All Comments on 'Hashtag Blessed'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
norafaresnorafaresalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for keeping us entertained through these trying times, Cheryl! Such a wonderful story. Five stars from me :)

chastenchastenalmost 3 years ago

A great story, Cheryl!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 3 years ago

Hope she is cured of instagram, personally love my collection of candid pics, family being family. Enjoyed the read and the setting of a storm taking out the power was excellent, removing all those electronics we have become so dependant on. Anyone who has never made love in a tent, sorry for you :) Life is about memories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

superb as usual; tyvm!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

***** Warm and not cluttered. Sierra is human and imperfect, maybe trying too hard, but at the right things. I felt that Drew understood as well as he could and rolled with the rest, which is sometimes all a husband can do! Thank you for a heart warming read.

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 3 years ago

Fascinatingly different story, but I loved it. Been there a little big, with the pictures. Great job as always, ma'am.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a shame woman gets groped an little happens to the piece of garbage that assaulted her. The social media obsession of so many people is contributing to a very shallow society where ideas and analysis of them does not matter as long as the pictures are perfect. I don't know if it was your intention but you did a marvellous job of illustrating how life is not perfect and people just need to deal with it move on without worrying if their life is worthy of publication.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The encounter with the slimeball is not a "he said, she said " incident due to the fact that there was at least one independent witness to the event that was willing to attest to the facts of the matter. Very weak, senseless handling of the situation.

apophasisapophasisalmost 3 years ago

This is a lovely slice of life story with a lot more depth than you'd expect from a little over 2 pages.

Sierra's relationship with social media is a lot more complicated than I think people understand. She tries to force life into perfect pictures because that's her only source of external validation outside of her husband. Even if she realizes that nobody's life is perfect and that trying to pretend that yours is through staged photos is pointless, that need to feel like you're doing something important or meaningful isn't going to just go away because that need is human.

BoldVultureBoldVulturealmost 3 years ago

Loved the introspection and chatacter growth. And REALLY lived thend. Sex good too!

RiverMayaRiverMayaalmost 3 years ago

True love is not always exquisote passion, it is also the ordinary, the everyday and the simple. Definitely five ☆s, but worth so much more.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Great story written like a real Mom!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story. Brings out the love between family members. Thankfully, Sierra realized how worthless it is to keep posting 'unreal' pictures on Social Media. Just fooling self and trying to impress others. Hope all Social Media users realize this soon.

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 3 years ago
Wonderfully real

This story sooooo much reminds me of a family I know, in which the mom posts lots of pictures and anecdotes about herself and her kids on social media, but I know their life isn't nearly as perfect as what she portrays. It's messy and stressful and hectic... but there is much love between the couple and of course they adore their kids.

The way this story mirrors the life of that family truly makes it very realistic, and incredibly enjoyable. :)

Davester37Davester37almost 3 years ago

This is a wonderful story with well-developed, likable characters. I feel like I can identify with this couple. 5* of course!

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

AdamdavidsonAdamdavidsonalmost 3 years ago

Up to your usual exceptional standards! As a writer myself, I am envious of your prodigious story telling talents. Keep writing for us, I await each new submission and read them almost immediately!

rnebularrnebularalmost 3 years ago

I absolutely love this story. That's usual for anything you post :) Felt very authentic, a very relatable tale. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

Rnebular

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66almost 3 years ago

Loved this unique romance. Bravo! Easily 5 ⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love that you revel in turning ordinary moments into extraordinary adventures. 10/10

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Great again. Likeable loving family and despite Sierra's infatuation with snapping the perfect family there's genuine love. In addition, her feelings especially when Drew comes home probably reflect many a mother's feelings of insecurity when th boys gravitate to their father. Well portrayed throughout and another 5 from me.

Another mention of those ubiquitous USB chargers but what can I expect from a series of stories based about power outages 😆😆. Take care.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story.

Felt like an episode of Black Mirror. How technology affects people and relationships. Glad the mom figured it out by the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's a sweet story, but I think you overdo her obsession with photos and Facebook. You can show it without stating it so often. And this is the place to say I loved "Save World, Get Girl." Funny, sexy, suspenseful.... if that's the word.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another one out of the park. Glad your still here!

barcomberbarcomberalmost 3 years ago

A real love story.

Drawn_DrewDrawn_Drewover 2 years ago

An utterly wonderful story, and an accurate depiction of life and love with a young family in the modern age. Worthy of fifty stars if I could give them!

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Excellent, thanks

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Delightful story well told. It actually took me back to when we had two under three

johnkalagianjohnkalagianover 2 years ago

Your best story so far, Missy Cheryl!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 2 years ago

We've all been there: the wedding photographer/videographer who makes himself a pest by spoiling the perfect moments he's supposed to preserve. Here we have a mom who wants so desperately to be so good and thinks she can achieve perfection living her small-town life and family life through the lens of her smart phone. I wish I could say it's a distinctly Canadian phenomenon.

Bless you for capturing the epiphany. Married love at its most tender.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best I've read in some time. Just love and family, what more is needed?

BladdddddddBladdddddddalmost 2 years ago

Once in a blue moon I read a story that is so good I want to lower the scores I gave to all the other stories just to set it apart that little bit more. Thank you

Po8pPo8palmost 2 years ago

It doesn't matter where you come from, what religion, what race, what income, what matters is that you live to have a day in your life like this.

This is just too perfect and I hope one day I'll have one like that.

NevermyloveNevermyloveover 1 year ago

A beautiful portrait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such a sweet story! I just loved this. So picture perfect of how romance should be.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great Great story. Beautiful memories created

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Aargh! Not (heavens forfend) marital sex! I am shocked!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Beautiful family time portrait. Accurate gestalt of multiple child raising chaos, mirth, rapport, and frustration. Still, when couples become empty nester, it becomes too quiet to adjust to? Nice writing/recording...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories