All Comments on 'Happily Ever After... Interrupted'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
eightytuneseightytunesabout 4 years ago
Old gets old.

The ending is what makes the happiness in your heart. Sure was a waste to lose their love and only being friends with benefits makes it hurt, FOR BOTH. How life will slip away unless you protect yourself from being hurt, as Traci did to herself as much as she did to Jace. The family Jace never had was fitting to have her kids as his family, as Traci reflected, they should have been his kids; her ex was no match for him being a father to them. Regrets we have many.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Well written, but I don't know what I think about her.

The way she was written, I wouldn't keep having anything to do with her. She was dishonest early and she seemed to become quite shallow in the middle. I'm not sure what he saw in her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

You're a good writer. I'll look for more of your stories.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 4 years ago
Yay! A new Hooked story!

Very good. Thank you for writing, my friend. Write another, please. Randi.

katranmankatranmanabout 4 years ago

Wow, this has to be your best story so far and I've liked all of them. Excellent work, 5 stars.*****

Tootight1Tootight1about 4 years ago
good story

I am having trouble finding the right keys to type. Anyone who has lived with a loved one going through Alzheimer's is not a treat, and will break your heart more than once. To his day, I still have a hard time.

I was curious as to why there was no further involvement of their respective parents, since they where the catalysts to the break up in the first place. They need to pay their dues too. In my mind they did, by what had happened to their daughter, but never stated. There was never a mention of the middle child either, did he become a druggie, and die of an overdose (I doubt it). This could have been a Novel with a little thought.

A lot of his actions where stated, but not his thoughts, or emotions. All in all, it was a nice read, Thank you.

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

Okay, that made me cry, lol. Amazing story! Five stars from me :)

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 4 years ago

Was a good read just terrible depressing especially as he never had the kids off his own to love like it came across.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Romance? Nah.

Romance means saying "I love you, too!" It means... Damn, I think I said everything I had to say, in that one sentence... Oh! When are you gonna get over this Traci bitch?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Seals generally aren’t considered to be soldiers.

Plus your timeline was a bit vague. If they were texting when they were so young then the end of this story is actually in the future.

And I just don’t see him being so nice to her after what she did to him.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 4 years ago
Wow

Excellent story! Full of bittersweet. Thank you for letting us read that!

Killian

stev2244stev2244about 4 years ago

Well written, very touching, easy 5*.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
Good story

It was a good read and was very well written, but... I ended up with a deep sense of frustration. All those wasted years, and then he ends up with a booby prize.

Ignore me, I'm just a romantic at heart and hate when things don't go as they should. But that's real life for you.

Thank you sir.

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

@Romance? Nah. Anonymous

Romance is far more complicated than a reciprocated “I love you!” But then again, I can see that you’d know very little about love, seeing as how you are so insufferable that no one could possibly love you anyway.

And if you don’t like Traci, don’t read the same author. You get a couple lines in and see a Traci? Walk away, dumbass. No one forced you to read it. SMD.

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

@Romance? Nah. Anonymous

Romance is far more complicated than a reciprocated “I love you!” But then again, I can see that you’d know very little about love, seeing as how you are so insufferable that no one could possibly love you anyway.

And if you don’t like Traci, don’t read the same author. You get a couple lines in and see a Traci? Walk away, dumbass. No one forced you to read it. SMD.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years ago
She never was very bright

nor very likable. Nice romance and great work reconciling a man with a less than reliable woman.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

What a horrible story.

He adored Traci, but she never loved him, or she wouldn't have treated him like shit. She turned into a cock-crazy slut at college, lying to her boyfriend while getting pounded by as many big cocks as she could spread her legs for.

"These should have been his kids. This should be his family," she thought to herself. "I really fucked up big time."

Yes, exactly. The worst part of the whole thing, was that he never got over her, never had children of his own, and was basically lonely and unhappy for 50 years! I had a hard time believing he was a Navy Seal when he acted like a pathetic love-sick puppy for decades.

The only part of this story I enjoyed was when the evil cunt died.

Rickman48Rickman48about 4 years ago

Anonymous is right, SEALS are sailors not soldiers. You got the rank wrong too. The Navy doesn’t have a second lieutenant rank; the Navy equivalent to second lieutenant is ensign. You might have meant lieutenant junior grade (abbreviated jog). Otherwise it was bittersweet. Been there and almost done that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Many ways to betray.

Mine refused to have children.

Life goes on.

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

She did what a lot of young people do who want some life experience. After so many years he could have loved her again especially after her diagnosis. He should have married her then. However, a very moving story that merits 5 stars. Well done for sharing this story with us.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

That was a lovely story, Mr. Hooked. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Ignore the two idiot Anonymous commenters. One's a pedantic ass and the other is a category nazi who thinks he is insightful.

.

Again, excellent story.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 4 years ago
A wonderful, touching story!

Damn, this story was both joyful and extremely hurtful. My emotions ran the gamut.

A few minor errors, but you really wrote a masterpiece.

Six stars.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 4 years ago
Well done, as usual

A heart warming and sometimes sad tale. It passed the most important test in that the story was entertaining. At least from my point of view.

Anonymous Andy's and hate Nazis nitpicking the story tells more about them than about the story.

Thanks for your hard work and looking forward to your next posting.

Woodmanone

nestorb30nestorb30about 4 years ago

So sad, so beautiful

5*

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 4 years ago
A well told story

Very touching emotional story. Good work, Hooked1957.

FenmeisterFenmeisterabout 4 years ago
Rollercoaster story.

This story rose & dipped like a rollercoaster, but a very enjoyable tale as always.

Thank you for the effort used to entertain us plebs.😀

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Got a little dusty in here

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
so sad

excellent writing.

Sad, very sad though.

She truly did destroy a major part of his life.

rodryder44rodryder44about 4 years ago

A very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Liked the story.....but

The ending was a pisser! 4* I don't like downer endings.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago
Superb...

Great writing and an excellent story. Kind of a cross between LW and Romance; it fits both categories... and neither. He never got past her betrayal, but then, loyalty is a BIG thing within the Teams, so it makes sense that he could never really lay that down.

We can't tell others how to feel or respond; everybody's different, there is no standard. She hurt him bad and he'd never place himself in a position where she could hurt him like that again. She didn't understand that betraying him would change him forever, but, honestly, it probably wouldn't have mattered to her at the time.

We know he loved her though: his actions later on in life proved that.

alfiemoon1alfiemoon1about 4 years ago
Beautiful story

Wow that sure got my emotions going, well told story and a pleasure to read , just beautiful. Thank you

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962about 4 years ago
Great Story...

And an appropriate ending. She was denied in the end what she ruthlessly threw away in her youth. Yes I understand she was young and dumb but still choices have consequences. She got way better than she deserved. My only cringe point is SEALs are never soldiers. Navy are Sailors, Marines are Marines, Air Force are Airman. Only Army are Soldiers. Well done

MikeManMikeManabout 4 years ago
Nice

What a heartbreaking and at the same time uplifting story, I liked it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Dumb whore female

She is no less than any prostitute . Bullshit story ever read..

KayaknhKayaknhabout 4 years ago
I liked the story

I especially enjoyed how the author .ade me feel.

But I don't like Traci at all.

jesemmojesemmoabout 4 years ago
Good Story

You're a good writer and I get upset when some of the criticism is negative because the they're look for some wild, dirty sex and that doesn't seem to be your style. This story had great depth and sadness at the same time. Tracie was at a stage in her life of exploring and it cost her dearly. His anger caused him to reach a place of coldness that the navy enhanced. Though he couldn't love her again he loved her children as if they were his and his friendship with Tracie was more love then friendship he could never go back and for that he missed so much. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Story

I have read at least a dozen of your stories. This one was the best of all!

matuateneiramatuateneiraabout 4 years ago
Deeply moving story capturing real truth. Well done Hooked.

It is amazing how writers can keep coming up with new stories that present reality as fiction. I read this story and think that it relates amazingly and deeply to my own life. Jason and Traci found their own happiness. Jason found a true love and received a card every year from her. His love for Traci had gone but they were always deep friends making a satisfying ending. I was married for 50 years and happily raised three great children. My wife suffered from Altzeimers for 5 years before she passed away from lung cancer. We were from different races and cultures. When I first asked her to marry me she turned me down. She was from a minority culture and she understood better than I did the difficulty of the cultural gap. She said she did not love me enough. Then she became pregnant so she agreed to marry. Then the pregnancy was a false alarm but she wanted to carry on and we married. She almost never told me she loved me so neither did I, but the sex between us we both agreed became 10 out of 10 and kept us together. As her Altzeimers took hold she became more loving and grateful that we were still together. The story of Jason and Traci makes me feel good that life can be deeply happy and satisfying even if it is not perfect, and for most of us life is not a fairy tale. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

miauuuu

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fact checking or editor needed

To correct silly errors in this story. Examples: there were no cell phones to text with in the 60’s , Jason couldn’t drive up to USI or down to Purdue (locations reversed), and Navy Seals are not soldiers, but sailors. Otherwise, I enjoyed reading this sweet story. Thank you for your efforts.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

Hooyah, salute! x-USN-CPO, Vietnam Vet. SEALS are special, very focused, and never wavering - they make this world a safer place!

There are a few typo's but one miss struck me, the Navy paid for his remaining 2yrs of college, so I assume he was a commissioned officer at age ~24. His progression in rank vs. years did not jive. Any more than 17yrs later he is only a Lt. Then 2yrs later Lt Cmdr. retiring as a Commander at 30 was very likely.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Thanks, Hooked

Nice to see another well written piece from Hooked. Good editing with all the minor gaffs highlighted by comments. Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a whore!

Tracie was the worst whore! She kicked poor loving Jason in the balls several times over his lifetime. But he was always the gentlemen. Tracie didn’t deserve Jason! Jason never got have his own kids because of this whore!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Better

A much better read than this author's usual LW stories, where the wife/girlfriend, after cheating and getting caught, is quite casual about it,unrepentant and totally without remorse. They are depicted as entitled, confident and unbelievably lacking in moral principles. Horrible women, one wouldn't like to be involved with! 5*s.

will_shakespearewill_shakespearealmost 4 years ago
Crying...

This is cursed asf.

Please could you do an alternative version of the story where things go right at the beginning, she cheats, they reconcile... Because this is so sad.

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 4 years ago
Here I go, judging fictional characters again

Oddly, I was struck by her treatment of Frankie. When she moved in with him she had been exclusive to him for like...days. I do wonder if she even was then.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A sad tale

It was a sad tale of a man that dedicated his life to his country. God bless him. Its a tough life, that very hard on relationships. He ended up with a woman that broke his heart. She had a habit of monkey branching, and failed relationships. In the end they were two broken people who ended up together by default. I guess it could have been worse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sad story

But touching

Very well done

CLM

WisquejacWisquejacover 3 years ago

One of the best stories. It sounds about right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One hell of a story

What a great man!!!!!

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

What a Sad,, Pitiful story. Traci was the Devil, and didn't deserve a second chance. Jason was right in NEVER telling her he loved her...

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
When your soulmate

Betrays you like that, there is never a rebound. Im 61, never found a love like that again. Excellent story and so realistic. 5

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Good writing about a slimy whore and the unfortunate wing nut that didn't even go out and get a good woman and have a family.

Traci was not a sympathetic character and I'm afraid your MC wasn't much more inspiring by hanging on at all to such a backstabbing, self centered , lying, cheating cunt.

Good writing otherwise.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

so in 25 years he never got past lieutenant, but in five years of desk duty he jumped two ranks?

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Excellent Story

I think a lot people have a story like this one. Deeply in love in Jr. and Senior High School, your first true love only to be separated after graduation. Staying in touch thinking they'll get married after college. When one ends up with another lover only to get divorced five years later. Meanwhile the other gets on with their life, marries only to lose her to breast cancer twelve years later. By coincidence she and her first husband ended up in Fort Wayne, In. You never forget your first love. Thank you for the touching story. It brings back a lot of memories, good and bad.

natekit76natekit76over 3 years ago

beautifully written. brings tears to my eyes!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

A decent story.Though I don't agree with him getting back involved with her.

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago
Thank you

For not letting it be happily ever after. I personally cheered when Jason told her that her betrayal was the defining moment of his life. Although Jason was a much bigger person than most when he at least accepted her back in his life

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Well shit! Now you've got me spilling tears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story...

...and well written. Five stars ⭐️ for this one. Just a small quibble: SEALs aren’t soldiers. They’re sailors.

AliSFakinamingtonAliSFakinamingtonover 3 years ago

Oh lord that gave me tears.

Well done.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago
Damn!

That will tear your heart out.

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
With tears

in my eyes, Hooked, Great story!

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Dam her

Tracy really fucked up...but that's life for you sometimes

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Life is too short

Life is too short not too forgive, and move ahead. When you know you are dealing with the love of your life, it’s foolish not to at least try to fix things. I say again, life is too short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Learn military ranks if you’re going to write about them

Nothing detracts from a pretty good story when the brakes get slammed after reading about the 2LT Navy Seal... Navy does not have 2nd LTs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If one can't read a very good story by a very good writer maybe you need to watch TV or hell - write your own story. I enjoyed every word and truly resent a who can complain yet not put up a story of their own. I know my limitations, guessing you do as well. Thank you Hooked!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good

I liked the story but god do I hate these types of endings

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Such a sad story that brings a tear to the eye. Traci and Jason soulmates until that fateful moment when Traci made that bad decision to not stay loyal to Jason. A love story that could have been so wonderful ends up so sad in the end with Jason's love devastated as they spend their last 12 years together as she wastes away to Alzheimer's. But in the end were buried together as best friends just as they would have been if they had married. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
pathetic

beta boy took her back .

disgusting , he sure loves sloppy seconds and raising other , better mens children .

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Very good story thanks. There were quite a few mistakes on the military stuf but that didn’t spoil the story.

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago

Thank you for writing about real life.

This was no fairy tale.

Hard shit happens.

llyfrllyfrabout 3 years ago
Wonderful story

wonderful story thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a wonderful story! At least after Jason came back into her life she could finally admit that she willfully destroyed a part of their lives. She found her true love again and even though Jason didn't verbalize his love for her he showed and shouted it to all by his everyday actions!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Best

So far your best story, well written with a complete absence of over sentimental rubbish. You actually completed this story, and did it brilliantly. Please continue to submit stories.

Lawrie41

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47almost 3 years ago

Yet another

Really good story from a fantastic writer. Moving on to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

1) I don't think you can be promoted from 2nd Lieutenant, through ranks, to become a Lieutenant Commander-- without changing services.

2) I don't think anyone from the Fort Wayne area would speak of driving "up to Evansville" or "down to Lafayette", since Evansville is way south of Lafayette, and even farther south of Fort Wayne.

OlFrog14x, Sheridan IN, HS "73

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 3 years ago

Super love story, and of true friendship. Many respects similar to the story of my last 35 years. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Some how I managed to miss this story while I've read many others multiple times. This is a very good story, reminding me of my parents: love, friendship and Alzheimer's. One read and it is tied with 'When One Door Closes' as my favorite Hooked stories. Thank you so much. 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WOW 5 ***** Best story from from you so far Hooked. Really pulled on the heart strings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story! Very touching.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Truly a great love story. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have read this several times, still gets me at the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A wonderful, moving story. Thank you.

5++++stars!

AethurAethurover 2 years ago

@Hooked1957 Damn you for making me cry, you evil bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"... if he could drive up to see her she was busy with school work or some event, and as for her driving down to see him ..."up" to Evansville and "down" to Purdue???

"The children immediately began asking the soldiers questions." Weren't they sailors?

"Are you married, Lt. Arnold?" Leslie asked seriously." (After 25 years, still a Lt. But after 30—a Commander.) “Jason hit his 30-year mark and retired from the navy as a commander.”

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

I must be a really shallow person as I can't imagine being affected to the point of not finding another. I must also be a real asshole as I can't imagine the taking care or even giving the first shit about someone who crapped on me.

I'm a really small person.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

Not my favorite Hooked story Instrument of Vengence holds that spot, but it is still good. I don't think he was honest with himself. It was obvious that while he always told her he didn't love her anymore, his actions spoke differently. Jason was way better than she ever deserved. When Traci had to come clean with her daughter was one of ths best moments in the story. You can lie and rationalize all you want but when you come clean with your daughter and she calls you slut & whore nothing else needs to be said. I'm not as good a person as Jason, because I couldn't have lived witb her or taken care of her in later life. Still 5* and some good writing. 🍻cheers

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Superb

5/5

A beautiful live story of ' What could have been ....'

Great that you never got Jason saying ' I love you' to her. Kudos for that.

Write more of such stuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a story of love, Pure, simple love. It's also a story of frail yet strong humans, and I love it. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Commenters need education on navy rank and uniforms. A navy Lieutenant would be an army Captain. A commander is only 2 steps in rank above(more) than a LT. LT. Cmdr= Major , Commander= army Lt.Col.

As far as the kid talking to the "soldiers", the seals were in their BDU / utility uniforms. They look like soldiers to the children. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad tale of betrayal, but Jason was lying to himself. He loved that woman to his core you could tell by his actions but she broke his heart and crushed his soul. The ease of her betrayal showed she was never worthy of his love and devotion to begin with. When your own daughter calls you a slut and a whore for what you did, what else needs ro be said. This was a great story with awesome characters. I personally couldn't be with a person who did that to me. She certainly would have died alone and in a hospital ward in my world. This is definitely 5* story. Thanks for posting Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's a definitely 5 star ✴️🌟✴️🌟✴️🌟✴️🌟✴️🌟. So sad that Jason can't find a cured for his broken heart till his death. Very rare ending. No matter, thank you for a beautiful romantic and lovely story. From Singapore

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Selfish Traci ruined Jason’s life, what a bitch! I have met people just like Traci in real life. They were all selfish people. They never cared about who they hurt with their lies and betrayals.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous