Grounding Mom

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Becky's heart accelerated. She abruptly felt her blood chill. She gulped.

"...Mom, what're you trying to tell me?"

Vivian rose from the sofa and produced something from behind the far end. Something Becky hadn't seen since she'd come into the room. It was a medium-sized cardboard box. She placed it on the coffee table.

"Well, let me answer that question by anticipating your next one. I was cleaning your room one day. And, I'd...had a glass or two that day too. And apparently, whatever wine that one was had a particular effect on me. That day...all I can say was, I was extra wistful. I missed you so much, sweetie. And...this could be seen as an act of selfishness on my part. But...when I opened it, and...saw them...I-I just...I just dunno, Becky... my heart broke a little. I thought that emotionally, it'd be easier for me to handle if they were... somewhere else. And I'm not trying to blame the wine—or you—but..."

It dawned on her. Becky literally broke into a sweat.

"Oh god...oh my god, Mom, you...you just told me what's in the box...didn't you."

Vivian nodded. "...I never got rid of them. Or had them 'altered' for myself. I don't know where my drunk mind came up with that one. I just put 'em in this box and stored it in the attic."

Becky felt as if she were about to throw up. She knew she didn't have to, but somehow...she did have to. She just had to look inside and see them. Just to hammer in that final nail of confirmation. She folded down the box flaps.

Yep. There they were. Her old clothes and scarves. With one look, she knew they were all there.

A flood of guilty tears welled her eyes.

"So," she heard her mother finish explaining. "...That's why they weren't in your closet."

That meant, Becky processed...

"Oh, my god... they were here... the whole time..."

Another nod from her Mom. "I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

That heartfelt apology instantly made Becky feel ten times worse. She dropped her face in her palms and broke into a wracking sob on the spot. Vivian must've understood why, because she slipped her arms around Becky and hugged her.

Oh... MY... GOD...

I punished her... for nothing.

Her mother knew what she was thinking. She scooted in closer and enveloped her with all her tenderness.

"It's okay, Becky."

The shame-ridden daughter vehemently shook her head.

"No it's not!" she cried, raising her face out of her hands. It was already covered in tears. Vivian's heart abruptly cracked when she realized just how much new anguish her daughter'd found herself in. She lovingly caressed Becky's hair.

"Honey, please don't cry."

"I can't believe I did that!" Becky exclaimed. "...I'm slime! I'm the worst!"

"Baby, don't worry!" Viv comforted her. "It's all right! Really! This is Sober Ma Viv speaking. I told you I forgave you this morning, and I meant it! Everything's fine!"

"It's not fine!" insisted Rebecca. "How can I even stay here now?? I'm the most awful, horrible daughter on Earth!"

"Sweetie, that is not true!" her Mom told her. "You came home for Mother's Day. Some daughters wouldn't do that."

"NO decent daughter would punish her Mom like that!!"

"Becky-bear... look at me."

It took a few moments, but Becky made herself bring her tear-ravaged eyes to her Mom's own baby greens. Her mother spoke.

"It, erm..."

To Becky's surprise, Vivian was actually trying not to laugh. She didn't want to make light of her daughter's pain. But she did want to make her feel everything was okay.

"...I won't lie to ya, Becky; it was punishment and torture at first. It was; you were killing me there for a while. I'm incredibly ticklish. Like Mom, like daughter; another apple that fell pretty close to the tree. A lotta that I could've done without. And if you need to feel bad about it or cry a little, that's okay. But... baby doll, I know it was weird. It was as weird as your punishment back then. But...it..."

Viv let out a silent sigh of contentment.

"...Baby, it was also amazing. That...honey, that felt un-by-god-believable. I had no idea you could even do that to me. After a certain point, that was definitely no punishment anymore. At, um..."

Becky let her eyes dry up a bit. She discerned that her Mom was still trying not to giggle.

"At the risk of making it sound even weirder, babe...both of those..." Snicker.

"...Both of those orgasms made my Mother's Day."

This declaration left Vivian with a goofy look on her face. And a toothy smile that wouldn't go away. As Becky gazed at her, she could see that her Mom was about to start laughing. Hard. The whole aura she gave off told Becky it really was okay. And what was more...

She was about to make Becky burst out laughing right along with her.

And so one moment later... that was exactly what they did.

"Hee hee hee!...Oh god, I..." Becky wiped her eyes, which were now wet for two reasons.

"I really am still so sorry, Mom."

"I know you are, babe. And I still forgive you. Trust me, you'll forgive you too soon enough. And don't you dare call yourself slime. Or the worst. You're just the opposite, honey. You're the best. I promise you, I couldn't ask for a more beloved, awesome daughter.

"And hey, y'know...I know it's Sunday, but, the stores'll still be open for a while...

"...Shopping spree? Buy you some new clothes?"

Rebecca smiled, feeling about two hundred and ten percent better.

"Only if you let me buy yours."

"Deal. And hey, next time I do something that makes you wanna get me back, now you know just where to!" Vivian encouraged, impishly grabbing Becky's underarms and sides.

"Ah—hey!" Becky laughed, grabbing back. She jumped on the sofa with her Mom and they launched into a tickle fight. Before long, the whole big beautiful house was filled with chuckles, shouts and guffaws. Echoing down the halls, throughout each room, along the doors and windows, in and out of the closets, radiating in each nook and cranny and back again. As witnessed by the next beautiful day surrounding it, as it always had been, as it always would be...

727 Sullivan Avenue, the home of Vivian Emmy, and Rebecca Heidi Hughes, remained a house filled with laughter.

And love.