All Comments on 'Habakkuk Pt. 02'

by chymera

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
dragonmann72dragonmann726 months ago

Not being a lawyer my self, and the choice of stories of late, I think I can overlook it just this once.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter466 months ago

Good story but I think the complexity of the plot and the number of characters did take away from the enjoyment. Had to reread several paragraphs to figure out who was doing what to whom.

secretsalsecretsal6 months ago

"But don't be discouraged. I'm sure you can find plenty of other things to pick apart here."

Well ackchyually... it's 'Lo and behold', to evoke dramatic effect, not to imply that the recipient should cast their eyes downward.

I kid, well-crafted story and quite a distinctive style. The breezy pace has merit, but IMO could have been more powerful if there was a little more emphasis placed on the good human moments. Right now, everything gets the drive-by treatment and leaves it a bit uniform. Nitpicking done, looking forward to more stories down the line.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

The sequel lacked the passion and pain of the first. I did like some of his revenge techniques that were effective without violence, but the "romance" at the end was pretty bland, like you thought, "oh, I better throw in something to finish this." 3.8*

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv696 months ago

Loved this follow up. And while at times I'm a distinct BTB fan. I enjoyed the manner and fashion in which the MC achieved his revenge. Only complaint was this second chapter seems a little flat. Lacking that fire that the first chapter had

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit6 months ago

Nice closure for Hak, and the story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Okay but too much legal beagle stuff.

deependerdeepender6 months ago

I'm sure they can, but not me. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Shame it tokk so long for part 2, always spoils a story having to go back and recap

Never understand why people publish stories, in seperate parts, just finish and post it!!!

So for that reason alone 2 star

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Tales of lesbianism? What goes? Not really written clear enough to say that t is a loving wife story but more like a husbands revenge.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

weird story but very interesting . to often reality is closer to fiction than you think . there are probably children living in situations like the guy in this story but there arent any heroes to save them and thats the saddest thing of all .

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
Interesting

Finish

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I will be honest and say it feels like a I am reading a rough draft of a story. More outlines on what's going on and little details to tie it all together.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Damn good story. I believe you could have fleshed it out in part two with the personalities explored in more depth as well as trials and tribulations of presenting the various court cases, but then again other readers might complain that to do that would just be adding fluff .

R_GazinyaR_Gazinya6 months ago

Character development in this work deserves a five; the happy ending was whipped cream and a cherry on top. People who nitpick fiction need psychology help.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Now that is how you do BTB! Part one was a bit over the top but he took care of business by the end!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Moronic.

Frank66Frank666 months ago

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a hooker?

A: the hooker stops screwing you when you're dead.

As to the story- it was okay, enjoyed reading it, but it seemed like a biography of Habakkuk(?).

Lowrider2020Lowrider20206 months ago

I enjoyed the story and know the definition of FICTION so I don't nit pick.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

"huge firms who paid 6- and 7-figure retainer fees every year, above the actual cost of S&D's legal services." - I'm FAR from an expert, but I believe that the actual cost of legal services are credited against the retainer.

\

"when the judge found out that she and her counsel had hidden the account." - They can't prove that Bobby had hidden the account, because that was on the illegal recordings.

ribnitinribnitin6 months ago

The first chapter was gripping, even though parts were over the top. This chapter is not gripping, and the parts that were over the top in complexity detracted from the story, making it more of a chore to finish. It's often hard to maintain the tension in sequels.

bobareenobobareeno6 months ago

I appreciated the disclaimer regarding adverse possession at the end. Yeah, she had no case. Not Chymera’s best, but there have been some good ones, so I’ll keep reading.

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Not as good as chap 1 m in my opinion, but still a pretty good wrap to Hak’s story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This story opens the door for all the btb loving wives writers to release the fire and brimstone of all the wronged namesakes of biblical prophets and such. Chapter one, Adam and Eve.... her errant lovers nickname is Snake... boy oh boy oh boy !!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I enjoyed it and as I'm not a lawyer and enjoy fictional, anything can and often does happen in fiction so do not pay any attention to the critics. JRM

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg066 months ago

Really enjoyed the story

5 ⭐️

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle6 months ago

The first chapter was excellent, this was just bullshit.

If this was the best you had to offer, then no wonder your wife fucks other men: you’re a disappointment to everyone.

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a story l enjoyed very much. This is a good ending

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I just love it when all the “Good Guys” win and the Bad Guys go down in flames. 5*.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Amazing BTB. I didn't read part 1 yet (partly, because I suspect it would be more depressing and less satisfying than part 2); but this one gets an easy 5 stars from me, actually would have been 10 stars if possible. Thank you for giving us the pleasure of reading this story.

Norseman123Norseman1235 months ago

great 5***** no violence just justice within the law and a BTB on steroids.

GladstonGlieseGladstonGliese5 months ago

Overall, a great story, and more creative than most. I do feel like something was lost shifting to third person perspective for this part, and both parts had very different tones. Part 2 also seemed a little rushed. But still, it was something new and well told.

AngelRiderAngelRider4 months ago

The stuff with Gloria is outright rape through blackmail and coercion. That tends to piss me off but I did like the story.

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Глорию немного жаль, но история хорошая!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 days ago

pretty good 2 part story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous