Habakkuk Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But now that Bobby was with an even better firm than Jameson, Atkins and Fisher, maybe he could finance her PhD. Then Eva could find a college to work at. She would just not mention teaching at the high school and never have to ask for a recommendation.

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Hak stopped Gloria in the parking lot as she was leaving school. She almost ran back inside when she saw him, knowing how he had gone after his wife and her husband. She dreaded what he would do to her. He had threatened her job the night he had caught them all but hadn't yet followed through.

"Hey, Gloria. I've got a film to show you." Hak held up an Ipad. "It shows you making love to one of your students. An underage student."

"That never happened! I won't do that!" Gloria hissed, looking around to see if anyone was near enough to hear. No one was.

"Oh, yeah? Maybe I'm wrong. Let's watch the video." He hit play.

The picture started up in the living room of Regina's and Ronnie's house. As the camera started up, it flashed across a newspaper on the table. A TV news program was playing on the TV in the background. The camera moved through the house; noises of sexual play clearly heard over the TV. As the door to the bedroom opened, there was Regina and Gloria cavorting on the bed. Gloria jumped up, pulling the sheets around her, demanding that the camera be turned off and the video erased. The film stopped.

Gloria smiled smugly. "She not my student anymore, and she's not underage!"

"No? This video's over two years old, and Regina wasn't even 16 yet!" Hak insisted.

"NO! NO! That was last week, and Regina's over 18 and not a student!" Gloria panicked, forgetting to keep her voice down.

"I think maybe you should watch the video more closely. The newspaper on the counter? From a day two years ago. The newscast on the TV? From that same day. And Regina and Ronnie will both testify it was two years ago." Hak tsked and shook his head. "Did you see any tattoos on Regina's body? She's gotten several in the last year. None of them were showing in the video."

"She must have covered them! She must have!" Gloria was panting now with a growing fear.

"You know, not only will this get you fired and banned from teaching, but" the lawyer shook his head again, regretfully, "the police and the DA take cases of teacher-student liaisons very seriously. The student part isn't too bad -- in the last case, the teacher only got a 180-day sentence. Ah, but the statutory part of your crime, that's easily good for 2 to 20 years. And you'd be a convicted sex felon forever."

"No, it didn't happen. You can't use that tape." Gloria pleaded.

"Oh, yes I can." He stated as he smiled smugly. "Of course, I won't if you are willing to work with me."

As Gloria agreed, "to anything" she insisted, he looked over her body. He'd watched the video of her, his wife and Bobby several times, and she was a sight to behold. Before his plans for vengeance, he intended to enjoy some sessions with this bitch. He had had several "graduation ceremonies" with Mona right after his marriage had fallen apart, but Mona had since fallen for a kindred spirit and got married. It'd been a long spell since then, and Hak could think of several things he wanted to do with Gloria.

Then there was his vengeance against Bobby and his wife to consider. And he wanted to give his PI a reward. And maybe a few other people who Gloria might not like so much, but Hak could insist on.

And there were the sisters. Hak called Ronnie to tell her how well everything had worked out, and to think her and Regina again for their help. Ronnie brushed off his thanks. "Hey, dude, you've bailed the Twisted Sisters out several times, all pro-bono. We were happy to help you out."

Hak made a mental note to add the sisters to the list of favors Gloria was going to have to provide.

[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Bobby assured Martha that they had a lock on the case. They could prove, beyond a doubt, that Martha had resided for more than 5 years in the house, and had paid the property taxes, on her own and without objection from Meredith Larkin, for those five years. It was open and shut. So strong was their case that the two junior partners had stepped back from the case, telling Bobby that they were sure that even he couldn't screw it up. Bobby didn't mention that sentiment to Martha as they smugly smiled at each other.

Discovery had allowed Hak's forensic accountant to examine her bank accounts, which clearly showed the taxes being paid out, but there were no deposits restoring that money to Martha's accounts. Hak was stumped. The facts seemed to line up against Meredith. Hak believed her version of events but was at a loss at how to prove the truth to the court.

It was his PI who saved the day. He was so appreciative of the weekly gift that Hak had bestowed upon him, the weekly gift of the glorious Gloria, that he spent time and money to illegally bug Robert's office and the apartment that Martha had moved into. Low and behold, when pressed by Bobby, Martha admitted to having a secret investment account, where the tax reimbursements had been deposited. Hak would be able to get access to that hidden account. It would also be harmful to Martha's case when the judge found out that she and her counsel had hidden the account. Hak would have to find legal way of "discovering" the account where Garcia's knowledge of it could be established.

But a bonus occurred during Martha's meeting with Bobby. She stated that Ralph Larkin had had an insurance policy with XYZ insurance company, which Meredith had never cashed in. Martha had all the correspondence from the insurance company and wanted Bobby to find a way she could make a claim on it. To her disappointment, Bobby failed to think of any scenario where Martha could make a claim on her then neighbor's life insurance.

But as Meredith's lawyer, Hak contacted XYZ that day, establishing that Ralph had had a $2 million dollar policy, which he had established before his marriage. XYZ confirmed that the premiums had been paid until 5 years ago, when the premiums began being deducted from the cash value of the policy. They informed Hak that the cash value would be depleted before year's end, and then the policy would lapse.

"But we've informed Mr. Larkin by correspondence of all this. Why are you asking?" the representative queried.

Hak informed them that Ralph had died 5 years previously and that the account had been illegally hidden from the widow. When the company representative objected, the lawyer assured them that he didn't suspect and wouldn't accuse the insurance company of any wrongdoing. Quite the opposite; he was sure that they had acted honorably, and the illegalities had been done by a third party. However, he informed the representative that Meredith would be making a claim based on her husband's death five years prior.

Next, he called Rosa and asked her to call several banks and investment firms to find out if Martha had any accounts with them. The list he sent Rosa included the firm Martha had revealed to Bobby. When Rosa reported that Martha had accounts not only at that investment firm, but at another bank as well, Hak was able to get a warrant for the records of those accounts from an unsurprisingly pissed off judge. When they presented the accounts to the judge, there were cash deposits which matched the taxes that had been paid.

Hak also presented the judge with the copies of all the correspondence the insurance company had sent to Meredith, which she had never received. Based on the assurance that Martha had handled all the mail, the judge issued a search warrant and instructed the police to execute it on Martha's apartment. They were able to recover the insurance correspondence that Martha had saved in the greedy hope that she would somehow be able to collect on the policy. They also discovered the notices from the state, showing that Martha had filed for adverse possession and had hidden it from Meredith.

The judge referred the evidence to the DA, recommending fraud charges be initiated against Martha.

When the court imposed fines against Martha for withholding information about her investment and bank account from discovery, Bobby argued that the accounts were merely overlooked because Martha had assured Bobby that the accounts were unrelated to her case. Hak shook his head at how stupid Bobby was. He then drew out from Bobby a full admission that he had known about the accounts, but insisted again that they were unrelated to the case.

The judge didn't think so. He referred Bobby and his firm, Strum and Deutsch, to the bar association. The judge noted that two junior partners in the firm were listed as associates in this case. Eventually, the bar association would sanction the firm, but would disbar Robert Garcia for willful malfeasance.

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Before disbarment, Bobby was surprised by a divorce petition from his wife, stating adultery with Eva and Ernie as her reasons. Her lawyer? Habakkuk Jameson.

While Garcia argued that there was no adultery, that Gloria and he had an open marriage, Hak countered that the marriage was opened to participants with both partners engaged. His PI (and secretly Gloria's albeit unwelcome lover) had managed to place several cameras in their house, with Gloria's permission where not only were Ernie and Eva captured having sex with Bobby without Gloria's participation but were captured talking about Bobby replacing Gloria with Eva. While Bobby had been intrigued, he had never agreed, but the recordings confirmed that the three were engaged in activities without Gloria.

Garcia's courtroom manner deteriorated during the proceedings, in which he insisted on representing himself. By the end, his arguments would have been best described as whining, much to the irritation of the judge. That irritation showed in his decisions.

At the end of the proceedings, Hak was able to garner 60% of their net worth for Gloria, as well as residence in their house for the next five years, after which Gloria had the option of buying out her husband or selling the house. Gloria would be entitled to 60% of any profit. During those five years, Bobby would still be responsible for 50% of the household costs, including the mortgage. Should he fail to make those payments, they would be deducted from his 40% of the property, including interest.

Hak felt that his revenge against Robert Garcia had been accomplished, especially when the order for disbarment was delivered the following week.

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Hak had some fun with Gloria, but found that sex without love was hollow, and sex fueled by hate was depressing in the end. Although Gloria's end was nice and tight.

He gave Gloria outright to the PI, who fat, bald and fifty, couldn't believe his luck. He had never had a lover half as gorgeous as Gloria. Under threat of having criminal charges filed, Gloria agreed to a six-month sentence, during which time the PI owned her from 5 o'clock every Saturday until 12 noon on Sunday. Gloria figured 26 sessions of abuse with the smelly man was better than years in prison.

It was during the 5th weekend that the PI introduced Gloria to his friends...

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

When Gloria's divorce decree was finalized, Eva found herself out on her ass. She had rejected Ernie when they had been fired, and now, when she came hat in hand, he had jumped her bones. After painfully pounding her holes overnight, Ernie had then laughed and had thrown her out of his house.

She began bed-surfing, staying with acquaintances who had dreamed of fucking her for years, but who would soon tire of the bitter bitch who fucked well but was unbelievably demanding outside the bedroom. She rarely lasted a month in the same bed.

With no money in the bank and teaching denied her, Eva applied and was accepted in a management training program for a retail company. Eva hated the idea, the position obviously beneath her. But as she was running out of lovers who would offer her even temporary shelter, she needed the job to pay for an apartment; an apartment that made her college abodes seem like mansions. Again, she cursed her husband for driving her to such depths. It was Hak's fault. It was, she told herself.

As she drowned her sorrows in the cheapest whiskey that the dingy neighborhood bar had to offer, the seat next to her was suddenly filled with a large, bearded man. "How about a quick screw for $250?"

Ready to attack the man for his disrespect, it suddenly struck her that $250 was more than her take-home pay for two days work. She appraised the man. How bad could it be? She hadn't gotten laid for several days. It could solve a lot of problems.

She smiled back at the man.

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

When Hak brought the paperwork from XYZ for Meredith to fill out, she collapsed on the couch, sobbing.

Hak and Ruby rushed to comfort her. Hak gathered her to his chest and comforted her, as both Ruby and he tell her that she was okay, that it was a good thing.

Meredith sat up, finding herself in Hak's lap as she panted and finally managed to get out, "Two million dollars! Two million dollars!" She hugged Ruby to her and pulled them both into Hak's chest. "I was so afraid. I had nothing; how could I take care of Ruby? We were so lost..."

She lay her head back against his chest, sitting quietly for several minutes. Then she threw her hands around Hak's neck and passionately kissed him. "You are our hero!" she whispered.

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

It was a year later that Ruby was the flower girl and Rosa the matron of honor.

Hak stood proudly as the vision that was Meredith floated down the aisle on the arm of his "uncle", Howard Jameson. He knew this was a woman who loved him; this was a woman that he was able to satisfy in bed, a woman who could raise the dead with her sexuality. God knows she raised him for not just a second round, but quite often a third. His smile grew broader as he thought about the pleasure this woman brought to him.

They were getting married just in time. Soon it would be obvious to everyone that Ruby would soon be a big sister.

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Author's note:

Yes, I know that Adverse Possession requires a possession that is hostile to the true owner, and that this can occur when the actual owner is residing with the claimant. However, not being a lawyer, I couldn't figure a way around it and decided that for my purposes, that element doesn't exist in Habakkuk's world.

But don't be discouraged. I'm sure you can find plenty of other things to pick apart here.

12