Guardian Program Ch. 02

Story Info
Program 'Readers' are initiated, and gas lighted.
1.9k words
4.59
2.9k
6
0

Part 3 of the 22 part series

Updated 04/19/2024
Created 03/05/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: tags are for the book, not just individual chapters.

Guardian Program : Chapter 02

A novel by R.C.PeterGabriel, All rights reserved.

I continued to wait a few seconds longer until we crossed the invisible line designating the 'no-fly zone', then switched off my equipment, just as our shadows banked port to close with us. I simply finished my orange juice while returning my gaze to Miss Thornton.

We landed and taxied into a hanger large enough for a pair of blimps. I remained seated and waited until the engines spooled down before I turned the Black Knight back on and made my way to the hatch. None of my three companions exited the plane, although, I noticed Sam watched some of the events from the window where I'd been sitting.

I walked about one hundred feet to a group of eleven men and one woman waiting for me. As I did, I took note of the squad of armed marines spread out behind them. Laying my briefcase on the table provided, I assessed those before me.

"Gentlemen," I began. "The marines can provide cover for us just as easily from the perimeter, don't you think?" I didn't speak again until they had retreated well beyond hearing. Even then, as I spoke I dressed them all down with my eyes, as if they were about to be lectured by an annoyed parent.

"We all know at least of each other, and we know why we're here, therefore we'll dispense with the social niceties. However, before I begin the process, I'll remind you of the rules.

"You've been granted admittance into a very exclusive program. A program whose members enjoy 'Eyes-Only Clearance' but only on a 'need to know' basis. Any abuses of this status will drop you from the program. You have all signed multiple non-disclosure contracts to get to this point and should understand what being 'dropped from the program' means. If you don't think the hints were blunt enough, I'll spell it out very clearly.

"If you're dropped from the program, you will die. Plain and simple, you will die. You will die quickly and without a trial. Your death will not be dramatic and your family will never know the truth." I paused momentarily for effect.

"You've all chosen two members of your staff, if you have staff that is, who understand that you're in the program. They are never to be informed of any details as to what the program does. If you suspect they've been too curious about the process, you are to have them dropped from the program. If you fail to notice their curiosity and knowledge of this program is leaked in any way, no matter how small the leak, you as the responsible party, along with everyone involved, or suspected of being involved, will be dropped from the program.

"You're now in a lifetime appointment. Your current titles within your organizations have now been frozen. You will see lesser capable individuals promoted around you. This is to prevent you from ever becoming head of your organization and thus wielding far too much power.

"By finalizing your appointment into the program, you must understand that from now on you will be observed continuously, and that nothing you do will ever be private again.

"Everyone you come in contact with will have a file opened, including the strangers whose cars you walk past in a parking lot. Once you see an opened file, and the details of its contents, you will understand the gravity of your situation.

"No breach will be acceptable.

"I am the program's final guardian. Any request you make for information will ultimately pass before my eyes. If your information requested is not germane to the reasons you've given for said information, it will not be passed on. If your request is denied, I will let you know with a succinct response of 'denied'. However, this program is young and for the next few years, I suspect much of the information you request will not be available. If this is true, the corresponding response to your query will be 'data unavailable'. If you request a file and the data is unavailable, no matter how many times you reword your request, the information will not suddenly exist. Your agencies will have to get the information the old-fashioned way.

"As I've stated before and laid out in your applications, any abuses will drop you from the program. This program is not a toy. It is incredibly expensive to operate and is the reason, to a great extent, for the current national debt. Which means that you cannot use it to watch your wives fucking their boyfriends." I paused, looking each in the eye to ensure they knew without a doubt that I was serious.

"Who you might be wondering, gave me the right to have so much control over your lives? The answer is three-fold. First of all, I did. I designed the entire program from the ground up including the technology required to operate it. Without me, the program does not exist. If you believe for one moment that you may someday be promoted to my position, know right now, there are no promotions. If I accidentally die in a car crash or find myself in a coma, the program stops. I must enter a passcode daily for it to continue.

"Please note that if the program stops, that means you would therefore be dropped from it.

"Secondly, you did. When you were told to come to your respective, directors' offices, and had the basics of the program's initiatives spelled out for you, you all believed you'd arrived at the top of the food chain. Your newly acquired one million dollars a year, under-the-table salaries, might just as easily be spelled 'twenty pieces of silver'. You may have believed you were doing this for your gain, but in truth, you've sold yourselves. At least, in this case, it was for the greater good.

"You will have no freedom ... ever, for the rest of your lives. Your families may think you have great freedoms, with the toys and trips you'll be enjoying, but you will know the truth; that you're being watched.

"You will understand the gravity of what I'm saying when you return to your post and open your first file. It will be patiently awaiting your acknowledgment.

"Please note, that although you're all young by most standards, you must not underestimate the fact that the stress of this program might very well kill any or all of you.

"By accepting, you became your organization's font of information that cannot exist, cannot be leaked, and cannot go to court, but will be invaluable in the war on terrorism, and treason.

"And lastly, the Department of Defense. If you live in this country, you live under their rule. And they say that I own you. That's the bottom line.

"One last statement before I seal your fate. The reason there is one representative here from each of the government's top agencies, and military branches, is that I expect you to spy on each other. Not directly, but by doing your jobs, you will provide accountability for abuse.

"As this program continues to expand worldwide, the expense will be exponential, but the benefits will prove to be worth many times the expense. That being said you all have a very large stake in keeping the program worth the cost. Keeping it 'alive' so to speak.

"Are there any questions before you make your commitments?"

I watched them glance around at each other with slowly increasing nervousness until they realized I was awaiting an actual response. When "No" or "No, Sir" was finally stated by all, I opened my briefcase. I extracted a foldable keyboard with a twenty-character integrated monitor and a cardboard screen. I placed these at the end of the table so that no one could see our hands as things were typed. I then extracted a retinal scanner, a palm print reader, and a microphone. Lastly, I removed twelve oral swabs in individual pre-labeled tubes.

"Please, Colonel Thompson, step around the table." When he did, I extended my hand and asked for his cell phone. He readily handed it over, and I placed it into my briefcase. Next, I scanned the entirety of both of his hands, both retinas, took a DNA sample, and had him read from a card listing his full name, and a list of words; yes, no, acknowledge, denied, request, terrorism, suspect, life, involvement, as well as all twelve months, and seven days of the week. After he did so, I had him move to the end of the table and enter his password, not twice but three times while reminding him the password would require at least six alpha, six numeric, and at least one special character, and that it was required to be exactly twenty characters long. After he had completed his task, I returned his phone to him.

After Colonel Thompson, I repeated the process with Mr. Henderson and the remainder of the group. When all twelve of the designees were completely processed, I stated, "As you should know. Your phones have all been cloned, and software added to them. This is for your protection. You must keep them with you, and charged at all times.

"They are not only part of your key to accessing the Guardian Program, but they can also provide you with a 'personal surveillance bubble'. No, they will not work as a cell phone, while in that mode. Nothing will broadcast if you're in an area under protection.

"They'll also be monitored by Bridge Security for location. If you press the 'panic' icon, you'll have an armed security force dispatched to you in under five minutes while you're in the private sector, or the building's or base's security if in a secure military installation. The only exception is if you're in an area being jammed from broadcasting. In that case, you'll need to seek assistance through previously accessible methods.

"Please remember your phones will use their batteries much faster, as they'll be continuously on. Also keep in mind that if you fail to keep your phone with you and charged, it cannot provide its functions for you. In that case, you'd also be in violation of the program's rules. You may find yourself dropped from the program.

"The passwords you've chosen will remain in effect until the computer randomly requires a change or until I feel you need to change it. You'll only have thirty seconds, to enter your replacement password for the first time and a total of two minutes for all three entries. If you fail to enter a usable password in the allotted time, you will be locked out.

Because of this, I highly suggest you memorize a viable alternate password before needing it. If you're locked out, you will have to meet with me in person, explain the circumstances, and repeat the entire process we've just undergone.

"If I'm unsatisfied with your explanation, I will drop you from the program." While stating this I packed up my items. I then walked around to their side of the table, shook each of their hands, and without further comment, re-boarded the plane.

Other than the deceptions aimed at my new 'readers', the entire process had been a completely pointless exorcise. I just hoped they would be distracted by my theatrics long enough to reach the next phase of the program without them figuring out the magnitude of what they now had access to. The most dangerous phase of all had just been initiated.

End of Chapter 02: Please vote and follow so that you don't miss any chapters.