Guardian Program Ch. 07

Story Info
Jessie confides in Robert.
1.9k words
4.64
1.6k
4
0

Part 8 of the 22 part series

Updated 04/19/2024
Created 03/05/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: Tags are for the book and not individual chapters.

Guardian Program Ch 07

A novel by R.C.PeterGabriel. All rights reserved.

Jessie knocked once, then stuck her head in my office door to see if I was busy. I waved her in, even though I was on the phone.

"Ligaya, I know you're operating at a loss ... No, I don't want you to fire anyone, unless they deserve to be fired ... Do not worry, I will still pay you and your workers ... Just get them done on time ... No, all of them must test out at one hundred percent. ... Yes ... No, stop worrying, just get them done on time ... I will have the entire job's payroll in the accounts by noon your time tomorrow. Will that prove to you I'm not worried about the money? ... Ligaya, that isn't important ... The chips are far too important ... Yes ... Yes. Be careful ... Yes, be careful, good by Ligaya." I disconnected.

"How is Joy?" Jessie asked. "I haven't spoken to her in almost a year."

"She's fine."

"Dad, my Tagalog isn't that rusty, your end of the conversation didn't sound like she was fine." She walked over to what I call my 'wall-o-business' and pointed to the third monitor down and fifth from the end. It had the financials from the microchip facility I had hidden in the hills outside Butuan City. "Aren't these the numbers from her factory? She was trying to convince you to let her fire..." She paused to study the numbers a moment. "Hmm, I would have asked for a third, what's going on?"

I was stunned. "Very impressive! You took those numbers apart in seconds. She was asking to fire a third of her workers. I said no because if anyone is let go, they'll have no reason to keep quiet about the factory for one, but far more importantly, most of those workers would have no way to live without that job. There is no other work around the area that would pay a living wage. Anyway, she's just concerned because she found out she's pregnant again. She has nothing to worry about. At least not on my end anyway."

Jessie beamed. "Pregnant, that's great! Maybe I should call her."

"I'm sure she'd like to hear from you."

"I could demand she names me as Godmother this time."

Jessie walked the last few feet around my desk and slid onto my lap, then laid her head against my chest. She'd been doing that since she was a toddler and never stopped. I knew something was on her mind, but if I pushed, I would never find out what was upsetting her, so I stroked her back and waited.

"Dad?"

"Yes, Sweetheart?"

"I was up all night last night. I couldn't stop thinking about Juilliard."

Surprised, I said. "Jessie, it's been what, ten hours since you were offered the chance to go and you're already coming to me for advice?"

She sat up to look at my face while wearing a worried expression. "Is that okay?"

I laughed. "Of course, it is. I was just surprised. You normally stew about things for weeks before you ask me." Her face softened and she laid her head back on my chest, while I went back to gently rubbing her back and waiting.

"It's a huge step for me. I've never lived away from you, at least that I can remember and New York just doesn't do it for me if you know what I mean. The times we've visited, I always felt ... I don't know 'small' maybe. I don't know if I could live there. Julliard is my dream school for music, but I'm not even sure what I want to do with my life. As a career that is." She sat up again and looked at me, searching my face.

"Well, you seem to be extraordinary at accounting, have you thought about that?"

"Don't be too impressed. I only looked over the numbers to make sure they hadn't changed much. I've been sneaking in here and studying all your businesses for a long time now." She was giving me a half grin, but her eyes were saying, 'Please don't be mad at me'.

I laughed again. "Why sneak in, I'd be happy to teach you everything I know. Don't you know that everything I do, I do for you and Toni?"

"Maybe so, but every time Toni asks you a question, you give her an 'I can't tell you because it's a massive world will end kind of secret'; so I didn't ask. However, I will start now that you've given your solemn oath that you'll impart great fonts of knowledge upon my unworthy self whenever I ask, no matter the level of tippy-top secrecy you think it is." The last part was said with her patented 'I own your emotions and can manipulate you all I choose' look.

I smiled. "I promise to include you much more than in the past. How is that?"

"It's a start, but getting back to it, working with you could be an option ... I really can't say at this point. I do need to confess, that I have been discussing the real reason for needing advice with Toni, for a while now. She has given some advice that you probably wouldn't like, although some or actually most of it, I believe you'd agree with. I think from a female perspective all of it was sound though. At least in a take-no-prisoners kind of way." My eyebrows must have risen a bit because she smiled.

"I'm glad that you and Toni have become close enough that you can confide in her. I truly am, but you mentioned a 'real reason' for being hesitant about Juilliard. Are you going to confide in me, or not?"

She laid her head back on my chest so that she could talk without looking at me. "This is really hard. I don't know how to say this."

I kissed the top of her head and started stroking her back again. It was a full five minutes before she started talking again.

"I guess the best way to tell you is to tell you ... Dad, I'm in love."

"Jessie, that's fantastic!" I exclaimed, as I stood up and deposited her on my desk so that I could see her. I held both sides of her face in my hands and studied how beautiful she had become. "I am so happy for you! Who is it?"

"I ... I don't want to tell you yet. There are a few ... issues."

"I can't imagine what could be so terrible, what are they?"

"Well, for one he's older than me."

"Jessie, there have been lots of couples with an age difference who loved each other very much. Like John and Bo Derek, he was thirty years older than she was. It isn't just guys being older than girls either, like Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness, she is thirteen years older than he is. Not to mention your mother being nine years older than me, and your father being eleven years older than she was. My point is that if the love is real, age shouldn't be an issue. How much older is he?"

"Actually, he's the same age you are, twenty-eight."

"That's only ten years Sweetheart. One issue down. What else?"

"The big issue is that he's currently in a steady relationship. On top of that, I think he has a thing for a second woman, putting me way down to a low third place. Plus, I'm sure he doesn't think of me in the way I would like for him to."

"Hhmmm, if he isn't available then that is a little harder to overcome than age, but not impossible. However, you say he might be trying to be with two women at the same time. He isn't a 'player' is he?"

"No, nothing like that. It's just that I've seen him look at the second woman like he's really into her that's all."

"How well do you know him?" I asked. "If you don't know him that well, then this is just a crush and you should not factor him into whether or not you choose to go to Juilliard."

"I think I know him very well. We've been friends for a long time now. He just doesn't seem to think of me in terms of guy-girl type friends instead of just friend-friend type friends. Do you know what I mean?"

"Yes, I think so. Jessie, I don't want to claim that I know much about women or even men for that matter, but I can try to give you advice from my point of view. What is it that you're asking?"

"How do I know if it's meant to be? I mean choosing a career is important, but isn't choosing who you spend your life with even more so?"

"I would say so, yes. That sums it up very well."

"So, how do I know who is the one, and do you think that there is a one for each of us? Or do you think happiness can be found in anyone we choose?"

I had to ponder that for a few moments. "I think God has a plan for all of us, which would ultimately bring us the most happiness in life and beyond. However, since we have free will, we can also choose to be happy in whatever situation we find ourselves in. So, do I believe God would put only one person in each life that could fulfill us? No, I don't."

"So, you think that if I kicked this guy in the butt, and got him to notice me, I might win?"

"Jessie, you could look at this as a competition, but trust me it isn't. You have to think about the happiness of the other person too. If you win so to speak and get this guy away from the other two, you might find true happiness or you could make him so miserable that neither of you would ever be happy again. If it is meant to be, and I mean really meant to be, then it will happen. You might have to kick him in the butt to get him to notice you, just understand that although most men like confidence in a woman, they very rarely like a pushy woman. Be patient, and when the opportunity comes to make your feelings known, take it. Just be open to the fact that he may not choose you."

"I ... This really sucks, Dad. Why does love have to hurt so much?" She stood up and wrapped herself around me in a crushing hug. When she pulled away minutes later, a single tear fell from her eye. She looked up at me briefly, then turned and started to walk from the room.

"I love you, Jessie. I wish I could make it better for you."

She paused with her hand on the door, and with her back still towards me. "I know. I love you too, Dad." With that, she walked out and closed the door gently behind her.

End of chapter 07

I hope you enjoyed this and all of my work. Please don't forget to vote, follow, and favorite.