Guarded: Neon Sunset Ep. 01

Story Info
Episode 1: Don't call me a sheep!
10.3k words
4.8
8.3k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back, my lovely reader!

If you didn't do so, make sure you read the prologue first!

That was pretty heavy last time, huh? But it needed to be to set the tone. This is at its core a story about healing and becoming better. I love Tracey but she is a MEGA BITCH! So expect that. Our ram isn't much better as much as I love him too, he's also a real piece of work.

Well, I'll not blather on too much about things, I hope you enjoy it!

Let's jump right in!

—♥—

Episode 1:

Beautiful Monster

"I've never seen, Seen one like you, You're a knife, Sharp and deadly, And it's me, That you cut into."

The door leading to the dressing room nearly flew off the hinges as the young ram kicked it open, slamming it against the wall as he stormed into the room. The stage crew and roadies in the backstage area grew quiet, everyone avoiding looking in the direction of the ram as a short lithe rat quickly gave chase into the room after him.

"Leo, baby! Calm down, please!" The smaller male pleaded as he quickly shut the door, his wiry pink tail whipping about nervously, flicking his slightly rounded gray ears up. What hair he had left shared a similar hue of brown-white as his ears, with a large bald spot spreading over most of the real estate that was his head.

"Calm down?!" The ram called out, turning to glare down at the rat, their size difference stark. The idol was over six feet in height while the rat was just at four. "Max, that nut job got past security, and even on stage! She had a fucking pair of scissors in her hand for fuck sake!" The taller male stomped the ground in his heeled knee-high boots, accounting for several extra inches of his height difference. His ensemble of snug close-fitting black and blue leather clung to his body, his form covered in sweat from his performance.

The rat looked up at the ram wringing his hands while flicking his tail rapidly, his blue suit and tie a mussed-up wreck from frantically chasing the idol around the backstage area. "Yes, but the stage security was still able to detain her before she got close to you."

"She was within arms reach, how is that not close? I had to stop the song and jump away from her!" Leo snarled the words clenching his teeth and flicking his droopy ears up. His curly hair cascaded down his back almost looking like wool, the color a bright shade of neon blue with a white streak zig-zagging through it. Two small curled horns jutted out near his bangs, both blue with little white lightning bolts accenting the outer sides of them. He also had a blue lightning bolt painted over his right eye, while little blue and white stars dotted his left cheek. His outfit was finished with lipstick and eyeshadow sharing the same theme of blue as the rest of him.

The rat fidgeted on his feet his black eyes looking away as he laughed nervously, "Guess, she wanted some of your hair..."

"Oh, you think so?" The idol folded his arms against his mostly open chest, the zipper of his faux leather jacket dragged down past his navel, showing well-defined abs and lean but well-sculpted muscles. He leaned down giving the rat a furious glare, the blue and white all over him making his green eyes pop out and almost look ablaze with fury. "This is the second time since we started this tour that something like this has happened. I'm sick of this amateur shit, I want a bodyguard!"

"W-what?!" Max stammered, withdrawing a handkerchief from his back pocket before wiping the sweat from his forehead and face.

"You heard me, I want a fucking bodyguard! The security at these venues is obviously too inept to be trusted!" The ram stood up straight and rolled his neck before flopping into a makeup chair. He unzipped his heeled boots, throwing one of them against the wall with a loud thud.

"Leo, baby... I don't think that's in the budget for the tour..."

Leo glared icily at the rat. "Then I will pay for one myself, just find me one!"

Max sucked in a breath through his clenched teeth his two front teeth looking a little more prominent. "O-okay... our next gig is in a pretty big city, I might be able to pull something off there."

Leo now barefoot and looking a few inches under the six-foot mark, walked over to the mini-fridge in the room. He collected a bottle of water, popping it open and drinking it on the way back to his seat. Finishing the drink he crushed the bottle, capped it then tossed it off the rat's mostly bald head. "See that you do, or I will be in the market for a bodyguard, and a new manager."

Max gave a panicked squeak. "Leo, please don't be like that! We've been through so much together these last years!"

Leo gave the rat a bored look and rolled his eyes. "More like you're getting a free ride off my fame. Whatever, Max, I'm not going to fire you, we're friends." The ram waved a hand and leaned back in his chair before closing his eyes. "Now fuck off and get me something to eat, I'm starving."

"Right, I'm on it, Leo, baby!" Max scurried out of the room whipping his pink furless tail about before shutting the door quietly.

Leoran his palm down his face, streaking his eyeshadow and face paint as he sighed and looked out a nearby window. "I don't deserve this nonsense..."

—♥—

"Now let's get a look at that weather forecast shall we? Go ahead, Janet."

"Thanks, David. It's looking bright and sunny all across the bay area today, but don't let that fool you. You can expect it only to get into the fifties today, with wind chills making it feel like the forties. Also, don't let those clear skies trick you, we will have rain moving in by this afternoon. Back to you, David!"

"Thanks, Janet. Next up on bay area mornings we've got a special guest. The pop idol sensation Electric Blue is in town and will be joining us live in the studio, singing his hit song 'Neon Sunset.'"

"I hate the fucking rain..." Tracey muttered the words aloud, blinking open her azure eyes, looking up at the ceiling of her little studio apartment. Her TV played out the morning news while the blades of the ceiling fan lazily whirled about, reflecting the light of the morning sun all around the room. She had come home late into the night and simply collapsed in bed without bothering to eat or change.

Tracey gave a long lazy yawn, her large sharp teeth showing before she rolled over and sat up in the bed. Her long white hair was mussed and tangled, the ponytail having slipped out during the night.

"Yo!" She called out as she reached down to unlace the boots she had slept in.

A small ping sounded as the personal assistant came to life on the desk beneath the large tv that took up most of that wall in the cramped apartment. "Good morning Tracey, it's nine twenty-four, you have two new voice mails and one pending event today."

Tracey kicked off both boots and pulled her socks off, wiggling her toes before calling out to the small speaker once more, "Play messages." The wolf climbed from bed and moved into the bathroom that was only a few feet from her small bed.

"Message number one, yesterday, ten-seventeen PM."

"Hi Honey, it's your mom. I know you just got back into town tonight but I've not seen you in over a season, can we get toge-"

"Delete." Tracey barked the word out before shoving a toothbrush into her mouth.

"Message number two, today, eight-ten AM."

"Yo Trace, it's Mac. I've got a new contract lined up for you, swing on by little lady."

After brushing her canines and tongue, she rinsed her mouth out before calling out to the assistant once more. "Delete. Tell me about the event."

The assistant beeped once more before speaking out in its monotone voice. "Eleven AM; Dojo."

"Ah yes..." She spoke out quietly as she tugged her jeans off her hips, stripping out of her button-down top as well. Tracey made her way to the kitchen on the other side of the apartment which wasn't a very long walk, to say the least. Pulling open the fridge she withdrew a bottle of water then grabbed a protein bar off the counter and tore open the wrapper. "Call, Mom."

The assistant beeped and the sound of a phone was heard ringing before the line connected. "Tracey?"

"Hi, Mom. What's up?" She barked the greeting as she chewed on her protein bar.

"I'm just hoping to see you before you get a new job. It's been a few months. I miss you."

She rolled her blue eyes and snapped down the last of the bar before taking a drink of water. She frowned at the realization she brushed her teeth not moments ago then gave a shrug. "I will see what I can do, Mom. Mac already has something else he wants to talk to me about, but if I can make the time, I will hit you up for lunch or dinner."

"Oh... alright Honey, I love you."

"Love you too, Mom. I'll try my best to see you." She spoke out the words then heard the phone line cut off. Standing up the dog rolled her neck and shoulder before dragging the white panties off her hips and peeling her bra away. Moving across the apartment once more, she turned the shower on and quickly slipped into the hot flow of water.

The heat eased the ache in her shoulder and the white-haired wolf sighed in relief, leaning against the wall and letting the hot water just flow over her. The shower only lasted about five minutes, she knew anything more than that and she risked the hot water going out.

Stepping from the shower with a towel wrapped around her head, Tracey looked at herself in the mirror, glancing at the large deep scar on her shoulder, then down at the large one across her inner thigh. An old memory surfaced and she found herself growling once more before shaking it off and moving to gather some clothes.

Fashion was the last thing she cared about so a simple pair of white panties and sports bra was more than reasonable. She was a little shorter than most girls of her species, only coming to around five and a half feet. Most female wolves got upwards to six feet tall, and males could easily hit seven or more.

She picked up the jeans she slept in and gave them a huff to see how bad they were. Satisfied they didn't smell, she tugged them back on. She had curvy hips and a slightly round backside, she also sported well-defined abs since she was always training or working out. Her arms and legs were lean with muscle without looking overly swollen with mass. She was an ideal huntress-wolf, lean, strong, and built for speed and power, but far from a hulking brute.

Pulling the sports bra on compressed her chest making her look flatter than she naturally was. Her breasts were of a decently large size for such a small frame.

"Yo! Call Dan." Tracey called out to her assistant. The device beeped and a phone started ringing while the dog pulled on a plain black t-shirt followed by a similarly colored jacket.

The call connected after the fifth ring. "Jade tiger Dojo."

"Hey, it's Tracey." She huffed out the words while lacing up her boots.

"Been a minute, Tracey-san. Still coming in today?" The voice called out cheerfully.

Her azure eyes rolled as she grumbled about the -san suffix. "Yes. I will be there if you have time, I'm feeling rusty."

"I always have time to see you, come by in an hour. Take care Tracey-san." The call disconnected while Tracey pulled her white hair back into a ponytail. The length of it had grown over the last several years and now matched the length of her late grandmother's.

The white wolf finished her preparations by moving over to the desk and grabbing a silver locket, the pendant shaped like a book. She fastened it around her neck, the book hanging where her cleavage would be if she had a normal bra on. She tucked the locket into her shirt and reached for a small picture frame, looking upon it as she always did before leaving.

The picture was of her ten years younger, standing next to an older wolf. She had short hair in the picture mostly dyed red. She was pushed up to Helen, arm around her shoulder, the other outstretched with her fingers in a peace sign. The older dog wearing the pendant Tracey now wore, with an amused and gentle smile on her face.

Gritting her teeth Tracey put the picture back down, pushing a hand to her chest where the locket rested inside her shirt. "Alright... let's hit it." The dog huffed the words to herself and moved out of the small apartment, snatching her duffle bag before locking the door behind her.

—♥—

"So... how was your last job, Tracey-san?" The forty-something pitbull gave the wolf a wide grin while she picked herself back up off the mat.

"Peachy, I broke a guy's fucking arm for being cute and trying to stab my client," She snarled the words as she set her stance.

"Again!" The older dog barked and the younger canine came in with a lunging push of her arm, obviously going for a grab. The instructor grabbed her wrist and they tied up in a struggle for a heartbeat. He hooked a foot behind her ankle, applied pressure to her bad shoulder, and shoved her onto her back heavily.

Tracy barked out in protest at the shoulder grab before having the wind knocked out of her as she crashed to the mat. "Ha... fuck, Dan! Take it easy on the fucking shoulder!"

The pitbull gave her a sympathetic smile. "Do you think an assailant will care, Tracey-san? Again."

The wolf clenched her sharp teeth, focusing and burying the pain before climbing to her feet and setting her stance. "Touché..."

"You seem troubled my child, does something weigh on your mind?" The dog spoke the words gently, seeing the flinch and anger cross the wolf's face.

"I told you before, Dan. Do NOT call me that." Tracey snarled the words, old memories surfacing as she lunged again. This time she saw the counter and adjusted her stance before bringing her other hand up. She grabbed the pitbull's hip, trying for her own leg sweep.

The two locked up again and the wolf snarled, pushing against the smaller dog, slowly overbearing him with her own power. Dan simply let it happen before he shifted his foot, using her own force for leverage, and launched her cleanly over his shoulder. Tracey toppled forward, landing on her back with the wind knocked out of her once more, growling to herself.

"Remember, anger will always control you and cloud your judgment. Focus it instead of embracing it." Dan spoke the words calmly as if reading passages from some new age zen book.

"What are you, my fucking therapist?" Tracey barked the words and rolled over back into her stance. The position shifted to a more hunkered down position, her fingers flexing as she growled in an angry feral way.

Dan motioned with his hand. "The martial arts is more than a means to combat a foe, Tracey-san... Again."

Tracey barked and lunged forward in an unfocused pounce. Dan looked perplexed, trying to decide what the wolf was doing as she clapped her hands hard on his shoulders and started pushing him back. "I don't need your advice, I need someone to spar with!"

"Ha! Perhaps the therapy you seek is laying on the mat seeing stars over and over again!" The instructor mockingly huffed the words while pushing against the wolf's strength, once again slowly losing ground to Tracey's sheer power and stamina.

"Maybe you need to fight seriously!" Tracey barked the words and felt her teacher shift his stance. Tracey perked her snow-white ears up, the silver hoop glinting in the dojo's light that was concealing the chip missing from the left one. She stepped from the shift and they locked again. Another attempt to force her strength against her and another brief break before the struggle continued.

"If this were a fight, you would know it... Tracey-... san!" Dan huffed the words, his breath coming out heavy, showing the obvious strain in constant exchanges. She hooked her foot around his ankle and the pitbull felt himself go down with a heavy thump to the mat.

"Yeah? How's that!" The larger dog snarled as she loomed over the downed one, her hands on his shoulders.

"You would have already been dead, it was there before you even toppled me," The dog spoke softly, applying a little pressure on the wolf's belly, showing his fist was there as if he were holding a knife.

Tracey gritted her teeth and climbed from the instructor before offering him a hand up. Dan climbed to his feet with her help and let out a winded huff. "Remember, I'm teaching you to fight to protect yourself and others, Tracey-san, not compete in tournaments for Judo. You must always watch your opponent's movements, if their hands are not in view, they could have a weapon waiting to strike."

"Y-yeah..." Tracey frowned as she tightened her gi and rubbed the back of her head.

"Anger can be a powerful tool, but you must focus it in the proper way. That is the lesson you should take away from this. Your skills are still as exceptional as they always have been since you were a pup." Dan straightened his posture and Tracey instantly responded to the cue, bowing before her teacher as he bowed to her.

"Thanks, Dan... err Sensei. Sorry about all the swearing." Tracey rubbed the back of her head again as she gathered her bag up to go change.

"Think nothing of it, we are all fallible Tracey-san." The dog gave a wave of his hand before returning to the front where a small class was about to begin. Several students had gathered and were simply watching the two dogs spar to kill time.

Tracey took out her cell phone after she changed, she had put on a regular bra so her chest was pushed out more prominently. The locket she wore rested against her chest on the outside of her t-shirt. "Hey mom, yeah, yes... Alright, let's meet up for lunch. Yes, ma'am... got it. Love you too."

—♥—

"So how are you doing, Honey?" The older white wolf asked while sipping on a cup of coffee. Her naturally white hair and fur had highlights of grey starting to show through it.

"Doing alright, Mom. You know me, just working and kicking ass," Tracey spoke the words teasingly while sipping on some hot earl grey.

Her mother frowned and shook her head at that. "I can't believe you've been doing this for over ten years now... You even dropped out of college. You know this is a young pups field, you can't keep it up forever."

Tracey rolled her azure eyes, the same hue as her mothers. "Then when I can't do it and someone gets lucky, I won't have to worry about retirement."

"Tracey!" The older wolf snapped at her daughter, "Don't speak like that, you already make me worry, especially after what happened years ago!"

Tracey clenched her teeth and looked away. "Let's not talk about that, Mom..."

"You always say that, but it's still tearing you apart! It wasn't your fault, sweetie..." Her words took on a comforting tone.

Tracey slammed her hand on the table, rattling the plates and teacups showing her sharp teeth to her mother. "Then who's fucking fault was it?! I let my best friend die!"

"You didn't! I heard your account, you did everything you cou-"

"No I didn't!" Tracey snarled out slamming the table again, with a clenched fist this time. "I should have seen it sooner, I should have reacted better! I should have pounced on her instead of shielding her!"

By now a few patrons were murmuring to themselves about the display and a server quickly trotted over to the table. "Ladies, if you're going to cause a scene I'm going to hav-"

The young cat who looked like he might have been a high school student at best cut his speech off as the white-haired wolf leveled a murderous glare at him. "I'm having a bad day garcon, fuck off before I shove that platter you're carrying up your ass. Are we clear?"

The cat flicked his tail in panic and nodded, "Y-yes Ma'am, crystal clear. Sorry to bother you!"