All Comments on 'Guilty'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Too short

I've always liked your stories Ohio because we get really to know the characters and my emotions are invested to the point that I'm interested in what happens to them. But in this story it is not the case. I don't know if it was that it was too short or you did not take the time to flesh out these characters well, invest more in the plot in leiu of tons and tons of sex. There was more sex in this story than plot or characterization, and that's the reason why this story did not work for me.

People are different... Not every husband or wife are extra nice to a spouse because they feel guilty, so it was difficult to believe that he would immediately jump to this conclusion just because he had been in her so called shoes. The same way, just because a spouse has been unfaithful it doesn't mean that the would readily forgive the wife or husband if they cheated on them. It might be hipocritical, but that might be the case. And trust me, the first words out of the wife if her husband was unfaithful wouldn't be if her tits were bigger or if she was younger. She would be in deep pain. Stunned. Crumbling like an animal in pain. She would only ask why. And usually there is no good reason. It just is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Oh, right!

the way for an author to resolve a spouse's guilty about cheaiting on his/her "loving spouse" is to --- half way through the story --- all of a sudden make THE OTHER spouse also feel remorseful, "Gosh, I know how she must feel, because I felt TERRIBLE, too, when I first did it, two years ago." <p>

fuckin' cliche and totally unwarranted, totally unimaginative and uncalled for! 25 is for the decent writing, and that's generous. <p>

and, then, "Honey, let's just kiss and make it up to each other and FROM NOW ON, let's be true to each other, even if we were not able, or willing, to uphold our words and promises to each other at the beginning of our marriage." <p>

and then they hit the sack and have loving kisses and are totally happy! how fuckin' stupid and cliched! LOL

bruce22bruce22almost 17 years ago
Excellent, as always, story by Ohio

It sounds very realistic as it would have if one of

them suddenly had discovered that their partner's cheating was the only thing important to them and that what they

themselves was beside the question. People are hypocritical

and love to stone others for things that they have gotten

away with.

Still I would say that the marraige after the final lines is

fragile and could collapse with six monthes

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 17 years ago
Quite believable!

Travelling spouse + lonleyness + booze = problem. Very realistic and more common than most believe. Since both are guilty there is a chance to work it out. They are tormented by their own guilt more than what the other did. Well done Ohio!

Marilyn37MWFMarilyn37MWFalmost 17 years ago
Reading below it's easy to separate the Adults ---

from the children.-----The story is about ADULTS and how they handel tough situations---Children?--Well read the children's reactions below.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
To pathetic souls on a one way journey.

Now we know both of them have feet of clay. Neither is good or perfect. Both tasted the grass on the other side of the fence and found it no better than what they had. Only erotic in that it was something new, just sex but good with someone new. There is a few writers here that make a few comments that need to be remembered. No woman cheats by accident, in every case it is always premeditated and contrived if not planned. Drinking to much is never an accident, an excuse, but then no one forces you to drik to much to control yourself and behave in a socially acceptable way, so you are still guilty. Another says once a woman cheats the first time it becomes easier and easier each time after and that she will cheat again given the opportunity and conver story. Once little miss dumpling here thinks about taking the guy have the night and that hubby had already cheated, she will conjour up ample excuses and rationals for her to cheat again and again for something new and exciting. Divorce was averted this time, but soon hubby will not be enough and divorce will be there within a year or two. Once a cheater always a cheater, that goes for husband and wife, it only time time and opportunity and an imagined reason.

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
IMHO you are the master of this genre

The pace was perfect, the emotions sublime, the love making realistic and appropriate. And after a couple of suprises (House of cards, and Blue Mini Van both going the opposite way to what I expected) I just don't know which way you'll take it at the end.

Encore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
wagon tongue

This was a very human story. You handled it very well.

It isn't always necessary to have a villain. Sometimes it is just a few good people, who have reacted in a very human way, and now have very human regrets. They will continue to have them, and they can't eliminate them, no matter what they do. They showed admirable restraint in the way that they handled a no-win situation.

cageyteecageyteealmost 17 years ago
A delightful read and an even more delightful

change from the secret cameras and recorders, hate, revenge, counter revenge, etc., etc.,that we have seen all too much of lately.

BardicheBardichealmost 17 years ago
Don't stop writing

Don't mind the hate filled comments. The people writing them are probably frustrated with their own lives or just immature. I am leaning more toward the second. Immature and cowardly as i have never seen one of those comments from others that Anon. Keep writing. This was a realistic story. Realism is what the anonymous commenter's should need in their lives.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 17 years ago
I agree with what others said

It is realistic, there is no wimp and it's well enough written.<BR>

So, why do I still feel unsatisfied?<BR>

I think it's because the "I can't really complain because I did it too" response to a spouse cheating always seems to me to be a cop out for the author. S/he doesn't really have to conjure up anything for an ending or resolution of the situation.

LEATBTLEATBTalmost 17 years ago
Very nice.

Very sensitive, very real. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Isn't there supposed to be a wimp somewhere or...

a whore, so the LW police can condemn them, pronounce the marriage over, and suggest killing someone? Geez.

thebulletthebulletalmost 17 years ago
Well done

<p>This was a very well written and totally new (as far as I can recall) look at the infidelity genre. I buy it. I buy the emotions. I buy the reactions. I buy the wide range of feelings boths partners experienced. I buy the reconcilliation.</p>

<p>My suspicion is, this story may well be acceptable to almost all of the warring factions of Loving Wives readers. I'm eager to see the comments fly.</p>

<p>Gentlemen, start your engines.</p>

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous