had to think about that one for a long time, rubbing her cloak absentmindedly between her fingers.

"I do not know. There is not much talk about it. Aside from what you call 'rape'. If everyone happy, is alright. Only as far as I know. What ways? I am confused."

"Many ways. Two men, or two women, mostly. Other things not seen as natural."

Thix once more felt her thoughts completely stop and fall apart. "Why?"

Gerard's brows drew up in confusion. "Why what?"

"Why? Why not seen natural? I do not understand."

She had not yet seen Gerard shocked and baffled into silence before. It was a little alarming. It looked as if he was forming a response for her several times before he sat back against his seat and pursed his lips.

"Well... it is not the same for your people?"

"No. It is not." Thix realized that she might have sounded rude and hurried to add more. "We like what we like. Who we like. Most like both. Some only men, or women. It is simple. How could it not be?"

Gerard almost seemed pained by her words, and she was worried she'd said something offensive. Or worse, revolting to him. Finally he shrugged his shoulders and expelled a long sigh and muttered bitterly to himself too softly for her to hear before finally answering in Ruvic.

"I do not know. Your ways sound better."

"Maybe you come home with me. We learn how make love together."

It was just a quick joke. Thix hadn't even really meant to say it. Gerard started laughing. He thrust out his palm once more, sputtering out 'sorry' over and over in-between the pleasant huffing noises of his laugh. She'd been quite upset until she saw the gleam in his eye and the appealing pinkness that graced his cheeks.

"I'd like that. Too far from Galtes, but maybe, one day. Maybe."

He'd... like that? She felt her own cheeks heating up in response, not only to his words, but the look. Her hands trembled so she wrapped them up in the cloak, finding her eyes glancing at his face and flitting away. She heard her own heartbeat in her ears. Not even Grrigna had made her feel so... helpless, but wanting. Pushed and pulled. Thix could not decide if she wished Gerard would go out again so she could have peace. Or that he would have mercy and bring her close to him so that she could not escape.

"Do you miss your home?"

It was a foolish question, but Thix nodded anyway. "Yes. Very much."

"What is it like?"

She was getting a bit tired for translating, but it made good practice. "It was... a cave. Cool. Clean. Outside was a forest, and a human village not far. A stream for washing. It was quiet. Safe. I am sorry, it is hard to find right words."

"That's alright. What about your family?"

Thix frowned and felt the tight feeling around her eyes that told her tears were coming and worked to hold them back.

"I... want to be with them. It has been too long. They... they must think I am dead. I feel sad for them. It is not right. I was bad. I went away in a greedy way. I hurt my mother and father, and my brothers and sisters. Not right."

There was a silence, but it was not uncomfortable. What could be said? Would she ever see them again? Surely she would be safe as long as she was with Gerard, but what about after? When she had paid her debt to him? Could she ever even hope to? Thix had no doubt Gerard would make paying the cost in coins fair, but for her life, that would be different.

"Thix."

Gerard caught her attention, he was holding out a plain square of cloth out to her. She took it and looked up at him in confusion, he mimed wiping her face. For a moment she thought of protesting again, but it was probably the polite thing to use it. He continued speaking as she self-consciously cleaned the fluid from her nose.

"Forgive my not knowing. I do not mean offense. Do goblins have written tongue? Like Ruvic?"

Thix shrugged. "We do. Do not know many words. We teach important words. We do not have paper, like humans. We paint, or carve them."

"What about Ruvic? Can your father read Ruvic?"

"Yes. Some."

Gerard had an unusual look on his face. "Do you know the name of the village? The one near your home?"

Thix had only thought he was being curious but now suspected some kind of point to his questions. She had to really consider before answering.