All Comments on 'Halos and Heroes Ch. 17'

by WasAlmostFamous

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I Love this

The mark of a good writer in my mind is when the story comes alive in my head and I can actually see the story taking place. You’ve done this with this story. I love that it is a well told story and the main character just happens to be gay. Finally!!

I can’t wait to read the rest of the chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

So good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
?!

What's with the one page chapters off late?

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
They are book length chapters

If you were reading the pdf file which is e book format, they wouldn't seem short. For most of these, there is no reason for them to be longer. I can't drag out dialogue that shouldn't be, because when the characters stop "talking" to me, they do. Writing just to fill pages becomes wordy and unnecessary if there is really nothing else to say. The story is 33 chapters and over 250 word doc pages long..its not short LOL.. The content is there. But I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
And just an fyi that is ironic

When I published a SHORTER version of this (probably a good 40 pages shorter), I was told it was much too long, and had to tear it apart so it was more rushed, especially at the end. That's why now that I have no further intentions of publishing again, I revised it the way I wanted it to be.

The opening chapters were just very long because it was "world building," and mostly internal monologue.

greystongreystonalmost 5 years ago
Brillant

"And, Sam?" I turned back in time to hear her say, "I can see you like to hang to the left, but it's a right to the house."

I spewed coffee all over my shirt and laptop. So witty!

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you guys! Greyston...

Wait till she meets Max...ooh boy the hijinks. She and Max are birds of a raunchy feather.

YandisaNgxabaneYandisaNgxabane7 months ago

I love how fledged out your characters are. Thank you for sharing your gift 💙

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I like Ben!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasAlmostFamous@WasAlmostFamous
79 Followers
Update: I know I haven't posted in so many years. I am around but after Covid and life/job changes I didn't have time. And then after years of symptons and a year of tests, I was diagnosed with MS so it's been a whirlwind with dealing with that, sleep deprivation and meds on t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES