All Comments on 'Happily Ever After... Interrupted'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments (Page 3)
doctrptdoctrpt3 months ago

Minor military ranking issues aside, this is the best story of yours that I have read....

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The MC seemed incredibly childish. I'm not to sure what the difference between having sex with random people and living with someone is. They'd made their uni is for uni declaration so what exactly was the issue. Seems very small man syndrome, or fragile male ego.

Even if you ignore that., by the next meeting he should have well put that in his past and treated her like a new person. Instead he couldn't get over himself until at the mouldy old age of 60 he ate the remaining crumbs of the cake.

Just a small point but when he met her the time on the bar she was hefting an extra 10lbs by the next time it was a further 15lbs that's almost 2st which even on a tallish woman will not go unnoticed as bulk and most definitely can be excused as tit fat.

/

About the best interpretation of this story is that it's an exploration of hubris and how stupidity leaves you with nothing.

Those kids could have been his, he could have had a good life, but alas he wasted it as a trained seal. Hope the sardines and mackerel was worth it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow you certainly know how to write and keep the interest and tension until the last word.What an amazingly talented author.I love reading your stories and always come back to read them again

photogman18photogman183 months ago

Once again a very well-written story. Good character development and follow up. The military is a small world. Just today I ran into a retired Major General that was my commander 29 years ago. I expect to see my former platoon leader from 25 years ago next week. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Did you think about an alternet story with Tracy being true to Jason's love?

DonHenleyDonHenley2 months ago

Damn, you’re killing me. First, yes, 5 stars. The beginning with her Alzheimer’s tears my hears out.

Jason’s stubbornness is sad. We all make mistakes. Hers was a huge one, but it was one by a teenager. It’s good that they got together for the end of their lives and while terrible that she had AD, she died believing that she was in a happy relationship with her true love.

Thank you for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Some one commented he should have taken her back and treated her as a new person, ignoring her past and so on. You act like that as a man and you are setting yourself up for desaster.

Every teenager should have parents, other relatives, teachers or even a pastor who tells them about the tacts of life. A woman with a high body count and being educated lets say at a liberal college means your chances to stay together until eventual children are grown up are slim. Of course you can still try it, but at least you should make informed decisions.

Let's get back to the initial situation. The two MC already had have sex with each other, right? And they went to different locations for their higher education. His parents should have told the MC that the chances Traci would go without sex during this time after she tasted it, even if she had promised to keep chaste, were zero. However, Trace didn't consider something like that, which is perfectly fine. But her idea for both to date in college but still retain their status as boyfriend and girlfriend is BS, she AND her parents just wanted to keep the good, pliable guy on the backburner.

There might be exceptions, but again, realistically Jasons parents should have told him the best eay forward was a clean break. After finishing college, if both had the urge, they could have tried to get back together, without ignoring what each of them did during their time apart mind you. Preferring ignorance is irresponsible towards yourself, your potential spouse and the future children.

What he should have done is look for someone else. The way he went all mother Theresa in regard of Traci and her children late in life is just too far out there. How often have you read inscriptions on headstones like the ones at the end of this story? All in all Jason just wasn't a believable or likeable character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@Hooked. Dude, you’re a great syltiyteller for sure. Love her stuff, but please dude, SEAL are Navy; they are NOT soldiers. Ever. They are SEALs, or”special warfare officers,” NOT soldiers. It might not seem like much to the uninformed, but military personnel want to know that civilians at least make the effort (re: give them the respect) of getting to know what they are called.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@anonymous below — I just love the dorky LW commentariat droning on opining about manhood, as though those who troll LW’ have anything useful or insightful to say on the matter.. Most of them are a click away from living in Grandma’s basement or guest room and have tasted very little of the substance of life from the real — as opposed to their imaginary — world.. For the @anom below to say what you “can’t do as a man . . .” Is laughable and clownish. As to whether or not a “real

Man” would take Traci back later in life, the answer is that, it:(i) it depends on the man, (ii) what he wants of his life, and (iii) whether (or not) he believes in his heart that Traci can provide that which he wants. That’s it. There is no absolute answer that fits every man, irrespective of context. That’s a lot for the linear thinking simpletons on this site to wrap their small heads around, but that’s the answer, like it or not.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
Basic average guy in basic average America.

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories