All Comments on 'Haven's Wood Ch. 04'

by notmy_realname

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
SilverCrestSilverCrestalmost 11 years ago
love it

fantastic story. great characters. keep going!!

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 11 years ago
A pet peeve . . .

Please don't make the "little one" comment a regular thing.

I mean, it's your story, do what you want, it doesn't mean I won't read it, but . . .

Calling an adult woman "little one" or a similar diminutive which likens her to a child really gets on my nerves. I find it demeaning and disrespectful.

There are exceptions, age-play and types of D/s relationships, but if you purport any level of equality between people in a relationship, please stay away from referring to or treating one of it's members like a child.

Aside from that, I'm liking this. Keep up the good work!

willieonewillieonealmost 11 years ago
One word!!

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I agree with PallasAthena, and I too like this story very much .

DecadentdessertDecadentdessertalmost 11 years ago

Loving it! Don't change a thing!

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxalmost 11 years ago

THIS STORY IS SO HOT, IM GONNA NEED A SHOWER FOR EVERY CHAPTER! OH MAN!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Agreed with the reader who brought up the comment about the use of "Little One." I realize he's rationalizing it with their comparative height, but it all comes down to a very patronizing attitude straight out of some of the worst stories in the BDSM cateogry. These are wolves, noble creatures who fight together in packs, their females at their sides. There's a necessary level of respect in that, and referring to a lover the way you would to a child or pup comes across as incredibly disrespectful. Some people consider it a term of endearment, indicative of a protective relationship,but it's the sort of attitude that can and does ruin relationships.

Among wolves who are each every bit capable of defending themselves with tooth and claw, it should come across as patronizing. That goes double for the use of locks and cages, which is shockingly frequent in a category frequented by were-people to whom caging and leashing should be considered the deepest kind of insult to their animal nature. Would you cage a wolf, or lock it up? Treat it like a lap dog meant to be hidden away for its own safety?

I guess I'm just saying I'd like to see an Alpha mate that acts like an Alpha, not just to other females, but to other males of the pack, and most certainly willing to deal a sharp nip to her mate when he chances to get out of line. Respect is a two way street. Wolves are not dogs.

$0.02+

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 11 years ago

Opinions on 'Little One' are valid; however, I don't feel it as patronizing in this story. I did feel it as a simple endearment. So many, many things can strike some one as off. It is a simple thing to adjust, if you choose to do so. There are an abundance of other choices. Maybe Natasha doesn't like being called little one. One word and James would be looking for another term. That could almost be a humorous running thing as he tries out one after another to find an endearment that woks for both of them. They need all the bonding experiences they can find to settle into each other.

I am enjoying this story very much. :)

dyack69dyack69almost 11 years ago

Really like to read your story. Please don't stop writing.

cantfindlovecantfindlovealmost 11 years ago
Little one

It could make her feel cherished.

It could be the age difference. She's young compared to him.

It could be that as far s werewolves go she is young too since she was just turned.

I could see the relationship developing and her adjusts what he calls her as they go along. It could be he doesn't see her as an equal yet.

It could all be simpler and we are al just reading too much I go the stories we read. ;)

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123almost 11 years ago
@cantfindlove

I'm pretty sure, in this instance, he's mostly just teasing her.

And, so far, I'm really pleased with notmy_realname's portrayal of J&N's relationship.

I mean, his cornering her and telling her he won't let her leave is a bit creepy, but the story is tagged "possessive" and I've read many stories about true mates that are waaaaayy more rape-y.

All I'm saying is, infantilization and paternalism tend to be turn-offs for me.

katgoddess1katgoddess1almost 11 years ago

Okay, so she has a low sense of self-worth. I don't think that he's helping her by talking down to her. Basically a good story and the longer chapter was appreciated.

oneoflifesjewelsoneoflifesjewelsalmost 11 years ago
Hurry!

I am loving your story, so please hurry with more chapters! lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love this story!

Great chapter! I love that he is being an Alpha to her. There is nothing wrong with some D/s in a wolf story. I like that he is showing his dominance and called her "little one", I think it's showing the dynamic of their budding relationship. She's had a rough childhood and wants a man now who will watch out for her and take care of her. Who better to be that man than the Alpha of the pack. Please keep writing!!

panda1870panda1870almost 11 years ago
cute

I like it... Especially about being spanked lol :P

goodwillmagicgoodwillmagicalmost 11 years ago
Just like her Uncle

he has taken away her freedom and her right to choose. Seems like he is not starting off well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Haven's Wood

The story is pretty good, with the exception that the chapters are too short and you people, writing these stories, have a way of leaving people hanging. Why can't you write all of the story and then pubish it on line. It is irritating to not be able to finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Grr this is taking so long for every thing to be published. I love this story, but I wish the chapters were longer. Good job. Although it would be better wish out some grammar issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Get over it.

I really don't get everyone being so upset about James' use of the term "Little One". To me it is sweet. I also love being called baby and don't equate that with being deemed or treated as an infant. Both are sweet terms of endearment. He has shown her that he cares for her and want's her to be safe, but he is not locking her away as the uncle did. Is he possesive, yes, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Love that he gave her a swat too and threatened a spanking if she keeps running herself down. :-) That's just me though...I love men that are loving AND dominant without being overly controlling. :-) Loving the story so far. I think he is exactly what she needs just as he is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
gilded cage

A cage is still a cage no matter how pretty it is. He already admitted to himself that she had a right to be worried about the gate, because he does not plan to ever let her go. He takes liberties with her, because he knows she can't think through the urges. Except the thing he refuses to think about is that just because the body wants something it does not mean that the mind wants it as well. I really feel sorry for Natasha, because she is about to completely lose her freedom, just like with her Uncle. I wonder if she will even be let out of his room, because he can't stand her around unmated males.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous