All Comments on 'Guilty'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 216 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Very good story of possibly realistic fiction, with mutual guilt, forgiveness and redemption. Well told

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

5* I agree James was really a piece of trash taking advantage of a drunken woman and doing so in an agressive manner. Nevertheless wife's cheating seems worse since she let James spend the night with her and had mutliple sex bouts with him. Husband felt guilty faster and got rid of Noel asap.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

NEVER tell. It does nothing good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Pretty realistic couple. Pretending everything is fine when their marriage is toast. You can pretend the intimacy is there. It isn't. By definition. If others have been just as intimate, it's not intimacy anymore. It's sharing. The problem would be if the author actually believed that's how it works and it's not just a good story about two foolish people who shouldn't be married.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Cheating isn't something where tit-for-tat makes it equal. I don't buy it that they got their intimacy back. The one Anon who pointed that out was exactly right. Once spouses have had extra-marital relations, it just becomes sex and undifferentiated because their unique intimacy is gone. And the excuse of being drunk is also just so much bullshit, because what happens when drunk began as an intent in a sober mind to be released as inhibitions are removed by alcohol. Quite simply, once done, she would do it again in the right circumstances, and what spouse would want to always be watching her at events to forestall alcohol-fueled infidelity? Nope . His was more a straight revenge fuck when HIS suppressed feelings were released by alcohol too.

Ohio does an excellent job developing emotional dynamics of troubled marriages, but tries too much to justify reconciliations. I don't always buy it. Didn't when my own wife had an affair with a co-worker at 31 and I divorced her despite demonstrated remorse and a 3 year-old. A marriage only survives longer term after infidelity when the couple has too much baggage (children, assets) to easily separate. I made the smart choice, remarried, and started another family, leaving the Ex as a bitter single mom with shared custody. Took her 5 years to remarry. Truth is, there is no "grace", but only outraged spouses. Call me 'hard-hearted' but easier to move on.

orion2bear2orion2bear23 months ago

James was asswipe if he were truly considerate he would never have pursued a drunk married woman when you are intoxicated your judgement is impaired its no different to fucking adrugged woman who can not give her consent

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As simplistic as it sounds, two wrong don't make a right. This marriage is doomed. Instead of only peter distrusting andrea, now neither one of them trusts the other from physically, emotionally cheating. They can have sex all day long but it won't make their marriage better. It's always going to be broken.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So they're both cheaters that can't say no when under the influence. Well at least they're well suited together, so that's something.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well, to be a meticulous pedant, then to restore full balance, Peter should have another round of sex with Noelle and sleep in her arms, and this time in a marital bed, not in a hotel room.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Classic Ohio. It would be interesting to hear a year down the line whether they managed to survive those revelations as a couple. Many feelings regarding adultery are not subject to rational discussion, regardless of how it's presented. It's like a knife in the gut when a marriage was mostly a happy one previously. And I'm still not sure the sexes/genders see adultery the same way. Women (wives) are more likely to be disturbed by an extramarital emotional attachment- an "emotional affair", where as men are more disturbed by the physical activities in my understanding. And it takes at least two years to fully deal with the shock from what I have read.

My first wife cheated for six months in an office romance, which I could ultimately not forgive enough to stay married despite two minor children, and her deep, evident remorse. Threw in the towel after one bitter year of trying. Men see the physicality of cheating in their heads and it can be a LONG time going away. Those TWO YEARS studies speak of are an eternity in such cases, and staying around the offending spouse is a constant reminder for that time. And once you leave the married home, it's usually not recoverable. I know when I found and married another companion, it hit the Ex hard and she was always sad visiting our blended family. Ohio's stories are best when they explore this theme more expansively.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Two one night stands, one for each. Liquor involved. Both willing to take it to their grave. What a mess. But also realistic. They both felt real remorse (though he started with confession, two years later) and swore to never to do it again. They communicated. They have hope. But the marriage has been roughed up. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

FUCK THE BOTH OF THEM, dumb asses.

sneakoneoutsneakoneout12 months ago

One kiss, a bit of a fondle, then he asks, she said yes. She was just too easy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ohio maybe presents a marriage that is salvagable. Maybe if they only did it once, felt true remorse, and really made restitution. My ex-wife cheated on a marriage of 11 years and two minor children for a year. Apologies don't much after such prolonged deception while I worked hard at building up a small but profitable business. She had actually turned down an offer of a housekeeper because it would be a potential eye witness to infidelity. Remorse means little because you cannot 'make it up' to someone after that length of adultery.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

So, she's willing to dish out guilt sex for her betrayal, but after his confession she turns a cold bitch...

Hypocrisy much....

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

I can't prove it but I know it's true, that Ohio sits in a chair while his wife fucks others and degrades him, then he has to clean her up or he won't get a hand job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good! Just a tiny tad lacking in emotion, or maybe, excitement. Too simplistic? But, Good.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Two cheaters get exactly what they deserve—each other. And, neither forgiveness nor trust is ever regained, because cheating begets cheating.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

It might be splitting hairs but, we weren't given any details of how Andrea told her story to Peter. Was she honest enough to tell him that they did it in the marital bed, that they fucked twice and the guy stayed the night with her? She mentions that the guilt didn't hit her until the next morning and then blames it in being drunker than Peter was during his indiscretion. Kinda makes me think she kept a couple of the more hurtful details to herself.

Despite the fact that they're on a level playing field morally and they both seem committed to each other and repairing their relationship I just have this feeling that her lack of total honesty is going to be a problem. Especially since Peter had the strength to kick his one night stand out after one fuck because he realized how badly he fucked up and felt guilty immediately. Andrea was completely happy to cuddle up with her guy and let him fuck her again in the middle of the night. So, like I said. Splitting hairs but, her sins were slightly worse and her honesty was less.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Well Peter, since we're both so easily seduced, and since we've both decided that our indiscretions have cancelled each other and we're okay with that, why don't we avoid future guilt and jealousy and just have an open marriage?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It isn't necessarily about love or even pride at the point described. Its whether the husband can get past the mental blocks of his wife cheating. It's not a 'one and done' or 'we both cheated and things are even' situation, but whether they could get past it. It's also not something that counseling can solve necessarily, but whether the relationship has enough connection for the offended spouse to have the time and space to get past it. My first wife had an affair for a year and we could not get past it even given an 8 year marriage. So we divorced amicably but very painfully, and we moved on from what had been a pretty satisfying marriage from my perspective. It was her alcoholism that did it and I could not emotionally invest the time in her treatment given the lack of trust spite her remorse. Anyone who doesn't think an marriage is a physical thing is a fool or naive. The mental-emotional bond is very real and disrespecting it hurts people with close relationships. Many marriages survive these interludes given demonstrated remorse, but not always. I found it easier to remarry at 32 than do the too burdensome work to salvage it. Ohio does a better job of exploring this reality than most authors here.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I bet this has happened so many times in the real world, lots on here will be kill the bitch chuck her out etc. but they probably have never had a woman who they loved , and the reverse of cheating pig of a man from some women who haven’t loved the one that they are with

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know dozens of successful marriages with interludes not unlike theirs. Mistakes aren’t unforgivable unless they are repeated, and trust is recoverable, unlike the common belief on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Young(ish), no children, little baggage except guilt, and then there is the anxiety and thoughts of being adequate (more so for the male I think). Would this marriage last given little joint investment? I wonder. I would not have stayed in it given the doubts. Amicable divorce, get another job, move, get laid, and date until new partner emerges. Yep. Better to start a younger married life where doubt is not an issue. Otherwise, cracked foundations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Destined for divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They each would have cheated again secure in the knowledge that their spouse would forgive and forget. Again. Once the trust is gone it cannot be regained. Best to divorce and start over. Especially with no kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would imagine this was an endangered marriage unless they sought help about how to avoid putting themselves in those situations going forward. They would always be in danger unless they learned the metacognitive abilities to forsee the behavioral cues and avoid. That would mean getting professional counseling and maybe some growing up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, iit'snot going to be a "happily everafter" ending. Lack of trust & respect would've slowly eroded away the foundations of their marriage, leading one or both th cheat again and eventual divorce.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Pleasant story about sharing identical feelings. No drama, just remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

They divorced 18 months later after he had cheated one additional time and she had on two more occasions.

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 1 year ago

There was no reason for him to out himself about Phoenix. I guess he did it to try to make her feel better about the guilt she was feeling ( because he was a nice guy and to show her anyone can make a mistake and that he loved her so much). He should have kept his mouth shut and savored the affection he was getting, openly forgiven her and moved on with the rest of their lives. Apparently he was one hell of a decent husband who loved his wife and would do anything to help her through her pain. Me, I would have kept my mouth shut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really appreciate how they resolved their infidelities, too many of the stories end up on a sad note. Anyone is capable of making a horrendous mistake by being caught up in the moment. It really takes a bigger person to forgive. Moving forward will never be easy but I will take that any day than live with regrets and "what if." Thanks for writing a nice piece again ohio. To the critics out there I want to say, it's not always about writing a 5 star story, sometimes the story leaves deep impressions that really has one thinking long after...!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Once again no finish.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Two sad failures that, in this rare case, ended well with both secure in the knowledge that neither would cheat again

Maybe not totally realistic but at least realistically possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Needs to have another part. What happens to James, the friends that are James relatives

There has to be more pain in the relationship as both have left the other with doubts in their significant other Ohio didn't quiet finish the story I loved the build up you could feel both of their pain

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

If you are in love and want to stay in love: 1. Don't let yourself be in a sexual charged setting while drinking. 2. Pretend you could cheat, but why? Look, dream and then stop and get out from where you are.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Good story. I wonder though that Peter could tell she felt guilty. I guess the BTB crowd didn't like the ending, however people are human and glad the old double standard wasn't the ending. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

At least this story was about guilt after a mistake. Big part there, 'A' mistake as in one. Unlike many stories that have the cheater(s) crying "it was a mistake" that lasted for months or years. For that alone, there's bonus points. However trust would still be a huge obstacle.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - totally unbelievable - this couple would not have just kissed, made up and proceeded to fuck each other as if everything was OK - yeah right - not hapenin'. As far as the story is concerned, neither spouse used a condom. She just let a virtual stranger and traveling salesperson dump a load of cum into her now potentially diseased, cesspool of a cunt. However, it probably should have taken weeks of therapy, plus STD medical checks including the 6 months for HIV, before any bodily fluids would be exchanged. It should have happened with the husband - two years ago and if it had, you could be pretty sure they would have been divorced right then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked that this was realistic. Human emotions are complicated and people do make mistakes. I do get annoyed w/ the oft-suggested notion that "in the right situation, people can't help themselves". I have always gotten positive female attention, usually for my looks, throughout my life. For the 15 years I was married, I never once had a problem being tempted. I was married, so I shut that shit down and I think word got around where I worked (80% of my workforce is female) that I don't play. In the real world, if you don't want to commit adultry, you stop that crap at the flirt stage, No one even thinks they have a chance...b/c they don't. It's not rocket science in my book. If you are married, you don't cheat. Unfortunately, having that attitude does not guarantee you will link up with someone that feels similarly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great and realistic story. There are some things you don’t tell/confess to your spouse. Peter’s indiscretion happened two (2) years earlier, he felt guilty and terrible. He finally got through it through much personal hurt and shame, he survived it and life was good. No need to hurt the wife. Andrea pulled the same crap and was handling it same as Peter did. It was working for her. Once Peter figured it out he felt he had to confront her, knowing he had done the same thing. But he didn’t know if was a one time thing or an affair. When she confessed the one time encounter, he should have been satisfied. He knew how bad she was hurting and by telling her about his unfaithfulness it just doubled her pain. He should of kept his mouth shut, forgave her and moved on. Anyone with half a brain should know that both of these encounters are definitely forgivable incidents. They were not planned and no deception was involved that precluded the unfaithfulness. One time deals and and something that would end the marriage.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 2 years ago

At least there's an ending to this 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Drunken people that feel alone do stupid things. I threw my wife of 4 years out of the house, that weekend i woke hung over and laying on a secluded high bridge. Thank god the road had been closed for the season. I dont know why i ended up there or what kept me from jumping, but im glad i didnt. That was 1994. I did actually stomp the hell out of her partner and spent 11 days in jail.. it was worth it to me. Im still alive and going on, they parted and shes alone again, im living in sin with what used to be my sister in law, once removed. but happy enough. R. Bachman

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah, I have to agree with the commentary below. Andrea was the biggest idiot here. Why didn't she just say NO to James request for a cup of coffee, as mentioned there was plenty of food and drinks Three houses down? She didn't break any rules regarding impropriety, she blew them up with a high yield thermonuclear warhead! Every warning given to the daughters of mothers and fathers she ignored. Going home at midnight by herself even if only three doors down in a "safe" neighborhood, dumb. Not being in a strong defensive mode on finding the stranger who has been flirting with you all night, dumb. INVITING HIM INTO YOUR HOME, STUPID DUMB! Not picking up the phone and calling your neighbors to come collect their drunk relative, dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well that's one way it could go. But this is the loving wives section. Where's the fireworks?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do the woman characters always make sure to tell the husband when confessing their infidelity that they had an orgasm and that the sex was good and they liked it. Who cares if it's true or not? Men are insecure and men also know that women generally take more to orgasm then men do. Yes, of course women are sexual creatures and of course, a patient and skilled lover can make just about any woman cum. But men believe rightly or wrongly that women don't necessarily have an orgasm every time they have sex, that it takes more to get them to cum than it does for a man. Why would Andrea say anything more to him about her one night stand than something like "the sex wasn't anything special" or even " the sex was terrible"? What, does an unfaithful wife now feel she has to be completely honest with her husband when describing how her one night stand was "fun and I enjoyed it Peter! I was drunk and being with someone else was exciting and he made me come!" Thanks Andrea, Peter now feels ever so much better about your one night stand with a stranger.

Peter may not have any right to a moral high ground but as usual, this author makes mutual forgiveness of infidelity so much easier than it ever could be. I won't belabor this, but why did she let the asshole in her house for coffee? If Jim was drunk, his cousin's house with food and coffee was three doors away. Andrea's decision to invite the asshole into her house was pretty close to unforgivable. He had been coming on to her and she got the message that he wanted to "get together." Andrea had to know that when she made a conscious decision to let him into the house that she was on a downhill slide to adultery. Women are not as clueless and as helpless as Ohio portrays them to be. She could have just told the asshole "Sorry, I'm half drunk as are you and I won't let you into my house." She's a married woman and this is a stranger she had just met; a married woman doesn't let a stranger into her home especially when she and the stranger are drunk. Her choices were not just bad they were dangerous and she would have known they were when she made them.

I guess that if this were real life, Peter and Andrea should try to stay together but I think there would be lots more mutual resentment than is shown here and a very high likelihood that the marriage would fail. True love just doesn't always conquer all.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

A very loving story.

People fuck up. Alcohol gets involved and it gives them the courage and removes enough guilt for them to cheat.

That is being human. It’s also human to forgive and to reflect on what you have

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Story sucked. My first wife cheated on me, I left her the day I found out. Double cheaters makeup??? You got to be kidding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yuck!! What a disgusting author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Their marriage is over. They both cheated and both are aware of it. Based on their behaviour Andrea's is far worse, she fucked him that night and let him stay over then fucked again in the morning, she didnt kick him out like Peter did when he had an affair, her lover left on his own accord. To top it off she fucked him on their maital bed. Peter needs to move on he can do better.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

once a cheater - always a cheater.

Well at least they are not wreaking someone else's marriage - just their own. hahaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ok. Neither one has the moral high ground. But that still does not mean, they forgive and forget. If either of them planned their infidelity as a revenge,then maybe. But they both betrayed each other, before the fact. I don’t like their chances....

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 3 years ago

OK as far as it goes, but I would have preferred a bit more deceit, uncertainty and lack of trust in the relationship. Once they have cheated, how do they know that it won’t happen again? Trust is easily lost, but very difficult to rebuild. I gave it 4 stars, and I read it to the end, which I don’t if the story is bad, so that is a thumbs up from me. Well done.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Another good Ohio Story

He writes some of the best stories on lit. This was a different type of cheating story. Whilst both showed lots of upset and emotion, they both acted like mature adults. Both recognised how lucky they were to have what they had got and to not throw it away in a fit of pique. I am glad they saw sense and didn't ruin their lives because of a hit to their ego.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 3 years ago
Pierremanvis

Well written story. We all stuff up in our lives but how we respond is what counts. They did it well. 5+

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good story

Both were weak and made a bad mistake. Ohio wrote it as a reconciliation and hopefully it lasts. I thought it was a little too quick for my taste though.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I'll vote 5***** !

I believe the marriage will survive. They both screwed up. They both seem to have gained some maturity as a result. It will take work, but they seem to genuinely regret their actions. Good story.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Both as bad as each other, but one can understand. I believe the marriage will not survive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Oh boy he had sex with his wife just like James did, must be a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thankyou

tkh3nkey2110. Next time I come into your town, I will have sex with every single female in your family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just

Just another nothing story.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Not ever going to happen again!

Too many commenters here seem to think that this one infidelity will lead to others and that they should both go their separate ways. How wrong can people be? I loved this story. No burn the bitch. No over the top nuclear option. No scorched earth. Two people who erred opening up to one another. Two people baring their souls. This is a relationship building moment that will make their marriage stronger. There will be no repeat infidelities. Great story, and one not often seen on Literotica. 5 Star Rating!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
At Least He Didn't

Invite the woman he cheated into their home and ultimately their marital bed for the night that she seemed to omit the details on. It was really considerate of her to give him sloppy seconds when he got home too. One question, what did she do with James' note that he left for her? Since apparently she didn't destroy it we can only assume she kept it where it could be found later by her husband. So what happens down the road when he's on another trip? Just a little drink or two or... will he end up back in a hotel room with a guest, will she end up in a bathroom giving a quick blowjob? Both screwed up (!), him first, her more disrespectful if that's possible, both guilty regardless. It's Ohio's story so we can believe they lived happily ever after, I'm a closet romantic so I'll just go his way this time. But it would be so easy for someone with more talent than I to write another chapter going in a whole different direction. Also, I'm a bit pissed that James got away clean, after fucking another man's wife all night. Don't suppose he could have given her an STD, after all he came from California and they didn't use any protection. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Unhappy

ending. It may not seem like it now, but there was no real resolution here. They are heading for more infidelities, fueled by separation and/or alcohol.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago

They should leave the alcohol alone when on trips and not together.

NicealloverNicealloverabout 5 years ago
Happy ending

I am a romantic at heart and like to see that to err is human!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

What a thoroughly depressing story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I'll give it

a year and they will be swinging; nobody reconciles after cheating, they improvise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
...

IF HE WAS NOT THAT WEAK AND PATHETIC OF A PERSON HE WOULD KINDLY ASK HER TO FUCK OFF, SHE BETRAYED HIM, SHE WANTED TO DO IT, ITS GOING TO BE WITH THEM FOREVER AND HE SHOULD MOVE ON AND SO SHOULD SHE. BETRAYAL IN A RELATIONSHIP SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, CANT BE UNDONE AND THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES WHETHER YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO ADMIT IT OR NOT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@FD45

Your comments are really great and spot on. I was thinking the same thing. The underlying problem in the relationshiop is still there. There is not such thing as "it just happened", they both allow the cheating to happen, no matter who drunk you are (at least you're being raped), you still can stop things if you know what you're doing isn't right. If they want to stay together they both need counseling to work on their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
From Luedon

"I had a male friend whose wife had sex with another man. He 'forgave' her, but penetrative sex between them became problematic. He said "I felt as though she had become dirty in there and I felt uncomfortable knowing he had been inside her." "

Excellent example why the best (only the best) BTB stories show solution for the happiness question.

I think for this male friend of Luedon the only happiness solution to find a good second woman in the future and the only honest solution the divorce and not the cheating.

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
Eh

ohio is allowed to explore the subject however he wants to, but his favorite theme is reconciliation. Here, he went the quick and easy route. Getting to rec is a difficult journey, but here it was 'all things are equal so let's sleep on it'.

Normally, his heroes take much longer to get there, usually by the man just 'getting over it'. The wayward wife cries a lot and looks at him sadly after she finishes eviscerating his soul and just does absolutely nothing but wait for him to 'get over it'.

This...is unsatisfying. It feels very unbalanced and this story is the second worst of Ohio's on this subject (the worst was the lady who got mindblowing orgasms and the cuckold husband shook the hand of his wife's lover. If anyone so clearly did not deserve any forgiveness, it was her!) . Even 'What did I do wrong' at least had that female face the current and painful horror of upset hubby CURRENTLY sleeping with a hot little chick. She faces CURRENT loss if hubby decides he needs a new piece of tail.

In this one, the wife KNOWS hubby was repentant and going nowhere, she has had it clearly demonstrated that Hubby bent over backwards to make it up to her, he has ZERO moral high ground and while he will forgive her, she...will keep it as ammunition for future fights as women usually do. "You did it first!'. Not a logical argument, but one she will sharpen up and use during the dramatic discourse of disharmony.

Not my favorite ohio tale...but more because of it's banality instead of being openly offensive like WDIDW and AIQ.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
My error

And apologies to Randi and Kimi for my confusing the two.

Lue

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@luedon

Why are you calling kimi, "Randi"? They are two different people! Maybe I should start calling you Joe?

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
I have no problem with 'quaint', Randi

Nor do I see the quote I used as being any less applicable to individuals in societies of any size or level of sophistication, regardless of its 'quaint' origins.

Lue

kimi1990kimi1990about 6 years ago
How quaint

The ridiculous proposed as the plausible. The naivety of applying small tribal and nonindustrial folk mores and dynamics to large societies has never been more ludicrous than in the "New Anthropology." Those who gaze into the "Mirror for Man" may be so enthralled. The rest of us have better sense. We are keeping our powder dry, having eschewed the Boasian idiocy.

Great story by Ohio, a master writer, who often makes comments lacking in any good sense, though.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Interesting explanations, Erotfan

I liked your "I did it first / You did it first" subcategories.

And your exploration of the female/male difference in responses was also interesting. I'm sure that some people feel that way after an adulterous liaison, but I'm equally sure that some people feel entirely differently. The problem with explanations like this is that there is such a range of human behaviours. As well as that, most of what motivates us is unconscious.

I had a male friend whose wife had sex with another man. He 'forgave' her, but penetrative sex between them became problematic. He said "I felt as though she had become dirty in there and I felt uncomfortable knowing he had been inside her."

I said to him "But she had sex with several men before you married her, why is she any dirtier now than she was before." I was trying to be logical. It was totally unhelpful so far as he was concerned.

I have quoted anthropologist Clyde Kluckhohn before and his insight, to me, still explains so much.

"Every man is, to some extent:

Like every other man

Like some other men

Like no other man"

It's that last one that is the problem with universal theories. But it is also what makes people interesting (and gives authors like Ohio ideas for the best stories).

Lue

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
I'd like to see ohip deal with the following:

He has created a typical scenario of a normally loving couple each of which has stumbled and fallen.

What if:

1) Husband can't shake images; suffers emotional collapse.

2) The pill fails.

3) At the next block party someone mentions wife's behavior.

4) ...

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
This is a sub category of LW called I did it first

This was a good story, well written by an accomplished, polished author. 5*****

I'll probably awaken a nest of trolls but here goes:

As to the story itself. This is a subcategory of LW called "I did it first - remorse."

There's another subcategory called "You did it first - revenge."

The flaw in the "I did it first - remorse" subcategory is that the act of adultery by the sexes is not physiologically, psychologically and emotionally the same. And this story points out the differences. In the female's case penetrative sex is a matter of acceptance. She must accept the penetration of her body by the male, thereby symbolically and emotionally accepting _him_. In unprotected sex she also accepts his sperm which further penetrates her body and eventually any unused spermatozoa dies and is absorbed by her body. The old adage that "when you have sex with someone you're having sex with everyone they've had sex with for the last five years" relates to more than STD's with females. She further admits that her hormonal response led to a further penetration and acceptance later that night.

In the male adulterer penetration has much more of a masturbatory component than with the female. In this case the husband relates the male hormonal response of loss of interest once ejaculation is accomplished which allows the guilt response greater sway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WHEN'S JAMES COMING BACK TO TOWN?....

He knew she was married and pursued her anyway. I would casually ask the friends when he might be coming back to town and then arrange a serious random mugging that would forever cripple him and perhaps scar his cute face beyond being recognized as human.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
3 to 1?

Oh yes that seems fair. And in his home too. Isn't equality great!!!?!!!!?......bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not quite even

If she went with James to hotel then I would say even steven.

Allowing serial seducer into their home and their bed is a nuch higher level of disregard, disrespect, and betrayal.

Not to mention James is friend of friend and will at some time return and attend party they are at. Doubt if he is one to keep a secret especially when he hits on her again and she turns him down.

Imagine them walking home from that party and find James waiting on porch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
An interesting study in mutual betrayal and reconciliation.

Except that men and women don't cheat for the same reasons. They need some serious counseling to determine what about their relationship and the adultery trumped their respect for each other and themselves.

Tenuous at best. An odd self awareness: I'm a fucking cheater, so I deserve to be married to one. I'm not sure marriage as punishment is a long term win/win.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BOTH CHEATED ON EACH OTHER

SO DESERVE EACH OTHER....END OF STORY...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
so...

...how did james know where she lived???

Then you have that predator leave a sweet note?

Oh well

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"This is fiction!"

not to the closet-cuck brigade! those wannabe cuckies live here, metaphorically at least since they actually live in mommy's basement, and these stories are what passes for real life and real interactions with women.

groom your neckbeards you cockless wonder virgins!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
C'mon

This is fiction! It's nice and really sweet. Why get so worked up over it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Equality

Of course the husband is just as guilty and also held to a higher standard in the all white male privilege means he needs to be pounded harder.

Anything else is sexist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* disgusting

typical ohio RAAC-fest .

why would you reconcile with a whore who you know is a cheater , likely a serial cheater , aids-dump who you know doesnt respect marriage or vows of fidelity ?

because you are a cuckold who LOVES 2nd hand snatch .

hope the whore brings home a strong case of aids !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
both are guilty of breaking their vows of fidelity

The husband had an one-night stand two years ago in a hotel,felt guilty ask his partner to go and is trying to fix this up by being "the best husband" etc.The wife is case is worst, she was having fun flirting and dancing(dry-humping) with James.Got a little tipsy,goes home.Invites James in her house,drink coffee with him.They had sex in the kitchen and in the marital bed and slept together.She didn't even consider an STD for her and her husband ,she didn't ask James to use condom.The pill prevented a pregnancy ,not an STD(since James was a "player").

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Hers is much worse . First she did it in her kitchen and their bed so she will think about it all the time seeing it in her head. Also the guy slept with her the night with his dick in her when she woke to him fucking her again and has a love note for memory. He could still get in touch with her if he wants also. The cheating is bad on both parts but her situation is ten time worse with who where how . No forgiveness for me and wouldn't of told her two years later just to let her feel better about her cheating and then the cunt has the nerve fresh off her fucking some guy in her hubbys bed to be more upset than him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great writing !

You can really write. To the rest of you dumbos, it's fiction. Why are you critiquing fictional characters actions in such depth? The writing was simply terrific and the feelings genuine and believable. A beautiful story of falling from grace and mutual forgiveness. Keep up the great writing. Thanks . A 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Okay,

Two cheating losers who deserve each other. What else ya got?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dr Semblance

Dr Semblance: Philosopher and Poet, brightening the heart of everyone with his beautiful insights of love in the world. 😄

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Anonymous 08/09/16 "equality" you are a moron

You read stories like this shite and just repeat what other morons say about cheating.. men can't control themselves.

What shite.

Men and women cheat because they are selfish, morally vague, cheating cunts who willingly and knowingly break their vows/commitments because they WANT to, not because they "need" to.

Idiot.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 7 years ago
Two comments

below attempt to justify that it's ok/different when a husband wanders. What a crock of shit. If you argue, "forsake all others", then it has to apply to both. No excuses. No rationalisations. No quasi psychological bumfluff. Men and women both make a choice what they do with their genitalia. In this tale they both did the same. No degrees of guilt/responsibility. No he was more drunk/had less hormonal control!! Grow up. If people decide to choose a different sex partner, accept the consequences if it goes pear shaped. Don't try to justify it being someone else's "fault".

The writing was enjoyable and, in my humble opinion, much more realistic as a scenario. Two grown ups admitting mistakes and dealing with the aftermath.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

they both learned a lesson and their marriage survived. i love revenge stories but this works also. both are guilty.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Implications and things

I really thought this was a pretty good story and understand how it happened. Sad in some ways but true. I have heard "once a cheater, always a cheater". I'm not sure that is true in the sense of doing it again. In real life I have seen (and felt) what happens when some one cheats. I chose divorce. Whether it is "for sake all others" or just a mutual exclusive agreement It means just that. I do not believe in accidents slips or mistakes. Other than rape, I believe it is always a matter of choice. That said I chose to not address STDs or pregnancies or other bad things of that nature but I will put some thoughts out that I will probably catch hell for, I don't want to hear it and that is why I will post this anonymously.

I think that when a man cheats it may not be acceptable but feel it is different than when a woman cheats. A dick is kind of like another digit to a man. To me, at least in one sense my dick is just another finger except my fingers don't make me cum. Either one have made women cum. We stick our hands in everything with really little thought of consequences. Personally I have lost a finger by doing that and have also had STDs and , sad to say, even passed it on to my wife. That however is not why we divorced. We or at least I never felt any physical danger from the women I was with and felt I had established a sort of trust with these women. I never in my life "seduced" a woman...and I never thought that I humiliated a husband, never bad mouthed him or felt like I put one over on him. I know I fucked married women and am sure I fucked married women but didn't know they were married. I don't do that any more...had to learn a hard lesson and came to realize I had deeply hurt another man. I was and am sorry and never meant to do that...and haven't since. The women went with me most willingly. They chose to offer themselves and I took them up on their offer. Married or single.

I am drifting...The point I am trying to make is that there not necessarily an emotional connection between a dick a finger or one's head. There is no issue of trust. A woman takes a man into her body. There in lies the issue of trust physically and mentally. If you've ever had a colonosocpy believe me you have to trust that Dr. cuz he's sticking something in your body and that thing couldn't care less about where it goes. A woman gives herself to a man. She has to make a choice whether to do that or not. If she is married or seriously hooked up and out cruising around it is because she chooses to. Women are more selective than men. They get to choose. It is the choice they make and that choice can hurt and do great damage, often irreparable to a relationship where it has been agreed to be mutually exclusive. A man makes a choice too...but only after the woman does.

I could go on but I guess I'll leave it there. Decided just now to not post this anonymously.

266

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
James typical predator

Flirts with married female at party. Waits for her on porch lying about need for coffee..could have had thst at party...seduces wife then leaves note pretending to be oh so considerate.

Husband needs to track him down! Give note to James' wife.

Wife knew what would happen if she let him in.

JUST A MATTER OF TIME WHEN HE IS OUT OF TOWN AGAIN!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Equal?

While I really like Ohio's stories, this one comes up a little short on the equal balance scale. The wife was not all that drunk when she went home and was not at all drunk after spending time in the kitchen - she was just looking for a hot sexual experience. While her husband got seduced by the corporate whore he did in fact kick her out after getting rid of his blue balls but, the wife engaged in a romantic embrace in the kitchen and let her lover carry her to the marriage bed and continuously make love to her all night. This was a loving experience for her one that she will remember all of her life a night that she will probably use in her Jill Off sessions for years ahead. No, not all was equal here and the stupid husband should have kept his mouth shut instead of his lame confession. Men cheat because they can't control their hormones, women cheat because they want more emotional/romantic/fantasy experiences and they get much more involved in the affair and are much more likely to carry on the affair.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous