All Comments on 'Hail To Whatever You Found'

by HarryC

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
could have been better

Actually, the story itself is pretty good, and well written. However, it would have been better if you had chosen to omit the political, animal-rights garbage at the beginning. This is not the venue for that sort of diatribe.

-- KVK

HarryCHarryCover 18 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading...

... and thanks for commenting, too. I really mean that, by the way, especially as on average 0.25% of people who read my stories take the time to vote on them. So I enjoy it when someone not only votes, but gives the reason why they voted.

I'm not so enamoured of the anonymous comment option, though, as it means that if I want to discuss a point someone has raised, I have to respond publicly.

Personally, I don't feel that just because a story is erotic means it has to be empty of everything that isn't sex. That said, I didn't really feel that the "animal rights garbage" went too far. Firstly, because it's important in setting up Shelly's character, and the more grotesque elements are covered and out of mind before they can ruin any erotic atmosphere. Secondly, because I'm not really exaggerating anything about the treatment of <I>some</I> of the animals we consume. I have actually toned down the conditions somewhat.

I am not a vegetarian, and have philosophical issues with the viewpoint that we should all be vegetarian. (Colin McGinn's position on this is probably the most interesting.) However, when I buy meat, I always pay the fraction of money more to get meat from animals that were well treated in life. It really isn't a lot more money, it means you can often support a local butcher rather than a multinational shopping chain and the meat, usually, tastes a hell of a lot better.

In an average lifetime, a person effectively consumes nearly 2000 animals, the figure breaking down into 20 pigs, 29 sheep, 5 cows, 780 chickens, 46 turkeys, 18 ducks and about 1,000 fish. We can either let these animals endure hell before we eat them or not, but for me at least the choice is not a difficult one.

Now this post was a diatribe.

If anyone wants to debate this topic with me, or just tell me how much of a fucking idiot I am, please feel free to do so through my e-mail rather than cluttering up the literotica boards.

I hope everyone enjoys this story.

All the best,

Harry

grumbletasgrumbletasover 18 years ago
.Enjoyed the story :)

Well done Harry.

I enjoyed your story very much and I did not find the disillusionment part about her job at all out of place.

Having worked for "bottom line fixated" companies in most of my life I do feel empathy for the way she felt. Battery raised animals live a terrible life no matter what way you look at it.

I found the deliberate teasing of the young man in her youth to be very arousing and her rejuvenation by a youth to be very erotic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous