Guardian Program Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, that is cool but as interesting as that is, don't you get bored just sitting here? I mean I was always told flying was fun."

"I would, if that was how I always flew, which I don't. I've been up since oh-three-hundred Poison, Montana time with only four hours of sleep. Our flight will be about seven and a half to eight hours depending on what Hal needs to avoid along the way. With time zone changes that puts us in around eight tomorrow morning. I'm going to sleep. I promise I'll teach you some real flying on the way back."

"Shouldn't I try to get on your sleep schedule if we're doing something tomorrow?"

"Probably a good idea, but you're not tired, are you?"

"No."

"I have some diphenhydramine, in the lavatory cabinet.

Fifty milligrams should allow you to sleep, but would be out of your system before we wake."

"Okay, but do you have something to read while it takes effect?"

I chuckled. "Sam, I have everything to read. Literally, any book, magazine, or newspaper from any time period, in any language. As long as it has been copied to electronic media somewhere, Hal can access it. Oh, music, movies, or TV shows also."

"Anything I can name?"

"Yes, anything you can name. We seem to be at our cruising altitude. I'll get you your meds and show you how to use the viewer."

We moved to the passenger area where I had her sit in one of the two chairs, then pulled down her table and angled the viewer for her. "Hal, recognize new voice authorization: Samantha Thornton, temporary command code Charlie. Okay, now just tell Hal what you want to read."

I went aft to find her the sleeping pills. On the way back, I watched from the bunk room door as she tried to figure out how to tell Hal what she wanted. She was trying to find a keyboard at first, then tried to use the monitor as a touchscreen. So, I snuck up behind her and put my hands on her shoulders. To my satisfaction, she jumped and then tilted her head up to look at me behind her.

"What am I doing wrong?"

I smiled and slid my hands down her arms, which brought my head near hers. "You're trying too hard," I whispered in her ear, as my hands continued to travel down her arms. When I got to her hands I entwined my fingers with hers and slowly lifted them away from the monitor and set them in her lap.

"That is a touch screen, but it only works that way when you have something on the screen to manipulate. I gave you voice access to Hal. Just tell him what you want. For example, Hal, display current programming for the BBC" The screen immediately showed a commercial advertising the next showing of Doctor Who. "Hal, display the operations manual for a twenty-fourteen Ford Pinto." The screen went blank except for the words 'unavailable'.

"Sooo cool!"

I laughed and set the sleeping pills on the table, then moved to the galley. "Sorry, I don't have much in the line of food on board. Protein shakes for everyone." I mixed a tall glass and drank several swigs before setting the remainder in front of Sam. I told her I was going to bed, walked into the bunk room while listening, and started getting undressed.

"Hal, display Blade Runner... Hal, display today's Wichita Eagle... Hal, play Jessie Smith's piano concert from Missoula... Hal, display the weather for Hong Kong."

I finished getting undressed, then brushed my teeth, and slid into bed. I told Hal to dim the cabin lights and to wake me fifteen minutes before starting decent.

I must have dozed off because, in the next moment, the lights were all off except the light from the floor runners.

Sam was stepping out of her skirt. I watched her hang it in the closet next to my clothes and her blouse. She didn't realize I was watching until after she removed her bra, dropped it on top of her overnight bag, and turned to get into bed.

"Hey," I greeted her and held up the edge of the blankets and sheet for her to slide in.

"Hey, yourself," she replied, then slid in with her back to me, and laid her head on my arm. I lowered the covers and wrapped my free arm around her, then pulled her in close to spoon her. She fit perfectly.

"Good night, Robert," she whispered and hugged my arm tightly to her chest.

"Good night, Sam," I whispered back. I fell asleep with the scent of fresh honeysuckle shampoo and the warmth of her body against me. It seemed as natural as holding her hand.

End of Ch 12.

I hope you enjoyed it and all of my work.

Please remember to vote, follow, and favorite.

12