All Comments on 'Hard Times'

by susansnow

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Surreal vignette?

A slice of life--or lives. Several lives are involved. But just not enough connective tissue to make clear how each person is involved with the others. So that the short story seems almost surreal. Mostly it is descriptive of what he witnesses or imagines about the hooker and others. And an undercurrent of how he feels about her. Resentment. Lust. Maybe infatuation or love. But not enough to clarify anything much. Of who these people are. What they mean to each other. How they truly feel. And whether we care....Still this slice was intriguing and different. I give it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Tangled up in blue

Very nicely done with a Raymond Chandler, noir vibe. The storyline is reminiscent of Dylan's "Tangled Up in Blue" with its hints of other lives, other plotlines.

Not particularly pornographic, so many might be disappointed but the story is beautifully crafted and well-written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hard Times

Keep writing. this is far from finished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

This is the goods. Simple as that. I want my erotica hardboiled. Got another hundred pages?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersusansnow@susansnow
42 Followers
Single female writer. Most of my work is an effort to unlock my true self from the trauma of a lifetime of violent experiences, both sexual and nonsexual. I enjoy using the prose poetry style but have been known to venture from and to form and category. I enjoy reading comment...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES