All Comments on 'Harmony Cliffs Ch. 05'

by GilbertRusk

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Brilliant and touching

I very much enjoyed this story, from the likable characters to the interesting plot and mystery. I gathered over the course of the story that perhaps Lana's ghost might be going after those who had mental illness or were suicidal, but wasn't sure since some of those that died didn't have any obvious indication of those thoughts. While the plot kinda took over and I wouldn't have minded a bit more about the way Clay and Becca handled their challenges, there was already a lot of development for such a short read, and I really commend you for that. Bravo!

GilbertRuskGilbertRuskabout 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Anonymous

Not everyone has mental illness or suicidal tendencies. But everyone has baggage, guilt, regrets, sins, insecurities, and so on. That's the stuff that drew Lana to her victims, and it's what I wrote this story to try and comment on. I'll admit that the plot may have gotten away from me, but in a mystery story, there are worse things. And I'm very glad that you enjoyed the story and the characters.

Thank you so much for reading and chiming in!

BiotechGirlBiotechGirlover 7 years ago
Beautiful

I cried my heart out while reading the final chapter. It really is a beautiful story in so many ways. Thanks for sharing it.

GilbertRuskGilbertRuskover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: BiotechGirl

That really means a lot. Thank you so much for reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Threaded the needle

This story is simply great, no other synonyms needed. It does all of the small things right; capturing plot, slow build up tempo alowing development (really impressive on this front), dynamic characterization, authentic to context and real life, pinpoint language; while at the same time being incredibly emotionally engaging from fear (I didn't want to listen to any music while reading the begining), to sadness and joy.

Looking forward to reading all of your other work since I am going to miss this story.

Keep creating greatness!

GilbertRuskGilbertRuskabout 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Anonymous

I'm very deeply flattered, and I miss these characters just as much. I don't think I may be completely done with them just yet, but we'll see. Thank you so very much for chiming in. Happy trails!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Well crafted. Good writing, fascinating theme, and compelling turns and twists. Very enjoyable - and look forward to reading your other stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous