All Comments on 'Hard Landing Ch. 05'

by BrokenSpokes

Sort by:
  • 73 Comments
PuggyWishbonePuggyWishboneover 4 years ago
It was everything I'd hoped for, and more

I have been checking every day to see if the newest installment had been posted and IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!

I can't tell you how happy that made me. And when I opened up the story and discovered that there were EIGHT PAGES! ...

OK, yeah, there's that scary bit at the end and I won't lie, I'm actually terrified for Jo and Jill, but you told me to be strong so I will try. But I trust you to recognize how important these characters are to us. They're oh so very real to me (and I think they're very real to you, too) and I couldn't bear to lose one of them.

Brava for your wonderful work. I think I will go back and read from the beginning one more time, but after that, I'm going to start nagging you again.

What the hell, why wait? I'll start now: Hurry up and give me the next chapter. Please?

Sophie160987Sophie160987over 4 years ago
Wow

It realy is a briljant storry

You capture my atention every chapter even more then the last

And now this big cliffhanger i dont know if i have or love you right now

No surprise that i am realy looking forward to the next chapter

Thanx for schering this beautiful storry with us

Bleep735Bleep735over 4 years ago
That was so good, you evil evil person

I’m loving the story but the wait for the next chapter is going to kill me. Yep. It just happened. Here I am already dead because you didn’t already have 6 ready to go. I hope you are happy with yourself. I mean you have every right to be proud of the amazing story and characters and emotions you have brought to all of us. I’m so glad that I stumbled on your story. Thank you. I’ll go back to being dead now until chapter 6 comes out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
perfect way to end a saturday night...

..love this love story, and I know they don't all end well, but I . need for that to happen here.. please

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

From the songs, to the characters, to the plot, the entire fucking story is so damn mind blowing, I love every piece of the story, and I love the suspense

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Egads!

I won't say "eeep" - as that has been claimed already. Really great stuff...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I've been checking religiously everyday since after the day part 04 went live i'm obsessed!!!! Also it's not a good enough story for me if i haven't cried and i cried all the times Blue cried on this one lol. Please don't leave us hanging for too long. :(

scumbagscumbagover 4 years ago
This keeps getting better

I love that you concentrate on characters and plot. Unlike a lot I prefer the lack of sex, yes it needs to be there, but not at the expense of the story.

Only one small negative is that you sometimes telegraph what is going to happen next eg: Knowing that Jo was coming back and then Sara making sure that Jill went to see the band. Maybe backfill it by doing the concert first and then tell how Jo got there through a conversation with Jill. That though is nitpicking, wonderfull stuff and love your style. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You horrible person!!!

How dare you play with my emotions like that and THEN leave me hanging like this?! Joking aside, yet another masterful chapter (even the short author’s note is gold) with the perfect pacing and exposition. I have been checking every day for the next installment and cannot wait for the next one.

sandy_parissandy_parisover 4 years ago
Thank you

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this, it's lovely. Keep up the good work, looking foward to the next part.

TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
An amazing chapter!

So well written, and a truly amazing ending to the chapter. I can only imagine where this is going! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

You left me breathless for the better part of 8 pages.

This installment was.

Wow. Brilliant.

From Jo's fuckups, to her real fuckup which isn't named one.

And the envelope they keep breaking of what they can do.

I really love both of them, no matter what your resolution to this story is.

Thank you, so very very very much,

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Live in today

I really like that line "I don't live in tomorrow, I live in today." At my age, that's a damned good philosophy. For some reason unknown, I almost missed this chapter. If I'd done so I'd have spent the rest of the year kicking my own backside. There are some poor stories on Lit, some good to very good stories and some brilliant stories. Hard Landings is right up there near the top. One request: try for a happy ending (my last story and Sandy Paris's first story both ended in tragedy---that should suffice for this year).

BillyslateBillyslateover 4 years ago
Absolutely Awesome!!!!

Like the previous 4-chapters, number-5 is just great.

The varying emotions exhibited in the 7-pages were sufficiently mesmerizing that I remained breathless the entire read. We were again left anxiously waiting for chapter-6, after the tantalizingly brief completion of page-8. Jo / Jill's relationship has been so carefully developed, that it feels as if I am a character in Hard Landing and have become a part of their actual lives.

Hard Landing 1-5 Has Just Been A Masterful Production By The Author!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

I beg you please save jo

It doesn’t have to end this way

In all reality though if it were actually possible that they could be saved

Please save them

Maddie624Maddie624over 4 years ago

Your entire story has been brilliant. As a rather ridiculous side note, I moved to Maryland around 3 years ago and am still learning about so much of this area...I mean, there are the obvious places but I had some fun looking places up from the fictional music tour. Yeah, I'm simple, lol. In any case, this has been one hell of a ride and I'll continue to hope that Jo and Blue end up living happy lives together. Of course, if Jo survives, will undoubtedly experience a lot of PTSD in addition to prosthetics, etc.. I hope that her experience and the aftermath aren't enough to drive her back into her shell, even though she did change her "plan" by allowing Blue into her heart. It would be sad if she linked the two in her mind. I look forward to reading the rest!

erktecerktecover 4 years ago
Absolutely Fabulous!!!!!!

I love your writing!!! The depth and detail. The emotions and heart. I am hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Happy Ending....PLEASE!!!

Please dear BrokenSpokes....please, please, please give us a very happy ending for Blue and Jo. Blue worked so hard to finally get Jo and Jo has finally accepted her Blue. Let us, your reader feel good, be happy and smile with a beautiful perfect ending.

The real world is already so sad. We don't need anymore sadness with a sad story

I have faith and I am so looking forward to Chapter six (which I will read the end first)

xoxoxo ;-)

JCMcNeillyJCMcNeillyover 4 years ago
Just Excellent

I’m just on pins and needles the whole time, desperately hoping Jo will just let herself be loved, wondering if Jill should walk away and leave Jo to her misery or fight for her just a little harder. We all know Jo is going to survive the crash, one that had been coming since page one, but can she survive what comes after? Will she be able to let her blue girl help her to heal? Your writing is impeccable, very readable with deep side characters and wonderful detail. Keep it up and don’t make us wait too long!

A big thank you, with a hug and kiss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This is exquisitely well written and thought out. You are genuinely a fantastic writer and hope you continue on this path as well as start others. You have a follower here who will read all your works.

The whole Spotify thing on top of this is such a cool touch to make this even more real.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 4 years ago
Excellent chapter, again!

But please don't kill off Jo, that would be too much. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Vote

Hi all,

I wanted to give 5 stars but accidently hit only 1 star.

How do I change it to 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I hope there's a happy ending but that's not always real life. But where there is great love there is also hope and faith....so maybe there will be a happy ending.

KirancsmKirancsmover 4 years ago
Date of nxt ch

Pls let me know the date when the nxt chapter could be!! Its very difficult to wait:( not knowing what hpns nxt

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Roller Coaster

As Jill said after Jo did the simulated emergency landing, this is the best roller coaster and I just love it. What a great story and characters. Thank you for treating us but dont let your grad school efforts suffer. Your avid readers will understand if we have to wait.

CjnomadCjnomadover 4 years ago
Hanging

Bloody fucking hell now that's a cliff-hanger. I'm anxiously awaiting the next entry to see how you spin it. I've thoroughly enjoyed this story so far, and I'm eager to see what else you come up with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hurry the f**k up. Love these characters

Great story... great read. Don't u dare split them.up...

Ill be waiting👍👍👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lovely. PLEASE let Jo and her crew live

This story is amazing. I'm so hooked. Impatiently waiting for Chapter 6. I love how Jo just stopped fighting her feelings for Blue & listened to her heart. That was amazing! I wish my Jo would stop being so stubborn & an ass by extension. She really has so much in common with Jo. Reading up on how Blue felt after Jo refused to acknowledge her feelings just reminded me how much it really hurts knowing that the person you dig feels the same way - but then they are so scared of admitting it to themselves they end up hurting including the one they claim to care about. One month without talking & it doesn't hurt as much as the first day. We don't all get happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Holy cow!!

Man alive, that was awesome!! I thought that might be the last chapter. It was all going so well for our girls!! This is my favourite story on Lit at the moment. Your storytelling and writing skills are amazing. Not many authors on this site can provoke emotional responses from me, but you have. My heart is pounding as I write!! Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us. I cannot wait for the next chapter. Please keep doing what you do. And please don’t kill off Jo!!! 😱 Much love and many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Noooo why

I hate you for the ending of this chapter, but love you for the wonderful writing and story, and am now left with a compulsion to check every day for the next chapter. Thank you so much for the wonderful story, can't wait.

Trace_WatersTrace_Watersover 4 years ago
LV stands for loving it and Little Voice...

I started with this series from the begining when you released the first story. I was quickly hooked then, and have remained so with each subsequent installment.   I love all of the characters, even "Little Voice". Especially when Jo tells Little Voice, "...to shut the hell up..." The story is well paced and the  characters believable balanced and relateable even Jo's saltiness. I join the chorus from the other fans that you better not be killing off Jo, and quote Jo responding to LV when it's said something she wants to ignore or didn't like..."shut the hell up."  Regardless, DAMN Google Docs for shredding 20(!) pages of your work, the much anticipated next installment to this great series. (...what happened to redundancy and backup this that and the other thing that's to make cloud storage such a goog thing?  If could I would fly out to where Google is and at least for a few hours walk a picket line in protest for their apology to you and the fans of your st the very least. At the very best they their put thier very  people on restoring your work!) Thanks for sharing your talent and this wonderful story. Trace

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Google docs☹!

I am always checking to see if chapter 6 is out. This is my favourite story so I'll be waiting ,however long it takes. @BrokenSpokes,thank you for this brilliant story. I am looking forward to reading more. Make it long and awesome!

jay_pearcejay_pearceover 4 years ago
Great story

I have just finished binge reading this story line. Love the blend of good story and erotica. The characters are all relatable and it's obvious you care about them from the way they are developed. Hope we get to read more soon. Quite the cliffhanger you left us with though.... 😉👍🍻

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 4 years ago
Well???

Well?? What happens next? You can't just leave us hanging here. What a truly compelling storyline you have here. I'm not talking about just the romance portion. The whole story is well written with real characters. Ones you can care about, that seem to come to life. Please don't keep us waiting much longer to find out what happens next.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us. I look forward to reading you work for a long time.

Xena75Xena75over 4 years ago
OMG

I am hanging on by a thread!!! Cant wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
GAAAAAAAAAAHHH

my emotions are at high. this is so good i'm crying

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinabout 4 years ago

Congrats! Another of my Literotica favs wins a writing contest. A really great story. Thanks for your awesome work!

JS60007JS60007about 4 years ago
Cried and cried

I love this chapter like everyone else. When Jo comes back its so beautiful and touching.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
hope in love....in time

hope ths wil turn into a movi. i love the songs.

Kabba118Kabba118almost 4 years ago

GAAAAAAAAHHHH I can't believe you left me like that!! :O

Great job! Very captivating story so far! :)

PapaBear76PapaBear76almost 4 years ago
Top quality story.

I've binged through these first five chapters. Great story! I'm giving an 'A' and '5' stars to all five. Top notch writing; story driven, not sex driven. A real world story! Thank you.

There is so much hot garbage on Literotica. This is prime fillet.

Reading John D. MacDonald as a kid got me writing in first person. English professors hated it. (idiots). Your story seems to stumble, shifting from Jill's first person to Jo's third person. But I got used to it. I hate love stories, but you had me in tears on Ch. 5.

Love is Real

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Smart, lovely tale

This chapter both moves and breaks my heart. Well done!!!

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
Identify yourself

A majority of adverse comments on Lit are Anonymous. We're all entitled to our own opinions, that can't be denied. But if you are going to adversely criticise a story, then have the gumption to identify yourself rather than hide beneath a cloak of anonymity.

Lexiloo571Lexiloo571over 3 years ago

I really love this story I really really love the storyl as easy to follow. ]i hope everybody in it found true happiness.

Lil_kittyLil_kittyover 3 years ago

Stayed up all night reading. Can't believe how captivating this tale is. You are an amazing storyteller!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

On my second reading but this still wrenches and brings highs and lows. Just so glad I can move on to Part 6 after the crash. Brilliant work!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Hard landing ..... Yes indeed

You may should warn your readers for heart attack tales you provide .... So intense and captivating

BugattiTBugattiTover 3 years ago
Shock

The 7th page almost gave me a heart attack, the bullets flying in and blood pool around her boot, wow!!!

ScloseeScloseeabout 3 years ago
Oh no!

I almost had tears when they split, but the ending! Now I have to read the next chapter right now!!!

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
An Emotional Rollercoaster

Something was bound to happen but this is extreme. Who will make it back?

Superb writing again. Was going to bed but now I'll have to read the next chapter.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

...still gets me!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

top of the heap.

OpenmarriageohioOpenmarriageohioalmost 3 years ago

The second time I have read this and I still tear up when Jo sings to Jill. I still am at the the edge of my seat when reading the end and can't wait to read the next chapter. I love your writing thank you.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 3 years ago

There are reasons your stories rate so high. You make technical detail interesting and the people you create really come to life. The stories themselves are so well written I just want more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

10 year anniversary my ass. Jo is for sure going to be there and sing to Jill. I want it so bad for the both of them but I can't help but feel like Jill is letting her off too easy... what Jo did is seriously fucked up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Omg thought this was absolutely perfect until the ending left me on a cliffhanger!!! When I read the helicopter tattoo part and military jargon at the start I groaned like I want romance not Tom Clancy, but the scene with them both in the helicopter was just fantastic. Such a great story, can't wait to read more!!

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonover 2 years ago

Never mind stars: 5 EEPS!

dfibvfibdfibvfibover 2 years ago

One the best stories.... on this site or anywhere else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anyone that reads this and does not give 5 stars has no soul.

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

Of all the chapters of this story, this one for me is the hardest one to read. From the highest of high to the deep low, then they get back together and then it all crashes in flames. Even with knowing where this leads to, having read this several times before i sit here with emotions raging through me and in tears. Thank you BrokenSpokes for you talent as an author that can make me and others feel so connected to your characters. 5*

jmcharl1jmcharl1almost 2 years ago

Oh gods!!! How can you end it like that?!. . . I need to sleep! But nooooooo! Now I have to stay up and read the next chapter. Sigh.

P.S. 5 EEPS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 EEPS!!! Stupid Literotica rating system.

Anita71Anita71over 1 year ago

It was quite an emotional episode. I really liked that they both got to talk

I give maximum stars, fantastically written

Thanks

S9808S9808over 1 year ago

excellent chapter. I had a feeling something would happen but the action is so well portrayed it was easy to visualize and live with emotion and tragedy that comes with combat. I was almost there flying with them.

come on next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4th or 5th reading.

Any woman says "Eep!" for me, I'm not letting go! Just sayin'.

Recommended reading - "Chickenhawk". can't remember the author - it's a memoir of flying Hueys in Vietnam. Includes a description of the controls and how to work them, also the autorotate exercise. Of course, if the 'Jesus' nut comes undone, you fly like a brick.

The "Little Wing" that plays in my head is the original Hendrix version - yes, I'm that old - although SRV's version is one of the few Hendrix-attempts I can enjoy.

Nit-pick - in the UK, we keep aircraft in hangars, suits on hangers; I think it's the same in the US. Told you it was a nit-pick. Otherwise beautifully written.

5*

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 year ago

6th or 7th time reading this and I sit here in tears. BrokenSpokes you deserve so many stars and EEPS than the site allows. Thank you for sharing you BG universe with us,

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'm still chuckling about "sitting outside and drinking booze like the sophisticated country folk we are."

Mushroom_ForestMushroom_Forest4 months ago

This was the first story I read that made me feel safe about love, last year. Then I had the joy of falling in love with someone really special. Yesterday, both of us in tears but loving each other very much, we broke up. They felt they had to go to get better. We both hold the hope of someday, maybe. Maybe someday.

I hope we're just on chapter 5.

OGG52754OGG52754about 2 months ago
No matter

No matter how many times I read this chapter the last 2 pages always make me tear up.

Thanks for this.

topcattoponetopcattopone27 days ago

I agree with OGG52754 especially if you have the songs playing in the background.

Thanks (again) from me.

galadriel_fangaladriel_fan19 days ago

So beautiful. Sadness, but so beautiful.

BrokenSpokes, I had forgotten how much I love these characters.

ca_daveca_dave6 days ago

Have read this so many times, I know what is coming. I know where and how it ends, and yet I can barely read the screen through my tears. BrokenSpokes thank you again for giving us Blue Girl and Jo, and the incredible universe they live in. EEP!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBrokenSpokes@BrokenSpokes
1899 Followers
My author friends AwkwardMD and Omenainen's collaborative account AwkwardApple415 have released a new story today, The Most Mysterious Song. Go check it out and show them some love! It's a sweet little tale. ~~~~~~~~~~ Hello, and welcome to my author bio page. I'm Spokes, an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES