Grief, Lust, and Consequences Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're such a sop!" Katy said through her laugh. "Now let's go to sleep! I've got to run your ass to work tomorrow!"

"I'll probably still be a sop tomorrow, just fair warning!" he said to her, setting the moisturizer back on the nightstand and sliding next to her under the blanket.

Katy felt him nuzzle against her shoulder and his hand gently rest on her belly under the comforter. Then he gave a long and content sigh.

"Good night beautiful," he whispered into her shoulder.

Katy placed her hand on top of his and smiled before turning out the light and drifting off to sleep.

By the time Katy woke up, her brother was already in the kitchen having coffee. She was pleased that he was back to being an early riser after recovering from the accident, but part of her was also sad that he was going back to work after months of having him all to herself. She chalked that up to hormones or some nesting compulsion of her pregnancy. Her brother seemed to be excited to get back into some normal form of life and she wasn't going to get emotional about it.

"Well you're up and ready I see," she chirped at him.

"That makes one of us!" he joked back while placing his hand on her shoulder and leaning in for a kiss. "You know I'll miss you too, Shortcake."

"I know you will," she said, getting the tiniest bit teary. "I'm just being silly is all."

Katy got dressed and gathered her things to take her brother to work. Her car was much smaller than his truck and it was almost comical watching him fold his tall frame to fit in.

"You know..." he began, "We probably should get a bigger vehicle!"

"No bad mouthing my little red car," she playfully admonished. "It's done me quite well, I'll have you know!"

He chuckled back at her. "Oh I'm not bad mouthing it one bit! Just thinking how the two of us will fit in here with a baby is all!"

Katy grinned at that thought. As ridiculous as the situation she found herself in was, pregnant by her brother at her age, she liked it when Jeff was thoughtful about their new little family. It kindled her motherly and nurturing instincts knowing that they would be well looked after by the same person who had been looking after her.

"I suppose you might be right. But we've got to get you a vehicle first!"

Soon enough Katy pulled into an open spot at the car park at her brother's work and set the parking brake. She was still sad to see him leave her for the day, but at the same time so pleased with his recovery and thankful his injuries weren't any worse than they were. She squeezed his hand as he began to extricate himself from her small car, grinning at the contortions he was making all the while. She watched him take a couple steps and then stop, turn around and walk back to the car.

"Must have forgotten something..." she mumbled to herself as she began to look around for what he might have left behind.

When she looked up, she was startled to see him standing at the driver's window instead of the passenger and motioning for her to roll the window down.

"You forget something? Oh!..."

She was cut off by him leaning into the window opening and pressing his lips to hers and kissing her. It was not a quick kiss. It was passionate and lasted long enough to make her heart melt there in the seat of the car even though she was surprised at this public display.

"Yeah I did forget something..." he whispered at her, his lips just at hers.

Katy was caught off guard by this affection in the open daylight and nearly yipped aloud in surprise at the sensation of her brother's fingers working their way between her legs. She shot a look at him as if to question the sanity of what he was doing, but her body was as receptive as her mind was cautious. His fingers kept going, slipping into her leggings while he leaned into the car window.

"Jeff..." she gasped out in a surprised, but aroused tone. "Someone could see! Oh! ..."

Her speech failed her when she felt his fingers slipping over her moistening lips and bit her lower lip and released a long, soft, approving moan.

"I'll just need to be quick then," he replied with a smirk. He leaned his mouth next to her ear while he found her opening. "Are you going to cum for your brother?"

Katy could already feel her body begin to buzz with the electricity of arousal. She gripped his forearm and closed her eyes, still biting at her lip. "Mmppf... Mmmhmm," she moaned back to him.

"Such a dirty slutty sister, creaming on her brother's fingers in the car park," his voice again transformed into the dark commanding tones that she craved.

Katy darted her hazel eyes wide open when his fingertips began to encircle her clit. Her stance in the seat widened and her breaths became short.

"Fuck!... make your slutty sister cum in the car park!" She gasped out in an uncontrollable exclamation.

She felt his mouth move down her ear to her neck and then his teeth lightly bite into her soft skin. At the same time the pressure of his strokes on her clit bore down and she trembled and quaked in the seat, soaking through her leggings when her brother finally slipped his fingers from her. He brought them to his mouth and licked off her flavour before planting another deep kiss on her lips.

"Now I've remembered everything!" he said with a sly grin while finally slipping back out the car window and resuming his way toward the entrance.

"You're trouble, you are!" she called back to him through a smile.

"Maybe, but you're worth it!" Then he was through the door until she would return to collect him later that afternoon.

Katy's grin remained stretched across her face the whole drive back to the house. While the daytime public kissing and masturbation was perhaps not the most sound of ideas, it excited her and made her feel desired. It also made her imagine a life where they could engage in displays of affection openly.

She popped into the shower and made herself ready for the day. She had adjusted her part time hours to coincide with Jeff's ending time at work until they could solve the transportation issue, and as a result had a bit of time to kill until she needed to leave. After her shower, she strode into the bedroom naked, save for the towel wrapped around her hair and set about to select an outfit for the day. At this point in her term, the choices revolved around leggings and loose, flowing tops, which she then tossed onto the bed. The top caught the stack of things on her brother's night stand and they fell to the floor. She cursed at the pile as retrieving things from the floor level was becoming more challenging in her state. With the things in hand, she stopped when she saw her brother's black notebook among them. She remembered him telling her it was a surprise and wasn't ready yet, but this was the first she had seen it since the day they retrieved his belongings from his truck.

She held it and briefly debated whether or not she should peek inside it. Her curiosity quickly overcame any scruples she had over snooping. With a deep breath, she bit her lip, laid down in bed, and flipped it open.

Though she wasn't sure what to expect, the contents of the book surprised her all the same. It was half-full of mostly hand-written notes dating back to just before the holiday at the cabin. Some of the pages were marked "story ideas" and listed many details she recognised from what she had read of her brother's erotic fiction. Some pages were sketches of Katy herself that he had drawn. Others had short poems about how he felt about her ranging from desperately depraved to heart-warmingly sweet. She blushed and teared up at each of the many creative displays of his desire and affection for her and secretly wished that she inherited more of those creative traits from their estranged mother like her brother did.

She read on, and near the back of the notebook she came across pages that were apparently filled out after the accident. A page was labeled "things I need to remember" and read as if he was trying to work his mind through things he was struggling to remember. The page just after that was aptly labeled "things I do remember". Katy smiled as she saw the list of items nearly all pertaining to herself. Her favourite food, colour, films and shows were all written out as he tried to sharpen his mind after his injuries.

On the final page she read the heading "places to check into" with a list of several addresses. They all seemed to be located in the same town. Katy knew of this place and had a vague idea of its location, but had never visited. This particular hamlet was located on the other side of the mountain from the family cabin. Her curiosity boiled over and she pulled out her phone and searched the addresses on the internet. With little time she found them to be listing for homes for sale in that area. The pair had discussed relocating prior, but she could see that her brother was spending some of his down time checking into what was available while he healed.

Katy knew that both she and her brother weren't eager to sell the family home, but at the same time they both knew their life would never be as normal and free if they stayed in their current city. Finding that her brother had been checking into places to live hit her as a genuinely sweet gesture. She put together an idea for a gesture of her own.

She booked a hotel for them both for the weekend in a central location to the listings and quickly packed them both a bag of clothes. She loaded their bags into her car as she left for work and tapped out a text to her brother.

Hope you're having a nice first day back! I've got a surprise for you when I come to pick you up! xx

Katy was a buzz of excitement through her work day until the time came to collect her brother. She pulled into the same spot where he had brought her to climax earlier that morning and waited until she saw his smiling face walking out the door. She was mirroring his smile by the time he got in the car and leaned over and kissed him.

"So, what's this surprise you've been on about?" he started as he belted himself in.

"Oh just a little something..." she responded timidly before bursting out in excitement. "We're going on a trip! I've got you a bag packed already! Just relax and we'll be there in a few hours!"

Katy giggled like a schoolgirl but her brother was perplexed.

"What's gotten into you? Not that I'm not excited... but where are we going?"

Katy went ahead and piloted the vehicle out of the car park and toward the motorway. She did her best to ignore his repeated questions and kept telling him that it was a surprise and he was going to ruin it. But as they reached the motorway, his persistence wore her down.

"So... don't be mad at me..." Katy said, briefly looking over at him.

"Oh god, what did you do?" Jeff asked, still smiling and trying to riddle out what was going on.

"I may have snooped your notebook." Katy blushed and put her eyes back on the road.

"Oh, you didn't!" he laughed. "I've had it with me all day! It's right here in my..." he trailed off as he reached into his pack but obviously the notebook wasn't there.

Katy reached into the driver's door pocket and pulled it out and gave it back to him. "Honestly, you're forgetting things left and right!" she joked at him.

"Haha, well that's not exactly my fault now, is it?"

"Well," she went on, "I booked us a hotel and I've made us some viewing appointments at some of the addresses you wrote in the back of your book."

Her brother was silent for a moment. When she looked over at him he was smiling ear to ear and reached out and took her hand in his.

"Katy, that's amazing. I honestly have the best sister in the world!" he said before leaning over and kissing her cheek. "But you are a little snoop, aren't you!"

"I found it quite by accident!" she retorted. "If you hadn't forgotten it, then we wouldn't be on this trip!"

Jeff laughed at the notion and pointed at his head and replied, "I suppose I've been misplacing things lately because of this." He paused before going on, "I'd meant it to be a surprise, but I'd been checking into that area because my company has an office out there and I may be able to transfer to it. I didn't want to spring it all on you at once with the baby coming in the next few months and all, but you beat me to the punch!"

"Oh my god! You really have been checking into things!" Katy knew her brother was a careful planner but the extent to his investigation into a new home and livelihood for them surprised her.

"I hope you don't think it's too premature?" her brother said, reaching back over to take her hand.

"Not at all!" Katy chirped back at him. She smiled and thought to herself for a few moments. "But what about dad's house? We never really arrived on what to do about it."

Jeff took a breath before unveiling his last hidden plan. "So I think I may have gotten that sorted as well... that is if you're okay with it..."

Katy peered over at him across the cabin bursting with curiosity. "Yeah? Go on!"

"You might not believe this, but Emily said she would buy it," he said, still holding her hand.

"What? When did she say that?" Katy was oddly pleased with that arrangement, but was still shocked that she was unaware of it.

"That's the last bit of the surprise. She stopped by when I was in the hospital and you were at work. We had a little chat... please don't be angry, I know she had a thing for me but was curious about our... erm... situation."

Katy's mouth opened agape. "That horny little devil, Em! What did you talk about??"

Jeff chuckled and responded, "She was genuinely curious how we started out. She said you promised to catch up with her but I guess she was too curious to wait. Anyway, we got to chatting and she asked about how we planned to live being a secret couple. I'd mentioned we hadn't figured it out yet and had thought to move at some point."

Katy kept alternating her attention between her brother and the road silently begging him to go on.

"She's apparently been looking for a place of her own. She's been to the house before, obviously, and likes the area. It just made sense. And we can always visit and see the old place again."

Katy was genuinely surprised at the audacity of her brother to broker a deal like this without her knowledge. But the more she thought about it, the more it made sense.

"I can't believe that you thought all this out and kept it a secret!" she exclaimed. "Though it does make sense..." She paused in thought for a moment. "And when were you going to bring all this to light?"

"I'd actually thought to do exactly what you're doing and go see the places to see if you liked them. Then if you did, I was going to surprise you!"

"God you really are something!" Katy said beaming. She shot him a look before going on, "as long as she didn't try to sweeten the deal with a sponge bath!"

"Haha, no it was all above board. Rest assured that she's a good friend to you!"

It was late evening when the pair finally arrived at their hotel destination. They planned out their several viewings for the following day and had a nice dinner at a nearby restaurant before falling asleep cuddled in the large bed with Jeff's arm wrapped around her.

"Good night, big brother," she whispered softly over her shoulder at him.

He leaned over and planted a kiss on her cheek before settling back down on the pillow. "Good night, beautiful."

The following day started with the pair going to breakfast before driving around and taking in the town. It was a bit smaller than the city where they lived currently, but seemed a suited place for a family nonetheless. Katy drove by the satellite office of her brother's company and they walked through some shops before going to their first viewing appointment.

Katy knew that her brother had the skills to whip any place they found into shape, but despite that advantage, the first viewing was a bit of a letdown. The place was small and didn't have a garden of any kind. They agreed that it likely wouldn't suit and wrote it off and moved onto the next. A similar theme played out at the second house. Katy was trying to imagine the things they could do there to make it more suitable for them but still didn't have a good feeling about it.

She couldn't help but feel a bit let down by the time they were on the way to the third. She piloted her little red car up the street and into a neighborhood that seemed promising. When her brother motioned toward the appropriate drive, Katy's heart leapt in her chest. It was a modest size brick home with a single garage, bedrooms on the first floor and what appeared to be a decent garden out back.

Katy was conspicuously quiet for most of the tour. Inside the cozy entryway to the left was a staircase that led up to the first floor and beyond it was a drawing room with a fireplace situated in the center of the outer wall. The daylight streamed into the room from the bay window at the front of the house and a conservatory was off the back. The kitchen was similarly sized to the one at their father's house with a small laundry room with access to both the garden and the garage. Up the stairs were three bedrooms, the main bedroom with its own toilet and bath.

By the time they made it back downstairs and into the kitchen, the listing agent left them alone to talk about it. Katy's smile was now ear-to-ear and her brother looked down at her and started to speak.

"I take it that you like this one?" Jeff said with a half-grin.

"I like it so much I'm scared to say it out loud. The neighborhood seems very nice, plenty of things nearby, the house is... dare I say it? Perfect!"

"I have to admit," Jeff interjected, "the others were disappointing, but when I saw this one, I was really hoping it was as nice as the pictures!"

Katy couldn't respond, she was overcome with joy and anticipation and gripped both of her brother's hands tightly.

"Shall we try and make this our home?" Jeff said with a smile that now matched Katy's.

"Yes! Let's!" Katy responded.

*****************************

Six months had passed and Katy and her brother had moved into their new home and Jeff had relocated to his company's satellite office in the area. Katy had given birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl in mid-February, whom they named Lacy, and officially became their own little family. True to the arrangement brokered by her brother, Emily bought their father's home from them which gave them more than enough to make a nice start for them in their new town. She even helped them move into their home, being the only existing friend of either that was privy to the knowledge of who they really were to each other.

Prior to them settling on their new home, Jeff's divorce with Bethany was finalised. After the holidays, the odd calls and erratic messages ceased. After some online snooping, Katy found out that she had taken up with another man and seemed to be well occupied and letting go of the past, to both Jeff and Katy's relief. The new home and the new location suited the new family and Lacy came into the world with happy and loving parents around her.

Spring was now warming up in their area and the siblings invited Emily to come spend the weekend with them partly to catch up, and partly to introduce little Lacy and have Emily babysit while they went out on a proper date in their new town. Emily had long since been accustomed to taking care of infants as she had performed similar duties for her older sister when her son was born. Beyond that, Emily remained interested in how Katy and her brother were getting on and was more than happy to visit for the weekend.

"Alright, have fun you two!" Emily said, holding baby Lacy up and waving her tiny little hand. "Mum and dad are going out to have a little fun!"

Katy grinned sideways at Emily as Jeff helped her with her coat. "I see we're going to have to watch what you tell her from now on!"