Harems of Elites Ep. 01 Act 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeanie requested, "Uhh.. Ms. Stevens, right? Can I be on the phone with my brother? Ms. Challenger said he was with a Mr. Harrington.

"Then he's probably with Mr. Silverman right now." The lawyer picked up her quantumphone and called a number.

* * * * * * *

Nathan sat inside a similar SUV, being addressed by another lawyer in front of him, Mr. Wesley Silverman.

"Don't worry kid, you got your whole life ahead of you!" Wesley spoke with eagerness. "Man! If only I was as ten, fifteen years as young as you with even a small piece of this kind of money, I would go nuts!"

His quantumphone rang. "Oh, excuse me, I have to take this."

Nathan took a look at the left window. More people paid their respects to Mr. Armondale through posters of his face displayed outside of their stores.

He took a brief glance to the agent at his left, his right and the agents surrounding him in the front and back row. Who knew he'd ever be related to the great Francis Armondale, much more so as his own son?

"Hello, Lana? Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll give this phone to Nathan and put it on speaker. Hey, Nathan."

He turned his attention back to Wesley, "Yeah?"

"This is your sister on the line." The lawyer passed the phone to the young office manager.

"Jeanie?"

"Nathan! I'm here!"

* * * * * * *

The bullet train flew at a speed of around 280 to 320 kilometers per hour. The distance from West Virginia City to Armondale Circle, beside Iowa City, was around 1250 kilometers.

In two minutes, Nathan will arrive in Armondale Circle.

He sat beside another agent taking the window seat.

"Be excited, kid! You're in for a treat! I heard they're serving Lobster Thermidor!" The boisterous lawyer cheered him, sitting on the other side of the private train, another agent on the other window seat. More agents sat in front and behind them.

Jeanie's train arrived at the city 28 minutes earlier than him. They had to end the call so Jeanie can be given a short tour by car around the place.

He wondered what the 'future city' must look like?

* * * * * * *

The Second Part:

Could Have Sworn It Was Judgement Day

* * * * * * *

Jeanie and the current de-facto head-CEO of Armondale & Co., Mr. Gabriel DeMont were escorted back to the subway station after a brief run around the city.

Nathan's train arrived at the stop, decelerating to a halt.

Wesley unclasped his seat belt and stood. "We're here. See you at the lunch thing," he said to Nathan as he walked along the far carriage to the exit with his guards.

An agent told him, "We can step out now, sir."

"Yeah, sure."

He unbuckled and stood, walking down the long stretch of carpet, surrounded by dim lights and reinforced metal. At the open exit doors, he finally saw his dear sister.

He stepped off the train and walked over to her, giving her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"How was the tour?" He let go and asked her.

"You won't believe how beautiful this place is." She answered, still spellbound.

"Mr. Scott," the maroon dressed man introduced himself, "Welcome to Armondale Circle. I'm Gabriel DeMont."

He offered his left hand, which Nathan shook with his.

"Hello, Sir DeMont."

"I'm glad you two were able to accept our request for lunch here. Let me escort you to the tower now so you can eat. We can do Nathan's tour later."

* * * * * * *

Surrounding the massive 12,310 square kilometer city circle were Armondale & Co.'s patented Future City Fences: towering thick, black inward curved poles made of a blend between carbon fiber and titanium, each about eleven stories high and reinforced with more support beams on the ground and a wider base. Within and between them are fine woven string wires made of nanotubes.

All the cities of the world have them, with differing features. For Armondale Circle, they serve three purposes: filtering the air to ensure no impurities, setting up the entire communications system of the city and acting as a selective Faraday cage to keep all unwanted surveillance out.

It surrounded Nathan's view of the horizon as the SUV drove by glasstech buildings, stores, condos and parks all immaculately designed. The city had, by far, the cleanest air and surroundings he and Jeanie had ever seen. Even cleaner than Japan!

The greens of the plants and trees of different types and species popped from the view and gave a complementary addition to the landscape. Nature and Technology as One - that was personified by this place.

The people living and working here, all workers and families of Armondale & Co.'s group of companies and subsidiaries had warm smiles and walked with springs in their steps.

He saw a family with a child walking their dog. Couples in business suits holding hands. Elder people who could still walk without canes. The city felt like a true living community.

And then they neared the center of the city. Armondale Tower.

A 48-story state-of-the-art highest-of-highs-tech building based from the luxury-futurist architecture of the classic Antilia Tower, but a bit wider and taller with a denser and deeper foundation, and commissioned to be made alongside the same design company.

Each floor, except the lobby, the theaters, several suites, recreation areas, and the various assembly halls, can be as high as one and a half or twice of a regular floor. The ceilings were constructed a bit higher than usual for better ventilation and aesthetics.

All floors have their own security systems and safe rooms. They were all designed to also be earthquake and explosion resistant, secure from damages whether from inside or out. The whole tower is managed round the clock by 1,200 people and is housed by the elite ranking officials of Armondale & Co.'s group of companies and other multi-billion dollar dignitaries making the tower their permanent residence.

The tower is eco-friendly, helpful to the environment and has various gardens and small forestries in some floors. All in all, the tower is worth 9.5 Billion dollars to complete and costs 12 Million dollars a year to manage.

The twins arrived to a rolled out red carpet.

Guards escorted them from their SUV fleet to the entrance, opened by the concierge with big smiles.

All of the building's lobby staff welcomed them with a salute as they passed them. They stood in two opposite lines leading the floor towards the elevators.

The main lobby was a three-story high hall more fitting of a six-star luxury hotel. There were gold chandeliers, white marbled surfaces, cashmere carpets, hundred year old vases, rare colorful bouquets and elaborate staircases you'd only find in a kingdom fantasy movie.

They were led the way in a straight path by Mr. DeMont. The red carpet flowed from beginning to end. Glasstech elevator doors that can fit 40 people opened up for the twins, Gabriel and 12 agents.

* * * * * * *

The Lobster Thermidor meals came out, buttered and cheesed in French and Italian creams. Waiters with white long sleeves, black waistcoats and red waist aprons carried the food along with vinaigrette salads, garlic bread and grape wine.

Jeanie and Nathan sat on one side next to Gabriel on his end of the dining table.

As the help served the food to their plates, Mr. Harrington, Mr. Silverman and Ms. Stevens walked into the dining hall.

"It's the Thermidor! I knew it!" Wesley shouted.

The three lawyers sat opposite the twins on their side of the table. They were also served food.

Their lunch meet was complete. Nathan and Thomas faced each other and were sat closer to Gabriel. Lana faced Jeanie's side. Wesley was next to Lana, just there mainly for the food.

Lana noted, "Oh, and you both still have your security phone pouches, right? You can take them off here. All calls inside this city are untraceable. But they have to be within the city.

Don't worry about it too much though. We have our own cell towers and stations here. Any call you get from outside or any attempt to call to the outside gets blocked unless you're using a quantumphone."

Wesley spoke, "Let's all eat first, Lana. I'm sure they're starving."

Lana rolled her eyes.

Gabriel then added, "Oh, where are my manners? Before we talk shop, let's begin our lunch together now."

* * * * * * *

For most of the talk over lunch, Nathan was quiet all throughout. They went over the details of the will including them. One request was for them to be two of the board of directors of the company. Nathan felt this was all moving too fast, but he had to keep a poker face.

Jeanie, sipping on her wine glass, while feeling cautious, felt more confident about them both being qualified for their roles as they've both had seven-plus years of managerial experience each.

As they were served another round of pink chiffon cake for dessert, Lana continued to speak with the heirs, finishing up with the papers legally recognizing them as inheritors.

"That's pretty much it for what you can sign for today. A separate contract will be given in the future for when you can accept your share of the inheritance. Mr. DeMont will discuss that with you privately, along with the accurate amount, as with Mr. Armondale's request on his will. For now, as stated, the approximate amount is One Trillion Dollars."

Narhan and Jeanie took turns signing their names in the contract that enables their right to be legally and legitimately recognized as Francis Armondale's children.

Wesley took the signed papers to his co-worker, then Lana continued.

"As for whether you will accept your roles as board of directors in Armondale & Co., we leave that decision to you by this week."

She secured the papers inside an armored metal suitcase in her lap. "Now then... to other issues. Since we've discussed that your inheritance contract is still in the process, that will also be for another meeting this week. For now... we have another important fact to reveal to you both. We must also discuss with you your *other* co-inheritors. Namely... your other sisters."

"Wait! We have other sisters?!" Jeanie was surprised.

Nathan just stared. Numb from the onslaught of new life-changing revelations.

Thomas replied, "Yes, let me check here."

He flipped to a page on the copy of the will, "You both have a full-blooded younger sister... And six other half-sisters. All them younger. You two are the eldest of them all. However, I cannot share anything further."

"Can we at least have their names?"

Lana had to bring up, "We cannot disclose their names yet until they have met with us here in the city or have signed the contract."

"When do you think we can speak with them?" Jeanie was still the only twin asking questions.

Nathan still had a hard time processing.

Wesley then spoke, "Unfortunately, we don't know yet. It's up to them if they'll accept our invitation here. They're from all over the globe."

A beeping tone interrupted.

Gabriel answered his phone. "Yes, Ms. Challenger...? Okay, good. We'll be here in the dining hall."

The interim head of the company then turned to the twins.

"Nathan, Jeanie, I have good news for you both. You can meet one of your sisters today. In fact, one of your sisters just got here."

"What's her name!" Jeanie asked brightly.

"You can find out once you meet her. She requested confidentiality until she herself can meet you here. And in fact, she's probably in this building now."

* * * * * * *

After walking out of the elevator, a woman in thick bottom high heels made her way to the dining room doors. The guards opened the way for her.

* * * * * * *

The doors opened up.

Gabriel stood up to greet the woman in her red-orange suit. "Glad for you to catch up, Ms. Challenger."

Nathan recognized her immediately.

Gabriel walked up to her and shook her hand. The three lawyers also stood up. Nathan and Jeanie felt obliged to also stand.

She greeted the room, "Sorry I was late, everyone."

"It's alright, Ms. Challenger." Gabriel assured.

It *was* her.

"Jenny?"

It was the girl from New York...

"Hello, Mr. Nathan. It looks like you remember me. It's great to see you again."

She offered her hand and shook his. A confused smile on his face.

Gabriel then added, "Oh, you've been acquainted. That's good! I suppose it's time for you to make the announcement?"

"Why, yes." She turned to the two, "Mr. Nathan... Ms. Jeanie... I'm Jenny Challenger...

I'm your younger sister."

"WHAT!?" Both of their mouths dropped from the news.

Nathan's heart rate increased rapidly. A sick feeling in his stomach grew.

Jeanie now knew who she was. "Oh! *Now* I remember you! You tied with Nathan at the song contest in New York last year!

I was tipsy on wine that night! That's why my memory was fuzzy! Haha! Why didn't you say anything?"

Jenny laughed, "Yes. That was me. I'm sorry I couldn't speak about it earlier. I couldn't discuss it outside of this city."

"Gosh! Why didn't I remember sooner? Who knew you'd be our sister? We should jam sometime! You have an amazing voice."

"Heh, sure!" Jenny was genuinely touched by Jeanie's warm welcome towards her.

She then turned to Nathan, smiling nervously. "It's a shame I wasn't able to talk to either of you after that contest. I still remember that crazy thing *you* two did."

Jeanie burst a laugh and tripped over her words, "Ha-ha! That was.. just a heat of the moment.. thing! I knew I wa- needed to coc- ehemm.. *prevent* my brother from flirting with girls. Theatricality! That's all it was! Ha-ha!"

Nathan gritted his teeth to his lips.

Jenny giggled, "Don't worry. I didn't see him talking to any girl that night, as far as I can remember." She defended him. Nathan knew why.

"I wasn't there to check, but I'm sure he did something sneaky," she half-joked. Jeanie never noticed any tense air between Jenny and Nathan. At least, the one-sided tenseness from Nathan towards Jenny.

"Let's give him the benefit of the doubt." Their sister smiled. She then addressed Gabriel, "Mr. DeMont, shall we move to the conference hall in half an hour?"

"Yes, but we can let them wait a bit longer."

Jeanie asked, "Is there some press con thing happening later?"

"Yes, Ms. Jeanie," Jenny shared, "But feel free to stay here or enjoy any of our recreational facilities for the time being. We wouldn't want the press to learn about you right away. I'm sorry we can't talk much, but maybe after the event?"

"It's alright. Can we go to the top?" Jeanie requested. "I read once there's a mini-forest and some hot tubs there! I'd like to see them."

"Sure. You can also watch the conference from the dome's screen TV. Our agents will accompany you. In the meantime, me and Mr. DeMont will prepare. See you after your tour here." She waved them goodbye as she and Gabriel walked off the hall.

Jeanie still had her smile on. On Nathan, his despair.

* * * * * * *

At the top of the building, Nathan and Jeanie enjoyed their time alone in a lover's swing, surrounded by some vibrant green trees and many flowers lush with reds, whites, yellows, purples and other colors.

The clear half-cylinder arched dome above them displayed a massive sport field-sized TV on one of its sides. The screen could be seen by the whole city even from the ground.

"It's a shame we couldn't use the tubs. I almost forgot we didn't bring anything." Jeanie joked with Nathan, but he was too focused on the screen. It showed live footage of the conference hall below them waiting for the arrival of Ms. Challenger and Mr. DeMont.

"Nathan?"

"Huh? What?" He snapped out of his daze.

"Are you alright?"

"No," he admitted, "Not really. There's a lot to take in." Especially now that he knows Jenny is his sister.

On its own, it would have been terrific news!

...Except for the fact that they've had a one-night stand.

* * * * * * *

At the conference hall, select members of the press swarmed below the stage. Different online newspapers and TV news stations filled the hall to about 480 people.

Finally, Gabriel and Jenny walked into the room with their security service.

The agents surrounding the room made sure no one swarmed them before they got to the stage.

Gabriel approached the podium first and spoke with a heavy heart.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming. I want to make this quick and clear as to not waste any more time. Today, we have lost a brilliant man. Francis Armondale.

A visionary in genetics, chemistry, physics and technology. More importantly, a friend. We grieve not just as a company, but as a community as we have lost a loving, passionate man. He was my friend and my colleague. Everyday, working with him was like working as artists. Painting a masterpiece one stroke at a time.

Our operations will continue, but we request to the public for privacy in our time of mourning. As per his wishes, he will be cremated and a private funeral will be held for him...

To address the next issue, I have an announcement to make regarding the current leadership state of Armondale & Co..."

He breathed out a weighted sigh and revealed his decision, "Effective this midnight, I will take this time of great sorrow and reflection to take a necessary leave of absence."

The press started to make noise.

* * * * * * *

Nathan and Jeanie were surprised by the news, still watching the livestream. They had expected Mr. DeMont to take over as head of Armondale & Co.

* * * * * * *

Gabriel waved his hands down, trying to quell the audience.

"I do not know how long this leave will take. Maybe half a year. Maybe indefinitely. But I assure you, this company will be in secure, capable hands.

Today, I would like to give this floor to the heiress of Mr. Francis Armondale. His daughter, Ms. Jenny Challenger, our Chief Operations Officer."

Gabriel motioned his arms to Jenny, walking towards the podium. The journalists made more noise. The press photographers flashed their cameras and walked closer to the stage. The agents held the floor next to the stage.

Jenny stood next to Gabriel. "Ms. Challenger will now be taking her father's mantle as head Chief Executive Officer of this prestigious company collective.

I'd like to thank the board and the entire committee for understanding my decision and the trust they've given me through this decade and a half I've been with them. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart."

* * * * * * *

"This day is a trip... Damn." Nathan scratched his head. He began to feel the same stir in his stomach again.

Uneasy, he asked a guard a few meters away, "Hey, Mr. Agents! Can I smoke here?"

"Yes, sir. Feel free. We'll get you an ashtray."

"Thanks." He pulled out one rolled stock of his medicinal marijuana, branded as a Makrozoia Inc. product. Another subsidiary brand of Armondale & Co. He put the roll on his mouth, took out his lighter then lit the end 'til he could finally puff a good smoke.

He puffed and breathed out a relaxed amount, enough for him to feel more at peace.

The guard came back and gave a carbon fiber ashtray to Nathan. "You can leave it here. Thanks." He took the ashtray by hand and put it on the swing's bench between him and his sister.

Jeanie fell to her own temptation, "Oh, fuck it. Give me a puff."

Nathan passed the joint to her and she also puffed a small, chilled amount. She exhaled the vapor and felt her tenseness flow out.

"Fuuckkk yeahhh... That's the stufffff... Uhhhh.."

* * * * * * *

Jenny continued to speak on stage. With warmth and passion under control.

"Mr. Armondale always treated me with respect as his student. He was a true mentor to me. And personally... I felt that he treated me as his own daughter. Never have I thought just how true that would turn out to be.

In the eight years I've worked with him he never told that fact to me even once. Now, looking back, I felt as if he prepared me for a time like this. A time when someone else needs to be the next leader.