All Comments on 'Halos and Heroes Ch. 31'

by WasAlmostFamous

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

You are just so good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sorry the story is almost over!

I've been loving you story and style of writing. So sorry to be nearing the end of the story. Would like to read more like it. Keep up the good writing. Bob.

OnimOnimalmost 5 years ago
WOW!!

This story of yours...you've enlightened us, gave us much laughter, brought many tears, depicted the anguish, fear, and anxiety of PTSD (vividly), and shown the realness of the plight that our government leaves the brave ones of us that actually do what's needed to protect this country...our veteran's should NEVER have to worry about a thing after their service to this country! They should be given the monies that we pay the inept, undeserved people in DC...instead of empty thanks and platitudes out of the mouths' of the greedy and avaricious...I digress...SORRY...Your story is quite beautiful, loving and informative...THANK YOU for sharing the awesome talent you possess!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Loving this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

I have a loved the story from its beginning. This chapter however, brought tears to my eyes.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you everyone Anonymous:)

All the comments were so supportive and just made my day. Thanks so much for following along and putting up with the ups, and down and the length of course! :)

Never feel afraid to digress. I try not to get into politics in my writing because I was already unfairly accused of writing for the ROTC, but if you hear that message, not going to say I disagree :)

I have other novels in this series planned, but school starts again soon and its back to my day job of molding little minds. So I will slow down, but be around. You can always email me to check in. My email is linked to this pen name and in my profile. Will be posting much lighter shorter stories in between the long works. I usually alternate between deep and complete but fun fluff, so the fluff will probably be next.

I hope you find the end satisfying and I look forward to all and and feedback. Take care!

JJ

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
ANd ugh..

Sooo…. my dumb butt made a mistake. My last two chapters were set to publish tomorrow and Thursday but I hit the wrong thing and was forced to have to resubmit them because they were accidentally moved to the draft folder and I had to submit again...leaving a note o the LE mods and hopefully they just put them right through because no changes were made. Bah sorry!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
so human, so real

There is so much skill in how this is written to carefully reveal the characters at the pace it needs to be revealed. Each chapter only makes me eager for the next. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
i could take this as an end

of course want the HEA with Ben, but that last line, near perfect. I'll deal. He's ready and fighting, fuck it bring it on. Yes, could take this as the last line for your story!!!

hungdad1957hungdad1957almost 5 years ago
amazing!

I'm usually here looking for jack off material, but your story pulled me into the lives of the characters. Very moving, sad, and joyful all at the same time. I know you should leave your audience wanting more, and you ended well, but I really want to know more: about Ben, about Max, how life turned out for Sam and his family, did he ever get some peace about Connor, . . . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Love this story

So well written! Such great characters!

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Its not the last chapter!!! 2 more to go. 33 in total.

Thanks for all the support and feedback. This is NOT the last chapter. We still have his big scene with Ben. Sam gets it TOGETHER. Promise!

Thanks! That's a huge compliment...just were looking for smut and you made it through 31 chapters!!!

Just temporarily follow me till the last chapters are posted and then you can remove it. It will just let you know when they are posted.

I made a mistake and had to resubmit them. I let the LE mods know nothing changed, so hopefully they republish them quickly. They had been approved, but I had them on a view screen and couldn't get out of it without resubmitting.

But cross your fingers it happens soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WasAlmostFamous is a term of the past...

After this very captivating story, you deserve to retire the WasAlmost from your pseudonym.

Can’t wait for the final chapters, so this enthralling story comes to a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
TERRIFIC CHAPTER

LOL – So I FINALLY get into 'gotta see today's chapter NOW' mode... and then it wasn't there. Had me worried until I thought to look at the comments. Thanks for keeping us informed about what's going on. Too bad about having to re-submit. Looking forward to the final 2 whenever they get here. Doubt anyone who has been reading this compelling story will give up at this point.

Really enjoyed that you portray Sam as intelligent enough to recognize that repeating the same behavior isn't going to work (3rd time line was great), and as someone who's found his way to realizing that his girls are helping him as much as he's helping them. (Implicitly, he's starting to believe he's worth saving, too.) Also have been surprised at how much I've grown to like Adelyn and enjoy that you developed her into the pivotal player in convincing Sam to return to his family. You carefully built your way to that plot twist - believable, but didn't see it coming.

Will admit I've become a bit obsessed with seeing what your lead-in quote will be on each chapter and how they tie into the story. Just so much to enjoy. Great job! Will be watching for anything you write – fluff or heavy. You are very talented. Appreciated your response to my comment, and the parallel black belt story. ….'flexible' anonymous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I teared up...

I'd pay to read this story. Seriously!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bated Breath

Thanks for the updates; I check daily for the final chapters...

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Aww thanks guys!

Thanks Anonymous (WasAlmostFamous is a term of the past...)- I had intended to register with the pen name I'd intended to use if I ever went back to professionally publishing (JJ Quinn), but I honestly don't have the time with my day job and just where I am in life. I write too slow for serious deadlines, but I'm happy to just write for the enjoyment of it, and love knowing that people are enjoying the effort. So glad you are finding it worth the time to wait and read. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks again, "flexible" Anonymous (TERRIFIC CHAPTER)- The quotes were NOT easy to figure out. A lot of time spent researching those. Sometimes I wrote the chapters and searched for quotes that would work, and other times I just worked the chapter around a quote I liked. I'm following the quote per chapter format for the next books in the series, but am having a tough time for the ones for Max. VERY different character than Sam. More to him than the freaky deekiness than meets the eye though...I just need to find time to sit and write and finish the story so he redeems himself a little in the eyes of readers. He's complicated. As far as Adelyn, so glad you enjoyed that. When I originally wrote this, the editor didn't want me to add any of this because she said it was too long as it was, and reviews came back saying the end was rushed, which I felt too. But since I decided to retire from professional writing, I revised this version exactly the way I wanted and by the comments, it seems all those revisions (MANY MANY of them LOL) were worth it. But yes, the fluff is coming! Possibly in time for the Summer Lovin' contest, but not sure. Depends on what I get accomplished before the school year begins. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks Anonymous (Teared up) - That's very encouraging! Especially because Ebooks aren't cheap anymore. But you get my writing for free! Yay! :)

No problem Anonymous (Bated Breath) - They are coming. Under my pending files they are listed as still pending, but they also say NEW which means that the mods are working on getting them posted. Fingers crossed that they get posted sometime this weekend!

Thank you everyone again. It really makes me so happy to know that the story is being enjoyed, because it is a long novel even if read in a pdf/ebook format, so I'm glad that you're all keeping with it to the end. Hope you find it worth the wait, and the read when all is said and done. Take care!

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Rest of story?

Hi first of all this is the best story on this site in forever love love loving it have read everyday but am now confused where are the other chapters to finish the story?????? Please say uv finished it can't get this far and no ending please let us know what's going on eagerly await ur reply

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Anonymous, scroll up.

Hey! :) Scroll up. I've been updating in the comments.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Finally! Chapters 31 and 32 will be posted

SOON! CHAPTER 32 is scheduled to release August 5th and CHAPTER 33 on August 6th.

It will all finally come to an end. Thank you to everyone who has been following along despite the length. I had no control over how quickly everything was posted, but I DID write 33 chapters! So thank you for the support and I hope you all find it worth the read when it's over!

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
is the title the same in Novel and Novella?

I can see chapter 32 in the 'Also in this Series' but it isn't actually uploaded... I am jonesing…. where can I read the completed story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Oh my goodness

This story is so good. What’s the deal with the final two chapters?

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
This is located under Gay Male. Click on my name, WasAlmostFamous

And it will bring you to my page and every chapter is listed there. It shouldn't be under Novels/Novellas anymore. It was moved because people complained about it being there. All the chapters up to 31 should be there. 32 and 33 will be posted on Monday (tomorrow) and Tuesday.

Hope that helps!

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousalmost 5 years agoAuthor
All my updates are above but here it is again

08/04/19

Finally! Chapters 31 and 32 will be posted

SOON! CHAPTER 32 is scheduled to release August 5th and CHAPTER 33 on August 6th.

It will all finally come to an end. Thank you to everyone who has been following along despite the length. I had no control over how quickly everything was posted, but I DID write 33 chapters! So thank you for the support and I hope you all find it worth the read when it's over!

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the best story I have read here, I was so glued to my phone that I didn’t want it to end. Do you have any more stories

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamousover 2 years agoAuthor

Hi Anonymous! I was sick for a long time and then just got so busy. I work two jobs so it's hard to find time to put pen to paper. I have sooo many stories half written and mapped out but haven't finished. I. Hoping to finish the segue between books one and 2 by the end of the year. It's 1.5. Started our short, as a wrap up after halos and heroes on their wedding day but thw characters wrote themselves into a full length thing with each of them having a POV including Ben, Tara, Max and Roman so it leads into book 2 which is about Max. I have others.mapped out, bur it's just tme constraints but I appreciate the support!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you. The end surprised me. I was expecting Sam to hang out with Max’s parents and get that distance perspective and road to Damascus personal realisation. So often other authors would have used that, the MC distant from their one love, working themselves out through solo effort and angst. I’m so glad you didn’t but made Sam face it head on and trust himself and his family and return home. Using Addie as the hook was a beautiful play. I hope you’re getting through your health struggles.

WasAlmostFamousWasAlmostFamous5 months agoAuthor

Thank you so much anonymous from 12.04.24. I'm doing better thanks. If been hoping to get a story I've been working on on and off for awhile [the segue between Halos and heros and All in Balls Out which will be Max's story] , but I didn't make it do I'm trying for it to be published before the end of this year so I can start fresh I. January with Max. Cross fingers and toes for me and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWasAlmostFamous@WasAlmostFamous
Update: I know I haven't posted in so many years. I am around but after Covid and life/job changes I didn't have time. And then after years of symptons and a year of tests, I was diagnosed with MS so it's been a whirlwind with dealing with that, sleep deprivation and meds on t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES