Guarded: Neon Sunset Ep. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A loud crack of thunder filled the air and the wolf slumped to her knees bracing on the one good hand she had, letting the crutch fall to the soft earth beneath her knees. "Why?! You were always so fucking selfless and generous!" She screamed as she sobbed out and dug her fingers into the wet earth. "You had no fucking right! Why did you have to be selfish then!?"

The young wolf whimpered and sobbed pitifully to herself as she spoke to the mound of earth before her. Her large ears drooped, the left one sporting its own dressing that had soaked through with water. "I was too weak... too fucking stupid... I was, useless... I failed you..."

—♥—

Tracey snapped her eyes wide open as a clap of thunder sounded out, tears flowing freely from them while she laid in bed on her back. The blades of the fan were still lazily spinning about, the TV station off the air, casting a rainbow hue across the room. The sound of heavy rainfall filled the apartment, the occasional flash of lightning filling the room up with blue from the small windows.

The wolf closed her eyes, letting her heart rate calm, then after a few minutes looked over at the locket draped over the picture frame. Another flash of lightning made it shine a bright brilliant silver before returning to the dull chromatic shade of the TV illumination. Tracey closed her eyes, more tears spilling from them as she cleared her mind and tried to return to sleep. "I hate the fucking rain... so... so much..."

A shrill loud buzzing emanated from the speaker on her dresser. Tracey snarled, her sharp teeth showing as she dug her nails into her pillow. "Yo! Alarm, shut the fuck up!"

A bleep was heard and then the monotone voice replied. "I'm sorry I didn't understand you."

"Alarm Off!" She barked out before the unit beeped and grew silent. Tracey huffed and flopped back into the pillows, groaning against them. The rain was still falling and she could hear it piddling against the windows. The wet weather brought a vicious ache to her shoulder and the wolf was slow to move from her bed as she sat up.

"It's going to be cold and wet all day folks, so bundle up and stay dry out there..." The weather forecaster was prattling on while the wolf sleepily blinked up at the TV. She took a few more moments to compose herself before rising up and plodding into the kitchen.

A hot cup of earl grey later she felt a little more alive and was eating on a protein bar while lounging in her underwear in bed watching TV. Her phone pinged with a text message from her mother freaking out happily about the siding job. Tracey gave a snort through her nose and swiped the message away before continuing to surf on her phone.

After a few hours of laying about, Tracey took a deep breath and climbed from bed to get ready. A shower and fresh change of clothes, this time a black set of panties and bra. She decided to go with a more casual look since she wasn't watching a government official.

She opted for combat boots, black jeans, and a white t-shirt as her outfit. After pulling the shirt on she could clearly see the outline of the black bra in her wardrobe and gave a roll of her eyes. Growling, she pulled the shirt off, tossing it aside and stripping out of the bra before putting on a white one instead, hell with color coordination. Satisfied, she put the white t-shirt back on and moved along with her packing.

A large duffle bag came out of the closet as the wolf withdrew a small-caliber handgun in its holster, a heavy-duty taser, some brass knuckles, and a combat knife. The knuckles went in her back pocket, the knife she strapped to a rigging along her left leg near her boot. The taser and gun she would wear in her jacket.

After that, she packed three days worth of clothes and a week's worth of panties. She had learned early in, on long jobs you always carry extra underwear, you never know when you will see a washing machine again.

Satisfied with her preparations she called for a cab while shrugging on her heavy black jacket of faux leather, the weight feeling familiar and comfortable. Largely in part to the weapons and extra ammunition lining its inner pockets. After donning her grandmother's pendant and giving the picture a long look, she locked up behind her. She carried two duffle bags in tow, one full of clothes, the other various tools of her trade along with a small laptop computer.

She left with plenty of time to spare, deciding she wanted to get some time at the gun range for the practice, knowing she wouldn't get much of a chance on the road.

—♥—

Max paced around the backstage area nervously fidgeting, his wiry tail flicking rapidly as he checked his phone over and over again for the time. He specifically told the agency he needed the guard here by four and it was already three-fifty. "Damn... what am I going to do... Leo will flip if he doesn't get someone by showtime!"

"I've been arguing with you for five minutes over this, I'm going to be late and I'm never late to a job." The wolf snarled the words as she shoved a finger into the backstage bouncer's chest. He was a larger wolf that easily had almost two feet over Tracey. "Move, or I will move you myself."

"Look, babe, you're not on the list and no one gets in to see Max without being on the list." The larger dog folded his arms defiantly.

"I already showed you my business card, puppy." The smaller wolf growled the words and flexed her fingers. "I appreciate your work ethic, I can respect it, but you turn your ass around, go in there and confirm I belong here. If you insist on standing here like a brainless scarecrow, you're going to feel pain."

"Is that a threat? I can call the cops you know." The bouncer growled the words, unfolding his arms.

Tracey rolled her eyes and gritted her teeth. "Is this some kind of alpha dog masculinity bullshit? No, it's not a threat... I don't believe I've ever threatened anyone in my life. I only offer promises!"

"Yeah, you don't look so tough to me bitch!" The larger wolf snarled the words, letting his ego finally come to the front. "You might be cute but you're not getting in here."

The smaller dog gave him a flat bored look and simply pushed a hand into her jacket, withdrew the taser, and shoved it against the larger dog's crotch.

Max shot his rounded ears up as he heard a blood-curdling howl of agony from outside the backstage door. The rat quickly scurried over to the exit door right as it busted open from a white wolf kicking it in. The small rat yelped at the scene and jumped back a few paces, seeing the bouncer on the ground twitching and spasming from the electrical shock.

The wolf looked down at the rat who looked ready to run away at this point. "A rat... you Max?"

The small male blinked at her processing the words for a moment as he grabbed a handkerchief and began to wipe his bald forehead of sweat. "Y-yes?"

Tracey gave a snort and jerked her head over towards the downed bouncer. "Sorry I was almost late, your boy there at the door wouldn't let me pass." Tracey clicked her tongue and pocketed the taser, "Also, he got confrontational with me, I felt threatened, and used enough force to subdue him without being overbearing," She recited the words like she had spoken them a hundred times in the past.

"R-right... and you... Are?" Max stuttered the words still fidgeting on his feet nervously, not sure what this was all about.

She gave him an awkward grin. "Uh... you okay there buddy? I'm your personal security." She flicked out the business card and showed it to the rat.

"Personal... O-oh! Right! Uh... is he going to be okay?" The rat timidly pointed to the doorway where the bouncer was still writhing on the ground holding his crotch.

Tracey shrugged a shoulder, feeling the ache in it. "Not my problem, he probably pissed himself though. You may need to get another guy on the door, a smarter guy."

Max shivered a little as he clicked his mic piece and asked for another bouncer to the backstage door, then looked at the wolf awkwardly. "Ah...and you are?"

Tracey gave the rat a look before glancing around the backstage area, it was full of various stagehands and roadies coming and going, setting up for the show in a few hours. "Tracey Wellford... wasn't it on my card?"

"O-oh! Y-yes it was... Well, I'm sure Leo will be happy to see you." The rat spoke as he put his handkerchief away and nodded to the wolf. "Ah let me show you aro-"

"Hey, Max! Where the fuck are you, asshole?" Leo yelled out, stomping out of the dressing room and into the backstage area.

"Ah, Leo! Leo, baby... let me introduce you!" The rat quickly scurried over to the ram, the wolf slowly following.

Leo stood there arms crossed over his open jacket. He was in the full getup, face paint, makeup, shoes, and all. "Meet who?" The ram looked down at the shorter wolf who let out an unamused snort through her nose. "You a fan or something? I'm not doing autographs right now, babe."

The pierced white ear flicked on Tracey as she felt agitation starting to well up in her again. Max just winced and gave the wolf an apologetic grin.

"Seriously though, where is this asshole? If the guy isn't showing, I'm not going on stage."

Tracey growled at the ram and turned her back before starting to walk away. "Deals off, find someone else. I came here to be security, not a babysitter."

"Wait! Wait!" Max called out in a shrill voice as he chased after her.

"Security? B-babysitter?!" Leo snapped back, glaring at the back of the wolf before stomping after her. "Who the fuck are you to call me a baby!"

Tracey stopped and looked up at Leo before giving him a bored look. "I'm sorry, did I stutter..." Tracey dropped her bags and turned to fully look upon the ram, making sure to size him up as she put her hands on her hips. He wasn't bad on the eyes, with lots of exposed smooth skin and muscle, his horns were kind of cute too. She clicked her tongue loudly before responding, "I called you a baby, you flamboyant looking sissy."

Max let out a shrill gasp and started squirming on his feet, Leo just stood there a moment looking shocked, his mouth agape.

Tracey snorted through her nose and gave the ram another bored look. "Are we done here? I can find more important people to guard if so."

Leo thrust a finger out to say something, but the words wouldn't come. He took a few steps away, then turned and pointed at the wolf once more, again finding no words. Finally, the ram shook his head and glared at the shorter wolf. "W-who the fuck are you to talk to me like that?"

"Someone that gives absolutely zero fucks about your status or fame," Tracey quickly quipped back, crossing her arms, her heavy chest pushing out now unintentionally. "By the way, the metal bands from the eighties called, they want their hairstyle back."

"Wait... you're a girl. Why are you a bodyguard?!" Leo spat out, trying to process all the insults and confrontations at once.

"Oh, give the sheep a cookie, my masterful disguise is ruined! What gave it away genius, was it the tits? It had to be the tits right?" She barked the words, showing her sharp canines, her ears folded downward.

Leo blinked at the wolf several times, actually consciously looking at her now. Most people he just half glanced at, you've seen one deranged fangirl you've seen them all. Now he was actually looking upon her in earnest. She was actually kind of cute, large chest, curvy hips, and from what he recalled a nice ass.

Tracey instantly recognized the body language and saw the ram sizing her up as he looked her over. "Take a picture casanova, it will last longer..."

"Wait a sec, a sheep? I'm a guy!" Leo finally got around to rebutting the original insult.

"You could have fooled me dressed like that!" Tracey barked out the words and rolled her shoulder. "Look kid, I don't have time for this. I'm going to get out of here and you can ask one of your bouncers to watch your flamboyant ass."

Max jumped in front of the wolf and wrung his hands together. "W-wait this is just a misunderstanding!"

"Wow, why are you such a raging cunt?" Leo huffed out as she had turned her back to leave.

She sighed and looked back at the ram, "Why are you a self-absorbed, low brow neanderthal?"

"I don't appreciate your attitude with me!" Leo snarled the words, showing his teeth.

"I don't appreciate you breathing the same air as me." Tracey fired back, showing her own sharp teeth. "You want me to take you down a few notches, sheep?" Tracey looked down at the boots he had on. "Just how high are those damn things anyway?"

The idol gave an awkward look at the threat then let out a snort before outright laughing. "W-wow... this is great!"

The wolf flicked an ear giving the younger male a confused look. "W-what the fuck are you talking about?"

"You! This... my bodyguard is threatening to beat me up! Damn Max, what the fuck have you done this time?!" The ram let out a chuckle and leaned down to smack the rat on the back.

"Uh... w-what? Y-yeah! Pretty great huh? Ha... ha..." The rat gave an awkward grin and then shot the wolf an apologetic look.

"Okay look, I already said find someone else!" Tracey fired back with a glare.

"I want you," The ram said pointedly with a playful grin.

That made her cheeks feel warm for some reason before she drooped her ears and growled. "Well, you don't always get what you want in life, pretty boy!"

"Oh, do you think I'm pretty?" Leo said with a bemused smile.

Tracey couldn't help but yip at the brazen words and then clenched her fists before snatching her bags up. "No! I think you look ridiculous! I am so done with this bullshit! I, seriously... I... I'm too old for this!"

Tracey stomped towards the exit her tail thrashing about. Leo blinked at the wolf defiantly walking away, taking a second to admire how her backside looked in those black jeans before shaking his head. He quickly outpaced the dog and moved in front of her. "H-hang on a sec!"

"Get out of my way, sheep!" The wolf snapped her teeth together glaring up at the taller male.

"For fuck sake will you just hear me out!?" Leo puts his hands on his hips leaning down as his green eyes met her azure ones.

"I've heard enough to last me a lifetime, you opinionated pompous ass!" Tracey snarled and pushed around him to continue on her way.

Leo hissed through his teeth and rubbed the back of his head, "I'm sorry, okay?"

Tracey stopped and raised her ears. It shocked her that someone like him would consider an apology. Tracey dialed the rage down a few notches and took a calming breath before glancing at the idol. "Why do you give a fuck now?"

"It's uh... refreshing?" Leo spoke the words with a laugh.

"Are you high?" Tracey barked out with an unamused look.

"I-I'm serious, can you hear me out?" Leo quickly moved over to her as he continued to speak, "Look, I need a bodyguard, and you're the first person I've met in years that isn't falling all over themselves to kiss my ass."

"Or put up with your bullshit, don't forget that one!" The wolf interjected with a glare.

"Y-yeah... sorry..." Leo rubbed the back of his head looking away awkwardly. Tracey looked the young man over once more, he was close enough to smell now and he smelled pretty nice. Despite the flamboyance, he had a distinctly masculine and strong scent to him. Tracey huffed out and closed her eyes before turning around to the manager and dropping her bags. "Where can I put my stuff?"

"So you're going to do it?!" Leo spoke out with a bright smile.

Tracey cut him a look and raised a finger. "You're here for the weekend. I will do the gig for the two days, and we will see how it goes. Then, I will decide if I'm going to put up with your shit for the long term or not."

"Thank you, Mrs. Wellford. I will put your things away in the dressing room!" Max spoke the words happily as he reached for the duffle bags.

"You touch those and I break your arm!" Tracey barked out, the rat shrinking back instantly. "And do you see a damn ring on my finger? None of this 'Mrs.' crap. Just leave it at Tracey, period." She huffed as she snatches her own bags up. "Let's go."

Max quickly scurried forward as the wolf followed after him. Leo stood there still trying to process the whole situation, watching her backside the whole way. He had seen all kinds of females in his touring, but this was the first one he had found that was so self-confident and didn't care about his fame or status. "Damn... she's actually really cute..." He hummed the words to himself aloud.

Tracey yelled out from the entrance to the dressing room. "Hey, Sheep! Stop staring at my ass and get over here, we gotta go over a few things before your show!"

Leo glared and scowled as he stomped after the two of them, quickly thinking he should reconsider the 'cute' part. "I told you, I'm not a fucking sheep!"

I hope you've enjoyed this episode, my lovely reader!

I'm not going to lie, I kick my tail writing these! A single episode can take me twelve to fifteen hours or longer to make after conception, writing, editing, and proofreading! If you enjoy this, support me, please? Vote, Fave, Comment, offer feedback, or anything else. Thank you, and as always, I'm nothing without your support!