All Comments on 'Harvest of Expectations Ch. 05'

by AutumnWriter

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

Two young people with different expectations, wonder if that has anything to do with the title of the story??? She is looking for a husband, Dad is pushing her hard to get her out of the house, she is dropping hints and he is too focused on his project and career to talk about the important issues. Nice touch to give him a picture to keep her in mind while he is away at school. Dad may not think he is husband material, but she certainly does.

Not to paint with too broad a brush, but you have written a perfect engineer, poor social skills, project driven and very detail focused. I loved the comment her Dad made at the kitchen table about an engineer not being able to read the prints. One of a machinists pet complaints is about engineers putting tolerances in drawings that are too exacting when it only makes the parts harder to make and more expensive. My guess is that Dad and Jim are never going to have a comfortable relationship, even if they do get married.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Another interesting chapter

Hildy only gives us brief flashes of personality. Like her father she seems to make it difficult to communicate. Her willingness to go along with anything he suggest bothers me. I do believe I would like to know if she has an agenda or not!

UpHillAllUpHillAllabout 11 years ago

I too would have liked to know more about Hildy, but concidering her upbringing and no social life it isn't a wonder there isn't much to say about her. But I love that what little I see about her, is authentic.

Thanks.

Dancewithme2Dancewithme2almost 10 years ago
:-/

Heartbreaking at this point.

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
I wondered!

I am glad to see I was thinking in the right direction. I wondered how long it would be before you brought it up.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous